Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I’m finding myself drawn in by this line, of thinking.  

Some one has to pull your revolutionary and innovative thoughts into control

giphy.gif

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

sorry guys, haven't been on here much since 2016 but halo infinite has me hype. What's all this news about people hating H5? I didn't think that was the vibe. IMO its better than H4 and default reach, what are the main issues people have with the game? Not meaning to troll/fan the flame here just genuinely curious 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

sorry guys, haven't been on here much since 2016 but halo infinite has me hype. What's all this news about people hating H5? I didn't think that was the vibe. IMO its better than H4 and default reach, what are the main issues people have with the game? Not meaning to troll/fan the flame here just genuinely curious 

Nutshell time.

H5= Mediocre, tries to please everyone game design philosophy that fails to please anyone. Skillgap based on unwanted obnoxious elements and weapon sandbox built for braindead toddlers. Aiming is inconsistent trash, and Warzone is Pay to Win lite.

Great forge and custom game browser. 60 fps is good. Magnum is, relatively speaking, the best utility we've had in years (strong emphasis on relatively). Dedi's provide consistent connect quality.

  • Upvote (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

sorry guys, haven't been on here much since 2016 but halo infinite has me hype. What's all this news about people hating H5? I didn't think that was the vibe. IMO its better than H4 and default reach, what are the main issues people have with the game? Not meaning to troll/fan the flame here just genuinely curious 

Did you watch Splyce when they were still good? The mobility basically broke the game and they would get teams on spawn and fly across the map so fast and challenge 1v1s for pretty much an entire game. It was total chaos. Maybe not unskillful or anything like that but definitely not Halo. The aiming sucked too. Couldn't really enjoy a game that wasn't enjoyable to interact with on such a basic level. H5 was the first Halo that I felt was enjoyable to watch if you understood it but I never actually liked playing it myself

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I've always felt bad for ghost on some level I always got the impression he was stuck somewhere between himself, the community and not enraging the people he worked for 

*Speculating* - Walking into a corporate AAA structure with an established hierarchy and direction was probably an interesting experience - even more interesting if they disagreed with planned direction decisions (again, I dont know). The original pro team (imo) was stuck between a rock and a hard place because they were much more accessible to communicate with (twitter, forums, xbox live, etc.) so they would catch the heat publicly on certain decisions, but the reality is they probably didn't have any control over most things. Probably frustrating when the community raged against the machine on a decision and you can't say that you at least tried to fight it due to an NDA.

 

TLDR: Take it easy on the current pro team ;)

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I can't quite grapple with the fact that we will see Halo Infinite game play tomorrow. Gonna be off the hook.

I love that this is your first post on the forum.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Joseph said:

*Speculating* - Walking into a corporate AAA structure with an established hierarchy and direction was probably an interesting experience - even more interesting if they disagreed with planned direction decisions (again, I dont know). The original pro team (imo) was stuck between a rock and a hard place because they were much more accessible to communicate with (twitter, forums, xbox live, etc.) so they would catch the heat publicly on certain decisions, but the reality is they probably didn't have any control over most things. Probably frustrating when the community raged against the machine on a decision and you can't say that you at least tried to fight it due to an NDA.

 

TLDR: Take it easy on the current pro team ;)

Which is dumb. If they're only going to have a pro team to say "they have a pro team" and not allow them to have a reasonable amount of actual input that's put into the game, don't have a pro team.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Which is dumb. If they're only going to have a pro team to say "they have a pro team" and not allow them to have a reasonable amount of actual input that's put into the game, don't have a pro team.

I am sure they take the pro team feedback seriously - because like you said, what is the point of them being there if not? I don't think it's just a 'PR' thing to say they have a pro team, they don't really need to do that tbh. 

That being said, I'm sure the pro team and 'main mp team' (for lack of a better term) have their own ideas that conflict, that's normal anywhere. All that matters is how bulletproof the case you make for your idea is, and if someone is willing to consider a different point of view (on either side of the argument).

If your idea/case is riddled with holes, then you give someone an easy justification to dismiss it. If your idea is bulletproof but falls upon deaf ears that are unwilling to entertain a different approach, then it will also be dismissed. Fun :)

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Assuming the pro team actually doesn't agree with what's happened to Halo (which is not a guarantee), then the interaction should've went like this:

"Hey, thanks for hiring me to be on the pro team!"

"No problem. By the way, we're pretty much not going to listen to a single thing you say." 

zGHQb4O.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Assuming the pro team actually doesn't agree with what's happened to Halo (which is not a guarantee), then the interaction should've went like this:

"Hey, thanks for hiring me to be on the pro team!"

"No problem. By the way, we're pretty much not going to listen to a single thing you say." 

zGHQb4O.gif

 

I feel like the pro team's direction should always be to make the most competitive version of the game 343 Industries is trying to build, not necessarily make the pro team's version of Halo. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, washedfrank said:

I feel like the pro team's direction should always be to make the most competitive version of the game 343 Industries is trying to build, not necessarily make the pro team's version of Halo. 

We ended up with radar in tournaments. I don't know what to say.

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

We ended up with radar in tournaments. I don't know what to say.

Yeah I feel like that wasn't pro team's call, I really think the final version of Halo 5's competitive settings ended up making for some really great Halo, I think if anything, if we are going to get settings that need tweaked the team just moves faster to implement them than what happened with Halo 5. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

60 fps is good.

It's 2020 and next gen consoles announced 120Hz support - I expect a shooter with such budget to make use of that and even go beyond 120 on PC.
Sure have a 4K 60fps mode for casuals if you want to but at least 1440p or 1080p on 120fps for consoles, especially if they don't have subframe input.

Share this post


Link to post

The pro team are basically just a sometimes-functioning buffer against spectacularly dumb shit being implemented at either the mainstage level or at the basic design level. 

That we got flag juggling back is most likely thanks to them, and proof that they're doing something

Radars and nade hitmarkers are proof that they're largely irrelevant outside of the 3-4 decisions from them that do get implemented. 

Even otherwise, relying on a pro team won't help. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

The pro team are basically just a sometimes-functioning buffer against spectacularly dumb shit being implemented at either the mainstage level or at the basic design level. 

That we got flag juggling back is most likely thanks to them, and proof that they're doing something

Radars and nade hitmarkers are proof that they're largely irrelevant outside of the 3-4 decisions from them that do get implemented. 

Even otherwise, relying on a pro team won't help. 

Remember when Halo 4 didn't have descope?

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Assuming the pro team actually doesn't agree with what's happened to Halo (which is not a guarantee)

It's sad, a lot of halo pros have outed themselves as pro-sprint/advanced mobility. 

Wouldnt be surprised at all if the pro team thinks Halo is better with sprint.

Share this post


Link to post

Wait a minute, Chief's gun is down in the new cover art instead of up like CE's? Sprint confirmed.

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

You say that but there's a good chance grapple will be yet another mechanic that stops you from shooting. Because hOw CaN yOu ShOoT wHiLe GrApPlInG???

  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

All of those grappling hook memes make me feel really uneasy. It's my birthday tomorrow. Please stop taking away the last bits of positivity from me guys.

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.