CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Halos vehicles are about simplicity and intuitive control. The only thing they need is specific weak points so that players can counter them on spawn. Making them like battlefield vehicles wouldn't fit imo.

I mean you are pretty spot on with this, and that's why I dislike almost the entire vehicle sandbox. They add so many things like rocket launchers, fuel rod cannons, plasma grenade launchers and other shit but at the end of the day you still shoot everything with your starting rifle, seems like that's always the answer in a Halo game, shoot it with your spawn rifle and it gets more effective if more people do it.

Honestly I feel like the warthog is the best vehicle in the series and when I say that I mean the one with the default machine gun, it has good maneuverability and speed so it can quickly reposition compared to a tank that's just sitting somewhere, it provides options for tactical use in objective gamemodes and has a gun that's not 1 tapping people so its main objective should probably be to stay alive and support the team while it's not such a huge threat to the enemies that everybody will start focus firing it down instantly.
If the enemies have a banshee it's like "oh shit every 10 year old can get a killionaire with the bombs, EVERYBODY LIGHT THIS KID UP NOW!!!", it just feels stupid either way because as I said in a previous post it either totally dominates if nobody is shooting or it will do close to nothing and on top of all that it's a distraction at best when it comes to the teamplay layer...

Honestly I prefer 8v8 to be bigger 4v4 with some extra stuff, guess this is where people tend to disagree - I think boyo wants more outlandish stuff for example (?).
But I do agree that it's nice that warthogs and even falcons require multiple people to be effective, a banshee has to fully be shot down to not be a threat anymore while on a falcon if you snipe the gunner out of the turret the vehicle might not be dead but lost most of its damage output.
Overall it might not be the best way to put it but a lot of vehicles seem to just be for harassing and annoying the enemy and I prefer that warthogs can actually interact with objective gameplay. I have not thought enough about the state of 8v8 to be sure if it would be possible to provide a vehicle set that's designed entirely with a support role in mind, not that I could see that happening anyways.

55 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

1194204-one_million_small.jpg

Ouch

If you went back in time to 2007 and swapped out Halo 3's gameplay for Halo 5's, you'd still have a population of that size. 

Most players don't care. 

On a related note

I'm done with this fucking playerbase. Social players are either indifferent or in favor of the stupidest shit that makes playing the game a total chore for anybody who doesn't have a tool of destruction AR. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

13 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

1. Population has nothing to do with sandbox 

2. Popularity isn’t a good defense for saying something is better

3. Launch day numbers on a counter known to be bugged is not an argument for a weapon sandbox 

4. Halo 3 has a sandbox as good as warm shit on your cars hood

I think I see you getting dumped on somewhere in that lighted area. Halo 3s weapon balancing is A1.

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

Who doesn't love a rocket launcher you can counter by jumping!
And I mean if player number validates the weapon balance being good I better hope they use Fortnite weapon balance for Halo Sprintfinite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

You missed your rocket launcher shot? It's called a skill gap. Another reason why the sandbox is bon appetit.

• Downvote (-1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 2

1 minute ago, Toastomgi said:

You missed your rocket launcher shot? It's called a skill gap. Another reason why the sandbox is bon appetit.

What about Halo 3’s sandbox made it so good?  What did other Halos do wrong that Halo 3 did right?  

• Upvote (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What about Halo 3’s sandbox made it so good?  What did other Halos do wrong that Halo 3 did right?  

The sniper. Everything else is ass. I suppose it's "balanced" but it's a similar balance to Modern Warfare 2 just instead of everything being OP everything is a pea shooter.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Basu said:

The sniper. Everything else is ass. I suppose it's "balanced" but it's a similar balance to Modern Warfare 2 just instead of everything being OP everything is a pea shooter.

IMO even the Sniper feels clunky and unfun to use, itself. So 'hard' to use against a utility weapon than can neither reach out and touch it nor kill fast enough to put proper pressure on it.

38 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Yeah I am "missing" because they jumped, guess I will have to hit directs now with the rocket launcher. Totally useful power weapon, skill gap btw - bon appetit!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Basu said:

And the sniper is only okay because the BR sucks ass. People always go on about how much skill shit takes but if your BR has H4 magnetism a sniper like that would make even less of a difference than it already does due to 2,5 / 3 minute timers.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

IMO even the Sniper feels clunky and unfun to use, itself. So 'hard' to use against a utility weapon than can neither reach out and touch it nor kill fast enough to put proper pressure on it.

Yes that ROF is a joke and if the BR was an actual mid-range weapon or didn't have the slowest ROF in the series the sniper would be almost completely useless.

• Like (+1) 1

H3 has a bon appetit sandbox if you eat glue

CE is gold standard for Halo but still has its flaws

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Toastomgi said:

Yes rockets should be so powerful and central to map control that a guy with rockets can't reliably kill two people at mid range 

Just now, _Synapse said:

Yes rockets should be so powerful and central to map control that a guy with rockets can't reliably kill two people at mid range 

Look man, power weapons suck anyway. The reduce the skill gap, just like power ups. It should be only CTF BR on Amplified 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Ironically I feel like a lot of people enjoyed the peashooter power weapons because then it's all just BR teamshot and shitty melee trades.
If you think about it a lot of pros seem to like that sort of boring play style, esp on maps like midshit where you get on the two towers and just fire away lmao.

There is no problem with the rockets being extremely powerful when they are the only true power weapon on map. If the utility is effective like it is in CE then weapons like the shotgun and sniper become just another weapon. If you put H3 rocks in CE they’d become just another weapon and would not demand the sort of map presence that CE rocks do. If anything the rocket ammo count could be cut to only two rockets. Maybe place an extra rocket on the map as a pick up but make it so you have to go out if your way to get it.

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Halo not being fun is an unpopular opinion.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even H3's sniper rifle is pretty meh.

RoF is a joke, noscope magnetism is a thing, noscoping in general is really easy (People playing on 10 sens can literally swipe over you at light speed and still get a body shot if you're mid or close range), and the fact that it's moreso Halo 3's trash aiming than the actual weapon itself that gives it a skillgap. 

The good thing about it is that it's the hardest weapon to kill with by hardscoping. 

Still feel like the OG CE Sniper rifle is better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

The kill times and randomness of Halo 3's sandbox was great because I had way more time to react to bad decisions without getting punished! 

Halo 1 is way to fast paced for my reaction times. Halo 3 was nice, slow, and forgiving!

• Fire (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Basu said:

I love feeling powerless in a shooter because my gun is so shitty and takes long af to kill someone. 

So much fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Halo not being fun is an unpopular opinion.

That doesn't answer the question. What makes Halo 3's sandbox good in relation to the rest of the franchise? What about it makes it special?

90% of H3's sandbox is so weak that the best way to get kills with them is finish your opponent with a melee instead of the actual weapon. Which unfortunately a lot of casuals would call 'strategic' instead of 'Cross-Mapping with the OP BR/Pistol'.

Speaking of cross-mapping with the BR, I am sure that many higher level players LOVE H3's sandbox because of how uselessly weak it is. Because then they can just continue to use only the utility weapon without any second thoughts as to how they engage even the 'power' weapons. Such single-minded, one-dimensional gameplay of BR teamshot and that is it. It is a big reason why I stopped taking competitive Halo seriously a long time ago.

I'm down for being able to avoid rockets, but not if the long spawn timer and location is made to pretend like it has any real influence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just gonna leave this here:

Halo 3 is garbage, this debate was settled long ago. Can we please just accept it & move on?

Praising a Halo game that was designed to be random sends the wrong message.

• Like (+1) 6