CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Unfortunately we’re only getting infinite campaign gameplay but that’s ok and tbh expected 

On 7/9/2020 at 5:41 AM, _Synapse said:

An ideal Halo would take the majority of it's influence from CE, with some hints here and there from H2 and H3. 

Your post is so hypocritical by bringing ce  up as what the majority of influence should be. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Your post is so hypocritical by bringing ce  up as what the majority of influence should be. 

hypocritical:

adjective

• of the nature of hypocrisy, or pretense of having virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually possess.
  • possessing the characteristics of hypocrisy.

Dude, what?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Unfortunately we’re only getting infinite campaign gameplay but that’s ok and tbh expected 

No it's not okay and shouldn't be expected lol. If they make us wait another month for MP gameplay I don't even..

That's 2 months before launch they'd have to be nuts.

...right?

• Like (+1) 1

Wasnt there a leak a while back that Infinite's campaign and multiplayer would be delivered separately? 

This campaign-only reveal kinda gives that rumor a little more credibility imo. 

25 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Wasnt there a leak a while back that Infinite's campaign and multiplayer would be delivered separately? 

This campaign-only reveal kinda gives that rumor a little more credibility imo. 

With the exception of MCC which had like thirty seconds of Ascension gameplay, and bringing back old multiplayers was supposed to be a selling feature, to my knowledge every other E3 Halo gameplay reveal (I know it's not E3, but it's basically serving the same purpose) was campaign. I guess Halo 5 had the Warzone teaser. I don't think this means too much.

3 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Dude, what?

He specifically mentions how people need to stop bringing up what way halo should be because they specifically want X and then says what it should be because he wants it. That’s hypocritical. You can’t say don’t do something then straight up do the thing you said not to do. That’s what most would consider a hypocrite. There are many meanings to hypocrite not just that single quote you found on google. That is being a hypocrite, sorry you couldn’t accept that. 

• Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Exidrion said:

No it's not okay and shouldn't be expected lol. If they make us wait another month for MP gameplay I don't even..

That's 2 months before launch they'd have to be nuts.

...right?

Well this event is supposed to be E3 and usually at e3 we get campaign gameplay where h5 was the only one to break such a cycle 

Using the same marketing strategy as the past Halos. Reveal almost nothing because the game is trash so people buy the game to only see for themselves and for it to be too late. 343 milks the Halo franchise again and the Halo fan base gets broken promises.

4 minutes ago, Toastomgi said:

Using the same marketing strategy as the past Halos. Reveal almost nothing because the game is trash so people buy the game to only see for themselves and for it to be too late. 343 milks the Halo franchise again and the Halo fan base gets broken promises.

I played the Halo 3 Beta for a LONG time before buying the game. Same with Reach. 

6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

HCE style sandbox.

HCE style TTK. 

HCE's utility weapon design of no magnetism. 

HCE nade trick meta (as well as power item physics). 

HCE style static spawns.

HCE power item spawn pace. 

HCE style melee. 

HCE/2/3 movement speed, amped up 15-20%.

H2 Movement Acceleration, but amped up 20-30%.

H2 Button Glitch meta. 

H3 Trickjump Physics and meta. 

It's a foundation for a solid competitive Halo title, as well as one that's fun overall. What's not to like? 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

HCE style sandbox.

HCE style TTK. 

HCE's utility weapon design of no magnetism. 

HCE nade trick meta (as well as power item physics). 

HCE style static spawns.

HCE power item spawn pace. 

HCE style melee. 

HCE/2/3 movement speed, amped up 15-20%.

H2 Movement Acceleration, but amped up 20-30%.

H2 Button Glitch meta. 

H3 Trickjump Physics and meta. 

It's a foundation for a solid competitive Halo title, as well as one that's fun overall. What's not to like? 

It still doesn’t escape the point I was making. It’s pretty hypocritical don’t you think  say people should srop saying what halo should be because they think what it should be then you do the thing you tell people not to do. 
also I’ll list what I detest in your list. 
h2 button glitches.(UNLESS they mechanics implemented that everyone knows exist) 

no bullet magnetism? Lmao you do know there’s gotta be some right. Even ce has bullet magnetism. 

1 minute ago, Exidrion said:

Oh. Oh. Nice.

:(

I believe multiplayer is being shown off on the 25th

2 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I believe multiplayer is being shown off on the 25th

Well I guess if they want to announce the flighting I guess for them to show MP later would be smart. I also believe we will get a campaign demo we all can play 

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It still doesn’t escape the point I was making. It’s pretty hypocritical don’t you think  say people should srop saying what halo should be because they think what it should be then you do the thing you tell people not to do. 
also I’ll list what I detest in your list. 
h2 button glitches.(UNLESS they mechanics implemented that everyone knows exist) 

no bullet magnetism? Lmao you do know there’s gotta be some right. Even ce has bullet magnetism. 

I don't get mad at people for voicing their opinion, I get mad when people are indifferent and totally clueless while voicing an opinion strongly. 

It's 2020, bro. YouTube is a billion dollar platform. If somebody's getting killed by something peculiar, they can search what it is. Though yeah, they should be mechanics designed and balanced deliberately by the devs and advertised by the game's tutorials to the player. 

CE has minimal magnetism, and even that's because it uses projectiles. lnternet infrastructure has come a long way, and we can still use hitscan weaponry like in H5. 

It's unfortunate we will only see Campaign, but tbh as long as it's gameplay it can give us a decent idea of how the game will play. If there's sprint and thruster and all that garbage it's going to be shown

13 minutes ago, JordanB said:

It's unfortunate we will only see Campaign, but tbh as long as it's gameplay it can give us a decent idea of how the game will play. If there's sprint and thruster and all that garbage it's going to be shown

You know I don’t get this hate for thruster. I don’t believe it’s damage to the map or sandbox is because of it. We just need a nerfed thruster. Unless they go my idea of doom movement speed or synapse here 15-20% more bms of the previous halos. I know for a fact h3 mlg used 110 but even I feel that was too little. I e always felt it should of been 120 but because of the crappy BR projectile velocity it would make hitting people way too difficult 

@_Synapse  I don't get mad at people for voicing their opinion, I get mad when people are indifferent and totally clueless while voicing an opinion strongly. 
umm if that’s directed at me for calling you a hypocrite on something then your wrong because I’m right that you were being one. I’m not even against what you think should be halo as I like most of your shit you listed if not all of it. It’s just that is being a hypocrite that’s all. How can I tell people to stop talking about something then 5-10 minutes later go on a rant about that whom I told people shouldn’t do. Most people would call me a hypocrite if I did that, and I would accept.

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

You know I don’t get this hate for thruster. I don’t believe it’s damage to the map or sandbox is because of it. We just need a nerfed thruster. Unless they go my idea of doom movement speed or synapse here 15-20% more bms of the previous halos. I know for a fact h3 mlg used 110 but even I feel that was too little. I e always felt it should of been 120 but because of the crappy BR projectile velocity it would make hitting people way too difficult 

If thruster is in Infinite, it needs something to go/counter with momentum. If I'm strafing left and thruster right, it should have a significant nerf to the movement as opposed to if I were strafing left and strafed left. I'd also nerf the cooldown. I don't know if that would fix it but it would help. 

And I really only said thruster bec it's similar to sprint in that it's a movement speed increase and you can't shoot while doing it. It wasn't mean to bring up a thruster is good or bad topic

8 minutes ago, JordanB said:

If thruster is in Infinite, it needs something to go/counter with momentum. If I'm strafing left and thruster right, it should have a significant nerf to the movement as opposed to if I were strafing left and strafed left. I'd also nerf the cooldown. I don't know if that would fix it but it would help. 

And I really only said thruster bec it's similar to sprint in that it's a movement speed increase and you can't shoot while doing it. It wasn't mean to bring up a thruster is good or bad topic

Hmm I actually like that idea. For me the biggest problem with thruster pack is the unpredictability. If I don’t predict which direction properly I’m fucked. 
also I think thruster if done like it was in h5 mythic shows me thrust doesn’t ruin halo like sprint does/has. 
In my opinion halo should go projectile but I shouldn’t have to lead unless I’m long distanced. That means if I’m not scoping in but I have red reticule that’s where any need to lead should be gone. PUBG which I believe has some of the best gun mechanics is like this. You only need to lead at long range and to an extent medium. Do you guys think halo should have bullet drop? 

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

For me the biggest problem with thruster pack is the unpredictability.

In that case just nerf thruster so if you're strafing left you can't thruster in any other direction until you start moving that direction for X amount of time. Maybe 0.5 or 1.0 seconds but I'm just throwing out a number. But if we're really going through all these nerfs to thruster, at that point just get rid of it lol IMO

I never played Mythic so idk

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

He specifically mentions how people need to stop bringing up what way halo should be because they specifically want X and then says what it should be because he wants it. That’s hypocritical. You can’t say don’t do something then straight up do the thing you said not to do. That’s what most would consider a hypocrite. There are many meanings to hypocrite not just that single quote you found on google. That is being a hypocrite, sorry you couldn’t accept that. 

On 7/9/2020 at 8:41 AM, _Synapse said:

What "the Halo community wants" really has to stop being the benchmark, gameplay wise. Sweaty players who actually understand how the game functions have a bad habit of wildly overestimating just how much of the Halo community also understand how the game functions. 

The portion of Halo players who actually understand how to play the game is anywhere from 15% to 5%. 

If you use "what the community wants" as a shorthand for what YOU want, you'll be sorely disappointed when Infinite launches with Halo 5 copy-pasted movement. Most of the Halo community are really dumb as shit as far as knowing how to design a good Halo game goes, ironically enough. A CS or Quake player probably knows how to design the gameplay better. 

Also, Halo 3 being the most acclaimed multiplayer by Halo players is just further proof that Halo 2/3 kids have a huge disproportionate influence on the general opinion of the games. 

Halo needs to almost entirely abandon all of the new stuff they added in Halo 3.

An ideal Halo would take the majority of it's influence from CE, with some hints here and there from H2 and H3. 

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but @_Synapse seems to be arguing that the focus shouldn't be what the community wants, i.e., the "majority"; that the "majority" does not understand how the game functions. He's castigating reliance on argumentum ad populum. Him then suggesting that Halo should take more influence from CE is not hypocritical to that stance, as he does not invoke "popular sentiment" in his argument.

He never argues "people need to stop bringing up what way halo should be," as you put it. That's a complete straw man of his argument.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly, but @_Synapse seems to be arguing that the focus shouldn't be what the community wants, i.e., the "majority"; that the "majority" does not understand how the game functions. He's castigating reliance on argumentum ad populum. Him then suggesting that Halo should take more influence from CE is not hypocritical to that stance, as he does not invoke "popular sentiment" in his argument.

He never argues "people need to stop bringing up what way halo should be," as you put it. That's a complete straw man of his argument.

Maybe I read his post wrong but that’s kinda what I got from it when I read it.

Halo is probably the only game out there where it’s so confusing what people want. The competitive settings and regular are so worlds apart. Ce is the only halo where this isn’t the case and it’s sad 

11 minutes ago, JordanB said:

In that case just nerf thruster so if you're strafing left you can't thruster in any other direction until you start moving that direction for X amount of time. Maybe 0.5 or 1.0 seconds but I'm just throwing out a number. But if we're really going through all these nerfs to thruster, at that point just get rid of it lol IMO

I never played Mythic so idk

Well to be fair thruster isn’t like sprint needing a ton of nerfs. I’d say in h5 it was balanced but was kind of ridiculous how far you moved. If you couldn’t move as far it be less frustrating. H5 mythic took the thrust and Nerfed it to a point where you didn’t move as far.