CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

13 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Umm I meant speed wise. H1-3 based movement is slow AF 

There's a great gif of someone walking across midship in halo 3 in the same time if not less than it takes to sprint around the halo 5 remake

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

There's a great gif of someone walking across midship in halo 3 in the same time if not less than it takes to sprint around the halo 5 remake

Not a gif and only to top carb, but

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Go play BTB and tell me that. The overall movement of these games is abysmally slow. I need at least doom level speed.

You ever heard of a vehicle

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 7/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, Shekkles said:

At least they seem aware that this is the case. All XSX promo's say the game lineup is "Lead by Halo: Infinite" so they must have something impressive.

Impressive does not mean good though.

I expect the single player to be truly impressive (if it isn't the series truly might be dead). There are pretty much countless millions of dollars riding on Infinite having Something compelling. The multiplayer on the other hand, and the competitive multiplayer to be more specific, is another story. 

Halo Infinite has been toted as being Microsoft headline game and poster child of the next generation of consoles. After the lukewarm reception of the past few games, MS must be pretty fucken confident in what they're seeing if they're happy to use it as the headline title. 

Hopefully the MP maps aesthetic is a lot more varied. That was hugely disappointing in Halo 5, especially when Mercy released and 343 demonstrated the ability to create unique looking aesthetics for maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

You ever heard of a vehicle

Why should I need a vehicle? 

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Why should I need a vehicle? 

Teleporters, mancannons?

32 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Teleporters, mancannons?

Why should I need those either? I want to move fast but with the ability to still fire. Doom 4(and obviously eternal) are fast AF. Vehicles and teleporters. 

21 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Why should I need those either? I want to move fast but with the ability to still fire. Doom 4(and obviously eternal) are fast AF. 

"Why should I need all these things that kill my argument?"

• Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

"Why should I need all these things that kill my argument?"

What? Dude I just want a fast bms. Those can stay just give me a fast bms. Doom is the perfect speed 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

What? Dude I just want a fast bms. Those can stay just give me a fast bms. Doom is the perfect speed 

the context was btb

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

the context was btb

That was just one of  my examples where the no sprint halo is the worse in. It’s not so bad in regular 4s on maps like pit but it’s not that amazing. 

If Infinite does follow trends but the trend it picks is Doom I doubt I'll be complaining.

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

If Infinite does follow trends but the trend it picks is Doom I doubt I'll be complaining.

Halo originally is based off of doom anyway. 

• Thonking (+0) 2

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Halo Infinite has been toted as being Microsoft headline game and poster child of the next generation of consoles. After the lukewarm reception of the past few games, MS must be pretty fucken confident in what they're seeing if they're happy to use it as the headline title. 

Hopefully the MP maps aesthetic is a lot more varied. That was hugely disappointing in Halo 5, especially when Mercy released and 343 demonstrated the ability to create unique looking aesthetics for maps. 

It probably has impressive graphics, 128 map battle royale mode, hyyyyyyuuuge campaign spaces and they're gonna throw money at eSports to force a scene again. I highly doubt someone at MS saw a nosprint well balance MP game and went "damn make this the flagship game".

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Boyo said:

Besides vehicles, does BTB really offer that unique of an experience compared to 4v4?  I would say no.  You play the same gametypes with the same base traits.  I believe that Halo’s large scale battlefield experience should offer something truly unique compared to 4v4.    

I mean this is a fair criticism. BTB certainly does take some advantage of the expanded options the Halo universe offers, but there is room for more. Off the top of my head, destructive environments/dynamic map elements would play far better in a BTB setting. "Trait zones" like quick sand or ice would play far better in a BTB setting. I think there's room for more Invasion-inspired gametypes—imagine CTF, but you have Assault-like bombs available to arm and blast holes in certain areas of the map to open up new vehicle routes. If we want to talk more discrete things, like weapons and sandbox items, I've always thought a movable/rotatable man cannon—not just a grav lift from H3, but an actual man cannon—could be an interesting addition.

In general, I think BTB should be the area where 343/the developer experiments the most with what the Halo universe provides. Gameplay in BTB is less static and less defined, so there's less risk in "ruining" the experience. It allows them to test ideas and if they seem to work, then maybe they can consider bringing them into 4v4.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, superspartan004 said:

I haven't been here in over three years and we are still arguing over Sprint.

I missed this.

Because sprint is such a controversial topic. I guarantee you if sprint was removed but we had the other abilities halo wouldn’t suck so much 

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Not the biggest fan of the new Doom games personally but I do give them a lot of respect for not introducing aim down sights, still baffled Halo 5 forced this shit in tbh.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

In general, I think BTB should be the area where 343/the developer experiments the most with what the Halo universe provides. Gameplay in BTB is less static and less defined, so there's less risk in "ruining" the experience. It allows them to test ideas and if they seem to work, then maybe they can consider bringing them into 4v4.

Absolutely. The raised player count in BTB frees up so much room for extra creativity and design potential. 

Though I disagree on using BTB as a testing ground for 4v4 ideas. BTB plays at fundamentally different range, with different team coordination and flow of control. 

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Absolutely. The raised player count in BTB frees up so much room for extra creativity and design potential. 

Though I disagree on using BTB as a testing ground for 4v4 ideas. BTB plays at fundamentally different range, with different team coordination and flow of control. 

You're right. I should clarify that I don't think BTB's purpose should be a testing ground for 4v4. I only meant to suggest that 343 should take advantage of the freedom that BTB provides to explore creative ideas, and if some appear to work, they can consider them for the 4v4 setting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, Mr Grim said:

Do you realize what would happen if we took h5 movement but h3 sized maps? The fact is the movement in h3,2,1 is slow as shit in general. It feels slow, and it barely felt faster even with a fov of 120. Oh yeah Eldewrito has sprint and it’s ridiculously fast.

• Downvote (-1) 1

7 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

No.

YES. There’s a reason the word SLOW keeps being placed upon them Especially 3. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1