CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I don't find the Banished to be all that hype-worthy. They made a good impression with the introduction of Atriox as one of the few smart, calculating Brutes in the series, but the faction is a complete far cry from the curbstomp that Red Team suffered in the Prologue.

To add more insult to injury: Brutes were never done well in any Halo campaign featuring them. They were glitchy bullet sponges (in Halo 2) or baboon buffoons (in Halo 3 and up). Halo Wars 1 was probably the most accurate depiction of their namesake in gameplay (at least in Skirmish and Multiplayer); they were deadly against all types of units.

19 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

time is flying sprinting

At this point, if anyone hopes sprint wont be in throw in the damn towel lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish I could get excited about Infinite, but I think it's hopeless that there will ever be a good Halo game again. 

On the bright side, I'm having a lot of fun with Valorant.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has any multiplayer map ever had an eclipse occur mid match, temporarily changing the lighting?  

16 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Has any multiplayer map ever had an eclipse occur mid match, temporarily changing the lighting?  

Don't think so but that sounds more likely to happen than a decently balanced game if that gives you any hope.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

There is exactly one map in Halo history where the lighting changes in real time, though not to the effect of an eclipse.

It's this map.

1200px-H5G-Torque.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

There is exactly one map in Halo history where the lighting changes in real time, though not to the effect of an eclipse.

It's this map.

1200px-H5G-Torque.jpg

What fuckin map is this?

17 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

What fuckin map is this?

Torque(I think) It wasn’t a good map but I wouldn’t say it was bad either. 

So I’m hoping halo infinite’s gameplY is classic or h5 mythic(no spring but nerfed thrust and stabilize) this will be a good thing. 343 always talking how they want to modernize halo and don’t realize sprint is the biggest threat to offering this. We don’t need a complete classic halo again just something that makes the game feel good. Heck’s armor abilities on the map would be cool as well. 
I hope we also see all precision weapons in halo infinite. Slight niches such as faster rate of fire(carbine obviously) or longer range(dmr) are nice. But the main utility BR or pistol(these are the most likely) should have a faster perfect TTK(I say .9-1.2 would be the best options) . Now I don’t think any weapon should be hit scan but projectile hit reg needs to be as good as games like battlefront, battlefield, apex legends etc you get the idea. Leading shots should only be necessary at longer distances. 
game types I want in halo infinite.

strongholds:this was a pretty good competitive game type and I’ll admit I kinda sucked at it but it was really good. The comeback potential was the best part of it. It was so satisfying to stop a team at 97 points and comeback even when your team had 0-20 something points. 
Regicide: this was a fun game type and I see no good reason it needed to go. It was basically VIP from halo 3 but done much better. There’s some interesting game type ideas you could do with that. A TDM round based version where your team must get 30 kills or kill their teams king then they all have 1 life. 
Dominion: this was strongholds but done better in my opinion regarding BTB. 
God damn h4 had good game types I just realized what game these came from.

37 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Torque(I think) It wasn’t a good map but I wouldn’t say it was bad either. 

I'll say it for you: It was bad.

• Like (+1) 2

Sidearms and Equipment 

In arena gametypes, holding Y causes the player to drop his weapon.  In Invasion, when a Commander holds Y, he equips his sidearm.  

When an Elite Field Marshall holds Y, he equips his Energy Sword sidearm.  In conjunction with his Bubble Shield equipment, the Energy Sword helps prevent enemies from getting close enough to inflict damage upon the Field Marshall.

Since the Field Marshall acts as an optional spawn point for his teammates, the sword and shield allow him to (hopefully) hold off enemies long enough for some teammates to spawn in and help defend the area they’ve taken.  

When a Brute Chieftain holds Y, he equips the SAW, a remote control vehicle-hunter vehicle that can be steered left and right with the triggers.  Since the SAW deprives the Chieftain of his ability to fire a traditional weapon, the Flamethrower equipment steps in as a short range replacement.  

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

Not usually. Dynamic lighting is really expensive on the CPU, baked lighting is basically free. I imagine with these next gen consoles we'll see a lot of dynamic lighting and some cool art stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they aim for 4K 60fps they better don't try much with raytracing, I would much rather see 1440p 120fps tho, esp if they don't have subframe input.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Exidrion said:

At this point, if anyone hopes sprint wont be in throw in the damn towel lol.

Why do you say that? 

46 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Why do you say that? 

Because producing a game of substance is hard.  Tacking on fluff mechanics isn’t.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/25/2020 at 2:50 PM, SpitFlame said:

I feel like people are hating too much on thruster. It was a good addition to the standard gameplay formula, and I hope they bring it back. My only gripe with that mechanic is how weak it is in Halo 5. It should be 20–25 times stronger. I really want a thruster that just launches me across the map at full speed, kinda like an on-the-go man cannon with 10% gravity. It should really just fucking whip me away from your sight, just yeet me wherever I please.

3 hours ago, Sody91 said:

Why do you say that? 

Its been in the game for 10 years, and Halo isn't a franchise that doesn't chase trends unfortunately. Most AAA multiplayer games have sprint.

4 hours ago, Exidrion said:

Its been in the game for 10 years, and Halo isn't a franchise that doesn't chase trends unfortunately. Most AAA multiplayer games have sprint.

B-b-b-but taking the franchise back to its roots. 

19 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Guess we will find out if 343 can deliver an upset or a failure 

Their games have traditionally been both each time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I'm very curious as to what they're going to trot out. This is do or die time for 343.

It’s their first game on the new engine guys.  Give them a break.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2