CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

My theory that I’ve had for a couple weeks that I think this video supports:

Humanity has basically been forced to take refuge on a halo ring from The Created. Banished are also getting fucked up by The Created so they invade the ring to take it from the humans. So the first half of the game will be against the Banished, second half against The Created. 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

The weapon fires for two seconds, during which 0.3 seconds is all it takes to kill a spartan. That's a potential troc (not counting the aim readjustment time) if someone skilled uses the weapon. 

Don’t you think it’s a little presumptuous of you to include a weapon that cannot do any damage for at least a second and a half?  “It’s a risk/reward mechanic bro!”  Ah, so its the sprint of weaponry.  

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Heavy vehicles can definitely be accompanied by repairmen to some extent, though hiding behind one won't necessarily be optimal since they'll still attract a hell of a lot of attention and the fact that a repairman can't move around

The repairman won’t need to move around, the tank acts as a giant shield.  Attracting attention doesn’t matter when you’re standing behind a big ass shield that can move, fire, and regenerate its health.  

Havent been keeping up with HI at all so i have a couple questions...

1 Any idea when we might be getting a trailer?
2 Any idea when we might get some gameplay?
3 Have there been an rumors about the mechanics?

I mean if this game is 5-6 months away seems like we should be getting some of this stuff soon right? Not to even mention all the leaks that will be coming out.

8 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Havent been keeping up with HI at all so i have a couple questions...

1 Any idea when we might be getting a trailer?
2 Any idea when we might get some gameplay?
3 Have there been an rumors about the mechanics?

I mean if this game is 5-6 months away seems like we should be getting some of this stuff soon right? Not to even mention all the leaks that will be coming out.

1. Soon.
2. Very soon.
3. No.

• Fire (+1) 1

What is the ideal ratio of weapons to power weapons in a Halo sandbox?  

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Don’t you think it’s a little presumptuous of you to include a weapon that cannot do any damage for at least a second and a half?  “It’s a risk/reward mechanic bro!”  Ah, so its the sprint of weaponry.  

The repairman won’t need to move around, the tank acts as a giant shield.  Attracting attention doesn’t matter when you’re standing behind a big ass shield that can move, fire, and regenerate its health.  

The splaser always behaved that way. In any case, nobody walks around nonchalantly with the splaser and only begins charging it after they start getting shot at. People with the splaser almost always pre-charge it so that they can fire more quickly. My changes don't erase the "expose your head from cover for a split second to fire the laser" style of play from H3 onwards, it just mitigates the cheap hard-vehicle walling and makes the weapon a little less one dimensional with regards to how you'd tackle non-vehicular targets. 

The tank would have to go out of it's way to protect the repairman past a certain point, and the repairman wouldn't be able to repair the tank unless it was completely still for a little bit. This is in the context of having segmented maps that channel vehicle flow and a significantly more lethal sandbox, so I may be having some preconceptions. 

Though, a much easier way to circumvent this could be to require the repairman to be within direct proximity and facing the damaged vehicular component. From crouching behind the tank (while it's completely still), you could maybe repair damaged treads, but not a damaged main cannon or melted coaxial machine gun. 

People in halo for some reason want vehicles that do massive damage and can TANK just about anything. Have these people ever heard of balance 

21 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I’m really hoping the slip space engine is all the hype. I’m expecting something with near perfect optimization. Remember this game needs to launch with more content than the last update on halo 5, so there’s a standard to be made here(lol let’s hope 5 years paid off). The game also needs to be optimized for Xbox one, s(these two are the same components with a slight difference I’ve heard) and Xbox one x alongside with the series x and pc. Hopefully this games forge isn’t riddled with frame rate drops. I want something that doesn’t feel like halo and yet does. On a new engine that can make a game feel completely different for better or worse, and in halo infinite’s Case I’m expecting better. Over the years I can’t think of a worse game engine than blam. I’m no expert but every other game out there plays significantly better performance wise and they don’t ever have connection or hit detection problems like halo has so I’m gonna just assume it’s an engine problem which has lasted over the years. Frost bite 3> blam 

ue4> blam

whatever cods engine is called > blam. 
Question? Why is it that mmo games like wow can have thousands online in one server with no lag yet an fps game can’t handle that? Are mmo servers just that good or what? There can be 100 or more in storm wind and I won’t suffer any connection lag and because my pc is good no FPS lag

Cod's engine has usually had better performance because it's using Radiant (shit editor from Quake era) on an engine that's derivative of id tech 2.  It's very, very old.  We couldn't even make a platform rotate in a map without there being some serious issues, I think we ended up just spinning the entire skybox to give the illusion that the map was rotating instead of just rotating something within the map.  Also because Call of Duty uses radiant, about half the things on your screen are quite literally just 6 sided squares with nice materials

2018-10-22-image-2.jpg

Morocco-Map-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

If you look at it carefully you can see what I mean.  It's just rectangles and squares and they use some higher poly trim pieces like a broken rubble or ornate trim to cap the corners. This is how they managed to get Cod 4 at 60 fps even back in 2007.  But the engine itself is in no way better than what Halo is using, even though Halo's engine is dated by modern engines like Unreal, it's still ahead of what cod is using.

As for the connection bit, there's a lot more being repliated in an FPS over the network than there is in most MMO's to be fair.  Small movement of your cursor and character rotation are all things that are being updated on the server hundreds of times per sec that I'm sure most MMO's won't do because they don't need to.  In a shooter, you do and there's a lot of info to be gained from small things.  That being said, the most likely explanation here is that 343 and Bungie haven't done stellar jobs at their networking rather than blaming it on the engine.  All the Microsoft money in the world won't make your networking engineers smarter, anyone who's played Destiny for 5 minutes on pvp knows how awful that game runs online.  Microsoft's azure servers are supposedly pretty good but, that's also by their own mouth so who really knows.  If I were 343 I'd be trying to poach someone from a studio who has historically had really good networking, Blizzard or Respawn come to mind.

• Like (+1) 3

Can someone tell me why I should be excited that the Banished are the enemy of Infinite?

Because that's hitting real underwhelming right now.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Can someone tell me why I should be excited that the Banished are the enemy of Infinite?

I'm excited just because I like that it's not just Forerunner shit, but I think people are also happy because it's not seemingly as much fuckery story wise as with the Prometheans. Still, I doubt this is gonna change much. Prometheans will still be here, humans will, the Created fuckers will, the Banished... and the Flood possibly? This will be a mess, lol. 

Because the leader of the Banished managed to survive longer than one game, making him the biggest threat 343 have come up with so far.

Also, the Banished's aesthetic is just cool. A fuck load more interesting than floaty forerunner shit and whatever 343's covenant art style was. Halo Wars 2 Halo 2 Halo 5: Guardians Halo 4 PNG, Clipart, Banished ...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

the Banished's aesthetic is just cool

Seems Brute-y to me.  

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They're not prometheans.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

Seems Brute-y to me.  

It was founded and is led by a Brute, after all.

• Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Because the leader of the Banished managed to survive longer than one game, making him the biggest threat 343 have come up with so far.

Also, the Banished's aesthetic is just cool. A fuck load more interesting than floaty forerunner shit and whatever 343's covenant art style was. Halo Wars 2 Halo 2 Halo 5: Guardians Halo 4 PNG, Clipart, Banished ...

I love the Mad Max Covenant Aesthetic. Give me more of it. Bungie always said the Brutes were inspired by bikers so the whole chop-shop warpaint on the typically clean and "holy" aesthetic of the Covenant is awesome. Especially if we can have some Covenant vs Banished vs UNSC three-way battles. Hell yeah.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They seem like they would have been a logical next enemy for Halo 4, instead of whatever the hell the Promethean's were. Maybe if we're lucky they just pretend like Halo 4 and 5 never happened, and were just a dream while Chief sat in the pod drifting through space or something and we finally get the game we deserve.

But we're not lucky.

Anything is better to fight than the Promethean. Fuck those guys are just not fun to play against.

• Upvote (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

But the engine itself is in no way better than what Halo is using, even though Halo's engine is dated by modern engines like Unreal, it's still ahead of what cod is using.

Hmm interesting. But didn’t call of duty change it’s engine with the current MW? 

Yeah I'd most like to just fight the OG covenant soldiers like elites, grunts, jackals, hunters and their vehicles/turrets. Brutes are alright and better than whatever bullshit the prometheans are

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Hmm interesting. But didn’t call of duty change it’s engine with the current MW? 

They said they did, but they didn't. If a dev says they rebuilt their engine or made a new one 99.9999% chance they're lying. You basically can't just build a new engine now, it's too much work. It's most definitely still the same one but with some of the lighting tech rewritten to get better reflections and supports higher poly counts and maybe some nice tools for the developers to use. But it is most definitely not a new engine. If you go on the Activision web page and look at their job listings for infinity ward you'll notice under the LD descriptions it still mentions Radiant.