CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Needler Rifle 

RT burst fires 4 projectiles with vertical recoil, killing in 16 shots via supercombine (1.2 seconds).  LT automatically fires low speed homing projectiles, also killing in 16 shots with a supercombine (1.4 seconds).  

X toggles to rifle mode, extending the stock, barrel, and flipping up a scope.  In rifle mode, LT activates a 2x scope and RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 5 shots with a headshot (1.3 seconds).  After a brief period of not firing, the weapon automatically reloads itself, pushing new needles out.  

Spiker 

RT automatically fires projectiles that can ricochet off angled surfaces, killing in 7 shots (0.8 seconds).  LT fires a short range grappling hook that quickly pulls the user to its point of impact.  X reloads the 30 round magazine.  

Spikes physically stick out of walls they impact dead on, temporarily allowing players to jump on and off of them. 

Very interesting considering the rumors/discussions around streamers like Ninja and Shroud come Halo Infinite. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Proto said:

Very interesting considering the rumors/discussions around streamers like Ninja and Shroud come Halo Infinite. 

Just heard about this, could potentially be very good for Halo, I imagine Ninja and Shroud will at least try the new Halo and they get infinitely (heh) more views on Twitch than they would on Mixer.

I don't see it as a negative either. A positive if anything. Anyone who follow both of their transitions to Mixer saw the decrease both had in viewers over their time on the platform. They both have said its not about the viewers but we all know within their subconscious they were fully aware of their decline on the platform. 

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, its the biggest W in steaming history for Ninja and Shroud. They both got mega fuckload money for moving to Mixer on a 3+ year contract, but now they get all the money and get to go back to twitch after not even a year, and you fucking know their first streams back on twitch are going to draw mad viewership, sub numbers and donations. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Proto said:

I don't see it as a negative either. A positive if anything. Anyone who follow both of their transitions to Mixer saw the decrease both had in viewers over their time on the platform. They both have said its not about the viewers but we all know within their subconscious they were fully aware of their decline on the platform.  

That 30/10 mil contract though.

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.

Movement Enhancing Weapons 

Spikes can stick out of walls, allowing the user to turn his projectiles into temporary jump-ups for himself or his teammates.  The Spiker’s Clawline (grappling gun) alt fire has a limited range but travels fast and upon impact, pulls the user fast.  

The Boltshot’s Quantum Tunneling Bolt alt fire teleports the user to the projectile’s point of impact.  Due to the arcing trajectory and relatively slow projectile speed, there is still a delay between firing and traveling.  

The Sentinel Beam’s Tele-Link ability instantly teleports the user to the map’s designated Exit Node, if one is available and unblocked.  Although instantly activatable, the user cannot choose his predetermined destination and the exit node can be blocked, disabling the ability entirely.  

The Mauler alt fires Bruteshot rounds, giving the airborne user an upward boost if timed correctly.  

The Tractor Beam’s alt fire can pick up, move, and drop certain objects, creating new jump ups.  

One of the Gravity Bow’s alt fires is the Gravity Vortex.  A fast moving player or vehicle that just clips the edge of a vortex can use it as a gravitational slingshot, angling and accelerating the craft before releasing it along its new trajectory (difficult to control accurately).  

The Sand Blaster can transform the user into a subterranean sand vehicle that is nearly invisible to players at ground level.  

The Energy Sword’s alt fire activates a 20% Speedboost but drains the weapon’s battery while doing so.  

Halo infinite. What utility are you hoping for and what utility are you expecting? 
I’m personally hoping for the pistol from h5 as the main utility.

Ok fine I'll say it. BR with little to no spread, a decent kill time, and have it be projectile (hitscan is acceptable if it isn't balls-easy to use). I love the CE Pistol, I really do, but there's just something so charming about H2/3 BR Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't care whether it's a BR, a Pistol, or some other semi-automatic rifle: all I want is a utility weapon that doesn't sound like a carnival BB gun.

36 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Ok fine I'll say it. BR with little to no spread, a decent kill time, and have it be projectile (hitscan is acceptable if it isn't balls-easy to use). I love the CE Pistol, I really do, but there's just something so charming about H2/3 BR Halo.

Is a single shot BR blasphemy? Basically I want the simplicity and predictability of a no spread, single shot, projectile utility weapon that still has that iconic, powerful look.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3sk single shot BR, same range as the CE pistol, absosultely no RNG determining where your bullets land. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

I actually tend to agree, especially now with Halo coming to PC, a projectile BR seems to be the way to go if balance between the platforms is what you're looking for. The aiming style required on M&KB when using the BR requires tracking which is right in line with how Halo has always been on a controller, unfortunately single fire weapons on M&KB tend to require more of a flicking style of aim like you see in CS and that feels absolutely terrible when combined with Halo's floaty gameplay, it's one of the reason Reach feels abysmal and the reason H3 feels the best out of the lot on M&KB (minus any netcode issues).

Not to mention I just don't think a pistol being the main weapon would fly in this day and age and the DMR makes me want to throw up in my mouth. I definitely think there's still a place for the Magnum in the sandbox, perhaps as the secondary in the Hardcore settings as opposed to the AR, but I'd like to see it more in line with how Hand Cannons function in Destiny or the Wingman in Apex, high-risk-high-reward and very punishing if you miss your shots, not to imply that the CE Magnum isn't like this to some degree but it still outperforms every other utility weapon in the franchise by a large margin even when missing shots, and that's not even taking into account shots missed by people wielding the other utilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

What do you mean little to no spread? Dude no spread what so ever I what we need. It’s also hard to make a hit scan gun difficult to use especially with the Battle rifles reticule.  These games will never lower the aim assist to such a degree either where you must use your right stick 90% of the time to aim than the usual 50%. 
projectile is also better since we don’t need to spawn Witt a gun with the range of a pistol. My one dislike about the h5 magnum is the lack of range but because of how accurate it is, it’s acceptable. Projectile just overall balances things. Let take Valhalla for example. It’s a pretty open map. With projectile you can move from that lift to turret and not die unless they lead properly. Star Wars battlefront 2 is all projectile aiming and it’s hit reg is great and I survive encounters I know I wouldn’t if the shots were hitscan. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’m really hoping the slip space engine is all the hype. I’m expecting something with near perfect optimization. Remember this game needs to launch with more content than the last update on halo 5, so there’s a standard to be made here(lol let’s hope 5 years paid off). The game also needs to be optimized for Xbox one, s(these two are the same components with a slight difference I’ve heard) and Xbox one x alongside with the series x and pc. Hopefully this games forge isn’t riddled with frame rate drops. I want something that doesn’t feel like halo and yet does. On a new engine that can make a game feel completely different for better or worse, and in halo infinite’s Case I’m expecting better. Over the years I can’t think of a worse game engine than blam. I’m no expert but every other game out there plays significantly better performance wise and they don’t ever have connection or hit detection problems like halo has so I’m gonna just assume it’s an engine problem which has lasted over the years. Frost bite 3> blam 

ue4> blam

whatever cods engine is called > blam. 
Question? Why is it that mmo games like wow can have thousands online in one server with no lag yet an fps game can’t handle that? Are mmo servers just that good or what? There can be 100 or more in storm wind and I won’t suffer any connection lag and because my pc is good no FPS lag

There's several ways you can refine vehicles before you even touch the weapons sandbox. 

• More emphasis on vehicle weight and (significantly) lighter vehicles so that tertiary explosions have a larger impact on the stability of the vehicle. 

• In general, higher maximum velocity but lower vehicle traction and acceleration curves. This is to not make the vehicles agile enough that even bad driver decisions can be reversed in a matter of seconds with no lasting impact. 

• No ridiculously jerky camera movement for the passengers in vehicles. 

• A harder to achieve but higher lethality on the base weapons for each vehicle. Ideal way to achieve this would be nonexistent magnetism and projectiles, though with tracers. 

• More distinct functions and strengths. Human vehicles can be more maneuverable, faster, and have longer range offensive capability but also be more frail. Covenant vehicles can be extremely easy to control on all planes, with boosting functions being replaced with a short gravlift effect under the vehicle, like a vertical thrust. They can also be more resilient and have faster-killing slower projectile weaponry, at the cost of having more weak spots and being generally slower. Forerunner vehicles can control perfectly, be highly lethal, and be highly effective against other vehicles, at the cost of being less effective than other factions against infantry and having beam weapons that require more precision and heat control. 

• More terrain diversity and unique properties on maps. Steep slopes, twisting pathways, rolling hills, sharp turns overlooking steep drops, leap of faith jumps like on Halo CE's warthog run, etc. In addition, snow / grass / sand / rock / asphalt / biomass / metal / water can all have different properties and multipliers regarding the traction, acceleration, and velocity of vehicles on them. 

• All vehicles have "significant points"; points where getting shot too much will cause them to start changing significantly in function. For example, taking too much windshield fire on a warthog will eventually lead to the front passengers taking a higher percentage of damage from gunfire to the vehicle, tires getting shot will affect the vehicle's turning, the vehicle chassis getting shot at too much will lead to occupants taking fall damage for otherwise normal jumps, scorpion main cannons getting fired at too much will cause the projectile to drop a lot more, etc. 

• Allow vehicles to be repaired by allies carrying certain equipment. 

That's off the top of my head, without changing a single weapon's value. 

7 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Allow vehicles to be repaired by allies carrying certain equipment. 

How would this work?  

The Spartan Laser's main issue is that it's a cheap and uninspired anti-vehicle hard counter. 

This can be remedied easily by:

• Making it harder to use. 

• Giving it higher battery consumption. 

• Making it effective against infantry as well. 

• Designing maps in such a way that a spartan with the laser needs to be positioned in a certain way to be able to gain any sightlines on vehicles. 

Personally, the laser takes 1.5 seconds to fully charge, and it projects a clearly visible and intensifying red light ray onto it's target during said period. On firing, it consumes 33% of it's ammo. When it fires, it will continuously fire a powerful but narrow hitscan beam for a 2 second long period. The beam will kill any spartan in it's path for over 300 milliseconds, and it destroys small/medium/heavy vehicles in 300, 1000, and 2000 milliseconds respectively. Covenant vehicles in the line of fire for over 500 milliseconds will instantly and violently explode. The splaser's alt fire charges for 4 seconds, and expends the entire weapon's ammo capacity in the span of 1 second, in a much more destructive beam. This beam will one-shot any vehicle that it falls upon, aside from ultra-heavy vehicles like Scarabs and Mammoths. 

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

How would this work?  

Player A picks up the equipment on the map. Said equipment gives Player A an ally-visible green HUD beacon in addition to being visible on Player A's model. Player A comes across a vehicle in sub-optimal condition (the vehicle has lost a portion of it's non-regenerating health or has been damaged at a critical point). Said vehicle can or cannot be occupied, but it must not be moving. Player A will receive a button prompt, and holds the button in question for a 3 to 7.5 second period, during which he cannot fire or do anything else outside of move within a narrow area. 

5 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Making [the Spartan Laser] effective against infantry as well. 

How can a weapon that can’t shoot until a second and a half later be effective in any way during an infantry battle?  

Regarding the repair tool, how do you think it will affect the meta surrounding heavy vehicles?  They’re already slow enough for infantry to keep up with so a repair man could just hide behind the tank, boosting its health when necessary?  

6 hours ago, _Synapse said:

In addition, snow / grass / sand / rock / asphalt / biomass / metal / water can all have different properties and multipliers regarding the traction, acceleration, and velocity of vehicles on them.  

I like the idea but you no need to make it this convoluted. Just stick with basic terrain, asphalt, ice (as a hazard), and maybe mud or quicksand as another hazard.

12 hours ago, Boyo said:

How can a weapon that can’t shoot until a second and a half later be effective in any way during an infantry battle?  

Regarding the repair tool, how do you think it will affect the meta surrounding heavy vehicles?  They’re already slow enough for infantry to keep up with so a repair man could just hide behind the tank, boosting its health when necessary?  

The weapon fires for two seconds, during which 0.3 seconds is all it takes to kill a spartan. That's a potential troc (not counting the aim readjustment time) if someone skilled uses the weapon. 

Heavy vehicles can definitely be accompanied by repairmen to some extent, though hiding behind one won't necessarily be optimal since they'll still attract a hell of a lot of attention and the fact that a repairman can't move around as freely due to a lack of durability compared to the heavy vehicle in question. It's like camping with a shotgun: it's pretty effective in theory, but you rarely see it happen. 

Though, how useful the repair equipment will be is ultimately decided by how severely being damaged affects vehicles.