CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Oh, fuck off. We got Gold Pro Mod Arena, and nobody jumped on it. Same thing will happen again.

None of you are willing to put the time to actually download and play it, prove me wrong.

Niche mod on PC in a console oriented forum.

I mean come on my dude, you damn well know we supported it. But I personally do not own a PC that can run games, and I'm not going to pay for one for that sake alone.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Niche mod on PC in a console oriented forum.

I mean come on my dude, you damn well know we supported it. But I personally do not own a PC that can run games, and I'm not going to pay for one for that sake alone.

Same. I absolutely loved GPMA, but I don't have a PC that can run Matlab let alone MCC. 

The thing that kills GPMA moreso is the fact that there's no matchmaking for it or easy publicity we can give the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Maybe cause it was reach and it was difficult to D/L. Having to download that external program update it, Blah blah. Most games have an ADDON folder and done. 

33 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Same. I absolutely loved GPMA, but I don't have a PC that can run Matlab let alone MCC. 

The thing that kills GPMA moreso is the fact that there's no matchmaking for it or easy publicity we can give the game. 

I totally understand these points, Halo has always been a console game and modding in MCC PC is a complete nightmare so I understand how frustrating it it, personally I hate it just as much as the next guy.

xSociety specifically mentioned gameplay issues though so that's what sparked my interest.

Does halo 3 even have that high bullet mag? Pretty sure spread would be as big a problem if it did. Then again from what I'm seeing, nobody is actually able to kill anyone because said bullets don't even register. 

Didn't reach have worse hitreg when it was in testing as well? I barely remember.

23 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I mean PCs competing with consoles in terms of raw power isn't really a thing ATM since I think the XSX and PS5 have hit a fantastic price to performance ratio, but that's not the main reason you get a PC anyways. If you want a cheaper PC, you can build one but that'll be more suited to [email protected] than [email protected] 

More freedom and control over the hardware and software you use, access to more software, and basically a lot more utility than what you can do with a console. That's what you get a PC for. 

Imagine getting a PC and not going higher than 60 FPS scrub /s

I get the benefits of PC, I was just explaining some console benefits and also genuinely asking what it would cost to either build or upgrade a PC since it was claimed to be cheaper. But claiming I'm salty is cool too lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Oh, fuck off. We got Gold Pro Mod Arena, and nobody jumped on it. Same thing will happen again.

None of you are willing to put the time to actually download and play it, prove me wrong.

Ehh I mean personally I'm just not really a fan of Reach aesthetically (I also dislike the gameplay but that's irrelevant in this example) and I also know/knew there isn't really a large following for that mod and there isn't a super easy way to play it because of that. So when it really came down to it with that game in particular I'm far more likely to just play another game than to try a fixed version of Reach with a higher barrier to entry. I'm sure that's what is really wrong for the most part with that mod and it'll have to be addressed if any mod for any Halo game really wishes to take off. This is where things like a custom browser really would be helpful

Basically for any future mod or community driven settings the most important questions to solve are

1. How do we make it easy to download?
2. How do we make it easy to play with other players?
3. How do we advertise and generate interest on a larger scale?

Mostly because if those aren't all solved it doesn't really matter how good the settings are if its difficult to find a lobby or if people don't even know it exists. A lot of this is really on 343 which is unfortunate because I'm not sure all of that is possible as an outside entity without receiving a cease and desist letter. So they're well and truly needed to support a pro mod at the end of the day. I'm not sure how we would even go about asking for support or what they could even do. I'd imagine it would start with a slow roll into some very nice and much needed changes without changing absolutely everything right off the bat.

For example rather than changing everything maybe an H3 pro mod could make the BR more consistent in terms of spread or perhaps adjust the AR to be something healthy to place on the map as a pick up. Ever shot a carbine in H3? It could use some help lol. Nothing huge and ground breaking that would flip the whole game upside down but just a few small tweaks that would improve the game in a hardcore setting would be something I could see them being okay with. Kind of like the CE pistol changes in the 2s playlist. It would be more like remastering the experience rather than trying to change things fundamentally to make a game very different but better in some people's opinion. It would be much easier to approach the already present base that enjoys Halo 3 than it would be to redesign the entire sandbox and hope people pick up and enjoy a new game in a similar paint job 

• Like (+1) 1

Weapon Dropping 

Y switches weapons.  Continuing to hold Y after weapons have switched causes the player to drop his newly equipped weapon.  In Invasion, Commanders cannot drop their weapons.  Instead, holding Y equips their sidearm, holstering the primary and secondary weapons.  

Sidearms 

Spartan Commander - Magnum 

Elite Field Marshall - Energy Sword 

Brute Chieftain - SAW (remote control vehicle-hunter vehicle) 

Promethean Alpha - Scepter (essentially a 3sk magnum that shoots orange projectiles plus a reach grenade launcher alt fire) 

I've finally come to the sad realization that most Halo players care about campaign. The amount of people that put Halo 4 and 5 in the same basket because of H5's campaign being shit is ludicrous. 

Oh well. Here's to hoping that Infinite's campaign doesn't immediately kill all interest in the game. 

While we're at it, I do think that Infinite's singleplayer will be fantastic, though I'm fairly less enthusiastic about the multiplayer. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I've finally come to the sad realization that most Halo players care about campaign. The amount of people that put Halo 4 and 5 in the same basket because of H5's campaign being shit is ludicrous. 

Oh well. Here's to hoping that Infinite's campaign doesn't immediately kill all interest in the game. 

While we're at it, I do think that Infinite's singleplayer will be fantastic, though I'm fairly less enthusiastic about the multiplayer. 

I think that’s bullshit 

• Downvote (-1) 1

41 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

this right here is how h3 should be playing RN!!!

everyone in that vid is against those BR changes btw

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

everyone in that vid is against those BR changes btw

Really but why? It’s literally a more consistent experience. Not like they’re cross mapping with little effort 

Because Halo 3 kids don't like it when team shot isn't so oppressive it stamps out individual skill. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Because Halo 3 kids don't like it when team shot isn't so oppressive it stamps out individual skill. 

Best thing about halo online was that h3 with consistency. It’s better than any halo experience in my book. Unfortunately MS had to be bitches

Consistent Halo 3 still has all the other problems of Halo 3. Slow as fuck kill times, actually awful spawns, sluggish strafe, floaty jump, weak rockets, it's essentially still BR/Snipe/Rockets and maybe the mauler. 

Halo 3 is the simplest in terms of Halo games, and has a much smaller gap between players trying to be pro and actual pro players. Frankly if a game that runs 3 maps designed as two base-two tower is the best Halo experience that's pretty sad. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

6 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Consistent Halo 3 still has all the other problems of Halo 3. Slow as fuck kill times, actually awful spawns, sluggish strafe, floaty jump, weak rockets, it's essentially still BR/Snipe/Rockets and maybe the mauler. 

Halo 3 is the simplest in terms of Halo games, and has a much smaller gap between players trying to be pro and actual pro players. Frankly if a game that runs 3 maps designed as two base-two tower is the best Halo experience that's pretty sad. 

H2 skill gap is derived from button exploits or any other bullshit glitches. H1, ok that skil gap is big because of the utility and other tools but outside of doubles it’s straight garbage. All in all the game that’s got a big skill gap in halo is actually h5, as the difference between a pro and average good player is uniquely high. I also don’t believe we should have a utility that’s quick(or at least as quick as ce) because of the spawn kill potential. The longer ttk gives more room to be able to get away from a guy spamming his bullets at you. If h3 had the h1 pistol then spawn killing on narrows be the easiest thing ever but the truth is, it’s not cut and dry like that. Super with the sniper you can do that but H3 people actually misss with the sniper when scoped In. A perfect TTK weapon should be 1 second! 

• WutFace (+0) 3

31 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

The longer ttk gives more room to be able to get away from a guy spamming his bullets at you.

This is one of the many reasons long TTKs suck - mistakes go unpunished too often. 

I would argue that the only way halo can compete with games like CoD is if we speed up the minimum TTK. 

Could you imagine the backlash from the CoD community if all the rifles were 5sk like modern halo? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

This is one of the many reasons long TTKs suck - mistakes go unpunished too often. 

I would argue that the only way halo can compete with games like CoD is if we speed up the minimum TTK. 

Could you imagine the backlash from the CoD community if all the rifles were 5sk like modern halo? 

I mean it’s hardly fair that you should be allowed to kill me off spawn, as easy as 1,2,3. The problem with ce is you can kill a guy fast enough before they can react to it. I’d say halo 3s perfect ttk of 1.36 seconds isn’t long as shit. The problem is the sprea and the hit reg issues in general. Call of duty unlike halo doesn’t have a super long respawn time like 5 seconds+ as well. 

• WutFace (+0) 2

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

I mean it’s hardly fair that you should be allowed to kill me off spawn, as easy as 1,2,3. The problem with ce is you can kill a guy fast enough before they can react to it. I’d say halo 3s perfect ttk of 1.36 seconds isn’t long as shit. The problem is the sprea and the hit reg issues in general. Call of duty unlike halo doesn’t have a super long respawn time like 5 seconds+ as well. 

Yeah, you're gonna have to be specific on the CoD details here man cause they run 5+ second respawns in competitive there...