CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, timeforkoalas said:

You can open the scoreboard and then release crouch to avoid having to time it.

Yeah, that’s dumb.  

1. I've rarely felt cheated by input on even 30 FPS in a slower paced shooter like Halo. 60 FPS? Never. Maybe triple digit frames will give you an edge in twitch shooters like CoD, but if you're going to die or miss a shot in 60 FPS in Halo, you're going to die and miss the shot in 200 FPS.
Maybe I just haven't played enough on a stupid high FPS. The few times I did on my bud's big dick PC it just wasn't noticeable.

2. That scoreboard glitch is dumb but I like that someone's linked ShyWay. I've been back here a few months now and haven't seen anyone talk about this video of his that dismantles the idea of enhanced mobility being a lie.

• WutFace (+0) 1

@Faeyrin If maps are scaled to sprint speed, and there is no delay between sprinting and firing, and there is no hip fire accuracy penalty, then what purpose is sprint serving besides adding an unnecessary button press to the classic movement model?  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

2. That scoreboard glitch is dumb but I like that someone's linked ShyWay. I've been back here a few months now and haven't seen anyone talk about this video of his that dismantles the idea of enhanced mobility being a lie.

I'm not really seeing how he dismantled anything. In order to maintain some decent momentum in H5, you are completely restricted to forward movement as he showed in the video. I don't think I need to explain why that isn't optimal for Halo's combat... unless you want to be moving towards who you're shooting at all times.

The clamber argument is also not convincing. "It's totally possible to avoid clamber for most jumps, you just have perform this a bit more cumbersome jump". And even then, clamber is not 100% avoidable for even the best players. This video does not dismantle the idea that H5's movement is more restrictive. But I appreciate ShyWay's attitude.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

Before I even watch this, which I'll humor for good laugh when he eventually states something that reaches hard, I know for a fact he's not gonna dismantle jack shit. My stance on mobility garbage isn't built off of lacking intimate knowledge that every pro mobility player thinks they have.

Edit: Well I watched it. Not surprised in the slightest he had nothing new to present, and he almost immediately downplays or omits details.

1. Being able to instantly shoot your magnum from sprint is still NOT moving at full speed while shooting. Not to mention all maneuvers you try to pull that involves sprint are not applicable when someone is shooting you, limiting those options to being openers only, and only effective against players who aren't looking at you directly. Maps are still stretched (read as limits the designers) to accommodate it's existence.

2. Clamber also screws over map design, its combat applications are incredibly niche and still lock you into an animation. This is primarily because it's a base trait. Put it into the map designers hands, then you'll have something niche and inoffensive. Until then, it's just as obnoxious and problem filled as sprint is. Pointing out jumps that don't require clamber doesn't matter as long as there are jumps that DO require it. 

3. Pointing out skilljump potentials using mobility mechanics also doesn't matter, because we could also pull skilljumps in previous Halo's without all the associated problems and with far less button requirements and far more combat versatility.

"More than meets the eye." Yeah, uhh, no.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

I had a very simple reaction to this when he posted it to twitter, "Cool, now do it backwards."

I never revieved a reply...

• Fire (+1) 5

2 hours ago, The Tyco said:

2. Clamber also screws over map design, its combat applications are incredibly niche and still lock you into an animation. This is primarily because it's a base trait. Put it into the map designers hands, then you'll have something niche and inoffensive. Until then, it's just as obnoxious and problem filled as sprint is. Pointing out jumps that don't require clamber doesn't matter as long as there are jumps that DO require it. 

I also love how H5 defenders think abusing the clunky hitboxes and headglitching by peek-shooting with clamber is somehow clever or good game design.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Dude you can like PC but why do you sound like you're bragging about it. Nobody is a scrub for buying a console over a PC. 

I have nowhere to place a PC rn. Am I supposed to turn the corner of my bedroom into a PC rig? Yeah my wife will totally go for that. I guess I'll either remodel the basement or get a new house, or git gud. 

Buying a console is one purchase. I don't need to know or understand what any of the specs mean. Like this (taken from Google): Specs: Custom AMD Zen 2 CPU, 1TB NVMe SSD, 16GB GDDR6 memory, 12 teraflop RDNA 2 GPU 

Idk wtf any of that means. It's essentially Chinese to me other than the 1 TB SSD (and I still don't know what NVMe is). Everything else is literally "oh xbox has a bigger number than PS so it must be better". It's one purchase to last me 7ish years. 

Good for you and the others who play on PC, that's awesome for you and if it is cheaper than buying a console even better. 

Can you tell me what it would cost to build a PC equal to the Xbox One X or the XSX? I'm not really looking for a detailed answer for every single item you'd need - just what would it cost to build an equal machine. And that's not questioning if you can build it cheaper, it's a genuine question out of curiosity. 

lol

I mean PCs competing with consoles in terms of raw power isn't really a thing ATM since I think the XSX and PS5 have hit a fantastic price to performance ratio, but that's not the main reason you get a PC anyways. If you want a cheaper PC, you can build one but that'll be more suited to [email protected] than [email protected] 

More freedom and control over the hardware and software you use, access to more software, and basically a lot more utility than what you can do with a console. That's what you get a PC for. 

As far as just playing video games goes, It's down to what you find cheaper. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Goodness h3 hit reg is garbage . Keep losing battles because of the hit reg and it’s bad enough my average game is East or central both unplayable pings! One is 100(eAst) and central is 60-70! Gosh at this point I just can’t wait for infinite. H3 is fun but it’s terrible online. Too many shots don’t register and that’s a frustrating experience if your playing the game at a comp level! God damnit wtf! Eldewrito is better than this shit! 

8 hours ago, Basu said:

I also love how H5 defenders think abusing the clunky hitboxes and headglitching by peek-shooting with clamber is somehow clever or good game design.

"Glitching a clamber spot? All good."

"Sliding into a gunfight? Broken."

Not invoking any names here...

• Toxic (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Basu said:

You’d better not be one of those people in h2c that does wall glitching 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

I was actually about to make the same point. I agree with Basu, but H5 isn't exactly alone in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I didn't play H2 in its prime and thus never went back to learn all the nerdy shit in that game. Good point though. 

Goodness I was up against sep seven and this guy called minds and they kept doing that to me. Like I got into an argument with elamnite and he says some stupid shit like “it’s part of the game you shouldn’t challenge that) and I’m thinking to myself TF? So a guy can hug a wall preventing me from hitting him but he’s allowed to shoot me perfectly? TF bs is that! It’s stuff like that why I don’t like the button combos of h2. They’re exploits and in the average game that shit gets patched. The only reason such glitches didn’t get patched in the past was because you’d probably have to make a new game to do so. It’s also one of the reasons competitive halo doesn’t get the respect or acknowledgement. Halo is one of those games where bullshit happening is beyond frustrating. In cod, CS, etc usually if you lose a battle or something it’s 99% your fault. In halo there’s always something that ruins the game. Whether it’s a shot that doesn’t register or a melee, or the character model gets stuck, it’s always something! I’ve played my fair share of games and I’ve never felt like the game cheated me the way halo does. It’s ridiculous how 343 developers refuse to grow a pair and improve what these games fucked up on. 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

I didn't play H2 in its prime and thus never went back to learn all the nerdy shit in that game. Good point though. 

Yeah that's more of an oversight though, definitely not the intended results of Halo 2s mechanics. Halo 5: Clamberbackupians, is very much built with that mechanic to have that exact effect. Drop clamber shoot drop clamber shoot drop clamber shoot. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Halo 5: Clamberbackupians, is very much built with that mechanic to have that exact effect. Drop clamber shoot drop clamber shoot drop clamber shoot. 

I just can’t imagine the required pomposity to include such bombastic game mechanics.  Like, you must have a pretty fucking high opinion of yourself to think players want to hand you their keys and watch your stupid clamber animation tens of thousands of times over the course of the game’s lifetime.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 shot kill:  Magnum (1.0 seconds) vs Battle Rifle (1.4 seconds) 

Compared to the Battle Rifle, the Magnum kills faster and its armor piercing rounds penetrate vehicles, dealing reduced damage to impacted occupants.  In 4v4 Arena, players spawn with a quick killing Magnum but there are no vehicles to destroy.  In 6v6 Squad, players spawn with a BR, giving the map’s limited fleet some inherent protection.  In 9v9 Invasion, the three Spartan officers spawn with a Magnum while the six lower ranking Spartans spawn with a Battle Rifle, allowing the team to place some, but not overwhelming, pressure on the enemy vehicles.  

Two weapons across three core game modes, filling the role of utility weapon, together. 

Welp h3 is fucked, lol. There’s 2 controversial topics on waypoint and reddit. 

1. Hit reg

and 2, you GUESSED IT, AIM ASSIST!  Ahaha haha haha 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

I just can’t imagine the required pomposity to include such bombastic game mechanics.  Like, you must have a pretty fucking high opinion of yourself to think players want to hand you their keys and watch your stupid clamber animation tens of thousands of times over the course of the game’s lifetime.  

The sheer arrogance over at 343 always astounded me. If they made a few proper Halo games and then somewhere down the line decided to experiment with the formula that would've been entirely fair. Hell, make a low effort H2/3 clone like H2A, nobody expected anything more than that and the money-hungry execs would've loved a good nostalgia pandering. But no, they decided to instantly throw out everything that made Halo great and left no stone unturned when trying to put ThEiR SPiN on things. And we're still recovering from that and likely never will.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

If someone were to just go mod H3 to lower bullet mag, remove spread, and make the projectiles move faster, we would have a good game on our hands.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, xSociety said:

If someone were to just go mod H3 to lower bullet mag, remove spread, and make the projectiles move faster, we would have a good game on our hands.

Oh, fuck off. We got Gold Pro Mod Arena, and nobody jumped on it. Same thing will happen again.

None of you are willing to put the time to actually download and play it, prove me wrong.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

7 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Oh, fuck off. We got Gold Pro Mod Arena, and nobody jumped on it. Same thing will happen again.

None of you are willing to put the time to actually download and play it, prove me wrong.

Lol, jesus kid, calm down.

Edit: I never said I would play it a lot, or anything like that. I said that's what it would take for H3 to be good. I didn't care for Gold Pro because it wasn't a great improvement anyway. Mods are way different than some bad built-in settings.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Lol, jesus kid, calm down.

Edit: I never said I would play it a lot, or anything like that. I said that's what it would take for H3 to be good. I didn't care for Gold Pro because it wasn't a great improvement anyway. Mods are way different than some bad built-in settings. 

I'm curious what you think wasn't good about GP and how it "wasn't a great improvement anyways?"

36 minutes ago, Basu said:

I'm curious what you think wasn't good about GP and how it "wasn't a great improvement anyways?"

Maybe cause it was reach and it was difficult to D/L. Having to download that external program update it, Blah blah. Most games have an ADDON folder and done.