CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

15 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

ps5.jpg

I was wrong. This is the worst looking console of all time.

This looks like a $39 "gaming case" off AliExpress

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Unpopular opinion but I like the XSX design. It doesn't look too divergent from it's predecessors, and it's got a relatively clean look to it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of Flood modes, how about a gametype where two players alternate between playing as a single soldier inside a level filled with constantly spawning flood and the Gravemind that commands the flood.  Individual flood would have the necessary AI to move and attack on their own but the player influences how and where and what type of flood is deployed.  

If the map took place inside a Gravemind, like H3 Cortana, the player could modify the map as well as deploy troops since the map is himself.  The ability to toggle views from room to room, or get a top down view, or a multi view, the ability to open and close wall-sphincters, the ability to sprout new flood forms from out of the walls, the ability to flood the bottom rooms with digestive acid or knock a player off a walkway by coughing.  

The Gravemind views the entire battlefield and makes short-term and long-term decisions accordingly. 

34 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Unpopular opinion but I like the XSX design. It doesn't look too divergent from it's predecessors, and it's got a relatively clean look to it. 

I can't get mad at a box. Its strange but who cares at least it doesn't look like some cheap alienware and can reasonably fit pretty much into any setup

Halo infinite’s reveal next month better be a LOT! Like even if we get gameplY(nothings been confirmed) I better get more than some 2-3 minutes of bs clips. 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

I like it. The XSX is big. But that's about it. And compared to the PS5 it doesn't even look that big anymore lol. Otherwise it's pretty basic, which to me is perfect. An all black or all white model and then you can release special models (Halo, Gears etc.) later on. It would be cool if the Xbox logo could turn since I imagine a lot of people will have it sideways but that's whatevs.

The Xbox has the same problem going into the next generation it had the last generation it has basically no exclusives outside of Halo/gears/Forza and if Infinite is going to be like Halo 5 I have no reason to own one anymore.

While with the PS5 I already have a reason to want to buy it with DSR looking like the PS5’s version of Bloodborne for me Xbox better have some actual good exclusives to show off come July.

34 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

The Xbox has the same problem going into the next generation it had the last generation it has basically no exclusives outside of Halo/gears/Forza and if Infinite is going to be like Halo 5 I have no reason to own one anymore.

While with the PS5 I already have a reason to want to buy it with DSR looking like the PS5’s version of Bloodborne for me Xbox better have some actual good exclusives to show off come July.

Lol to those of us with powerful PCs stronger than the series x or just as good. From what I’ve heard this console is only pushing games to 120 FPS where my pc can push the average to 150-200 even if I use max settings. Lmao I go higher if I do a little bit of editing the unnecessary bits.

42 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Lol to those of us with powerful PCs stronger than the series x or just as good. From what I’ve heard this console is only pushing games to 120 FPS where my pc can push the average to 150-200 even if I use max settings. Lmao I go higher if I do a little bit of editing the unnecessary bits.

fZdxhgr.gif?noredirect

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

It's a solid point though. If you're a Halo or Gears fan, it's much better to just invest in a monster rig. Xbox was always just a Halo/Gears machine.

• Like (+1) 1

You're a sperglord if you care about FPS above 100. I used to say 60 but the bar keeps moving, apparently. There's a point of diminished returns and 60 is that mark. Past 100, there's no return at all.

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 3

2 hours ago, Faeyrin said:

You're a sperglord if you care about FPS above 100. I used to say 60 but the bar keeps moving, apparently. There's a point of diminished returns and 60 is that mark. Past 100, there's no return at all.

That's just straight up flase, there's many benefits to having FPS above 100, less input lag being one of them, if you're talking from the point of view of a console gamer then I can see your point but when it comes to M&KB there is absolutely a measureable difference even between 144hz and 240hz, especially on games like CS:GO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mow said:

That's just straight up flase, there's many benefits to having FPS above 100, less input lag being one of them, if you're talking from the point of view of a console gamer then I can see your point but when it comes to M&KB there is absolutely a measureable difference even between 144hz and 240hz, especially on games like CS:GO.

Pretty sure the guy is just trolling 

7 hours ago, thdyingbreed said:

I mean they did just buy like 10 studios for a total of 15 first party studios and news of an apparent 16th studio that they haven't announced who. AT&T also just put up the WB gaming studio for sale.

The problem now is that MS is really pushing the Xbox Play Anywhere. Releasing all of their titles on PC as well. There is no reason for an XSX if you have a PC.

With Halo fully on PC I am completely done with consoles. Really don't see a reason to put up with shit like XBL and garbage hardware that can't be upgraded anymore.

45 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Consoles will always be purchased because most console SCRUBS, don’t know how to build a pc, they don’t realize they’re saving money in the end. 

lmao 

It used to be a good deal. The 360 had some damn good hardware for its price and was actual plug-n-play where you could play your game after getting it at the midnight sale. But now we have 60 GB day one patches, weak specs, still pay for online play and there are constant massive OS updates that keep you from playing whenever you want. It's such a joke how consoles just threw it all away.

Just now, timeforkoalas said:

Random, but I hope they take out the spring jump scoreboard glitch and just make the timing slightly easier to do.

How does that glitch work?