CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah if their luxury is "make the same generic sandbox game twice a year even down to the UI". They even delayed all their games because they realised that's all they were doing.

Right, I'm not defending the design of them. Just the production is very impressive. I played through Far Cry 5 when it came out and I remember going around a room and hitting like 30 different objects with a shovel and each one of them had their own unique sound effect. Just stuff like that which is usually a luxury of bigger teams or longer cycles Ubisoft can realize. 

But again, that doesn't really matter if the games are weak lol. 

I think a forerunner grapple grenade would be sick. Aiming to stick the right grapple point would take way more skill than the standard FPS grapple. Also way more interesting than the pulse and splinter grenades.

• Upvote (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Gobias said:

I think a forerunner grapple grenade would be sick. Aiming to stick the right grapple point would take way more skill than the standard FPS grapple. Also way more interesting than the pulse and splinter grenades.

I feel like that’s too many pre requisites.  You need to find this specific pick up AND it can only be used in approved locations?  Doesn’t seem very useful.  Either make the Grapple a pick up that can be used anywhere or make it a base trait that can only be used in approved locations (not that I think this is the way to go).  

If the Grapple can only be used in locations that the map designer approves, why not just put a gravity lift or man cannon there instead?  

Just now, Boyo said:

I feel like that’s too many pre requisites.  You need to find this specific pick up AND it can only be used in approved locations?  Doesn’t seem very useful.  Either make the Grapple a pick up that can be used anywhere or make it a base trait that can only be used in approved locations (not that I think this is the way to go).  

If the Grapple can only be used in locations that the map designer approves, why not just put a gravity lift or man cannon there instead?  

Because it gives that individual the ability to make a play. Because it’s a pick up the player isn’t going to be paying attention to those spots, they won’t expect it.

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I meant that it would take more skill to aim an arcing grappling hook to hit the desired spot on any surface than the typical straight-line shot in games like Lawbreakers. That way you wouldn’t need to balance it with contrived grapple points. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gobias said:

I meant that it would take more skill to aim an arcing grappling hook to hit the desired spot on any surface than the typical straight-line shot in games like Lawbreakers. That way you wouldn’t need to balance it with contrived grapple points. 

In a game like Halo with space magic, you wouldn’t even need to display the “rope”.  The Gravity Grapple grenade could just pull the user to its point of impact through an invisible force.  

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

In a game like Halo with space magic, you wouldn’t even need to display the “rope”.  The Gravity Grapple grenade could just pull the user to its point of impact through an invisible force.  

I imagine there would need to be some kind of energy tether to give visual feedback and make it less unpredictable for opponents. The best part of tying it to a falling projectile is that the range is limited naturally and predictably. No need for crosshairs showing what surfaces can and can’t be tethered.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can’t we just have a hook that works like path finder or doom eternal 

jist saw a post on waypoint and this is a neat idea.

“know there's already been posts on this but what about a flood survival mode however its pvpve. there would be two teams each spawn in there own base with buildiable turrets and things like that. the flood start attacking each base if you die you become a flood. once everyone's flood its game over . You are allowed to leave your base however there would be loads of flood in-between you and the other base. if you get to there base you could disable there turrets etc. if you get killed by a player you respawwn.waves get harder.  
just an idea feel free to tell me how it could be b”

Seems like you would just setup in your own base and let the other team die trying to push over and over. Probably even betray each other to exploit the player death thing for ammo etc. Sounds cool but it would have A LOT of problems with griefing or stagnant gameplay unless the flood were pretty irrelevant

Maybe if FF was turned off, and you had a window of opportunity to attack the other team after you cleared your wave...maybe that could work. Reward the team that is more efficient at clearing their wave by giving them either an opportunity to attack, or more time to fortify their base.

I think a game like this would need an economy system, where you earn money by completing the wave, with bonuses for speed and style. Then, you can choose to spend your money on fortifications like barriers and turrets, attack options like catapults that automatically damage the other team's base, or something for yourself like a sniper rifle or a masking grenade to let you walk amongst the flood undetected and go screw with the other team.

Maybe the flood could even be influenced by the enemy team...like you spawn the flood that you want to attack the other team's base, like Clash Royale or Castlestorm. That could even be something you could spend your money on. Say, each wave has a set amount of standard, low level flood, but you could also spend some of your money to send a tank form, or extra carrier forms, or shooty-turret type ones at them.

I think an idea like this has a lot of potential.

• Fire (+1) 2

You’re essentially running two independent PvE games where the players from one game set the parameters for the other using currency they’ve earned.  

There was one nazi zombies map, Verrückt, where the team was split in half and initially spawned on opposite sides of a door that could eventually be opened.  Maybe a similar principle could be applied to thIs PvEvP gamemode.  Teams begin the match both fighting the Flood but at a certain point gain the ability to fight each other directly.  

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

masking grenade to let you walk amongst the flood undetected and go screw with the other team.

BlindDevotedAmericanmarten-size_restrict

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Seems like you would just setup in your own base and let the other team die trying to push over and over. Probably even betray each other to exploit the player death thing for ammo etc. Sounds cool but it would have A LOT of problems with griefing or stagnant gameplay unless the flood were pretty irrelevant

You seem to forget the part of flood being rampant and you turned infected when you die. From what I can decipher from reading this, this isn’t the flood version of war zone. This is castle wars but the flood are constantly attacking in waves and their difficulties keep increasing as time goes on. The way I’d make this play out is every minute the difficulty increases and tons of legendary flood would be a hassle, not to mention the player swarming the bases trying to kill their once allies and the original enemy.

lol 343 could easily replicate call of duty zombies and just let it be a flood version and it would be a hit. And with all the req weapons we saw in h5 there be a lot of variety in what someone could purchase via weapons. 

Maybe this be the perfect way to balance our infection. The biggest issue infection has to this day is quitters, and 343 thinks it’s perfectly fine for people to quit infection matches. But people quit because infection is so unbalanced between humans and infected. This idea be perfect if all 12 players(this is the player count for the infected playlist) could spawn human and we get attacked by the flood and there’s a campaign style objective to get towards but if you die you become the flood but you still have tons of AI flood assisting you so you don’t feel cheated or not enjoying yourself. Each infection round should be a total of 6-8 minutes and the difficulty increases each time as well as which infection forms spawn. Goodness I sure hope halo infinite’s new engine just created a whole bunch of possibilities. With the scripting abilities we had in h5 this could totally be possible if were given access to ai outside of mods and what not(which I’ll add will be be most likely exclusive since console won’t have an anti cheat disabled option) 

• Like (+1) 1

MS is really about to lose the next generation war again by letting Sony show off actual gameplay and their lineup of games before them. They already fucked up by having their last event say "gameplay" then showing zero actual gameplay.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, xSociety said:

MS is really about to lose the next generation war again by letting Sony show off actual gameplay and their lineup of games before them. They already fucked up by having their last event say "gameplay" then showing zero actual gameplay.

You know for some reason! These game companies think some bullshit cgi trailer is gameplay! Like don’t tell me there’s going to be gameplay, when all you ever showed me was a trailer, which is basically a Disney Pixar film! 

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Pretty sure Microsoft is trying to do everything after Sony this time. Last gen they went first and royally fucked up, both on presentation but also price. If they go after Sony they can both price match PS5 (I'm assuming they will want to do this but we will see how the Series X vs Series S turns out) and also say "you thought PS5 looked good? Check this out". Going first will absolutely not be the reason either console gets a head start and if Xbox Series X does end up looking better than PS5 they can use that for comparison and have the recency bias that their console is better.

Not saying one will for sure be better than the other, but going first isn't really a good argument

Ok let’s be honest the ONLY reason Sony beat Microsoft in console sells is because of the price. M$ charged 500$ for the Xbox one because of the connect which no one ever used. I guess Sony does have good exclusives but they’re all single player games which are fun to play for like a week then after you’ve completed the game there’s next to nothing to do. There’s a reason people like open world games than linear games like halo, because open world offers a lot to do. Tons of room for side quest and everything. It’s one thing that made god of war 4 such a hit

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Ok let’s be honest the ONLY reason Sony beat Microsoft in console sells is because of the price. M$ charged 500$ for the Xbox one because of the connect which no one ever used. I guess Sony does have good exclusives but they’re all single player games which are fun to play for like a week then after you’ve completed the game there’s next to nothing to do. There’s a reason people like open world games than linear games like halo, because open world offers a lot to do. Tons of room for side quest and everything. It’s one thing that made god of war 4 such a hit

The reason Sony beat MS last time was because of the awful messaging when they showed it off. Games took a back seat to the home theater stuff and motion controls. Well, the biggest mistake was actually the always online fiasco, and then Sony came out and roasted them for it. 

• Like (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, xSociety said:

The reason Sony beat MS last time was because of the awful messaging when they showed it off. Games took a back seat to the home theater stuff and motion controls. Well, the biggest mistake was actually the always online fiasco, and then Sony came out and roasted them for it. 

Yeah and they later corrected themselves. Just be honest we know it was that 100$ difference that alienated people. Xbox one didn’t have anything good at launch! Lmao I didn’t even buy an Xbox one(and I know many didn’t either) until 343 announced mcc

23 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Yeah and they later corrected themselves. Just be honest we know it was that 100$ difference that alienated people. Xbox one didn’t have anything good at launch! Lmao I didn’t even buy an Xbox one(and I know many didn’t either) until 343 announced mcc

Launch price was a big factor but it certainly isn't the only thing that you claim it to be. It's not even the biggest factor.

$100 more for a console that was inferior to the PS4, and was shown off as gimmicky to use with your TV, media and forced you to buy a Kinect that the vast majority of people didn't even want. Xbox One was designed to originally force all users to have to be online 100% and was going to remove physical games all-together. And not to mention the exclusive games weren't very good.

If the Xbox One launched with a console similar to the Xbox One X where it clearly has better specs than the PS4, and was marketed as a gaming console rather than a media console, most people wouldn't have complained about the price tag. The pricing was a factor but it was far from even the most important reason. In less than a year Microsoft launched a bundle without the Kinect for $400. But that didn't take away the originally marketing they did, and it didn't take away from the fact their console was inferior to the PS4 and it didn't help their exclusive games list. 

• Like (+1) 2

The Xbox One was the biggest piece of shit console and I'm so glad its lifespan is coming to an end. You won't believe how many people I know that had a 360 hated the One with a burning passion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like Halo and Gears too much to ever switch. Plus I like the controller better. And I'm a slave to achievements and have way too much invested in my account to ever start fresh somewhere else. I'm like the exact customer MS was aiming for.