CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

On one hand I hate the map remixes from the perspective of wanting to see new and interesting things but on the other I like them because it doubles their chances to produce something worth playing on by reusing assets in a different manner. For example I really enjoyed Eden as far as H5 maps go and absolutely hated Empire and without a map remix H5 would've been down Eden in the map pool

They're probably the best example to use because despite reusing a lot of geometry they play vastly different. One is small with many corners and poor gameplay with autos where the other is rather large with a lot of rotations with snipe etc. Totally different gameplay using the same pieces 

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

On one hand I hate the map remixes from the perspective of wanting to see new and interesting things but on the other I like them because it doubles their chances to produce something worth playing on by reusing assets in a different manner. For example I really enjoyed Eden as far as H5 maps go and absolutely hated Empire and without a map remix H5 would've been down Eden in the map pool

They're probably the best example to use because despite reusing a lot of geometry they play vastly different. One is small with many corners and poor gameplay with autos where the other is rather large with a lot of rotations with snipe etc. Totally different gameplay using the same pieces 

You know as a guy who doesn’t like asymmetrical maps that much in halo eden was probably my favorite in halo ever. I hated the others plaza and that one mining map. I hated plaza a lot but only for slayer. 
@MultiLockOn ummm isn’t quake 1v1 or something for its comp? How would you make obj work in 1v1? 

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Y'all are gonna fuck around and Beetlejuice her right back into existence.

Ice will not be showing up anytime soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Bu then who will be here to tell me how much power weapons don't belong in Halo because of peoples skill levels?

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

You know as a guy who doesn’t like asymmetrical maps that much in halo eden was probably my favorite in halo ever. I hated the others plaza and that one mining map. I hated plaza a lot but only for slayer. 
@MultiLockOn ummm isn’t quake 1v1 or something for its comp? How would you make obj work in 1v1? 

Why would I want obj in 1v1, did I say something that implied that

13 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

7 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think they should add objective gametypes to 1v1s.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

For a second you had me actually convinced I said that lol I was trippin

14 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Map remixes is, to this day, one of the most unabashedly lazy things I have ever seen out of a game developer.

EDIT: Oh and literally every Reach map is horrible.

Remixing at least switches it up a little bit. Destiny just take the exact same content and slaps a sticker on it and calls it new.

5 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

What have you done...

7 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

No but it’s clear when I said no comp game uses TDM you tried refuting that by mentioning a game that does only 1v1s to try to prove me wrong which you technically did but in a way to only discredit me. I would think the game wouldn’t count because it doesn’t use teams for its competitive, like other esports.

I think 343 will be fools to not have. Battle royale in halo infinite. If it was free to play think how many would cling to it? I’m sure infinite will be a true pc halo than the garbage MCC is. MCC has no pc graphic customization, fps is terrible past 60 blah blah. Halo infinite better be a true pc release! 

• WutFace (+0) 1

37 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Battle royale in halo infinite.

Describe what this would look like.  

24 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Describe what this would look like.  

Hmm let’s say 100 or more players on a halo ring. I think starting out as ODST than Spartans is appropriate, and through out the map is armor that gives extra Healh. Level 4 shield would be spartan armor. Vehicles never seen before on the map, REQ stations across where you can buy weapons, perks, and spartan abilities. Get RP points by killing and completing task. Like cod warzone you should be able to revive a teammate. Warzone has potential for shit ton of guns. Projectile shooting with bullet drop similar to apex legends. Objectives to do like cod warzone. Level 4 shield would be 200 hp but with a shield recharge. Where outside that you’ll need to use heals. 

4 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Warzone has potential for shit ton of guns.

Like what?  

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Like what?  

Lol I meant halo BR sorry currently watching warzone stream.

but what I was getting at was that h5 warzone shows that they have so much potential for weapons on the map which would work great for a BR

5 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

No but it’s clear when I said no comp game uses TDM you tried refuting that by mentioning a game that does only 1v1s to try to prove me wrong which you technically did but in a way to only discredit me. I would think the game wouldn’t count because it doesn’t use teams for its competitive, like other esports.

First of all, no I didn't. That was Hard Way, you didn't bother to go back and read the actual conversation. He brought up quake duels. 

That being said, he was right. And if you've watched any quake you'd know they also run 2's in every competition. As did CE. Lower player counts are usually better suited for slayer and higher counts do well with objective to retain focus across lots of people. I actually don't like objective that much personally, but I also don't like 4v4 so there's that. If we are to run comp 4s in Halo I'd rather it be done on koth, not ctf or strongholds. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

What have you done...

Its not what he did lol

5 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

First of all, no I didn't. That was Hard Way, you didn't bother to go back and read the actual conversation. He brought up quake duels. 

That being said, he was right. And if you've watched any quake you'd know they also run 2's in every competition. As did CE. Lower player counts are usually better suited for slayer and higher counts do well with objective to retain focus across lots of people. I actually don't like objective that much personally, but I also don't like 4v4 so there's that. If we are to run comp 4s in Halo I'd rather it be done on koth, not ctf or strongholds. 

No ctf? Thats like one of the cleanest, simplest, and most engaging gametypes i can think of in any fps

14 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Oh yeah you’re right, ok can people here just not mention quake. I feel it’s a game that’s not worth mentioning. Like does that game even have a thousand players. It’s less relevant than halo is and we know halos pop isn’t high. I originally was trying to make a point that objective is just better than something like team slayer for competitive halo. If a team is winning at say 38-12 there’s basically no chance they’re coming back especially if their opponents are equally or better skilled. But we know in obj that’s a different story.  Even when losing ctf 0-4 or 0-2 a comeback is still a unique possibility that’s not unrealistic. I never liked king. I think oddball fits the role better. 

5 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Its not what he did lol

No ctf? Thats like one of the cleanest, simplest, and most engaging gametypes i can think of in any fps

I think ctf is great in BTB. I don't think it's a good count for 4v4 personally. Those scenarios when each team has the others flag and no one can score is what I'm referring to at least, and now you've got 2 people dedicated to going out and getting the flag and 1 guy just sitting there holding it, maybe 1 guy guarding him. I think it creates this weird slow period where it's stalemates into 1v1 encounters. It's the same reason I don't like strongholds or stockpile in 4s, it's taking the player count and splitting it between multiple objectives. I don't think it makes use of the team size. Koth is cool because you get to see the entirely of a team focus on one objective and you get pretty cool dynamic setups and whatnot come out of it, better interactions I think.

All that being said, this is super nitpicky and I certainly don't hate CTF lol I just think it'd be better suited even for, 5v5? Not the worst thing to run in 4s by any means. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Oh yeah you’re right, ok can people here just not mention quake. I feel it’s a game that’s not worth mentioning. Like does that game even have a thousand players. It’s less relevant than halo is and we know halos pop isn’t high. I originally was trying to make a point that objective is just better than something like team slayer for competitive halo. If a team is winning at say 38-12 there’s basically no chance they’re coming back especially if their opponents are equally or better skilled. But we know in obj that’s a different story.  Even when losing ctf 0-4 or 0-2 a comeback is still a unique possibility that’s not unrealistic. I never liked king. I think oddball fits the role better. 

Do you think the sole reason quake isn't popular is because it uses a kill based game mode? No? Then don't discredit it from a conversation about design. Its popularity has no metric on the quality of the title, just like Halo's general lack of popularity right now isn't a metric to say H5 is worse than some other bigger shooters on the market. 

If you are losing badly to an equally, or greater skilled team, than you SHOULD lose? It's more important to have a gametype that accurately represents the skill of the players and teams, not just something that has ridiculous swing mechanics for the sake of coming back when you are losing. Slayer is the best representation of skill, which is why I prefer it over most obj gametypes. 

Oddball is just a campy koth where you can move the hill to the safest point of the map and sit there forever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

and now you've got 2 people dedicated to going out and getting the flag and 1 guy just sitting there holding it, maybe 1 guy guarding him. I think it creates this weird slow period where it's stalemates into 1v1 encounters. It's the same reason I don't like strongholds or stockpile in 4s, it's taking the player count and splitting it between multiple objectives. 

Isn't this at least kind-of fixed when Halo 5 added the CTF carrier to use a Pistol? You don't necessarily need 2 people to go after the flag because the guy carrying the flag by himself can now defend. It can still create stalemates when the flag carrier has to sit in his own base and wait for your flag to be returned but it still seems not quite as bad. Did you like Halo 5 adding the flag carrier to hold a Pistol?

7 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Do you think the sole reason quake isn't popular is because it uses a kill based game mode? No? Then don't discredit it from a conversation about design. Its popularity has no metric on the quality of the title, just like Halo's general lack of popularity right now isn't a metric to say H5 is worse than some other bigger shooters on the market. 

If you are losing badly to an equally, or greater skilled team, than you SHOULD lose? It's more important to have a gametype that accurately represents the skill of the players and teams, not just something that has ridiculous swing mechanics for the sake of coming back when you are losing. Slayer is the best representation of skill, which is why I prefer it over most obj gametypes. 

Oddball is just a campy koth where you can move the hill to the safest point of the map and sit there forever. 

If you ask me losing objective when you WERE winning let’s me know you aren’t as skilled as you think. Slayer is easy, the strategy isn’t nearly there as obj is. Anyone can time power ups which are very op in slayer. Even power weapons are way more effective in slayer.

swing mechanics are good for a competitive game. Have you played CS, OW etc? Sometimes people have good starts and bad starts. Even if you start coming back, if your 25-45 chances of you coming back is like 5%. Slayer definitely is and never will be the best representation of skill, you are objectively wrong.

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

Isn't this at least kind-of fixed when Halo 5 added the CTF carrier to use a Pistol? You don't necessarily need 2 people to go after the flag because the guy carrying the flag by himself can now defend. It can still create stalemates when the flag carrier has to sit in his own base and wait for your flag to be returned but it still seems not quite as bad. Did you like Halo 5 adding the flag carrier to hold a Pistol?

Well no I don't. But the potential lethality isn't the issue as even in older Halos the flag could just drop the flag and go help. It's just that, you don't really do that because it's dangerous. And then the other team can see the flag location. So usually you just sit in a random corner of your base and wait a few minutes - not super engaging.

Like I said I don't mind it lol I just think there's a lot of great scenarios for flag that dictate more players. Those BTB clips of crazy warthog runs with the flag driving past the whole enemy team shooting at them is what that magic is all about. It scales really nicely with higher counts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I always likened an objective carrier to a King in chess, slow but deadly in close quarters.  

@MultiLockOn If you had to split gametypes between “4v4 and under” and “over 4v4”, how would you divide them?