CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I hope Infinite has a custom game browser at launch. That was H5's most underrated feature imo. There's always something new and different to play that isn't some variation of slayer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Indeed.

King, Ball, Flag, Bomb, and Strongholds (Objectively better 3 Plots) are all that we need. Slayer can have a home in another competitive playlist: Doubles.

Bring back extraction pls

• Fire (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

I hope Infinite has a custom game browser at launch. That was H5's most underrated feature imo. There's always something new and different to play that isn't some variation of slayer.

My only dislike of it was too many clan recruitment lobby’s like wtf. 

It'd be cool if you could thumbs up/down stuff in the custom browser. That make popular stuff more visible, but it'd be cool if it also made it more likely to show you stuff that it thinks you'll like. Hopefully that would solve the problem of sifting through 3 pages of low effort forge maps and 9yr olds' clan recruitment assassinations only lobbies.

Also, regarding obj in FFA, I checked some in match composer last night in an effort to get a game a little quicker. I got FFA Reverse Tag on Chill Out. It was honestly fun as hell. That is the perfect way to do objective in FFA.

• Like (+1) 4

12 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Also, regarding obj in FFA, I checked some in match composer last night in an effort to get a game a little quicker. I got FFA Reverse Tag on Chill Out. It was honestly fun as hell. That is the perfect way to do objective in FFA.

Gun Game and Sharpshooter would be good for FFA too.  The objective is still slaying.  If there’s not going to be multi team or action sack, ffa could support a few unique slayer/objective hybrid gametypes.  

A custom browser was the only reason I started playing H5 again last year. It was pretty great until 99% of the games were CLAN RECRUITMENT or ASSASSINATIONS ONLY. Like who wants to do that shit?

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/16/2020 at 8:53 PM, Jake Teh Nub said:

A custom browser was the only reason I started playing H5 again last year. It was pretty great until 99% of the games were CLAN RECRUITMENT or ASSASSINATIONS ONLY. Like who wants to do that shit?

Don’t forget good ol’ Castle Wars.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Do they still only list a limited amount of games? All the clan recruitment servers would piss me off because they took up space for actual games.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Do they still only list a limited amount of games? All the clan recruitment servers would piss me off because they took up space for actual games.

I'm assuming so but I haven't played in a while.

I liked the customs browser because I could get octagon games when I had no friends

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I'm guessing you haven't found the strip club map and gametype yet, that one is my favorite 

• Simms (+1) 1

Precision weapons are your best bet for a consistently high dps across a variety of ranges but automatic weapons could provide players with unique advantages outside of pure damage.  What do you think about automatic weapons gaining some special abilities that push them into weapon-equipment hybrid territory?  

Plasma Repeater 

RT automatically fires plasma bolts that kill in 10 bodyshots (1.2 seconds) or 4 consecutive headshots (0.4 seconds).  LT activates the Exhaust Vent, rapidly cooling the weapon by hissing the battery’s hot gasses forward like an angry tea kettle.  X deploys a Hologram.  

Spiker 

RT automatically fires spikes that kill in 8 shots (0.7 seconds), ricochet off of hard surfaces, and deal minor knockback but produce vertical recoil and drop over distance.  X reloads the 12 round magazine.  LT fires a short range Clawline that pulls the user to its point of impact.  

Sentinel Beam 

RT fires a beam that kills infantry in 1.2 seconds and gradually decreases the damage resistance of a continuously contacted vehicle.  LT activates a 2x scope.  X activates Tele Link, instantly transporting the user to the map’s designated exit node, if one is available.  

The Magnum’s most interesting features are scope and reload but that doesn’t have to be the case for the entire sandbox.  

7 minutes ago, Mow said:

Sounds like r/halo bait, talking about playable Elites and Falcons for entire paragraphs. As a whole it doesn't sound super unrealistic, but at the same time there's no proof so it's borderline useless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

20 hours ago, darkstar said:

Don’t good ol’ Castle Wars.

Least castle wars was fun. I gusss you hate it but I’d find much enjoyment there 

1 hour ago, Mow said:

They feel somewhat legitimate.  They don't feel super r/Halo baity especially with the elaboration in the comments that Sprint. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are out, Thruster/Evade and Clamber are still in, and BMS is higher than other games, but not quite DOOM levels. I feel like if they were going for maximum r/Halo bait sprint would still be in and it'd just be Halo 5 again with how much they love that game. 

Obviously grain of salt, wait until an official reveal but they don't seem to out there and they actually sound like it might turn out to be a good Halo game?

6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

> Weapon attachments make a return. As confirmed by this new Mega toy that shows swappable weapon sights like the Halo 5 Mega sets.

Lol

Wouldn't be the first hint/leak of Infinite stuff through them. All the sets they've shown off didn't have figures at NY Toy Fair due to potential spoilers of enemies and since then we've seen new Jackals in the Warthog set, which look more classic but are clearly not based entirely on CE/2/3, as well as a Hunter in the Pelican set with Chief and Brohammer that's sporting Banished colours, as well as another leak that was chased down real hard to be deleted off twitter and wherever it was posted that showed a figure pack marked with Infinites branding that showed a Banished brute with a new weapon. 

Definitely going to have to take it with a grain of salt as it does sound really, really good and getting excited for it could lead to being massively disappointed even more than what we expect. 

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

They feel somewhat legitimate.  They don't feel super r/Halo baity especially with the elaboration in the comments that Sprint. Ground pound and Spartan Charge are out, Thruster/Evade and Clamber are still in, and BMS is higher than other games, but not quite DOOM levels. I feel like if they were going for maximum r/Halo bait sprint would still be in and it'd just be Halo 5 again with how much they love that game. 

Obviously grain of salt, wait until an official reveal but they don't seem to out there and they actually sound like it might turn out to be a good Halo game?

Least that leak sounds real. And probably is best that those abilities are kept so the game has a modern and classic feel. I feel with without sprint a compromise can be made 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Question Would clamber be ok if it wasn’t a forced mechanic? 

it's inherently forced, though

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

it's inherently forced, though

I guess what I mean by that is take guardian h3 for example all skill jumps are the same. Obviously clamber isn’t needed at all to make these, BUT would it be bad if clamber was an option? It would open up other ways of making certain jumps I can ensure you. Lol would definitely help my ass not fall off the map playing lockout. I’m just saying. In h5s case most jumps were forced, but they don’t need to do that. And I also bet clamber wouldn’t ruin a classic halo like sprint has.