CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I just want to be able to play H3 again, even with the poo poo hit reg. Btw is there by any chance an MLG Citadel test file floating around that I could grab? I know there's an official FFA variant, but that's obviously not set up for 4s.

When they add halo 3 they better add asym obj. A bunch of the maps were designed for that in the first place. At least then you don't have to repeat the mistake of cramming them into Slayer where they don't really make sense.

The Sniper Rifle’s maximum scope magnification should be no more than double that of the utility weapon.  If the Magnum has a 2x scope, the Sniper should have no more than a 4x scope.  

How does one weapon dealing instant death from uncontestable ranges improve gameplay?  

Wouldn't ever be uncontestable if the utility weapon's range is balanced by RRR/aim assist instead of spread. Couldn't much kill like that but you can still ping for the descope, especially if it's a burst fire weapon.

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

The Sniper Rifle’s maximum scope magnification should be no more than double that of the utility weapon.  If the Magnum has a 2x scope, the Sniper should have no more than a 4x scope.  

How does one weapon dealing instant death from uncontestable ranges improve gameplay?  

Make it sufficiently hard to kill in one shot. Make the utility strong enough so getting caught with your pants down up close always results in the sniper's death.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Basu said:

Make it sufficiently hard to kill in one shot. Make the utility strong enough so getting caught with your pants down up close always results in the sniper's death.

THIS. For all the praise that H3's sniper rifle receives, if you play a really good sniper and you have to fight him with the BR, you're basically helpless. Same for H2. 

18 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Yeah it's got a lot of problems, but I do think a lot of the people talking about hit reg the most are likely not shooting correctly. I run into bullet magnetism deciding to go on vacation a lot more often than I do blanks. I'm excited to see what the fix for the spread bug will do for consistency. It's really the only thing I have to look forward to in this next update.

I think ce needs a reticule adjustment option. The fact someone needs to shoot from the edge for maximum proficiency is dumb. Oh yeah I forgot the spread bug still exist. I’m just tired of shots I know should hit that wont.

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

THIS. For all the praise that H3's sniper rifle receives, if you play a really good sniper and you have to fight him with the BR, you're basically helpless. Same for H2. 

People say this but if we're being real even the absolute best players in the game die to one guy with a BR all the time when they have snipe and somehow get isolated into a 1v1. That's not to say they don't also hit no scopes/quick scopes/whatever at a higher rate than even some of the best players too but saying you're helpless is kind of misleading. I never made pro bracket or anything but I've been peeled and gotten kills on these people in that kind of situation. They do have an advantage though and at some point you just have to blame yourself for letting it happen to you since that snipe came from somewhere in 1v1s and in 4s on 2 snipe maps I'd hesitate to really try and break it down into a 1v1 game or situation when the reality is there's 8 people moving around and you know they have it. I'd say it should be harder than it was in H2 and that the BR online makes it feel worse than it really is in most situations in H3. At the end of the day though the snipe is what it is in Halo and people will be rewarded for their skill if they have it. Its just important that we make sure to not repeat H2 ease/H4 beam rifle/H5 shoot anywhere and get a headshot levels of stupid. Imo you should lose that fight if they hit the right shot its just important that it remains more difficult for the player with snipe to hit that shot than it is to get a reasonable kill with the BR

I always liked h3 sniping just because not anyone could aim with it. Even your average level 50 couldn’t go off with the thing. I think the AA was perfect in h3. Auto aim wasn’t high nor low which made for a good balance. And it’s bullet mag didn’t seem overly ridiculous.

23 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

When they add halo 3 they better add asym obj. A bunch of the maps were designed for that in the first place. At least then you don't have to repeat the mistake of cramming them into Slayer where they don't really make sense.

What do you mean? 1 flag, 1 bomb etc have always been in H3 and came up all the time in BTB. I just cant think of any non-BTB maps Aside from High Ground and maybe Ghost Town where they would fit.

13 hours ago, Boyo said:

So you want a DMR with a damage buff?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ngl I’m more looking forward to Infinite’s campaign than its multiplayer. The lead writer is the guy who wrote the first two Arkham games, which is cool, and it’s been advertised as having very large (perhaps semi open world) levels. I don’t know about marketing but this has the potential to be the best campaign in the series if they don’t mess up like they did with 5.

Balance is usually interpreted as equity in weapon use/effectiveness. With that definition, Destiny is “balanced” because everything is ridiculous lol

Balance, I think, is inherent to a weapon/mechanic, and the effect on the rest of the sandbox is important, but secondary. As long as a weapon is properly difficult for its potential effectiveness, you’ve achieved an inherent balance. If it’s crazy good, it’s crazy challenging. Then, you take the rest of the game into account. Things like diversity, overarching balance, etc.

That being said, designers don’t think linearly like that. We usually tackle all problems at once and form the idea like a piece of clay, until each part is properly aligned with the rest. Because of that, you’ll often find them saying things that they themselves don’t even agree with, that is, until you talk through it and put things in order.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

I'd rather the sniper rifle just be balanced out by the utility's lethality. In that regard, CE's sniper rifle is probably the best, minus what little spread it has. H3's isn't bad, but I always felt like while it had no significant magnetism, it had ridiculous auto-aim.

There's also the fact that aiming in general in Halo 3 takes more skill because of how awkward and heavy it is compared to other games. Also, the thing feels like it definitely has some fuckery with the noscoping. Swiping on 10 sens with the reticle non-scoped is almost as bad as H2's swipe sniping. You can basically hit every other shot as long as your timing isn't complete shit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Power Weapons 

The Rocket Launcher is the quintessential power weapon.  It has all the basic weapon functions: scope (LT), fire (RT), reload (X).  

The Plasma Detonator can semi automatically fire up to four remotely detonated stickies with RT.  LT detonates any stickies that have been fired.  

X toggles the weapon between detonator mode and launcher mode.  In launcher mode, LT activates a 2x scope and RT charges then fires a burst of up to four high speed, long range stickies that automatically detonate shortly after impact.  

The SAW is more of a remotely operated vehicle than a weapon, a ground drone if you will.  Activating the weapon deploys a large spiked wheel that rolls forward, splattering players and vehicles it rolls over.  RT turns the vehicle right.  LT turns the vehicle left.  X toggles between player view and weapon view.  

The Scepter semi automatically fires 3 shot kill projectiles with RT and launches a single remotely detonated EMP explosive with LT.  X reloads primary fire ammo. 

Man, Global Battle would have been absolutely WILD had they managed to pull it off on the 360 with Halo 3. If 343 still experiment with large scale gamemodes a la Warzone, they should probably try to bring back Global Battle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

Man, Global Battle would have been absolutely WILD had they managed to pull it off on the 360 with Halo 3. If 343 still experiment with large scale gamemodes a la Warzone, they should probably try to bring back Global Battle. 

The fuck is Global Battle?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The Sand Blaster semi automatically fires 6sk glass projectiles with RT.  LT continuously fires a wide flat spray of sand a short distance similar to a pressure washer.  While holding LT, RT tightens the flat spread into a concentrated jet with a longer range.  Standing on sand automatically refills the weapon’s ammo pool.  

While on sand, X summons a dust devil (small sand tornado) that surrounds the user.  Incoming grenades and slow moving projectiles become caught in the vortex, never exploding.  X again sends the vortex forward, damaging and tossing impacted players or vehicles.  

Ranged Weapons 

The Sniper Rifle is the quintessential ranged weapon.  It has all the basic weapon functions: scope (LT), fire (RT), reload (X).  

The Beam Rifle is a battery operated sniper rifle.  In addition to killing in one headshot or two bodyshots, electricity arcs from an impacted player to any players nearby, damaging them as well.  

X toggles the weapon between arc and ion mode.  In ion mode, RT causes 2sk explosive lightning bolts to strike down from the sky.  

The Focus Rifle fires a continuous beam that is not headshot capable but all occupants of an impacted vehicle gradually lose health from the radiation.  

X toggles the weapon from modulated to amplified.  While amplified, RT charges then fires a short duration laser blast that penetrates and destroys all that it touches but drains half the battery in one shot.  

The scope-less Gravity Bow charges then automatically fires 2sk knockback projectiles with RT.  Charge time and fire delay are both 0.3 seconds.  

LT charges then fires an arcing projectile that creates a gravity vortex on impact; pulling, spinning, throwing moveable objects around, causing explosive chain reactions.  The minimum charge time fires a short range, quick dropping projectile where the maximum charge time fires a flatter, long range projectile.  

X toggles the weapon from vortex to anchor mode.  In anchor mode, LT charges then fires a gravity anchor that drags down an impacted aerial vehicle.