CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Damn you guys really distrust 343 huh? Lol one time I fell while jogging and I straight up yelled “damnit 343” 

343 would put sprint and clamber in Counter Strike.

• Like (+1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 1

14 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Because real soldier can sprint, and we took out the speed bonus from holding a knife because that isn't realistic and ruins immersion - 343

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I want to doubt that but they are the ones who’d say that shit is needed. You know it’s hilarious I can name several games that don’t have sprint and are fast paced AF. Csgo, valorant, overwatch(95% since soldier has sprint but it surprisingly enough does absolutely nothing) , and doom. Sprint is a mechanic I greatly hate in halo, I get that it works in other games but because of shields and the high ttk in general it doesn’t work. It’s not able to work. A fast bms maybe close to what doom 4 had in my opinion would be the ideal movement speed for halo. Doom 4 wasn’t SUPER fast like quake, or should we have a default speed equivalent to what mlg v7 and mlg h3 brought? I personally think even those were too slow. Heck’s id have no problem with sprint if I could shoot and sprint that way a guy running from me can’t pull it off without me being able to kill him. But 343 won’t do that since they keep having to “rebalance sprint”. Idk about you but if you need to go back and fix something doesn’t that tell you, you should give up? Like I know it depends but sometimes it’s just not worth it. 343 just doesn’t know what to do I swear. I’m desperate for good news and the leaks bring me happiness. I just hope I’m not disappointed because I’m turning that stream off immediately if I see a mofo sprinting in halo again even after the hate. Why’s it no one has EVER given a good reason for sprint for a gameplay reason? It’s always “feel like a super soldier” Immersion, “I like sprint”, etc etc. there’s never a solid reason or explanation. 

• Like (+1) 2

On a more optimistic note, it's 343i and not late-stage Bungie.

Halo 5 was two orders of magnitude ahead of Halo 4. While they have a bad habit of horribly mismanaging their game, they can make something tolerable as far as base gameplay goes. It's not like the accelerating descent into utter shit from HCE to Reach. 

Even if Sprintfinite has some movement fuckery in it, I do feel that there's a solid chance that it'll be an overall upgrade from H5. 

343i deserves to be panned for their incompetency with MCC moreso than what they do with their own titles, IMO

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

On a more optimistic note, it's 343i and not late-stage Bungie.

Halo 5 was two orders of magnitude ahead of Halo 4. While they have a bad habit of horribly mismanaging their game, they can make something tolerable as far as base gameplay goes. It's not like the accelerating descent into utter shit from HCE to Reach. 

Even if Sprintfinite has some movement fuckery in it, I do feel that there's a solid chance that it'll be an overall upgrade from H5. 

343i deserves to be panned for their incompetency with MCC moreso than what they do with their own titles, IMO

Who cares though when other companies produce good games right now? Why would we play something which is only tolerable? Until they start selling games for less money than the actual good games being mediocre is/should be the same thing as not existing 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Sad to say I've already moved on from this franchise, so a good Halo game is basically just a bonus at this point. 

As far as strafing goes we need something like h2, overwatch, or apex for halo infinite. Make strafing great again 

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

As far as strafing goes we need something like h2, overwatch, or apex for halo infinite. Make strafing great again 

Apex/Overwatch style strafe acceleration would be absolute cancer in Halo imo.

• WutFace (+0) 1

Sometimes I feel like competitive Halo is too picky over some things. I mean, I don't take the lad above me as the voice for competitive Halo, but come on now. What changes to 'true' Halo are you even willing to accept if you're apprehensive over even a fast strafe acceleration? All this advanced movement stuff in H5, sure, I can see how it's incongruent to hallmark 'skillful simplicity' of Halo, but giving such a damning opinion on a (lack of) strafe acceleration?

Like I'm sure if 343i devs still lurk this forum, posts like the above got them all like this.

• Like (+1) 1

A reminder that we ususally don't see CoD gameplay until June/July each year. CoD 2019's reveal trailer was 30/05/2019, 6 months before release. Multiplayer reveal was in August.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Faeyrin said:

Sometimes I feel like competitive Halo is too picky over some things. I mean, I don't take the lad above me as the voice for competitive Halo, but come on now. What changes to 'true' Halo are you even willing to accept if you're apprehensive over even a fast strafe acceleration? All this advanced movement stuff in H5, sure, I can see how it's incongruent to hallmark 'skillful simplicity' of Halo, but giving such a damning opinion on a (lack of) strafe acceleration?

Like I'm sure if 343i devs still lurk this forum, posts like the above got them all like this.

You realise you can just ask me for my reasoning instead of posting some weird passive aggressive indirect reply right? Overwatch and Apex don't have 'fast' strafe acceleration, they have instant strafe acceleration, which makes upclose gun fights an absolute mess, especially on PC where you can spam A&D on the keyboard to dodge bullets instantly with ease. Now apply that to Halo where crouch strafing is very effective and the main utility weapon would ideally be projectile and you have all the ingredients for an absolute mess, players would be able to strafe faster than the bullets could arrive at their location making leading useless and gun battles effectively act like RNG depending on whether the enemy strafes into your incoming shots or not. Not to mention the fact that on a controller the main way to hit shots in Halo is to use your strafe to line up your shots and touch your aimer as little as possible, insant strafe would make that style of aiming feel clumbsy and ineffective especially when taking into account all of the things above. 

I tested Halo 5 with no sprint and high strafe acceleration and even with that games copious amount of aim assist and magnetism it felt absolutely awful to hit shots, feel free to try it for yourself if you really want to though... Really it comes down to this, if you're going to have instant strafe accel you need a lot of aim assist for controllers and hitscan for most weapon, and with Infinite coming to PC the absolute last thing we need is even more aim assist, Apex does a terrible job of balancing M&KB vs controller mainly because of how much aim assist is given to help the player track on controller whilst M&KB users have to try and hit shots with raw input on an opponent that can strafe faster than they can pyshically react, watch Snip3down play Apex and then try to find me someone that can track equally as well on a M&KB, I'll save you the trouble, you can't.

Does Halo need faster strafe acceleration? Sure. But on par with Overwatch and Apex? Hell no.

Also lol at the thought of 343 still lurking this forum, they've been gone for years at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

A reminder that we ususally don't see CoD gameplay until June/July each year. CoD 2019's reveal trailer was 30/05/2019, 6 months before release. Multiplayer reveal was in August.

We also know exactly what kind of game we're getting with CoD so this comparison isn't really useful 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Snip3down play Apex and then try to find me someone that can track equally as well on a M&KB, I'll save you the trouble, you can't.

My boy diegosaurs that’s who! 
@basu good point but what can you do? Guess the only thing we do know is halo infinite will be a hip fire game, oh wait h5 had ads

6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Different when we get a new CoD every single year. Which means that even by August, the latest CoD is 9 months old.

Halo 5 is 54 months old.

4 hours ago, Basu said:

We also know exactly what kind of game we're getting with CoD so this comparison isn't really useful 

Not always - we might be back to a more traditional standard but this last gen's CoD's have had some very... interesting gameplay mechanics.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, _Synapse said:

... 343 can make something tolerable as far as base gameplay goes.

Speak for yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Speak for yourself. 

I think he’s just implying 343 weapon sandbox or hit reg. You can’t deny that h5s sandbox was probably one of the best we ever had. No bloom no spread, just pure aim skill was all that mattered. If the aiming mechanics was like the h5 pc build then I’d of never complained. 

My gosh I sure hope 343 shows legit gameplay and not some gameplay trailer but really is just some cinematic bullshit! 

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You can’t deny that h5s sandbox was probably one of the best we ever had.

How so?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

@Reamis25 I meant in general. I find H5, at it's core, to be a somewhat enjoyable game. No, it's not as enjoyable as certain prior Halo games, but it has it's own merits. 

I'm talking about mismanaging the systems surrounding their game, like leaving ARs and Radar in competitive playlists, Rigid SBMM in social play, no party matching, and forgetting that certain modes exist altogether at launch. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You can’t deny that h5s sandbox was probably one of the best we ever had.

Yes I can. And will.

The Magnum is the only gun they did right. The only gun. And even that one gun is still ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 6

H5 has perhaps the worst sandbox of the whole series. Way too many redundant weapons, with many of them being either too weak or too powerful, but all of them being too easy to use. The pistol is the only weapon that's hard to use. And it sucks compared to the other 80 weapons in it's category.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

You can’t deny that h5s sandbox was probably one of the best we ever had. No bloom no spread, just pure aim skill was all that mattered. 

One good weapon does not make an entire weapon sandbox good

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

How so?

Guns that shoot straight.

What about h5 sandbox was bad? If you mention Autos being op they got nerfed. Other than that? What about it was bad? 
to each their own is all I’ll say 

5 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Bender - Album on Imgur

Like what? I liked h5s weapon sandbox and weapons being easy to use in my opinion is completely irrelevant on how good a sandbox is. 

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 2