CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I think stockpile was too random and doesn’t have the same map control appeal that other obj maps require so I disagree that it could work. Richoette worked very well in the cod games that had advanced movement.

to say that descope isn’t good for halo is so bs I’m sorry. Halo ttk is too long for no descope to not be overpowered. It’s mostly balanced around snipers and even utility battles it’s a good feature. Split gate that halo rip off has no descope and yes it works but the average ttk in that and the movement is very fast. I’ll admit it’s not good for everything example the hydra. 

9 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Ricochet could actually be great the problem is scoring and stopping a score are both too easy. The game just isn't built in a way that makes it easy to make it take real skill to cross map score and then stopping it is just tossing your hitbox in the right direction. Maybe raising the goal to stop goaltending, making the goal smaller, reducing the overall range you can take a shot from and maybe even giving the release of your shot a timing element to make it take some actual skill could help but I'm not sure Halo is the right genre for something like this. Obviously we're still shooting each other so it can't be too difficult but just posting up in the middle of the map and tossing the ball into the sky hoping nobody is standing in their spawn/goal is pretty dumb lol

Oh I would absolutely make changes to the goals. For one, they'd be off the ground so roll-ins wouldn't count. But they'd also be at least 50% smaller, so it did take some skill to aim it. There would still be half-court throws, but because the goal is so much smaller, the throw would have to be more precise. That would mean people moving to particular spots and standing still, just like H1 nade throws. That'd be easy to anticipate and defend against.

I don't mind people playing goalie at all. Eventually that's what's required if you want to stop getting bled dry by throw-ins. And if the goals are in good locations, that means that the guy guarding the goal is vulnerable. At the very least, keeping him back like that surrenders some map control, and the attacking team will set up to play for a run-in. That's where the game really shines imo. Throw-ins are just there to punish negligence and poor positioning, or when an attempted run-in doesn't work out.

You're right, posting up and hucking the ball like that is dumb. Because it stops working very quickly once teams catch on. Ricochet suffers from a perception problem because so many people have barely played it. And if half-court shots continue to be a problem like they were on Warlord when the mode was briefly tested (rolling my eyes as hard as I can rn), then either adjust the goal size/location, or acknowledge that that particular map might be a poor fit for the mode.

I get so irritated when I think about how Snipedown grabbing the ball from bottom mid on Warlord and taking 3 steps, looking at the goal and throwing it in...that's why Ricochet never got a serious look. That's the dumbest shit imaginable. If they were playing it on Shrine like they should have been, with a smaller goal hovering off the ground, people might actually respect the gametype today.

1 hour ago, Exidrion said:

News in July :)

Assuming Halo Infinite launches in Oct/Nov, this game is gonna have a relatively short marketing cycle of 3–5 months, plus the supposed beta they’ll run. We better get a huge dump of info with something like an hour-long gameplay demo.

However long the gameplay dump, as soon as you see sprint, shut off the video and move on.

• Like (+1) 4

What if they demo a campaign mission, never show sprint at all, everybody gets hype and pre-orders to get into the beta just for us to find out sprint is in :kappa:

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Or it's not in campaign but is in multiplayer.

• WutFace (+0) 2

So honest question. The leaks that came out spoke of infinite being no sprint so let’s say these leaks are true, are you “excited” or at the least more interested now? I understand here people are heavily in favor of the classics 1-3 and I guess reach but only the mlg v7 playlist and that’s it. I personally will be hyped if this is the case. 

6 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

So honest question. The leaks that came out spoke of infinite being no sprint so let’s say these leaks are true, are you “excited” or at the least more interested now? I understand here people are heavily in favor of the classics 1-3 and I guess reach but only the mlg v7 playlist and that’s it. I personally will be hyped if this is the case. 

I personally would be extremely hyped, but I'm not even going to entertain the idea of Infinite not having sprint until we see gameplay.

• Like (+1) 2

Okay 100% sprint is in, like there's no way it isn't. 343 is too in love with sprint making people "feel like a super soldier" to take it out. But, with Esports Engine in control could they turn off sprint, granted it'd have to be toggleable like 5. I could probably live with that if the entire game isn't cheeks out of the gate. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Okay 100% sprint is in, like there's no way it isn't. 343 is too in love with sprint making people "feel like a super soldier" to take it out. But, with Esports Engine in control could they turn off sprint, granted it'd have to be toggleable like 5. I could probably live with that if the entire game isn't cheeks out of the gate. 

This has been my hope. If they pull a ZBNS 2.0 we'll have unified classic settings right out of the gate.

4 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Though I can't find the link at the moment, I saw confirmation on Twitter that the leak you shared with the blurry screenshots of a map that looked somewhat like Citadel is footage from this fan project.

Here's a link to the Twitter account of the creator: https://twitter.com/Glitch597O

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Yeah considering the several leaks have mentioned no sprint yeah it’s not 100%. The leaks that had info about them at least. Heck’s one of the leaks mentions how sprint and abilities would still be there but as a custom game option only, which would be hilarious. 
@a Chunk well not all leaks are true and I read the tweet and it was just some guy making a comment. 
lol nvm the guy purposely released that shit to be a troll. Least these other leakers just posted information but didn’t have any images. 
the first leak mentioned two M$ events and that is true. Yeah this guys a piece of shit for that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

Sup Arlong.

If you weren’t gonna say it I was hahaha

Favyn back with another great Halo commentary. Lots of good stuff in here, and ideas I’ve talked about with old Halo fans I know in person. Worth the listen!

• Fire (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Sup Arlong.

I told you I’d be back if halo infinite news came up didn’t I 😜😜😜 be back in July 

• Like (+1) 1

You're fooling yourself if you think Sprint won't be shoved into Infinite 

17 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

You're fooling yourself if you think Sprint won't be shoved into Infinite 

Do you agree that there is a non-zero chance that sprint is not in Infinite?

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Do you agree that there is a non-zero chance that sprint is not in Infinite?

If the percentage is negative yes. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

If the percentage is negative yes. 

So you agree there's a chance, thanks.

2 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

So you agree there's a chance, thanks.

Less than zero =/= there being a chance

3 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Less than zero =/= there being a chance

A non-zero probability does literally mean that there is a chance.

Damn you guys really distrust 343 huh? Lol one time I fell while jogging and I straight up yelled “damnit 343”