CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Call me crazy, but I don't know why everyone here is mad about not receiving enough information for a game you're all convinced will be bad. Unless you're optimistic, it won't really make a difference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Call me crazy, but I don't know why everyone here is mad about not receiving enough information for a game you're all convinced will be bad. Unless you're optimistic, it won't really make a difference.

I get excited for every new Halo game.  I don’t mind not having any information because that just gives my optimism and wonder time to grow before it’s slapped back down to earth by the release of some generic, played-out formula with a Halo skin.  

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

I mean, even if the game's trash, we want the franchise to succeed and make a return at some point in the future. 

The reason that H4 deservedly got ripped on more than Reach was because H4 singlehandedly killed of Halo's population in the span of a few months, not necessarily because it was a worse game. I'll argue to my grave that base H4 is light years ahead of whatever the fuck base Reach was. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

I'll argue to my grave that base H4 is light years ahead of whatever the fuck base Reach was. 

What’s worse:  a sniper you can’t descope or a utility you can’t control?  Do you want to destroy the skill based power weapon or the all purpose utility weapon?  No real point in trying to determine which was worse.  Just learn from those “mistakes” and move on.  

I could at least have fun in obj gametypes in default H4. Default Reach made it impossible to have fun in anything outside of snipers/swat, and the sprint sounds from your teammates made even that pretty difficult.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SpitFlame said:

Most people assume the game will be mediocre at best, but that still means it will be better than H5, which has been dead for years now aside from the small spark that was Mythic. Halo is just so fucking boring now. MCC PC was supposed to bridge the gap until Infinite, but it's been half a year and there's still not even a file share, Forge is still hidden from the menu and "mod support" never went beyond 343 letting us disable anti-cheat. So we have neither MCC to have fun in, nor Infinite to look forward to and H5 is still dog.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Power Glove is an item that enhances battery operated weapons by unlocking their “Power Shot” mode.  With the power glove equipped, the Reload button toggles the battery operated weapon into Power Shot mode.  

The Plasma Pistol launches a Plasma Mortar like a Wraith, after a brief charge up.  

The Focus Rifle charges then fires a powerful burst like the Spartan Laser.  

The Beam Rifle causes 2sk explosive lightning bolts to strike down from the sky on open air maps.  

The Sentinel Beam fires a vampirous beam that heats up and explodes vehicles over time (alt-fire creates an extra large shield in front of the user).  

Instead of lunging, the red-glowing Energy Sword teleports inside the target and cuts his way out like Drax.  

5 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

I swear this is like the third time he's brought this up lol

Same name, different execution.  It’s just a way to make weapons scale better at higher player counts in asymmetric, vehicle heavy gametypes.  

2 hours ago, _Synapse said:

I'll argue to my grave that base H4 is light years ahead of whatever the fuck base Reach was. 

I give a hard, disrespectful disagree. Promethean vision was easily the dumbest thing ever done in a Halo game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

The Power Glove is an item that enhances battery operated weapons by unlocking their “Power Shot” mode.  With the power glove equipped, the Reload button toggles the battery operated weapon into Power Shot mode.  

The Plasma Pistol launches a Plasma Mortar like a Wraith, after a brief charge up.  

The Focus Rifle charges then fires a powerful burst like the Spartan Laser.  

The Beam Rifle causes 2sk explosive lightning bolts to strike down from the sky on open air maps.  

The Sentinel Beam fires a vampirous beam that heats up and explodes vehicles over time (alt-fire creates an extra large shield in front of the user).  

Instead of lunging, the red-glowing Energy Sword teleports inside the target and cuts his way out like Drax.  

What about the eggmobile and Rhonda rifle, were those battery operated?

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

What about the eggmobile and Rhonda rifle, were those battery operated?

Yeah.  I’d love feedback from someone who is intimately familiar with battery operated devices.  You busy?  

• Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I give a hard, disrespectful disagree. Promethean vision was easily the dumbest thing ever done in a Halo game.

Unranked MLG playlist, BLOOM, the worst base movement of any Halo game, camo, jetpack, armor lock, the addition of sprint, easily the worst maps of any Halo game, etc.

I hate H4, but the game's isn't dogshit to the point where merely playing the game makes me angry. Reach is that bad. I can't name a single map on that farce of a game that I enjoy playing. 

Though, Promethean Vision's definitely up there. 

9 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Unranked MLG playlist, BLOOM, the worst base movement of any Halo game, camo, jetpack, armor lock, the addition of sprint, easily the worst maps of any Halo game, etc.

I hate H4, but the game's isn't dogshit to the point where merely playing the game makes me angry. Reach is that bad. I can't name a single map on that farce of a game that I enjoy playing. 

Though, Promethean Vision's definitely up there. 

You think Reach's maps are worse than H4's?

Halo 4 might not have had as much bloom but it was worse in nearly every other regard. The Sprint+AA+instant respawn combo made it a complete cluster fuck alone. It's maps are either as bad or worse than Reachs, it has more AAs, custom classes etc. 

Reach is manageable. You might not enjoy it, but it's far easier to wrap your brain around what's happening. And it has enough gametypes that pull the more fun aspects out of its gameplay imo. Halo 4 has none of that.

There's Armor Lock, but then there's Promethean Vision.

There's Bloom, but then there's no Flag drop.

There's Boardwalk, but then there's Solace.

Pick your poison.

Halo 4 has exactly 2 serviceable maps: Perdition, and the other one is also Perdition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bloom is an awful mechanic but it doesn't fundamentally change how the game itself plays. Making sprint a base mechanic was a far, far more detrimental gameplay decision.

Also do not forget that default H4 was a CoD-style, create-a-class game with perks and armor abilities. It attempted to replace consistent power weapon spawns with random ordnance drops and other "kill streak" weapon drops for god's sake. The entire multiplayer was an abomination. Default Reach sucked but the tweaks needed to fix the game didn't require a complete overhaul of the game itself––they just came too late into its lifecycle.

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

You think Reach's maps are worse than H4's?

If we're talking vanilla Reach, absolutely. The only ones that played somewhat alright were Zealot and Countdown, and even they had their fair share of problems. All of the remaining maps just exacerbate how nauseating base Reach gameplay is, with gems like Sword Base and Boardwalk. 

Don't get me wrong, H4's were terrible too. However, the gunplay and movement not being as bad as Reach didn't magnify how shitty they were. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Every map in H4 apart from Skyline is a BTB map...

Skyline, Haven, Monolith, Adrift, and Pitfall were quasi-tolerable. 

Actually, take Adrift out of there. Promethean vision whoring was the worst on there. 

I had actually forgotten about instant respawn, which may have affected my judgement. Still, the bloom and movement combined with how terrible the maps were and the conscious decision to make swords and shotguns the only power weapons on quite a few maps, really left a shit taste in my mouth. 

• Like (+1) 1

List of Halo 4 maps that weren't terrible - Haven, Pit, Exile (as long as a random binary drop didn't fall into competent hands...), Outcast, Perdition

It wasn't real Halo, but by god did I have a riot with my setup. DMR, Boltshot, stickies, thruster, mobility, and stealth. Felt like a coked out ninja especially on any map with mancannons. It was more fun than Reach.

Until the game snowballed for the enemy team because they'd be gifted power weapons from the gods via the carepackage and/or random map drops. Which was, you know, about 50% the time.

• Simms (+1) 1