CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

26 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

There's zero chance even 343 knows exactly what their launch playlists are yet. It doesn't make any sense for that info to even be leakable at this point.

That's what made me think all this is horseshit too. No way in hell they have the playlists nailed down.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

That list of weapons is horse shit. There might be 70% of that.

It's horseshit. We already know the AR in Infinite is called the MA40 because of the Nerf blaster, and the MA40 isn't mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

That's what made me think all this is horseshit too. No way in hell they have the playlists nailed down.

They usually have playlist figured out 9 months after launch, not 7 months before. :kappa:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 2

Lmao at all the people who think those leaks are real. "No sprint. No loot boxes. 20+ hour campaign." You're deliberately setting yourself up for disappointment if you think any of this is true.

• Like (+1) 3

More accurately

Sprint. Game altering lootboxes, 12 hour campaign most people hate, no party matching

11 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

EWL1WyDUEAED9bk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I like this, so I choose to believe this.

100% fake for a few reasons.

1: No Warzone. Yeah right. The only money maker in Halo 5 is going? Sure.

2: No sprint. 343 LOVE YOU NOT BEING ABLE TO SHOOT.

3: 21 missions? Even with 5-6 years of development, developing a 4k60fps game with 21 missions in that level of fidelity is impossible unless they pull a Halo 1 and re-use entire missions.

• Like (+1) 2

There can't be any good reason why 343i's been withholding so much information about Infinite. There's so much conjecture surrounding the game that most gameplay related discussion on it isn't even about details we already know. 

The only thing they have shown us, is a grappling hook. I don't think that even 343i are batshit crazy enough to make it a base mechanic like sprint or thrust, but that's just giving them credit that they haven't earned. 

We really need a big info dump, and soon. They're shooting themselves in both feet with this stupid approach of only letting minute, trivial details drip with several months in between each piece of info. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

There can't be any good reason why 343i's been withholding so much information about Infinite.

I point you to Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 was long long rumoured to exist, but was officially revealed in February 2011 with a teaser. Now, BF3 was a brand new engine (Frostbite 2) and was built to blow out everything from the water (which is why Halo's new engine has a name, "SlipSpace", because it's supposed to blow everyone away)

The first in-game teaser for BF3 was glimpsed at in February but is only a teaser. Game Informer dropped an info bomb but it was pretty vague stuff. In March they then started releasing the Fault Line gameplay 

It wasn't until June 6, 1944 2011 that they released actual gameplay This matches Halo: Infinite's timeline so far as they specifically stated to wait until E3 2020. The difference is that we have no Q1 reveal. It wasn't until August that Battlefield 3 showed even a second map for it's multiplayer, two months before launch.

The reason I bring this up is because it's a good comparison. A series that was building a brand new engine (Frostpite 2 is waaaaaay different to Frostbite 1 so it basically is a new engine) and relying heavily on the engine to do the marketing. It was also a reboot of the main series after a side shuffle into spin-off territory (Bad Company series and Halo Wars 2).

Now we have two claimed "In-engine" trailers for Infinite but no gameplay yet. To me this means that the game isn't in alpha yet, similar to BF3. They can't show gameplay because the art isn't done, the effects aren't done. 343i are treading on this ice after a lackluster Halo 5 fidelity level, sales and community response in addition to a despicable MCC launch. When they show the gameplay they want it to look damn good but also look accurate to launch.

Battlefield 3's mutliplayer reveal was pre-alpha in June 2011 and honestly it looks like a similar timeline to Halo: Infinite.

However, we are in desperate need of an info drop to have any confidence in this games reputability. Infinite is now 1 month behind BF3's first gameplay reveal (Q1 gameplay reveal for Q4 launch) and is edging towards two months. June is too late to reveal imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I give 343 more shit than probably anyone else here but the constant screeching about not seeing any gameplay yet is dumb. From people who seem resigned to the fact that the game's gonna suck anyway, no less.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I give 343 more shit than probably anyone else here but the constant screeching about not seeing any gameplay yet is dumb. From people who seem resigned to the fact that the game's gonna suck anyway, no less.

It's a forum thread specifically to talk about the game...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

It's hardly gonna "suck anyways", the whole "spiritual reboot" shit seems to have gotten enough people hyped about the game, in addition to it being a PC release. 

I wish they would have employed this PR strategy for past games. I rode the hype trains from the time it left the station all the way to its bitter crash. Man, that was a lot of wasted time being excited for so long.

I'm not excited for Infinite now but then there's not really anything to be excited about at all. Whenever/if there is, it'll only be about 5-6 months of waiting.

My only somewhat realistic hopes are that thrust isn’t a base trait, and I can aim my fucking weapon. If it weren’t for those two things, I could have found a way to love H5 for what it was.

I think there’s a chance those things happen, and that’s why I’m still pretty excited about Infinite.

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

My only somewhat realistic hopes are that thrust isn’t a base trait

This is why Armor Abilities and Equipment are good for Halo:  they can be disabled.  

Arena has classic movement.  Invasion gives each species an armor ability off spawn.  

Spartan - Thrust 

Elite - Evade 

Brute - Gravity Boots (high-jump, hover, ground-stomp)

Promethean - Teleport 

Where armor abilities all are movement related (typically short quick bursts of movement), Equipment can be offensive, defensive, provide the user with information, feed the enemy with misinformation, modify the map, activate a scripted event, etc.  These two systems allow the user to perform a plethora of actions that gun, grenade and melee or run, jump, and crouch do not cover. 

We have next to no info about Halo Sprintfinite and given Frankie has said something about building from H5 I have minimal interest in the game. Some gameplay, info dump, something would at least pique my interest. Because despite my general dislike of Halo 5 as a whole, I think it was an okay game just not a good Halo game. With some tweaks I think Sprintfinite could be really fun compared to Halo 5, but with nothing to go on I can only assume a few things.

1. Sprint is in 

2. 343 keeps in useless animations

That's about it. This is the least hyped I've been for a main Halo game ever. 

I agree with @S0UL FLAME and a delay would not shock me in the slightest. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I point you to Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 was long long rumoured to exist, but was officially revealed in February 2011 with a teaser. Now, BF3 was a brand new engine (Frostbite 2) and was built to blow out everything from the water (which is why Halo's new engine has a name, "SlipSpace", because it's supposed to blow everyone away)

The first in-game teaser for BF3 was glimpsed at in February but is only a teaser. Game Informer dropped an info bomb but it was pretty vague stuff. In March they then started releasing the Fault Line gameplay 

It wasn't until June 6, 1944 2011 that they released actual gameplay This matches Halo: Infinite's timeline so far as they specifically stated to wait until E3 2020. The difference is that we have no Q1 reveal. It wasn't until August that Battlefield 3 showed even a second map for it's multiplayer, two months before launch.

The reason I bring this up is because it's a good comparison. A series that was building a brand new engine (Frostpite 2 is waaaaaay different to Frostbite 1 so it basically is a new engine) and relying heavily on the engine to do the marketing. It was also a reboot of the main series after a side shuffle into spin-off territory (Bad Company series and Halo Wars 2).

Now we have two claimed "In-engine" trailers for Infinite but no gameplay yet. To me this means that the game isn't in alpha yet, similar to BF3. They can't show gameplay because the art isn't done, the effects aren't done. 343i are treading on this ice after a lackluster Halo 5 fidelity level, sales and community response in addition to a despicable MCC launch. When they show the gameplay they want it to look damn good but also look accurate to launch.

Battlefield 3's mutliplayer reveal was pre-alpha in June 2011 and honestly it looks like a similar timeline to Halo: Infinite.

However, we are in desperate need of an info drop to have any confidence in this games reputability. Infinite is now 1 month behind BF3's first gameplay reveal (Q1 gameplay reveal for Q4 launch) and is edging towards two months. June is too late to reveal imo.

Lack of information is totally contextual upon which developer we're talking about I think. Elden Ring is slated for release very soon and we've seen dick bumpkiss about it, less than Infinite... But honestly that makes it cooler to me because it's Fromsoft and I trust them lmao it honestly makes me excited. If a competent developer pulls this strategy it's because they know the game is awesome. If a bad developer doesn't show anything it's more likely because they have nothing to show, in this case 343. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, this whole covid thing is probably lookin real convenient for 343 right about now...

Imagine a six year gap. Imagine.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

This is why Armor Abilities and Equipment are good for Halo:  they can be disabled.  

Arena has classic movement.  Invasion gives each species an armor ability off spawn.  

Spartan - Thrust 

Elite - Evade 

Brute - Gravity Boots (high-jump, hover, ground-stomp)

Promethean - Teleport 

Where armor abilities all are movement related (typically short quick bursts of movement), Equipment can be offensive, defensive, provide the user with information, feed the enemy with misinformation, modify the map, activate a scripted event, etc.  These two systems allow the user to perform a plethora of actions that gun, grenade and melee or run, jump, and crouch do not cover. 

Armor abilities are NOT good for Halo. Were you even around for Reach and H4? Unequal starts are terrible and maps have to be designed to accommodate all of these abilities, leading to homogenization on par with H5. The only acceptable way to deploy mechanics like that are as on-map equipment, so you can control what appears on what map, and how often. You pick a jetpack up off the map, it has X amount of juice in it, when it runs out it disappears. That's it. No recharging.

37 minutes ago, Exidrion said:

Yeah, this whole covid thing is probably lookin real convenient for 343 right about now...

Imagine a six year gap. Imagine.

I know, we should be in Year 2 of some half-baked, slapped-together, shitbox sequel to H5 right now. How dare 343 deprive us of that.

• Fire (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I know, we should be in Year 2 of some half-baked, slapped-together, shitbox sequel to H5 right now. How dare 343 deprive us of that.

what are you on about everyone here knows you're going to hate it no matter what

• Fire (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Armor abilities are NOT good for Halo. Were you even around for Reach and H4? Unequal starts are terrible and maps have to be designed to accommodate all of these abilities, leading to homogenization on par with H5. The only acceptable way to deploy mechanics like that are as on-map equipment, so you can control what appears on what map, and how often. You pick a jetpack up off the map, it has X amount of juice in it, when it runs out it disappears. That's it. No recharging.

Do you think infantry-vehicle interactions are well balanced in Halo?  

Just now, Boyo said:

Do you think infantry-vehicle interactions are well balanced in Halo?  

H3 nailed infantry-vehicle interactions. H2 favors vehicles too much, H4 favors infantry too much. All other games are in the middle somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

H3 nailed infantry-vehicle interactions. H2 favors vehicles too much, H4 favors infantry too much. All other games are in the middle somewhere.

In a large scale, vehicle heavy mode, do you think the balance between infantry and vehicles would be better if all players could perform a juke or combat roll?  Spartans vs Elites.  Spartans can Thrust.  Elites can Evade.  These abilities are similar enough to operate smoothly on the same map but have key differences that make each unique.