CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

It feels so good to just see console gamers in recent years really start to notice and complain about frame rates, field of view, refresh rates etc. There was a time when you could say all of that shit and unless you were talking to maybe somewhat more knowledgeable people (who probably primarily played PC games) they just wouldn't care. Things like the FoV in Halo 3 were a disservice to eyes everywhere 

In addition to FOV, The weapon first person models took up almost a fifth of the whole screen. It's one of the most annoying things you'll notice in Octagon. 

• Like (+1) 1

Infiltration 

Prometheans are infiltrators.  

Like a Spartan can Thrust, a Promethean can Teleport, instantly moving the user a short distance.  Unlike Thrust, Teleport can move the user through walls.  This is the simplest form of infiltration.  Walk up to a wall, teleport through it.  

When a Spartan crouches, he reduces the size of his hitbox.  Instead of crouching, a Promethean transforms into a small ball that can roll around and jump but not attack.  A Sphere can access unique paths, able to travel through entrances that are too small for a biped to fit through.  Transform into a ball, roll through a hole in the wall.  

The Tele Link armor ability instantly transports the user to the nearest available Exit Node.  Using Teleport and Sphere, a single Promethean can infiltrate an area with the goal of unblocking the exit node so the rest of his squad can Tele Link in.  

Glider is activated by pressing the Jump button while airborne.  It reduces descent speed and increases forward movement speed.  The user has increased control and maneuverability while airborne.  A Promethean could Tele Link to a high elevation perch then jump off and glide forward through the air.  

Maps may also feature “Smoke Stacks”, tall thin structures that exhaust gasses upward.  A Promethean can Teleport into a sealed Smoke Stack then activate Glider to be carried upward before gliding forward.  The high altitude combined with the silent movement of a Glider allow Prometheans to move stealthily, even in the air. 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, Shekkles said:

The Halo: Infinite trailer will be hype af for 25 seconds until the 'chief starts sprinting

I'll never forget being on this site after they first teased that Screenshot of Midship being in H5 and how hyped people were. Then the multiplayer gameplay leaked with sprint. I was so so pissed off, even remember where I was when I saw the gif or whatever it was. 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:12 AM, Mow said:

Halo Infinite will have sprint, you should probably get over that fact whilst you can tbh, as unfortunate as it is.

Almost surely. My only hope is that they separate Competitive from Campaign, Social, and BigTeam. That is the only chance. The Universal settings experiment that was H5 was a relative failure, neither side was satisfied completely. I don't care in the slightest if Sprint is in the game or in most of the online matchmaking modes as long as a relatively "classic" Competitive Halo experience is there as well. 

Regardless, a server browser and an extremely advanced Forge are pretty much certain (mods are probable as well, imo), so people will be able to play whatever they want in the end. 

I expect Infinite to be around and supported for a while (hence the name). In the end, the player base will naturally gravitate towards the online experience they want to play regardless of what it provided or forced upon them at launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo infinite should just have sprint for BTB and warzone, invasion(if they have it) and classic for 4v4. Heck’s the only crowd that ever wanted sprint in halo was btb people anyway 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, Arlong said:

Halo infinite should just have sprint for BTB and warzone, invasion(if they have it) and classic for 4v4

no it shouldn't

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

no it shouldn't

Whatever not debating this since every time you people come up with stupid arguments that are unrealistic AF. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Whatever not debating this since every time you people come up with stupid arguments that are unrealistic AF. 

if you knew that why did you even post

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

if you knew that why did you even post

Because I felt like it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

There are three “melee weapons” that can enhance the standard melee attack:  Energy Sword, Gravity Gauntlet, and Lightblade.  Unlike traditional weapons, these items are pieces of armor; to be worn, not held.  

The Energy Sword is emitted from a piece of armor around the player’s left forearm.  It does not interfere with his ability to throw grenades.  Pressing the melee button lunges at a proximate targeted enemy, killing in one hit.  

The Gravity Gauntlet is worn on the player’s right forearm so it always points wherever his weapon points.  It does not interfere with his ability to fire.  Pressing the melee button instantly launches a “Gravity Fist” forward from the player’s right hand.  This translucent, gravitational mold of the user’s fist slowly travels a short distance before disappearing.  Players struck by the projectile are knocked back, killed in two direct hits.  

Impact from a Gravity Fist will stop a lunging Energy Sword in its tracks.  If utilized correctly, the Gravity Fist’s splash knockback can launch the user into the air, higher than a standard jump.  Where the sword pulls you forward, the fist pushes you away.  

The Lightblade protrudes from the user’s left wrist out over of the back of his hand.  Melee performs a wide, horizontal, backhand swipe from right to left.  Successfully striking a player begins the user’s shield recharge but still requires two hits to kill.  

In campaign, the Lightblade also allows the user to interface with certain Promethean computer systems. 

original-robocop-reaction-middle-finger-

1 hour ago, HeX Reapers said:

arlong everybody

Ohh and you’re so special, get over yourself 

41 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ohh and you’re so special, get over yourself 

I think we can all agree that you're the special one

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

WHO YOU CALLING "YOU PEOPLE"?

39 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

WHO YOU CALLING "YOU PEOPLE"?

You’re white that comment has no affect on you lol. 

• Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5

22 hours ago, NAK said:

The Universal settings experiment that was H5 was a relative failure

Bad universal settings are bad universal settings.

Good universal settings work universally.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

You’re white that comment has no affect on you lol. 

Look at you assuming

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Look at you assuming

Hmm he’s Australian so the chances of him being something else is low like very low. 

2 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

Bad universal settings are bad universal settings.

Good universal settings work universally.

What do you think the universal movement settings should be?  

I see three general paths for movement.  Run and Jump (classic movement) is on one end of the spectrum while Sprint and Jetpack are on the other.  A middle ground of Thrust and Double Jump exists between them.  

Alternatively, advanced movement could be restricted to certain weapons, ie Bruteshot jumping or to trick jumps a la guardian gold.  

Or everyone could start out with classic movement and pick new movement abilities up off the map.  What kind of abilities should be available to fight over?  

44 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think the universal movement settings should be?  

I see three general paths for movement.  Run and Jump (classic movement) is on one end of the spectrum while Sprint and Jetpack are on the other.  A middle ground of Thrust and Double Jump exists between them.  

Alternatively, advanced movement could be restricted to certain weapons, ie Bruteshot jumping or to trick jumps a la guardian gold.  

Or everyone could start out with classic movement and pick new movement abilities up off the map.  What kind of abilities should be available to fight over?  

A good base movement speed eliminates the need for Sprint.  Even saying "Leave Sprint to the BTB crowd" is ignorant because BTB has vehicles.  If you want to get from Point A to Point B faster, use a fucking Gungoose, hell they PUT GUNS ON THE FUCKING MONGOOSE SO YOU CAN DO IT.

That said, I'm of the opinion that a movement skill gap is the highest form of skill gap in a game, so I'm always in favor of micromanagement ways of increasing your movement, even if it's a temporary boost, so long as they don't interfere with your ability to do combat.  Tribes had this with skating (and could be buffed with rocketjumping).  Older arena shooters had this with strafejumping (often confused with bunnyhopping).  I'm not sure how you could implement it in a console Halo -without- being invasive from a control standpoint, but I think finding a way to carry momentum or shift momentum instantly -and- directionally would be interesting.

A sort of half-way point between how Thrust works and just base movement -- you push a button as you change movement directions and your momentum carries over wholly.  Would be great for strafe battles where you lose no speed in a juke, great for turning corners in a flee, great for an attempted ninja around a corner as your full momentum just jukes backwards...  But not an actual thrust that gives you additional push in that direction.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

use a fucking Gungoose, hell they PUT GUNS ON THE FUCKING MONGOOSE SO YOU CAN DO IT.

What do you think of the gun goose?  Is it an uninspired abomination that undermines the original purpose of a mongoose or does it genuinely fill a role that vehicular gameplay was lacking in?  Where else do you think vehicular gameplay is lacking and how could it be improved upon?  

The problem with a lack of sprint is the general speed of things. In halo bms is low. Like not one halo has had a fast bms and even mlg 110 is low as shit. 

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

The problem with a lack of sprint is the general speed of things. In halo bms is low. Like not one halo has had a fast bms and even mlg 110 is low as shit. 

We'd like to keep it that way. It's not Quake. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Arlong said:

How the fuck does sprint solve this when maps are stretched to compensate? It's the same amount of time with less shooting and maneuverability. Why do we have to slow down the game to feel fast? Especially when we can solve the issue by raising FOV? Even in BTB there are things like light vehicles and man cannons to decrease travel time without breaking the entire sandbox.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

We'd like to keep it that way. It's not Quake. 

Oh I agree but we need something quick. The problem is people here don’t seem to understand the 4v4 competitive isn’t the only players here. Try making warzone work with no sprint I dare you to try. BTB didn’t work either in other halo games compared to what we got now. Doom honestly would be the bms halo would need for shit to work for all modes

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

How the fuck does sprint solve this when maps are stretched to compensate? It's the same amount of time with less shooting and maneuverability. Why do we have to slow down the game to feel fast? Especially when we can solve the issue by raising FOV?

1. How high are we talking here? You act like the game should be played at fucking 120+ fov when the most realistic is like 105 at best! 
2. They’re stretched the fuck out so the maps are BIG you fool! This makes the gameplay good for vehicles and gives infantry a chance at moving on the damn thing properly. There aren’t constant man cannons and teleport lees everywhere ! Many BTB maps could work with sprint and some did! H3 Valhalla which was a 1:1 remake in h4 played fucking great! Sprint didn’t ruin the map. Sprint hasn’t even made btb bad or anything and you act like it does for no reason than to hate sprint. This would be a compromise that would work for everyone! This wouldn’t split the fucking community either. The people who actually want sprint in halo would get it, and the people who don’t want it would also get it! The people who want no sprint halo(you me etc) play 4v4 more than anything, and that’s what most  care about. You’re a fucking lunatic how you praise h1 btb maps for their giant ness and think those play fine, when I know damn well sprint would make those he’ll of a lot more tolerable.