CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Project M just got updated after 4 years! :weback:

How did they get past that Nintendo shutdown?

8 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

How did they get past that Nintendo shutdown?

To my knowledge their public statement was fear of a shutdown. There's also theories that it was more of an internal dispute among team members than anything to do with Nintendo. P+ is a new team with some old PMDT members.

So when’s Microsoft doing their presentation? I know M$ said they’d do their own live stream to show off their shit, and they just recently sent the Xbox series X to you tubers, to show off. So that makes me wonder if M$ will just maybe let 343 do their own thing, which would give 343 more than a typical 3-5 minutes to show off what they’ve been doing for the past 5 years. 

This gametype mixes bits of Extraction, Juggernaut, and Hill.  

To arm a site, a player must stand next to it and hold X, temporarily sacrificing his movement and attack capabilities.  The player who arms the site becomes tethered to it, unable to move more than a short distance away from the site.  In consolation, the tethered player is given a recharging single layer overshield and a custom weapon set.  His team earns a point each second he stays alive.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

To arm a site, a player must stand next to it and hold X, temporarily sacrificing his movement and attack capabilities.  The player who arms the site becomes tethered to it, unable to move more than a short distance away from the site.  In consolation, the tethered player is given a recharging single layer overshield and a custom weapon set.  His team earns a point each second he stays alive.  

You know for once you came up with something that doesn’t sound ridiculous and unrealistic. 

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

Extruggernill

18 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Extruggernill

It’s my leashed favorite gametype.  

On 3/17/2020 at 11:31 AM, Boyo said:

While riding on sand, the Chopper can perform a maneuver that moves it forward via an underground route.  L3 causes the Chopper to nosedive down into the sand and quickly disappear beneath it.  A moment later, the Chopper pops back up a short distance ahead.  

Much like a dog who digs under a fence to escape the backyard, the Chopper can dive under walls on a sand map.  

No.

Thats like a free 2 seconds on your shield recharge delay whenever you need it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

No.

Thats like a free 2 seconds on your shield recharge delay whenever you need it.

The dolphin spends the majority of its time underwater but can occasionally pop into the air for a moment.  The Chopper is similar.  It spends the majority of its time on top of the sand but can occasionally pop underneath for a moment.  

I image the Chopper’s dive maneuver occurring in less than one second (just long enough that while traveling at full speed, diving moves the vehicle far enough underground that it can bypass the forge object “Boulder, Medium”).  The way I see it, diving shouldn’t even slow the vehicle down really.  It’s just a quick dip while traveling forward.  Like a jet ski quickly going beneath the water before popping back out again.  

Aside from the brief period when the vehicle leaves the playable map space, do you have any other objections to the Chopper bypassing objects on sand maps by diving under them?  

If devs were to implement deliberate button glitches in Infinite, what do you think about a button glitch that locks the user into their scope for a 1.5 second time period? I'd make it about as difficult as double-shotting on OG Halo 2. 

I think something like (recon for reference) B-RS would be the base for the combo, with the user being locked into scope for the duration of the melee animation as well as it's cooldown. The timing would require between 0-50 milliseconds in between the melee and the scoping in. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I sure hope the graphics are really good for infinite. Like as good as h5 beta or vastly better. 

1 hour ago, _Synapse said:

If devs were to implement deliberate button glitches in Infinite, what do you think about a button glitch that locks the user into their scope for a 1.5 second time period? I'd make it about as difficult as double-shotting on OG Halo 2. 

I think something like (recon for reference) B-RS would be the base for the combo, with the user being locked into scope for the duration of the melee animation as well as it's cooldown. The timing would require between 0-50 milliseconds in between the melee and the scoping in. 

What is the purpose?  To be able to fire without being descoped?  

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

What is the purpose?  To be able to fire without being descoped?  

Yes

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

I sure hope the graphics are really good for infinite. Like as good as h5 beta or vastly better. 

Well Halo 5's we're average by any standard so "above average" is what you described.

10 hours ago, Boyo said:

The dolphin spends the majority of its time underwater but can occasionally pop into the air for a moment.  The Chopper is similar.  It spends the majority of its time on top of the sand but can occasionally pop underneath for a moment.  

I image the Chopper’s dive maneuver occurring in less than one second (just long enough that while traveling at full speed, diving moves the vehicle far enough underground that it can bypass the forge object “Boulder, Medium”).  The way I see it, diving shouldn’t even slow the vehicle down really.  It’s just a quick dip while traveling forward.  Like a jet ski quickly going beneath the water before popping back out again.  

Aside from the brief period when the vehicle leaves the playable map space, do you have any other objections to the Chopper bypassing objects on sand maps by diving under them?  

No but the benefits are outweighed by the cheese factor of having poor man’s armor lock every time you lose your shields.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

No but the benefits are outweighed by the cheese factor of having poor man’s armor lock every time you lose your shields.

Perhaps this could be fixed by making the underground travel do some damage to the user? Not a ridiculous amount obviously, just enough to discourage cheap escape. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone feel that they should permanently increase BTB player counts to 16v16? 

You can definitely have fun on 8v8, but adding more players allows for the BTB maps to be scaled up in terms of size, geometry, weaponry, and combat - which is the main reason that BTB is enjoyable in the first place. 

There's a diamond mine of potential in Halo's equipment and vehicle sandbox for BTB that could be best exploited with larger player counts. 

Maps with greatly expanded verticality, maps that are more vertical than they are flat, deep subterranean combat + dogfights for aerial supremacy, the addition of every vehicle Halo has ever had in a unique and balanced sandbox, incredibly tense moments in BTB Objective, underwater combat, ship-to-ship combat + spawn mechanics, stuff like anti-air emplacements and scarabs/mammoths being used, actually formidable AI, equipment actually being important and designed for a wider variety of uses, vehicles meant specifically for troop carrying, etc. are all things that are possible with 32 and above player counts. 

Warzone was fine for what it was (outside of the terrible REQ system and garbage maps), but it was pretty tame in terms of creativity.

Invasion was hot garbage. Everyone I've spoken to agrees that Invasion was a cool idea in theory, that was horribly executed. The only reason that it appears popular is because of r/Halo tards screaming about muh dinos. 

If they released something for Infinite at the scale I'm talking about- maybe as a 70 something dollar DLC, I'd play the hell out of it. Might not even touch other playlists again. 

Kick up the max player count in customs/forge just for funzies, but dev resources shouldn't go to designing maps for player counts that big unless the entire game is meant to be played at that scale.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Anyone feel that they should permanently increase BTB player counts to 16v16? 

You can definitely have fun on 8v8, but adding more players allows for the BTB maps to be scaled up in terms of size, geometry, weaponry, and combat - which is the main reason that BTB is enjoyable in the first place. 

There's a diamond mine of potential in Halo's equipment and vehicle sandbox for BTB that could be best exploited with larger player counts. 

Maps with greatly expanded verticality, maps that are more vertical than they are flat, deep subterranean combat + dogfights for aerial supremacy, the addition of every vehicle Halo has ever had in a unique and balanced sandbox, incredibly tense moments in BTB Objective, underwater combat, ship-to-ship combat + spawn mechanics, stuff like anti-air emplacements and scarabs/mammoths being used, actually formidable AI, equipment actually being important and designed for a wider variety of uses, vehicles meant specifically for troop carrying, etc. are all things that are possible with 32 and above player counts. 

Warzone was fine for what it was (outside of the terrible REQ system and garbage maps), but it was pretty tame in terms of creativity.

Invasion was hot garbage. Everyone I've spoken to agrees that Invasion was a cool idea in theory, that was horribly executed. The only reason that it appears popular is because of r/Halo tards screaming about muh dinos. 

If they released something for Infinite at the scale I'm talking about- maybe as a 70 something dollar DLC, I'd play the hell out of it. Might not even touch other playlists again. 

This is a pretty good idea honestly. There s a lot more you can do with the maps if it were 16v16 and it would differentiate it even more from 4v4/arena Halo, which I think benifits both sides. 

8 hours ago, _Synapse said:

Halo can barely maintain a population in the base game.  How many players do you think a $70 DLC would have?  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Halo can barely maintain a population in the base game.  How many players do you think a $70 DLC would have?  

What I meant was that I personally would be willing to pay upto 70$ for a DLC if it were to the caliber of what I wanted in my post. Not the ideal way to release content of this scale, but it'd have to be a post-launch DLC of some sort. 

It'd take too many dev resources to release at launch, and that time's better spent on fleshing out the game's systems and playlists. 

40 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It'd take too many dev resources to release at launch, and that time's better spent on fleshing out the game's systems and playlists. 

How do you envision the systems for this large scale game mode functioning?  

In Arena, you can’t choose your spawn weapon and all other items are pick ups.  Are there classes/loadouts in this game mode?  How are items obtained?  Only pick ups or is there a killstreak/ordnance system too?  Do you use the same sandbox that was designed for arena or are there exclusive items?  Do you play the same gametypes as arena or does this mode have gametypes that are tailored towards its increased player and vehicle count?  Do players move just like they do in arena or are there unique abilities in this epic battle mode?  

Man Doom eternal movement looks fast as hell. The game speed is light years ahead of 343 sprinty halo games, H5 looks like a joke in comparison. Amazing what buffing the movement/strafe speed does to a shooter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, _Synapse said:

How dare...