LB - Jump (Aerial Enhancement) 

A - Cycle grenade types 

B - Armor Ability 

X - Reload 

Y - Switch weapons 

L3 - Crouch (Transformer) 

R3 - Melee (Melee weapon) 

Arena Pick Ups 

Aerial Enhancements are activated with the jump button while airborne.  

Jetpack - moves the user upward  

Glider - decreases descent speed and increases forward movement speed, increased control and maneuverability 

Melee weapons are activated with the melee button.  

Lightblade - successful melee strikes begin the user’s shield recharge 

Energy Gauntlet - lunges at a proximate targeted enemy, kills in one hit 

Transformers are activated with the crouch button.  

Camo - crouching also activates camo 

Sphere - shrinks and transforms the player model into a ball that can roll around and jump but not attack (unlocks unique routes and movement options) 

Armor Abilities are activated with the armor ability button.  

Thrust

Evade

Teleport (like thrust but instant) 

Gravity Gauntlet (lunge) 

Gravity Boots (high jump) 

Televate (teleport jump) 

Thermal Scan (reveals recent enemy footprints) 

Hologram (hold for Body Double) 

Hardlight Shield 

Power Drain 

Pulse Orb (reach grenade launcher) 

Artifact (activates scripted map event) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude you come up with the most random shit I swear to god. Like this stuff doesn’t even sound like it would work in ANY game I’m sorry. Haha

On 3/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, Knighty Knight said:

Someone mentioned having a Halo ring as the map. Obviously not to scale but just big enough to fit in ALL the competitive maps as point locations similar to Call of Duty's Blackout. You could have ODST drop pods in the beginning and at the end a pelican to take you off. I think it would work if it were F2P and the micro transactions were smart. 

The creator of cursed halo has actually done this with the map, hang em high

36m31s ZDFVrwe.png

it's on the outside because he couldn't make it work on the inside

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Logistically it would be a complete nightmare, but if there was some sort of game mode where hundreds of people could play a game (either 1-life or a persistent Tour de Walsh deal) on a Halo ring that was made up of every arena-sized map from a particular game (such that there would be six/seven different available maps in rotation), that would be boss as fuck.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Logistically it would be a complete nightmare, but if there was some sort of game mode where hundreds of people could play a game (either 1-life or a persistent Tour de Walsh deal) on a Halo ring that was made up of every arena-sized map from a particular game (such that there would be six/seven different available maps in rotation), that would be boss as fuck.

Are players stuck on the map they spawn on or can they travel between them?  If so, how do players travel from lockout to guardian?

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Are players stuck on the map they spawn on or can they travel between them?  If so, how do players travel from lockout to guardian?

Travel between. And it'd be on the inside of the ring, so you could look up and see the other maps and shit. Would be dope as fuck. Obviously it'd be incredibly tedious to port those maps over and give them curvature (maybe that's not even strictly necessary), but at this point I'd love it if 343 actually worked on something worthwhile.

43 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Travel between. And it'd be on the inside of the ring, so you could look up and see the other maps and shit. Would be dope as fuck. Obviously it'd be incredibly tedious to port those maps over and give them curvature (maybe that's not even strictly necessary), but at this point I'd love it if 343 actually worked on something worthwhile.

The thing that worries me is that a Sniper could sit in an isolated corner of one map and snipe players on all the other maps inside the ring.  If the maps were located on the ring’s outer surface then players would only be able to see the neighboring two maps and likely not even the entire maps.  

One thing I always thought would be cool is an Invasion style, multi phase stage that is comprised of three classic maps.  You land on the shores of Zanzibar, fight your way across Valhalla, then finally assault the base on High Ground (or something like that).   

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

The thing that worries me is that a Sniper could sit in an isolated corner of one map and snipe players on all the other maps inside the ring.  If the maps were located on the ring’s outer surface then players would only be able to see the neighboring two maps and likely not even the entire maps.  

One thing I always thought would be cool is an Invasion style, multi phase stage that is comprised of three classic maps.  You land on the shores of Zanzibar, fight your way across Valhalla, then finally assault the base on High Ground (or something like that).   

I would assume that it would be so far away that you couldn't even see players on another map. And yes that idea sounds so much better and more accessible than some BS like Warzone.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

It would be like Apex - very difficult to land long distance snipes.

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

It would be like Apex - very difficult to land long distance snipes.

So are we adding bullet drop to halo now? 

35 minutes ago, Arlong said:

So are we adding bullet drop to halo now? 

Yeah like if you’re reloading the Shotgun and get hit you drop the bullet you’re loading into the gun.  

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

That would be sick.

I think that kind of leading would upset many in halo. I mean do any arena games have bullet drop? 

40 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I think that kind of leading would upset many in halo. I mean do any arena games have bullet drop? 

Not that I know of besides the more specific weapons like grenade launchers. 

If we had (imo) the dream utility of projectile 4sk 2x/3x zoom DMR or magnum, add a touch of bullet drop so that BTB had less cross mapping that'd be sick.

Again, it'd only drop off after a fair distance, say 200m. Before then it's dead straight so 4v4 arena isn't affected.

• Like (+1) 5

Lets just design maps and weapons that make sense and back away from adding even more mechanics to bullets before we've gotten the basics down

• Simms (+1) 1

On a map the size I posted, you'd have to lead the snipe like a half second in advance to get a kill lol. you won't be sniping kids from a corner. I'd say you could also just decrease the range but i think trying to lead half a second is more fun.

Bullet drop aint needed on any current halo map. it could get added i guess if we go BR mode. Or they could just make the bullet slow down the further it goes. 

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Lets just design maps and weapons that make sense and back away from adding even more mechanics to bullets before we've gotten the basics down

Yes but change without refining is the Halo way

• Like (+1) 3

Picture a map like Sandtrap, where the majority of the ground is sand.  On this map, there is a certain location with a hole in the ground.  A player who falls into this special hole becomes the Sandman, merging and becoming one with the sandy ground.  

The user’s player model is removed from the map and his ability to perform traditional attacks is disabled.  The user can quickly travel over any sandy surface like an invisible vehicle with the only indication of his presence being a ripple in the sand.  

LB opens up a stationary Sarlacc pit that can swallow vehicles whole.  The user can be damaged by grenades thrown into the pit.  

RB causes the Sandman to emerge.  The Sandman is the upper half of a large humanoid creature made of sand.  LT sweeps both hands outward over ground level and claps them together.  RT spits a stream of damaging sand forward.  

When a player becomes the Sandman, the entrance hole closes.  It remains shut until the current user is finished and it eventually respawns, opening back up again.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

A weapon whose ammunition is gathered from the environment.  The type of ammunition gathered is dependent on the type of environment it was harvested from.  For example, harvesting sand from a sand map turns the weapon into a Sand Blaster.  

While standing on sand, X refills the weapon’s ammo supply.  

RT semi automatically fires glass projectiles that are headshot capable.  

Holding LT sprays a wide angle blanket of sand a short distance.  While holding LT, pulling RT begins to tighten the spread, extending its effective range.  Holding RT all the way down fires a concentrated stream a long distance.  

On 3/15/2020 at 10:04 AM, Boyo said:

Picture a map like Sandtrap, where the majority of the ground is sand.  On this map, there is a certain location with a hole in the ground.  A player who falls into this special hole becomes the Sandman, merging and becoming one with the sandy ground.  

The user’s player model is removed from the map and his ability to perform traditional attacks is disabled.  The user can quickly travel over any sandy surface like an invisible vehicle with the only indication of his presence being a ripple in the sand.  

LB opens up a stationary Sarlacc pit that can swallow vehicles whole.  The user can be damaged by grenades thrown into the pit.  

RB causes the Sandman to emerge.  The Sandman is the upper half of a large humanoid creature made of sand.  LT sweeps both hands outward over ground level and claps them together.  RT spits a stream of damaging sand forward.  

When a player becomes the Sandman, the entrance hole closes.  It remains shut until the current user is finished and it eventually respawns, opening back up again.  

Damn shame that the Nintendo DS version of Halo was never released. Halo could've influenced Mario Party and you would've been the design director. You clown.

• Like (+1) 1

While riding on sand, the Chopper can perform a maneuver that moves it forward via an underground route.  L3 causes the Chopper to nosedive down into the sand and quickly disappear beneath it.  A moment later, the Chopper pops back up a short distance ahead.  

Much like a dog who digs under a fence to escape the backyard, the Chopper can dive under walls on a sand map.