CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Imagine having an opinion and questioning the information that would go against what you believe, being provided the information, then still claiming it's never happened because you don't have the time to read or watch what was given to you.

Regardless of whether or not you want, or have the time, to watch everything is irrelevant. You were provided with facts that went against your opinion, so stop claiming it's never happened. 

• Like (+1) 6

Suck and Blow (Armor Ability) 

LB attracts proximate weapon, power up, or objective pick ups.  

RB repulses proximate grenades and projectiles. 

5 hours ago, JordanB said:

Imagine having an opinion and questioning the information that would go against what you believe, being provided the information, then still claiming it's never happened because you don't have the time to read or watch what was given to you.

Regardless of whether or not you want, or have the time, to watch everything is irrelevant. You were provided with facts that went against your opinion, so stop claiming it's never happened. 

I just wanted to know the specifics. I’m not gonna look it up personally. You want to prove someone wrong you gotta provide the info. I wasn’t denying the facts. And none of them specifically the last month of development before release.

6 hours ago, JordanB said:

You’re the type of person who refuses even when you’re supposed facts aren’t actually facts. I asked for specific info regarding noticeable game changes a month before release. Also I guess I should clarify this change is something is very significant to the point it’s a different game from its beta or something.

the reason you don’t provide this info is because your ass doesn’t know where it is! 

Let's ignore the fact that you kneejerk replied TWICE.

So let's go back and look at my post where I linked this article about Anthem:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong/

And there is this exact quote from the story:

Just a couple months before Anthem shipped, decisions were still being finalised and overhauled. At one point, for example, the leadership team realised that there was no place in the game to show off your gear, which was a problem for a game in which the long-term monetisation was all based on cosmetics.

There is your damn example. Now stop accusing others of failing to do what you can't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Let's ignore the fact that you kneejerk replied TWICE.

So let's go back and look at my post where I linked this article about Anthem:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong/

And there is this exact quote from the story:

Just a couple months before Anthem shipped, decisions were still being finalised and overhauled. At one point, for example, the leadership team realised that there was no place in the game to show off your gear, which was a problem for a game in which the long-term monetisation was all based on cosmetics.

There is your damn example. Now stop accusing others of failing to do what you can't.

Couple months. That’s “two” not one, but  two! But it still holds weight that games can change in short amount of time.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Couple months. That’s “two” not one, but  two! But it still holds weight that games can change in short amount of time.

Where do you think "day one patches" come from?

It's not from the content being ready 30 days before release. Sorry one of the 10 articles you didn't read wasn't specific enough to answer the question you're too lazy to look up.

• Fire (+1) 3

Speaking from a developer perspective, two months is also "last minute changes" because your QA department needs AT LEAST a month for testing the software (at companies that actually HAVE a QA department and not just other developers peer reviewing your code -- Regression test suites, automated tests, Zephyr tests, etc). Two months and one month isn't a big difference in developer time, especially if you've been working on a project for years.

This is completely different than just changing a dialog or fixing some issues. Changing an entire design a couple of months away is tough to do because it's not as straightforward as people think. There are a lot of moving parts in applications (not just games, all software) that work together in parallel. Not to mention multi-threaded applications.. Ugh lol..

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Where do you think "day one patches" come from?

It's not from the content being ready 30 days before release. Sorry one of the 10 articles you didn't read wasn't specific enough to answer the question you're too lazy to look up.

>3

Peephole Peekshot 

In place of Radar, the Scope Camera hud widget displays the contents of the weapon’s reticle under 8x magnification.  This allows the player to position his body behind cover, with only the weapon’s barrel sticking out, and still retain a small bit of vision via the live video feed.  

“Blindfiring” is now possible but requires you hold a paper towel tube up to your eye. 

• Fire (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Peephole Peekshot 

In place of Radar, the Scope Camera hud widget displays the contents of the weapon’s reticle under 8x magnification.  This allows the player to position his body behind cover, with only the weapon’s barrel sticking out, and still retain a small bit of vision via the live video feed.  

“Blindfiring” is now possible but requires you hold a paper towel tube up to your eye. 

😅

While playing as an Elite, holding the Jump button while airborne causes the player to bounce off of walls and ceilings like a pinball.  

I87APU0_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• WutFace (+0) 2

So for the past 5 or so years. I've really wanted a smoke grenade added to Halo. How would y'all feel about it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Banamy said:

So for the past 5 or so years. I've really wanted a smoke grenade added to Halo. How would y'all feel about it?

Isn’t smoke kinda superseded by the fact that players can already become invisible?  

11 minutes ago, Banamy said:

This has been discussed before:

It's not the worst idea, but then again would it really change the game in a significant way? Sounds like a pointless pickup and people sure as hell won't time it or go out of their way to grab it. Halo just isn't "tactical" enough (besides Breakout lul) to warrant such an addition. If a  Halo match slows down so much that people need to resort to smokes to make pushes then that map/gametype combo has other issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anything that impairs vision like flashlights, explosions, sunflares, gun knockback, camera jerk from animations like melee/sprint, or camera shaking doesn't belong in an arena style shooter. 

Counterstrike is different because it's designed around the ability to do so... Halo is not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 2/4/2020 at 7:34 PM, Arlong said:

You’re the type of person who refuses even when you’re supposed facts aren’t actually facts. I asked for specific info regarding noticeable game changes a month before release. Also I guess I should clarify this change is something is very significant to the point it’s a different game from its beta or something.

the reason you don’t provide this info is because your ass doesn’t know where it is! 

I didn't provide any info because I'm not taking either "side" as fact when I don't actually know. I read what you claimed to be fact without providing any data, I saw someone reply with data proving you wrong, then I had to read you still claiming it isn't true bec they didn't provide the data to you within an easy-to-read paragraph. 

I really don't want to drag this conversation on anymore if it's over with, but don't tell me I'm "the type of person" when all I am is a spectator in this. Now I have to sit here and read you saying "Oh BuT tHiS sAyS iT wAs TwO mOnThS bEfOrE rElEaSe I aSkEd FoR oNe" bs, you know damn well there's essentially no difference there. You're just using that as your last leg to stand on.

25 minutes ago, JordanB said:

I didn't provide any info because I'm not taking either "side" as fact when I don't actually know. I read what you claimed to be fact without providing any data, I saw someone reply with data proving you wrong, then I had to read you still claiming it isn't true bec they didn't provide the data to you within an easy-to-read paragraph. 

I really don't want to drag this conversation on anymore if it's over with, but don't tell me I'm "the type of person" when all I am is a spectator in this. Now I have to sit here and read you saying "Oh BuT tHiS sAyS iT wAs TwO mOnThS bEfOrE rElEaSe I aSkEd FoR oNe" bs, you know damn well there's essentially no difference there. You're just using that as your last leg to stand on.

Lol I mean you’re not wrong but it’s still a leg to stand on at the end of the day 😈

31 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

Anything that impairs vision like flashlights, explosions, sunflares, gun knockback, camera jerk from animations like melee/sprint, or camera shaking doesn't belong in an arena style shooter. 

Counterstrike is different because it's designed around the ability to do so... Halo is not. 

What do you think about a 2sk Railgun style weapon that makes the target drop any objective he is carrying while simultaneously knocking him back?  

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think about a 2sk Railgun style weapon that makes the target drop any objective he is carrying while simultaneously knocking him back?  

Stuns and momentum changing has always been a thing since Halo 1. I could see it tested 

Combine the AoD nade and the concealment grenade into one, and rip off electric smoke from Titanfall. I always thought that was a good concept.

Anyone think they should give slope jumps more utility? 

It's already a soft mechanic in all the games, but it doesn't really have all that much significance. 

Instead of giving the player marginally more speed when jumping off, give the player twice or thrice as much speed. 

It'd make for some cool map traversal options and power weapon pushes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Idk a 2sk railgun? Sounds weak AF. I think it’s current version is fine. Now if you brought a stun with this and a decent blast radius then we got something either.

10 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

It's already a soft mechanic in all the games, but it doesn't really have all that much significance. 

Instead of giving the player marginally more speed when jumping off, give the player twice or thrice as much speed. 

You mean jumping down onto a ramp or incline, crouching as you land, then uncrouching and jumping?  Yeah.  It’s a cool movement mechanic too because unlike an ability like sprint, objective carriers can perform it.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Don't really think we need more speed and cheesy getaway options. The noobs would have a fucking heyday.

I want no cheese in Halo tbh, bad enough I got Spartan charged or ground pounded in H5.