CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

I’m gonna whip you. I need you to know that 

First of all that not true. And I don’t disagree with getting whipped, just not by the likes of you.  It’s just that I’d prefer getting whipped by those who understand how to balance a sandbox. That’s all I’ve started talking about. The competitive players are the only ones that are more aware of both sides compared to social players. Social players like yourself don't know what they they want jackass.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

24 minutes ago, Arlong said:

First of all it is true. And I don’t disagree with the more skillful gun being the strongest.  It’s just that I’d prefer we not kill half the play population because they feel that every weapon besides a power weapon is worth picking up. That’s all I’ve started talking about. The competitive players aren’t the only ones that exist. 
or that only one play style exist. 

Okay. If you want global stats halo.bungie.net still has all the H2- HReach stats tracked for weapon kills and the utility weapons usually float around 20% of the sandbox kills. Halo 2 being the highest, Reach being the lowest. 

At high level play MLG literally removed half the sandbox so that's not a fair metric to use when determining how often people pick other weapons. Halo CE isn't tracked but if you take 30 seconds to scan competitive CE videos you'll see that effectively every single weapon is used outside the needler (which despite that, has the highest melee damage in CE). 

Halo 2 is your strongest argument around the one-weapon sandbox but I'd take that a hundred years over what we got in Halo 5 where basically anything you touch plays the game for you and discredits any amount of skill someone is using to weild the magnum. Play 1 game of Destiny 2 right now and see what happens when everything is strong. It's stupid. An abomination honestly. 

The concern about killing off half the player population seems to be a moot point as 1: population was just about never a concern until Halo 4 ironically when the sandbox started shifting, and 2: there's nothing to suggest that the people who have left, left because they didn't like a sandbox focused around a utility weapon. 

And before you point to the current stigma on reddit against DMR starts in Reach - they're conflating the strength of a weapon with its ease of use, or lethality.  There's nothing wrong with the DMR in fact it's perfect kill time is hilariously slow, its just that no one misses so you're being peppered constantly. If the strength was an issue than the complaints would be about the magnum as well because if has a faster kill time, but they're not. The magnums legality isn't there. 

Utility weapon focused sandboxes with weak autos that have unique traits are one of the best things Halo has ever done. My happy place is probably where the AR was in Halo 3 if you're looking for specifics, I think in Reach it began to creepa bit too far and in 4 all the weapons had a lot of aim assist. 4s strength is probably fine with shorter range. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Okay. If you want global stats halo.bungie.net still has all the H2- HReach stats tracked for weapon kills and the utility weapons usually float around 20% of the sandbox kills. Halo 2 being the highest, Reach being the lowest. 

At high level play MLG literally removed half the sandbox so that's not a fair metric to use when determining how often people pick other weapons. Halo CE isn't tracked but if you take 30 seconds to scan competitive CE videos you'll see that effectively every single weapon is used outside the needler (which despite that, has the highest melee damage in CE). 

Halo 2 is your strongest argument around the one-weapon sandbox but I'd take that a hundred years over what we got in Halo 5 where basically anything you touch plays the game for you and discredits any amount of skill someone is using to weild the magnum. Play 1 game of Destiny 2 right now and see what happens when everything is strong. It's stupid. An abomination honestly. 

The concern about killing off half the player population seems to be a moot point as 1: population was just about never a concern until Halo 4 ironically when the sandbox started shifting, and 2: there's nothing to suggest that the people who have left, left because they didn't like a sandbox focused around a utility weapon. 

And before you point to the current stigma on reddit against DMR starts in Reach - they're conflating the strength of a weapon with its ease of use, or lethality.  There's nothing wrong with the DMR in fact it's perfect kill time is hilariously slow, its just that no one misses so you're being peppered constantly. If the strength was an issue than the complaints would be about the magnum as well because if has a faster kill time, but they're not. The magnums legality isn't there. 

Utility weapon focused sandboxes with weak autos that have unique traits are one of the best things Halo has ever done. My happy place is probably where the AR was in Halo 3 if you're looking for specifics, I think in Reach it began to creepa bit too far and in 4 all the weapons had a lot of aim assist. 4s strength is probably fine with shorter range. 

Nobody misses because we have mouses to aim with. In a shooter game you cant have hitscan weapons, with no recoil, or need to lead etc it’s to damned easy at that point. I too think h3 had a good place for autos, heck’s I’ve gotten many kills with them. I think people just despise the fact you kinda need to do the melee combo with them for most effective use. 
lol if the magnum in reach was Like the h5 magnum then people already be bitching again. I prefer precision starts and dominance but I think the majority that aren’t good shouldn’t spawn with a weapon that’s just terrible, because if they feel like they can’t fight back against a person using a precision weapon in any compacity they’ll feel the game leans to one play style which can leave a bad impression and it already has.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Nobody misses because we have mouses to aim with. In a shooter game you cant have hitscan weapons, with no recoil, or need to lead etc it’s to damned easy at that point. I too think h3 had a good place for autos, heck’s I’ve gotten many kills with them. I think people just despise the fact you kinda need to do the melee combo with them for most effective use. 
lol if the magnum in reach was Like the h5 magnum then people already be bitching again. I prefer precision starts and dominance but I think the majority that aren’t good shouldn’t spawn with a weapon that’s just terrible, because if they feel like they can’t fight back against a person using a precision weapon in any compacity they’ll feel the game leans to one play style which can leave a bad impression and it already has.

Right, well mouse with hitscan weapons and slow movement speed doesn't make for great great design so we definitely have an issue there lol.  Puts a nice hard cap right on the skill ceiling.

I'm speaking about controller here, which is a much better medium to build around and you can still achieve a lot with hitscan + thumbsticks.  Also not all playstyles are equal nor should they be equal, don't you agree? Well designed games don't cater to camping because that would be silly, the games that do do that (ie. Modern Warfare) suffer the consequences.  At that point it's worth asking, what playstyles are worth promoting outside of whatever it is that usually has embodied Halo.  You could list aggression as something worthy of designing around, intelligent & high risk plays, active movement, but all of these can be boiled down to one word - which I define as integrity.  Meaning, the better player should always win.  I don't mind "altering playstyles" as you've referred to them, but too much of the time that altering playstyle is just code for someone on reddit wanting to spawn with the Halo 5 saw and kill with it. Which is not only detrimental to the game but also to their own enjoyment because you have to recognize that people don't actually want these things.

All the reviewers who praised Halo 5 for finally making other guns like automatics strong; where are they now? What about the hordes of waypoint or reddit posts around launch time saying "Finally! It's not just BR spam!" They're all gone, because frankly it's not enticing to appeal to non skilled playstyles nor is it engaging or serve to further the lifespan of your game.  It's like everytime you see someone post on a random gaming subreddit like Titanfall 2 and say "I jUsT PlaYeD tHiS gAme fOr tHe FiRsT TiMee AgAin In MonThs! It'S grEAT whYd I sTop??"  And then they stop playing again.  It happens all the time with these modern games built for instant gratification with over the top weapons made for people to feel good about themselves.  And they think they're having fun at a surface level but deep down, not really.  They leave like everyone else and whenever the conversation emerges they say "Oh man I LOVE Titanfall 2/ Halo 4 / Halo 5 / Gears 5" or whatever game it is that they don't actually love... or else they'd be playing it.  But they don't.  I pick on Titanfall a lot because it's the definition of a feel-good game with absolute dick bumpkiss for depth.  Every reviewer and gamer on earth swears it's like the shooter of the generation and that they love it to death and yet it can't hold a population for shit, because the game is meaningless hollow vapid encounters with no skill.  I see those who praised Halo 5 for its weapon diversity at launch in the same way.  I see Gears 5 just launched with its most bullshit ridden sandbox in history where autos are at an all time high.  Reviews? GLOWING.  Game has less players than Gears 4 did within 2 months of launch, compared to 3 years on Gears 4.  No one plays it.

My question would for you would be - what is the one playstyle Halo has? Why is it wrong for only enforcing that playstyle? And why should we be pressured to incentivize other playstyles?

I don't even see them as playstyle, that's such a weird way of defining it.  It's really just properly rewarding.  I think you might be asking for more ways for Halo to be properly rewarding to succeed in, in which case I should agree with you.  If we had more powerful and skill based movement even if my shot was bad I would love to be able to juke around someone and secure a kill because of it, but we don't have that so that's not a reality.  Or a more meaningful health system that reflects long term damage applied so I can work the map a bit and move around without having to commit to every single kill.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 3

Before I start answering your questions a strafing ability Like over watch or apex legends and small hit box size similar to that of wraith or lifeline from Apex legends could easily solve that.

and also I mentioned earlier that my time on reach pc has clouded my judgement on the halo sandbox so it’s kinda been weighing in on me. I disagree on a personal level with the the DMR and one gun game comments but I can tell they’re in quite a majority, so I like to keep an open mind and think of way halo can still have a precision dominant sandbox and give a little bit of power to what they would prefer.

1. Halos playstyle is using literally only a precision weapon or the utility(whatever people want to say) and use that to dominant the game(this is effective depending on your skill level and opponents but it’s the tool that does it best). 
2.its wrong because it means people who don’t adapt to this playstyle or try to find some other way can’t prevail. Basically it’s like racing there’s only one way to win be faster then your opponent. But perhaps halo could be like chess where multiple play styles are doable. I’m not saying to encourage camping, far from it, but giving people a bit of power with autos will make these people aggressive. Looking back at your AR video you as “skilled”player was always aiming at the head, but a lesser skilled guy will usually aim for the body only and thus won’t be able to dish out that desired kill. It’s also not that effective mid range if someone were to of Descoped you while firing across the map. 

3. incentivizing   other forms of play can encourage people to stay playing the game. They won’t get annoyed or super irritated and call the precision weapon overpowered. The reason the utility is sometimes considered over powered because of several factors. It’s not super hard to aim, it being only marginally hard to use than an AR doesn’t tell people much of anything. The AR only being useful in niche situations can cause quite frustration. The ar still being weaker than the utility when utility player is within the autos CQC range. 

now on a side note, you gotta start thinking of mouse and keyboard these days since every halo now is about to be on pc on one UI, and halo infinite the next relevant halo is about to be on pc and will be the best bet on keeping people entertained hopefully. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Before I start answering your questions a strafing ability Like over watch or apex legends and small hit box size similar to that of wraith or lifeline from Apex legends could easily solve that.

and also I mentioned earlier that my time on reach pc has clouded my judgement on the halo sandbox so it’s kinda been weighing in on me. I disagree on a personal level with the the DMR and one gun game comments but I can tell they’re in quite a majority, so I like to keep an open mind and think of way halo can still have a precision dominant sandbox and give a little bit of power to what they would prefer.

1. Halos playstyle is using literally only a precision weapon or the utility(whatever people want to say) and use that to dominant the game(this is effective depending on your skill level and opponents but it’s the tool that does it best). 
2.its wrong because it means people who don’t adapt to this playstyle or try to find some other way can’t prevail. Basically it’s like racing there’s only one way to win be faster then your opponent. But perhaps halo could be like chess where multiple play styles are doable. I’m not saying to encourage camping, far from it, but giving people a bit of power with autos will make these people aggressive. Looking back at your AR video you as “skilled”player was always aiming at the head, but a lesser skilled guy will usually aim for the body only and thus won’t be able to dish out that desired kill. It’s also not that effective mid range if someone were to of Descoped you while firing across the map. 

3. incentivizing   other forms of play can encourage people to stay playing the game. They won’t get annoyed or super irritated and call the precision weapon overpowered. The reason the utility is sometimes considered over powered because of several factors. It’s not super hard to aim, it being only marginally hard to use than an AR doesn’t tell people much of anything. The AR only being useful in niche situations can cause quite frustration. The ar still being weaker than the utility when utility player is within the autos CQC range. 

now on a side note, you gotta start thinking of mouse and keyboard these days since every halo now is about to be on pc on one UI, and halo infinite the next relevant halo is about to be on pc and will be the best bet on keeping people entertained hopefully.  

The hitboxes are probably fine tbh it's just aggressive magnetism that most games use, but I know what you're getting at.  People just like to say "big hitboxes" as if the game sees the character larger than it actually is, which it doesn't.

I don't even think I disagree with you when you're saying you wish weapons in general were intelligently balanced so they had more utility, but I'm responding to this just to cover my bases so bear with me.

"1. Halos playstyle is using literally only a precision weapon or the utility(whatever people want to say) and use that to dominant the game(this is effective depending on your skill level and opponents but it’s the tool that does it best). "

Just for the sake of this conversation I'd like to make a point that weapons are not a playstyle.  Playstyle is a behavior, weapons do not necessarily determine your behavior.  The context surrounding you in a match and your natural disposition influence your behavior. If someone's weak I push.  Weapons can create circumstances that influence you to change the specifics of your actions, like taking an alternative route because someone is sniping, but that's not a playstyle change.  It's a specific mechanical change within your playstyle.  Saying that Halo only has 1 playstyle because there's only 1 viable weapon (< if that were true) is conflating two different things.  If Halo did have a single playstyle I'd probably define it as team-reliant or mistake-oriented.  Meaning most of the times the key to success lies within positioning your teammates in a way where you'll never take a 1v1, or putting yourself in a spot where you can afford to make the most amount of mistakes without dying, ie: in the jungle gym on Coliseum in Halo 5 where there's a hundred getaways.  That's probably a more accurate assessment of Halo's "playstyle" and it doesn't have anything to do with a single weapon, but rather the way the health system works and the lethality in the game.

I am generally a very, very aggressive player. Most likely because I grew up playing Quake, or as a Fox main in Melee. Whether there is one viable weapon or 100 that will always be my disposition. Weapons are just tools that can complement or fight against your behavior.  I can camp with an AR or rush with it no different than a BR or sniper rifle.  Ideally in a properly balanced sandbox, a weapon won't change your playstyle.  It'll just make you approach the specifics of it in a different way if that makes sense.  I can still be aggressive, but if someone is sniping I'll take a different route to get closer.  That doesn't make me not aggressive, it just means I went about my aggression (playstyle) in a different way.  That is good design to me.  The way Halo 5 is balanced with guns like the shotgun or storm rifle means it doesn't just change the specifics of what I want to achieve, it actually makes me stop and play passive.  I have to, or I'm wasting the potential of the gun.  You move differently in the old Gears of War games based on whether you had the snub, lancer, gnasher, longshot etc. equipped.  But they were well balanced so you wouldn't change your headspace, not really.  You're still bouncing, going for kills.  The specifics just changed.  Now Gears 5 is so auto heavy it forces you to use them.  You can't ignore them. That's bad.

Again, it's not a playstyle you're referring to.  You're just referring to skilled play, it just so happens that there's usually only 1 or 2 skill based weapons in the Halo sandbox being the utility and sniper. And I would repeat myself by saying there should be more ways to be skillful, for the sake of expanding skill.  Not diversity.  Diversity on its own is meaningless.  Halo 5 is diverse, Destiny 2 is diverse, Gears 5 is diverse as is Titanfall 2.  None of it matters because it's not fun to do things for the sake of being different, it's fun to do things because they're fun to do.  It's why a 3 weapon sandbox in older Halo games will always be better than whatever you've got going on in the titles I just mentioned.  Diversity is overrated.  Skill and challenge and overcoming is what makes people enjoy games whether or not they're actually aware of that.  And in that sense I'll agree with you - Halo needs more skillsets.  We basically have 1: gunplay, and 2: grenades, 3: jumping (kinda, but not often meaningful enough to really affect anything).  Halo has classically had meaningful movement because it was no sprint and all that, but it was never truly that skillful.  I would love real, skill based movement on top of gunplay and grenades.  Reworking the health system to allow for longer lasting effects would also be really good for introducing mental skill.  Those are different playstyles that I'm all there for.  Randomly buffing other guns? Eh.

" 3. incentivizing   other forms of play can encourage people to stay playing the game. They won’t get annoyed or super irritated and call the precision weapon overpowered. The reason the utility is sometimes considered over powered because of several factors. It’s not super hard to aim, it being only marginally hard to use than an AR doesn’t tell people much of anything. The AR only being useful in niche situations can cause quite frustration. The ar still being weaker than the utility when utility player is within the autos CQC range.  "

I definitely agree with you here in that Halo's shooting needs to be much much harder.  It's been silly easy since 2010, the game basically plays itself.

" now on a side note, you gotta start thinking of mouse and keyboard these days since every halo now is about to be on pc on one UI, and halo infinite the next relevant halo is about to be on pc and will be the best bet on keeping people entertained hopefully.   "

Well, that's why I don't like hitscan in Halo especially.  Slow movement + hitscan means that you'll hit the skill ceiling pretty quickly with MKB unless the magnetism is all but removed and strafing goes up through the roof.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

4 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I am generally a very, very aggressive player. Most likely because I grew up playing Quake, or as a Fox main in Melee.

you fucking would be a fox main

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just now, HeX Reapers said:

you fucking would be a fox main

Ahahahah any game i play I'll take the fastest possible character with the lowest damage output.  I love that stuff.

• Downvote (-1) 2

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

Ahahahah any game i play I'll take the fastest possible character with the lowest damage output.  I love that stuff.

Image result for captain falcon knee gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

On 1/12/2020 at 11:23 PM, Hard Way said:

The Library is certainly repetitive, but I enjoy it, especially in MCC with the multi-kill medals going bonkers the whole time. To me it feels frenetic and fun and fast-paced the whole time, if a little repetitive and probably 1 floor too long. Cortana on the other hand is only aggravating. From Gravemind constantly yammering on and slowing you down, to the confusing layout and ambiguous pathing/direction, to the tanky as fuck enemies that post up and melt your shields instantly, to the poor checkpoint acquisition, to the general lack of lethality you have with your mag size and dps against the hordes of flood...the mission just sucks ass. 

If Gravemind fucked off, the shooty-flood had about 1/3rd of their health, and it was more clear where you were supposed to go at any given time, the mission would be fine for the most part.

The library is fantastic I’ve always enjoyed playing it because it plays like a halo version of a zombie/horde mode and the mechanics seem like they’re perfectly balanced with that in mind tbh lots of cover, the shotty being a 1sk, the huge nade explosion radius, and the pistol being able to head shot em if you shoot the tentacle in there chest and just the insane amount of flood in that level.

Though to be honest I don’t think it would really work with any other Halo game due to the flood having shields kinda ruins it imo but the pure forms would make great mini bosses in a flood type of horde mode.

Cortana on the other hand is a steaming pile of shit due to the constant gravemind fuckery if you remove that and shields from the flood I think it would be pretty decent imo.

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

The hitboxes are probably fine tbh it's just aggressive magnetism that most games use, but I know what you're getting at.  People just like to say "big hitboxes" as if the game sees the character larger than it actually is, which it doesn't.

I don't even think I disagree with you when you're saying you wish weapons in general were intelligently balanced so they had more utility, but I'm responding to this just to cover my bases so bear with me.

"1. Halos playstyle is using literally only a precision weapon or the utility(whatever people want to say) and use that to dominant the game(this is effective depending on your skill level and opponents but it’s the tool that does it best). "

Just for the sake of this conversation I'd like to make a point that weapons are not a playstyle.  Playstyle is a behavior, weapons do not necessarily determine your behavior.  The context surrounding you in a match and your natural disposition influence your behavior. If someone's weak I push.  Weapons can create circumstances that influence you to change the specifics of your actions, like taking an alternative route because someone is sniping, but that's not a playstyle change.  It's a specific mechanical change within your playstyle.  Saying that Halo only has 1 playstyle because there's only 1 viable weapon (< if that were true) is conflating two different things.  If Halo did have a single playstyle I'd probably define it as team-reliant or mistake-oriented.  Meaning most of the times the key to success lies within positioning your teammates in a way where you'll never take a 1v1, or putting yourself in a spot where you can afford to make the most amount of mistakes without dying, ie: in the jungle gym on Coliseum in Halo 5 where there's a hundred getaways.  That's probably a more accurate assessment of Halo's "playstyle" and it doesn't have anything to do with a single weapon, but rather the way the health system works and the lethality in the game.

I am generally a very, very aggressive player. Most likely because I grew up playing Quake, or as a Fox main in Melee. Whether there is one viable weapon or 100 that will always be my disposition. Weapons are just tools that can complement or fight against your behavior.  I can camp with an AR or rush with it no different than a BR or sniper rifle.  Ideally in a properly balanced sandbox, a weapon won't change your playstyle.  It'll just make you approach the specifics of it in a different way if that makes sense.  I can still be aggressive, but if someone is sniping I'll take a different route to get closer.  That doesn't make me not aggressive, it just means I went about my aggression (playstyle) in a different way.  That is good design to me.  The way Halo 5 is balanced with guns like the shotgun or storm rifle means it doesn't just change the specifics of what I want to achieve, it actually makes me stop and play passive.  I have to, or I'm wasting the potential of the gun.  You move differently in the old Gears of War games based on whether you had the snub, lancer, gnasher, longshot etc. equipped.  But they were well balanced so you wouldn't change your headspace, not really.  You're still bouncing, going for kills.  The specifics just changed.  Now Gears 5 is so auto heavy it forces you to use them.  You can't ignore them. That's bad.

Again, it's not a playstyle you're referring to.  You're just referring to skilled play, it just so happens that there's usually only 1 or 2 skill based weapons in the Halo sandbox being the utility and sniper. And I would repeat myself by saying there should be more ways to be skillful, for the sake of expanding skill.  Not diversity.  Diversity on its own is meaningless.  Halo 5 is diverse, Destiny 2 is diverse, Gears 5 is diverse as is Titanfall 2.  None of it matters because it's not fun to do things for the sake of being different, it's fun to do things because they're fun to do.  It's why a 3 weapon sandbox in older Halo games will always be better than whatever you've got going on in the titles I just mentioned.  Diversity is overrated.  Skill and challenge and overcoming is what makes people enjoy games whether or not they're actually aware of that.  And in that sense I'll agree with you - Halo needs more skillsets.  We basically have 1: gunplay, and 2: grenades, 3: jumping (kinda, but not often meaningful enough to really affect anything).  Halo has classically had meaningful movement because it was no sprint and all that, but it was never truly that skillful.  I would love real, skill based movement on top of gunplay and grenades.  Reworking the health system to allow for longer lasting effects would also be really good for introducing mental skill.  Those are different playstyles that I'm all there for.  Randomly buffing other guns? Eh.

" 3. incentivizing   other forms of play can encourage people to stay playing the game. They won’t get annoyed or super irritated and call the precision weapon overpowered. The reason the utility is sometimes considered over powered because of several factors. It’s not super hard to aim, it being only marginally hard to use than an AR doesn’t tell people much of anything. The AR only being useful in niche situations can cause quite frustration. The ar still being weaker than the utility when utility player is within the autos CQC range.  "

I definitely agree with you here in that Halo's shooting needs to be much much harder.  It's been silly easy since 2010, the game basically plays itself.

" now on a side note, you gotta start thinking of mouse and keyboard these days since every halo now is about to be on pc on one UI, and halo infinite the next relevant halo is about to be on pc and will be the best bet on keeping people entertained hopefully.   "

Well, that's why I don't like hitscan in Halo especially.  Slow movement + hitscan means that you'll hit the skill ceiling pretty quickly with MKB unless the magnetism is all but removed and strafing goes up through the roof.

I mean the only way I can think of making halo harder is projectile shooting and strafing similar to that of apex legends or overwatch. These games are very similar to halo, and are the best examples. Although that game splitgate which is very close to halo has amazing strafing ability as well. If you’ve ever played that, I would like it if the precision dominance and AR differential was similar to that. The AR is strong but the pistol you spawn with is vastly superior especially in a good players Hands like MYSELF!  

let me clarify by playstyle based on weapons. People are going to play significantly different with the weapons they’re holding. I play a lot of pubg, so that could be dictating me, but people will play very differently depending on what they have available to them. Skilled play or not, it’s still a playstyle. Skill is such a detrimental word, when to me it simply means I’m better than my opponent, I outplayed them etc. 

And I disagree that diversity is over rated, it makes things more enjoyable. 

im curious by what you mean by reworking the HP system? Do you mean like halo reach or h1? Eh I prefer how the shields work in h2,3,4,& h5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

I’m gonna whip you. I need you to know that 

Hex vs Arlong GPMA 1v1 when?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

All the reviewers who praised Halo 5 for finally making other guns like automatics strong; where are they now? What about the hordes of waypoint or reddit posts around launch time saying "Finally! It's not just BR spam!" They're all gone, because frankly it's not enticing to appeal to non skilled playstyles nor is it engaging or serve to further the lifespan of your game.  It's like everytime you see someone post on a random gaming subreddit like Titanfall 2 and say "I jUsT PlaYeD tHiS gAme fOr tHe FiRsT TiMee AgAin In MonThs! It'S grEAT whYd I sTop??"  And then they stop playing again.  It happens all the time with these modern games built for instant gratification with over the top weapons made for people to feel good about themselves.  And they think they're having fun at a surface level but deep down, not really.  They leave like everyone else and whenever the conversation emerges they say "Oh man I LOVE Titanfall 2/ Halo 4 / Halo 5 / Gears 5" or whatever game it is that they don't actually love... or else they'd be playing it.  But they don't.  I pick on Titanfall a lot because it's the definition of a feel-good game with absolute dick bumpkiss for depth.  Every reviewer and gamer on earth swears it's like the shooter of the generation and that they love it to death and yet it can't hold a population for shit, because the game is meaningless hollow vapid encounters with no skill.  I see those who praised Halo 5 for its weapon diversity at launch in the same way.  I see Gears 5 just launched with its most bullshit ridden sandbox in history where autos are at an all time high.  Reviews? GLOWING.  Game has less players than Gears 4 did within 2 months of launch, compared to 3 years on Gears 4.  No one plays it.

Utterly based and redpilled.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

But guys TF2 dieded because teh skill gap is too high! Plebs coulnd't figure out how to kill moving targets with an 3hk spray automatic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1 hour ago, Basu said:

But guys TF2 dieded because teh skill gap is too high! Plebs coulnd't figure out how to kill moving targets with an 3hk spray automatic.

Were talking about halo dude not TF2. Two different games. 

• Fire (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Hex vs Arlong GPMA 1v1 when?

Fuck yeah I’ll do it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Brute weapons are focused more towards close quarters combat, as evidenced by their lack of scopes.  Two brute weapons are capable of “corner pulls”, that is to say, pulling an enemy away from a position where he could easily retreat behind cover and into a position out in the open.  

The Spiker’s alt fire shoots a hooked blade on a chain out a short distance before quickly retracting.  It damages and pulls an impacted player toward the user (target can melee to detach himself).  

The Tidal Rifle alt fires a gravity anchor.  Impacting a mid air gravity anchor with a primary fire projectile creates a Gravity Vortex that sucks nearby players towards it.  

On the other hand, the Needler can alt fire a Homing Beacon projectile.  An impacted player will attract primary fire needles even without a direct line of sight to the weapon, even behind cover.  

The brute weapons can preemptively pull a player away from cover.  The Elite weapon can still damage a player who has already taken cover.  

6 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

I'll record it.

Just imagine if MCC had a spectator mode. At least one of you has to stream it.