CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

She's so obviously just hating on it to start shit with Hardway that it's not even funny.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

Speaking of tangent time... Saying you disagree with something and then hinting at an explanation without giving it is not a good way to start a discussion. Defo makes me not want to engage.

we all know what shes going to say and she knows we know. So she saved the effort. 

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

Speaking of tangent time... Saying you disagree with something and then hinting at an explanation without giving it is not a good way to start a discussion. Defo makes me not want to engage.

Yeah, sorry, lol. I should've probably explained if I had shit to say. It's just a weird thing to jump into sometimes. I mentally figured out a lot of what I had to say post-posting. Premature trigger pull. 

52 minutes ago, Basu said:

She's so obviously just hating on it to start shit with Hardway that it's not even funny.

I wish, lol. That'd be so much easier than having an actual thought out set of problems I'd enjoy going on about, unironically. But, alas. I'm not that petty. I don't give a fuck about starting shit with him, he just happens to say shit I disagree with.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I'd like to support the mythic arena playlist there's no way I'm re-downloading Halo 5 to do so. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I like how many people here don't even have the most recent Halo game installed.

At 100GB it’s just not worth the trouble. Most Xbox’s only have 500GB storage, it’s not worth the space.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I like how many people here don't even have the most recent Halo game installed.

me too, it's nice to know ppl also hate h5

• Like (+1) 4

I still have it installed.

Not because I regularly play it, but because I don't really play games anymore so it's not stopping me from doing anything.

11 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Defo not a good take. Tangent time? Maybe. But tis a bad video.

you've inspired me to enjoy it a second time

I see nothing outright wrong with the video other than the questionable claims about the H2BR.  I don't see how that alone makes it a "bad video" or "defo not a good take".

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Yeah for me at some point after the second worlds I realized that I actually just did not enjoy H5 and that I was playing it once in awhile out of habit. I uninstalled and played social MCC because at the time you absolutely could not get a game in the hardcore lists unless you timed your play sessions around specific hours in the afternoon. Hilariously enough I immediately had more fun, even with stupid shit like snowbound, than I ever had with H5. Never looked back. People just need to stop complaining about H5 and free themselves from that shit game and the same may continue to be true in the future. Halo is way more fun when you stop trying to critique whatever the latest is and instead just play the games you actually enjoyed in the series. I think that also sends the loudest message possible to 343 about the future direction of Halo. Too many people play the latest game just because its the latest game.

• Like (+1) 9

10 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

I see nothing outright wrong with the video other than the questionable claims about the H2BR.  I don't see how that alone makes it a "bad video" or "defo not a good take".

Well, then I'll elaborate.

First, I find the aiming argument coupled with the BR to be absolutely tosh. And runs a weird gamut of contradictions. We played Evolved settings at 130% strafe at one point. Its biggest issue had really nothing to do with gunfighting as much as it did it overpowering your forward movement speed. So, we know the fastest strafe is possible and practical on magnum starts. We never needed H2BR starts. And the justification for it is stupid. Especially with the comment of it sucking in vanilla Halo 5. If it sucked in an advanced movement title, where it's designed around, it's gonna suck harder when you remove everything it was designed around. Case in point, the older Halo 3 Throwback playlist, pre-patch. I don't wanna rant on this mean-spiritedly, but for someone who touted themselves as playing that list for a majority of the time when it was around, the fact this argument came up as it did is insane to me. I think a lot of it comes from this misconception that thrust is strafe, when it's more so a thing you can use IN a strafe. The game and guns work on thrust being an aim assist breaker, and strafe absolutely doesn't replace that. Meaning these guns will still be easier than ever with no way to actually break a lock on you to force someone to reacquire their target.

Second, I've always hated and will always hate stuff like "real" Halo being shoved around as a phrase to refer to older games people like. Or, you know, I quote "pure, correct Halo". I always hate gatekeeping shit like this. Nothing will turn me off from a pitch than you trying to say what I play and enjoy is wrong, or illegitimate to this new stuff. There are many, better phrased sentences that work other than trying to (maybe) "inadvertently" belittle another style of game. Essentially mudslinging, lol.

Third, I don't like the phrase "This is real advanced mobility". For many of the same reasons as the second point. But on top of the idea of gatekeeping one style of game, it shows a pretty clear lack of either understanding or grasping movement in Halo 5 at a base. Or, movement in general given the comparison and subsequent dubbing.  Of course on that point, I also find it funny to proclaim it as "real advanced mobility", yet a running theme is how the game is simpler and features fewer mechanics to toy with, and is everything BUT advanced. Or the theme of skilljumps being present. The emphasis, rather. When every Halo ever made has had them, it's just a matter of how you go about them changing. With that only changing when maps aren't designed to allow it. 

On THAT, I hated the dubbing of advanced mobility as a lie, while then going into "choosing to move or shoot at any time" with a playlist featuring thrust. A mechanic that stops you from moving or shooting freely. Mostly because it doesn't really say anything TO advanced movement and its downsides. Nor does it speak to what it does right. He boiled down clamber to facing forward and making a jump on certain stretches of the map. We could boil down ANY mechanic to its base utility, but that's poor argumentation. That does nothing to speak for its combat utility where it makes jump peeking a viable thing you can do without just floating in the air. Think trash truck on Plaza. There have been numerous fights there were people will clamber peek the area, and engage someone moving towards them from bottom mid, or even while looking to snipe. I'll clamber peek and shoot at people on DMR on Coli, and it's hilariously effective without just forcing me to peek and die, and in turn makes me more likely to engage when I know I don't have to just die. I can maintain a presence, properly. And while they and I are unable to shoot for the full animation, they get a good headglitch and can properly prolong an engagement with adequate juking. Downsides and upsides. And movement that means a lot, especially as a competitive player.

I think my problem is this just feels hilariously biased. Some of it is just poorly written to sling shit at something he doesn't like it. Some of it is a weird misunderstanding or ignorance of facts and/or mechanics in said shit he doesn't like. Not just biased, but short. A lot of the praise for the gametype and older-style gameplay could've been balanced out with some downsides to the gametype that Halo 5 did right. At least, given the context here was trying to push this gametype vs. newer game's styles. Here? It feels like a suit pitch. Right down to writing and tone. Too artificial. Too lacking in any actual complex siding. There isn't really anything to think on. Because while it's labelled as an argument for why he feels this should stay and subsequently be a launchpad for Infinite, provided he had the place, it doesn't actually go through and pick apart anything. It just says "this is good, other game is bad, play this". 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

in an advanced movement title

Don't want to be part of the Mythic discussion since I generally don't really care, but I keep seeing you mentioning "advanced movement" a lot.

What titles or games (not limited to Halo) do you consider to have advanced movement?

@a Chunk, thanks man. I appreciate the support. I’ve been having a blast with it, and I think it’s a shame to see it fly under the radar behind the Reach release. @S0UL FLAME, @HeX Reapers, Sgt x Slaphead and company poured their heart into that playlist. They deserve whatever amount of exposure I could lend. I think their work is at least worth a try.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Don't want to be part of the Mythic discussion since I generally don't really care, but I keep seeing you mentioning "advanced movement" a lot.

What titles or games (not limited to Halo) do you consider to have advanced movement?

Anything above sprint. It's a generalization for shit like wall-running, CoD-style jetpacks, and the like. Or Halo 5's amalgamation of shit to create movement above just running forward.

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

@a Chunk, thanks man. I appreciate the support. I’ve been having a blast with it, and I think it’s a shame to see it fly under the radar behind the Reach release. @S0UL FLAME, @HeX Reapers, Sgt x Slaphead and company poured their heart into that playlist. They deserve whatever amount of exposure I could lend. I think their work is at least worth a try.

For sure. Love the thought that was put into every detail of the maps, gametypes, and settings. Hex, Slap, and Blaze were kind enough to let me interview them for a couple of articles I published, and it was very cool to learn about how Mythic came to be, and get some insight into the thought processes behind it all.  I hope it will get another rotation at some point in the near future.  Even if it's not perfect, it's exactly the kind of playlist that needs to exists in every Halo game.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Elaborate on "kind of"?

Imo, there needs to be something relatively close to the first 3 games in the series in terms of movement, gametypes, and level design.  And I realize that's still relatively ambiguous.

• Like (+1) 1

It's not though. The most basic thing the originals share is identical starts, universal base speed and No abilities with weapons on the map. Basically what h2a did.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

It's not though. The most basic thing the originals share is identical starts, universal base speed and No abilities with weapons on the map. Basically what h2a did.

And if H2A had no radar, static item spawn times, static hill rotations, static oddball respawn locations, and 10sec respawns in all obj games, I'd be overjoyed at that too.

2 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

And if H2A had no radar, static item spawn times, static hill rotations, static oddball respawn locations, and 10sec respawns in all obj games, I'd be overjoyed at that too.

Yeah. All I'm saying is that "classic halo" isn't super ambiguous. As long as it has what I mentioned it's emulating classic halo enough. Like I always hated that excuse from 343. "wElL wHaT dO u MeAn By ClAsSiC hAlO???"

• Like (+1) 1

Tidal Rifle 

RT semi automatically fires projectiles that kill in 6 shots (1.2 seconds) with a headshot or in 9 bodyshots (1.9 seconds).  

LT launches a Gravity Anchor that drags down an impacted aerial vehicle or kills infantry in 3 shots (1.4 seconds) but consumes 25% of the weapon’s battery per shot.  While there is a 0.7 second fire delay between alt fire shots, there is only a 0.24 second fire delay between an alt fire shot and a primary fire shot.  

1 alt fire shot followed by 3 primary fire shots (0.7 seconds) is lethal when the final shot is a headshot.

Impacting a midair Gravity Anchor with a primary fire shot releases a high damage but non lethal blast.  1 follow up primary fire shot kills (0.5 seconds).