Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Vyrst writes like an alien or AI that is imitating a literate human, without knowing what any of the words mean. Like, he's seen words before, and he's just excited to get to use them.

Fucking Erroneous.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Scepter 

RT semi automatically fires red projectiles that kill in 7 shots (1.4 seconds) with a headshot or 10 bodyshots (2.1 seconds).  LT creates a glowing red orb that hovers a short distance off the end of the weapon’s long silver barrel.  While the orb is active, the user’s view is shifted inside of it, as if the orb was now his head.  

The Right Thumbstick no longer aims the weapon but rotates the orb instead.  RT causes the orb to begin flying in the direction it is facing.  The Right Thumbstick steers the projectile in flight.  RT again causes the orb to explode with a blast similar to that of an Incineration Cannon where four smaller explosives are releases in addition to the primary blast.  

After detonation, the user’s view is returned to his player model.  Sufficient damage to the orb, either while hovering off the end of the weapon or in flight, will cause it to explode.  X reloads the 49 primary fire round magazine.  Each alt fire shot consumes 25 primary fire rounds of ammunition.  

While unscoped, the weapon is essentially a Covenant Carbine with a larger magazine.  While scoped, the weapon becomes a Cornershot, allowing the user to remain in cover while his orb can look around the corner.  Once fired, the weapon becomes a first person rocket that can be remotely detonated. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, Hard Way said:

Vyrst writes like an alien or AI that is imitating a literate human, without knowing what any of the words mean. Like, he's seen words before, and he's just excited to get to use them.

Black Cock 2 Fanboys Inbound. Quote Me.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Vyrst said:

Black Cock 2 Fanboys Inbound. Quote Me.

I'm not a CoD fan so I can't speak on the issue. They're all shit to me. But from the people I know that can tolerate that garbage, that game seemed to be pretty highly regarded, and it seemed like pretty solid reasoning to me (at least compared to other CoD's).

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I'm not a CoD fan so I can't speak on the issue. They're all shit to me. But from the people I know that can tolerate that garbage, that game seemed to be pretty highly regarded, and it seemed like pretty solid reasoning to me (at least compared to other CoD's).

I used to be very active with competitive CoD. Specifically from CoD4 through Black Ops 2. If you asked the current generation of CoD players, BO2 is the best competitive title. If you asked the last generation, CoD4 was the best. I personally prefer CoD4, but as far as that franchise is concerned, BO2 is one of the best games from a competitive standpoint. Easily in the top 3.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, Vyrst said:

Interactively mediocre safety popcorn flare But found massive raw shallow attraction from it's color palette and Fidelity Interface Innovation from Yellow +Score text

What the hell happened here

  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

So where's the gameplay at? Game comes out in a year and we have seen none at all. Pretty Halo 5 had its beta going on at this point.

Yeah Professor Google says the beta went live for public December 29th 2014.  The launch for Infinite is the same window as H5 was.  The fact that we haven't seen any gameplay yet is troubling.  Hopefully this is just a hard line enforcement of Phil Spencer's policy to not show games until they are closer to release after the whole Scalebound fiasco.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Yeah Professor Google says the beta went live for public December 29th 2014.  The launch for Infinite is the same window as H5 was.  The fact that we haven't seen any gameplay yet is troubling.  Hopefully this is just a hard line enforcement of Phil Spencer's policy to not show games until they are closer to release after the whole Scalebound fiasco.

Battlefield V as well. The reveal trailer was a mess because half those features were in planning phase, not even implemented or confirmed yet.

The whole development was rushed and chaotic and it shows.

Hopefully Infinite is pulling a Red Dead where it's dark then the reveal is a polished and experience.

 

With no sprint.

Pls no sprint.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

There was too much information released about Halo 5 beforehand, starting over a year out from release, to the point where it felt stale when it finally did come out. I don't fault them for holding off this time around. We didn't have any information about The 4 until what, March 2012?

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

They'll introduce a new gimmick to Sprint to finally make it "work"

Hopefully its “u are now sprinting at any time you move” 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Hopefully its “u are now sprinting at any time you move” 

Great, I always felt like you should only be able to shoot when standing still. Immersion.

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Warlord Wossman said:

Great, I always felt like you should only be able to shoot when standing still. Immersion.

Oh shit not like that 343 NOT LIKE THIS

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Going to guess the new gimmick is that you can only sprint when your shields are full.

Completely possible.

I’d like that. 

  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I’d like that. 

Thats so close to what we have already. People slow down when shot. Most people dont sprint away from gun battles like they do in reach.  Its people running to a better position off spawn or thrusting behind a corner or to dodge a nade/rocket that makes h5 annoying af to play. Ur full shields already

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Thats so close to what we have already. People slow down when shot. Most people dont sprint away from gun battles like they do in reach.  Its people running to a better position off spawn or thrusting behind a corner or to dodge a nade/rocket that makes h5 annoying af to play. Ur full shields already

It’s not even necessarily the situations that arise from the inclusion of sprint.  The real issue is that great arena maps and sprint are fundamentally incompatible.  When every area of a map is important, it is neccessary to always have your weapon at the ready while simultaneously not being able to pass through an area faster than intended.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

Haven't seen this posted here yet... @Hard Way made a fantastic video on the Mythic Arena Playlist/Settings/Maps.

 

 

Quote

The Mythic Arena playlist in Halo 5 will be rotated out on January 9th, 2020. I believe this playlist should be a permanent offering in Halo 5, and its gameplay should be the foundation for Halo: Infinite.

 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Defo not a good take. Tangent time? Maybe. But tis a bad video.

Speaking of tangent time... Saying you disagree with something and then hinting at an explanation without giving it is not a good way to start a discussion. Defo makes me not want to engage.

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.