CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Projectile is cool for alien weapons but honestly at this point I feel it's utility is compromised by it's practical absence at closer ranges, and frustratingly incalculable nature at longer ranges.

This is about it in a nutshell. In CQC, it's to the point where it may as well not even exist as a mechanic, and at long range it's just hilariously inconsistent.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

This is about it in a nutshell. In CQC, it's to the point where it may as well not even exist as a mechanic, and at long range it's just hilariously inconsistent.

Inconsistent isn't the word Id use. It has a set speed. It's just impossible for the player to account for it at all times 

27 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Inconsistent isn't the word Id use. It has a set speed. It's just impossible for the player to account for it at all times 

So. Inconsistent. Out of your control. The projectile isn't the "inconsistent" thing. It's the application against moving targets that is.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

So. Inconsistent. Out of your control. The projectile isn't the "inconsistent" thing. It's the application against moving targets that is.

I guess. The inconsistency of player movement ruins a theoretically "consistent" mechanic. 

Hitscan and projectile can both be consistent.  Uncounterable is the word you are looking for.  Hitscan is uncounterable.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Can we not do this same drawn out argument all over again? The same points on both sides are gonna be made, no consensus reached, and I’ll have to read essays on essays by IcePrincess. 

A small part of me almost hopes Infinite will be the final nail in the coffin so we can all move on. I know this slow death of our favorite franchise has been legitmately hard on pretty much all of us because for many, Halo was such an integral part of our childhood and encompasses a ton of our favorite memories, gaming or otherwise. 

This is so sad to watch, because it didn’t need to be this way. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Can we not do this same drawn out argument all over again? The same points on both sides are gonna be made, no consensus reached, and I’ll have to read essays on essays by IcePrincess. 

A small part of me almost hopes Infinite will be the final nail in the coffin so we can all move on. I know this slow death of our favorite franchise has been legitmately hard on pretty much all of us because for many, Halo was such an integral part of our childhood and encompasses a ton of our favorite memories, gaming or otherwise. 

If Infinite finally kills Halo entirely I'm full sending it back to my childhood, buying a Switch, and grinding Pokemon for the next 50 years. 

17 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Oh Infinite will be an embarrassment, just like The 4 and The 5 and launch MCC. There's absolutely no reason to believe otherwise at this point. The same leadership is in place, the same philosophy is in place, they will take the same half-assed, drama-oriented approach with Infinite as they have with everything else. (THEY'VE LEARNED GUYS, THEY GET IT! FOR REAL THIS TIME! BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH! blow me.)

The only hope for anything at this point is MCC mod support being good enough to where we can just band together and make our own shit. With the exception of Discord Inferno and a few other people who have been in and out over the years, just about all past and current regulars on this forum have a MUCH better grasp on Halo than the "official" devs that have been entrusted with it and could do it right, if they were given the proper tools.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 2

Just now, Hully said:

If Infinite finally kills Halo entirely I'm full sending it back to my childhood, buying a Switch, and grinding Pokemon for the next 50 years. 

The first two generations of Pokemon are the only good ones. Gen 3 is tolerable and everything since is garbage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Oh Infinite will be an embarrassment, just like The 4 and The 5 and launch MCC. There's absolutely no reason to believe otherwise at this point. The same leadership is in place, the same philosophy is in place, they will take the same half-assed, drama-oriented approach with Infinite as they have with everything else. (THEY'VE LEARNED GUYS, THEY GET IT! FOR REAL THIS TIME! BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH! blow me.)

The only hope for anything at this point is MCC mod support being good enough to where we can just make our own shit. With the exception of Discord Inferno and a few other people who have been in and out over the years, just about all past and current regulars on this forum could do Halo MUCH better than it's been done in a decade or more if they were given the proper tools.

And even when those mods come out at best only like twenty people will ever play them. They honestly don’t mean shit dude, unless we get a server browser going. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Hully said:

As someone who just got back into Pokemon after not playing since Gold/Silver, why wait? It's fun as shit. Not to mention Switch is an excellent console with very solid games. 10/10 would recommend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

And even when those mods come out at best only like twenty people will ever play them. They honestly don’t mean shit dude, unless we get a server browser going. 

Even if your 20 people estimate was accurate, so what? Only need 8-16 for a match. At this point I'd much rather play and even help develop good shit with a small community than play 343's trash with a larger community full of insufferable green-haired lore kids who only want to play zombies and sprintslideclamberthrust.

I had a lot more fun playing Halo PC - lag and all - in the early 2010s than I did any newer Halo game released during that time. How many people do you think were playing that? Just saying.

• Like (+1) 2

New topic: aiming in halo.

343 started off good with h4 and h2a. Although their easy way to aim was mostly because of the high aim assist, but also because of how GOOD the aiming inputs were, which is why h2a aiming is easier than h2c aiming. 343 really needs to nail this with infinite because we know h5s aiming was utter trash. When it comes to 343 we unfortunately can’t take good aiming mechanics for granted.

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Even if your 20 people estimate was accurate, so what? Only need 8-16 for a match. At this point I'd much rather play and even help develop good shit with a small community than play 343's trash with a larger community full of insufferable green-haired lore kids who only want to play zombies and sprintslideclamberthrust.

Ok then get your buddies or whatever and play whatever bs that’s available, go play ce go play a lan set one up because that’s all you basically like. No ones playing that gold pro shit when reach is out trust me, except a very minor population which you don’t have a problem of that’s ok. But don’t be that asshole who comes out and is like “the 80% are scrubs, or idiots”(I’m being nice implying even 20% would play what you enjoy but deep down that’s more like 1 or .5 percent. 

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Ok then get your buddies or whatever and play whatever bs that’s available, go play ce go play a lan set one up because that’s all you basically like. No ones playing that gold pro shit when reach is out trust me, except a very minor population which you don’t have a problem of that’s ok. But don’t be that asshole who comes out and is like “the 80% are scrubs, or idiots”(I’m being nice implying even 20% would play what you enjoy but deep down that’s more like 1 or .5 percent. 

80%? More like 95%.

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

New topic: aiming in halo.

343 started off good with h4 and h2a. Although their easy way to aim was mostly because of the high aim assist, but also because of how GOOD the aiming inputs were, which is why h2a aiming is easier than h2c aiming. 343 really needs to nail this with infinite because we know h5s aiming was utter trash. When it comes to 343 we unfortunately can’t take good aiming mechanics for granted.

Are you fixaiming?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

20 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

As someone who just got back into Pokemon after not playing since Gold/Silver, why wait? It's fun as shit. Not to mention Switch is an excellent console with very solid games. 10/10 would recommend.

I don't know, I already have so much stuff in my backlog and other interests outside of gaming. I can only concentrate on a couple video games at a time. 

3 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Are you fixaiming?

No why? I thought it was a good topic since we mentioned aiming earlier regarding halo reach. Since the pc mouse aim is really screwed RN. 343 for some reason screwed up bad twice I’ll add h5 and reach pc. Who’s to say this wouldn’t happen for infinite? In an FPS game responsive inputs is a must,  heck’s one of the reasons cod is so successful is because aiming feels so good in that game. Go play battlefield or cod and tell me which game feels better? Now battlefield isn’t bad but cod feels a lot better if you ask me. Heck’s go play TF2 or apex.

15 minutes ago, darkstar said:

Are you fixaiming?

I've been on the fence about this for a while but I'm heavily leaning towards no.

21 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I've been on the fence about this for a while but I'm heavily leaning towards no.

Dude I seriously don’t know who that is. And frankly I’m not concerned. I get tilted at times, I’m human shit. Ain’t no one here a saint. Least I don’t believe so. 

28 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude I seriously don’t know who that is. And frankly I’m not concerned. I get tilted at times, I’m human shit. Ain’t no one here a saint. Least I don’t believe so. 

You will never know because he's with the Coopers now.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Hey, there's at least one Saint here, and I heard he's making a video game or something.

• Simms (+1) 2

4 hours ago, darkstar said:

Based and Red Pilled

• Simms (+1) 1