Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Can someone make a custom gametype with that being the starting weapon?  Or is it modded?  That seems like it would be a better version to have then what we have.  Maybe it would be better than BR starts. 

It kills faster than the CE magnum.  I think in 4v4 it would be a hot mess, but the action of the weapon is on the right track. way better than the default sidekick, just tweak the damage to get a 1 - 1.2 second kill time.  Thats not modded, its just getting lucky with weapon racks while playing Fiesta, so that gun already exists in the game.  If there is a "Gunfighter Sidekick" that has the default kill time but striker shooting mechanics, that would be ideal imo.  

  1. Start up a custom game
  2. choose the Fiesta game variant
  3. Go to "Sandbox" in the settings and set all the weapon pads/rack to ON
  4. Start game

Just run around checking the pads and racks for the variant weapons.  Killing yourself to get a new spawn doesn't work.  I did it on live fire because I know there is a rack that spawns only pistols underneath the tower.

Share this post


Link to post

I agree that simpler might be the better course of action, but I have no godly idea why anyone in this game is fighting anyone else. Usually, when you have a marketing team that isn't chained up in the basement and only given plain bologna sandwiches to live on, the pre-release material tends to establish that.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post

That trailer looked like a very poor and cheap initiation of the usual high intensity fast cut trailers with dialogue playing in the background. USUALLY I can even appreciate those style of cheap-thrill trailers even if I'm not getting the game, with the weapon shots synced to the music and seamlessly cutting from one shot to the next with matching animations etc. For whatever reason everything 343 produces just seems so shoddy and off brand. That did not strike me as a professionally cut trailer. 

 

Compare. 

https://youtu.be/YwSFUNMrWvk

https://youtu.be/RO90omga8D4

 

 

These are all high intensity fast cut trailers synced around the music, with a simple narrative through line in the same way. All much better. Why is it everything that this studio puts out feels so ghetto

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

It kills faster than the CE magnum.

by .1 seconds, big whoop. the low potential ttk provides greater outplay potential, just tune down the aim assist, bullet magnetism, whatever to the point where the average shots to kill is closer to 8-10. 10 on average would put the ttk at 1.25s.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

kinda like the .5 ttk honestly. 16 round mag and way less bullet magnetism would make it perfect.

Agreed, this would be a huge improvement.

Share this post


Link to post

Trailer is garbage. They showed nothing new and the entire game is set on the second level of Halo 1. 6 years of development for them to just loan Halo 1 and go "that level will do".

Can't wait to see a non-snowing Control Room.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

 

9 minutes ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

by .1 seconds, big whoop. the low potential ttk provides greater outplay potential, just tune down the aim assist, bullet magnetism, whatever to the point where the average shots to kill is closer to 8-10. 10 on average would put the ttk at 1.25s.

Sorry but in 4v4 Halo i don't want that shit. I like and respect CE but i don't feel like we need to emulate its kill time just for some amorphous definition of "Skill ceiling" and "outplay potential".  Especially when there are twice as many people on the map. Lets just push the envelope and make the starting weapon have a perfect of 0 and an average of 1 second? That would be a totally skillful weapon, but also a real bitch to use. Nobody would play a run and gun game with that kind of sandbox.

I honestly thought the Halo 5 magnum was a near perfect gun. 1.2 second kill time. you could kill someone that was unaware before they could really get a bead on you and move on to the next one if you were perfect, but you also always had a chance to make a guy miss and turn on him.  The issues with that gun were the ranges where it would aim itself, and the ease of hitting headshots (whether that was the AA or the actual hitbox sizes idk). They could have just fixed those couple issues and ported it over to infinite.

  • WutFace (+0) 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

1.2 second kill time. you could kill someone that was unaware before they could really get a bead on you and move on to the next one if you were perfect, but you also always had a chance to make a guy miss and turn on him.

Is it your position that this can't happen with CE-level TTKs?

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

by .1 seconds, big whoop. the low potential ttk provides greater outplay potential, just tune down the aim assist, bullet magnetism, whatever to the point where the average shots to kill is closer to 8-10. 10 on average would put the ttk at 1.25s.

Are we making our dream Halo or talking about what 343 has any likelihood of actually putting in Halo Infinite?

I'm all for suggesting the best possible solution. But 343 made a slow and clunky sandbox after 6 years of dev time and to give us what is essentially a 4-shot CE pistol is pie in the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

Are we making our dream Halo or talking about what 343 has any likelihood of actually putting in Halo Infinite?

I'm all for suggesting the best possible solution. But 343 made a slow and clunky sandbox after 6 years of dev time and to give us what is essentially a 4-shot CE pistol is pie in the sky.

it's already in the game though, and no matter how pessimistic I am towards 343 after the last decade I still don't think having aim assist values adjusted is far fetched.

edit: 16 shot mag highly unlikely to ever actually happen

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

it's already in the game though, and no matter how pessimistic I am towards 343 after the last decade I still don't think having aim assist values adjusted is far fetched.

edit: 16 shot mag highly unlikely to ever actually happen

I mean as the starting weapon in ranked matchmaking. It's not even accessible as a starting weapon in customs.

They brought bloom back as a way of managing kill times and you think they are going to give us a gun that shoots straight that has an average kill time twice as long as its optimal?

I'm glad there is someone in this community as hopeful as you 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I agree that simpler might be the better course of action, but I have no godly idea why anyone in this game is fighting anyone else. Usually, when you have a marketing team that isn't chained up in the basement and only given plain bologna sandwiches to live on, the pre-release material tends to establish that.

I hung out with a friend I grew up playing Halo with over the Holiday and he asked what the plot of the campaign was and it was actually pretty funny how incapable I was of explaining. Pretty sure the only useful info I was able to convey is that it is a Covenant offshoot called the Banished, they are Red instead of purple, and evil Cortana is still around. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Is it your position that this can't happen with CE-level TTKs?

Of course not that would be stupid.  Its not like i have never played CE before lol. its not a binary thing, its a balance. You're more likely, but not guaranteed by any means, to have the opportunity to turn on someone with a slightly longer ttk.  let that ttk get too long, and you then always have that opportunity which is the problem we're seeing in Infinite right now, leading to neither party being able to come away unscathed or nearly unschathed even when they made the better play/had better aim. Lots of trades and compressed KDs.

Share this post


Link to post

a .5 ttk 14 clip mag is still more ideal than the current sidekick or br. I also imagine the aim assist range is short just like the current sidekick meaning you will essentially never get a perfect TTK on a strafing target or even a moving target at range. 

the spread on the new br is disappointing but it looks the same as the current br. so seems like a str8 upgrade. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Riddler said:

a .5 ttk 14 clip mag is still more ideal than the current sidekick or br. I also imagine the aim assist range is short just like the current sidekick meaning you will essentially never get a perfect TTK on a strafing target or even a moving target at range. 

the spread on the new br is disappointing but it looks the same as the current br. so seems like a str8 upgrade. 

Yeah this is what I'd like to know from people who have actually shot the gun. Is it an easy 4 or 5 shot or is there some room for error?

Edit: the other problem being the rest of the sandbox.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Trailer is garbage. They showed nothing new and the entire game is set on the second level of Halo 1. 6 years of development for them to just loan Halo 1 and go "that level will do".

But if they did more than that it would be harder to sell the "desert biome" expansion that comes out 6-12 months after release.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m really starting to think that halos decline began with the competitive scene focusing on 4v4s instead of 2v2s. All the stuff with killtimes is still valid obviously, but like @Apoll0 mentioned I think that what works in 2s doesn’t necessarily work with 4s. And I think that might just be because 4v4 necessarily promotes overly linear gameplay regardless of fast killtimes. Even in an “ideal” halo game that empowers the individual, I think that 4v4 gameplay will still reduce to trying to control >50% of the map and putting shots on anything that moves so your teammates can clean up those kills. I really think 4v4 halo doesn’t hold much merit competitively speaking.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think team size presented more a problem in H5 when 343 attempted a universal loadout (though ironically still shoehorned BRs into BTB).

Now that they are taking a more walled garden approach to matchmaking, they may as well use different weapons for different team sizes. Though we'd have to have doubles before we bother worrying about doubles settings.

I wonder if 2v2 would be as popular as far as competition goes. Would we have the same numbers of players signing up to compete for example? I tend to think that participation is so high right now because of Infinite's similarities to Halo 3--though I wish and hope that's not the case.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.