CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

6 hours ago, PolyG said:

These variants could legit save the game, I wonder what 343 plans to do with them

Battle Royale.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I see we're at the "instead of ceasing to play obviously shit game, battered wives try talking themselves into believing that it would actually be good with just a few dev-side changes that are surely coming" part of the launch cycle.

Remember when people were like this with The 4?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Bazaar is where I get that to spawn. I don't get it though, it's worse than the default one. More bloom than any gun I've ever seen.

I HAVE to know what it feels like when it doesn't buck like a horse 

12 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I see we're at the "instead of ceasing to play obviously shit game, battered wives try talking themselves into believing that it would actually be good with just a few dev-side changes that are surely coming" part of the launch cycle.

Remember when people were like this with The 4?

Remember when "the 4" was even created? Like 7 God damn years ago or something.

I know I'm in the minority, but there was a time when I enjoyed Halo 4.

Slayer Pro Doubles was loads of fun.

Halo 2 however has never been enjoyable for me.  Personally I'd currently put Infinite above Halo 2 and about even with Halo 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

No I liked halo 4 when it first came out too. That was before I really started interacting with the online community though. I think it was around the 6 month mark that I really started to dislike it. The campaign took a bit longer to fall out of love with, in fact I'm still oddly nostalgic about it in some ways because I liked it for a so long.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

No I liked halo 4 when it first came out too. That was before I really started interacting with the online community though. I think it was around the 6 month mark that I really started to dislike it. The campaign took a bit longer to fall out of love with, in fact I'm still oddly nostalgic about it in some ways because I liked it for a so long.

I would have disliked Halo 4 regardless, but I swear like half of my hatred of that game is because of the sound the BR made. I cannot imagine a worse sound for the primary weapon of a game. It was like this shrill annoying shriek. I was worried shooting that thing on repeat was going to damage my a40's or something.

• Like (+1) 8

5 hours ago, Pyroteq said:

I know most people here didn't like Halo 5... But do you not remember this [high level players not being able to find ranked matches]

Hmmm...

Over restrictive ranking system VS social Match Composer.

Yup. Completely different things.

Do you think the kids who would be queueing infection or action sack as their main playlists have any influence at all on high onyx ranked matchmaking? Like do you think even a fraction of those players would be queueing for BR starts/no radar?

And I'm sure the solution vetoed was looking for when he posted a video trying to get a match in ranked FFA was to have the playlist deleted so he'd be forced into ranked 4v4. The obvious solution to his problem!

The solution a social match composer solves is holding the population of players who have different expectations for the game. Having 3 playlists doesn't account for that.

H5 had no population for two major reasons. One: it was not a Halo game. Two: it had no unranked playlists at launch and no casual game modes. That's what killed the population to begin with--trying to funnel all the players into a matchmaking system than didn't suit them.

You know what playlist I could still find matches in in both H3 and Reach well after H4 launched. Fucking Multi-team. But yes. Don't even offer it, because champions can't find matches in ranked. Because those problems are so obviously related.

Edit: lol @ me Making comments on here as if 343 might be reading this forum. Worried that they might listen to you and offer a game with no matchmaking content when that's already what they are doing. If 343 knows how to do anything it's shoot themselves in the foot. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Hully said:

I would have disliked Halo 4 regardless, but I swear like half of my hatred of that game is because of the sound the BR made. I cannot imagine a worse sound for the primary weapon of a game. It was like this shrill annoying shriek. I was worried shooting that thing on repeat was going to damage my a40's or something.

The funny thing is it sounded a lot better in the earlier builds. Like go back and watch that first gameplay vidoc. It's not nearly as crickety.

I could get onboard with reducing the BR's aim assist, but only in the event that 343 reworks their aiming system. It just feels so poor right now.

edit: TBH I really just want the BR to feel relatively similar to prior BRs, at least as they are in MCC. I was playing H2 BTB earlier and the BR in that felt great to aim and use.

edit 2: On second thought, the BR's aim assist feels relatively similar to prior Halo games if not lower, so I don't think changes there are needed. The aiming remains horrible though.

So some of these sandbox weapons are actually pretty good. There are multiple mid tier weapons that reward aiming skill and outplay potential. Watching pros last night 3 shot kill guys with the mangler was pretty cool. Of course the BR should kill quicker and be harder to shoot (at certain ranges it's fine, at certain ranges it's impossible to miss) which would massively help but anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

I could get onboard with reducing the BR's aim assist, but only in the event that 343 reworks their aiming system. It just feels so poor right now.

Yeah I couldn't face trying to shoot the BR with less aim assist up close given how aiming feels. Like I'm not great at FPS controller games but I've played A LOT of Halo and when I miss in MCC or in Warzone I know it's my own fault. In this I feel like I'm being forced to wrestle with the aiming system. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

14 years after H3 came out and we still have yet to get a Halo game with good Matchmaking. And it's not like these are insanely complicated systems or solutions we're asking for, this stuff is literally already there they just need to copy paste from MCC and adjust some parameters.

Ranked
Hard party restrictions, tight skill matching

• FFA
  • 2v2
  • Arena
  • Rotational

Unranked, via match composer
Soft party restrictions. Balance teams but allow wide gaps in skill between players

• 4v4: TS, KOTH, CTF, SH, Ball, Bomb, Snipers, SWAT
  • FFA: Slayer, KOTH, Ball, Snipers
  • Multi Team: TS, KOTH, Ball
  • BTB: TS, CTF, Bomb, SH, whatever that new mode is
  • Double XP weekend

Party games:
No restrictions

• Infection
  • Action Sack
  • Grifball (does it even exists with this PoS Hammer?)

Give people an estimate for search times, but no exact population numbers. Of course also have a custom game browser and/or server browser under the custom games menu.

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Yeah I couldn't face trying to shoot the BR with less aim assist up close given how aiming feels. Like I'm not great at FPS controller games but I've played A LOT of Halo and when I miss in MCC or in Warzone I know it's my own fault. In this I feel like I'm being forced to wrestle with the aiming system. 

Infinite's aiming system is so bad, that after trying to go back to MCC, nothing feels right. It's as if attempting to adjust to Infinite's aiming system has thrown off my aim in MCC.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

The story was tolerable until the Cortana touching Master Chief scene. It was like laughable fan-fiction.

• Like (+1) 5

I had actually read up on some of the EU before H4 and was still blown away by how poorly the Didact was introduced and then Fish Lady/Librarian giving Chief magic immunity just made me laugh out loud. Really turned me off from the Halo universe for good, series should've ended after H3.

• Like (+1) 5

Anybody got some video's of these variants? I have only been able to get the defaults to spawn

nvm im stupid

So that new BR looks like it kills in 1.2 seconds.... Counting frames on youtube anyway, which i know isn't perfect but its close. Sidekick kills in the same amount of time but with no bloom....

Its like they knew what to do, then nerfed it... wtf.  Hopefully there will be a bit of an uproar once people get to use these at scale and they become defaults.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, KelticDragon said:

To commemorate Reach they should remake Swordbase and Condemned.

Replace Launch Site with Countdown while they're at it.

7 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Replace Launch Site with Countdown while they're at it.

Bro they could replace Launch site with fucking Swordbase and it would be an upgrade. 

Its the first Halo map where I played it for all of like 30 seconds and just wanted to ask why

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Hemlax said:

I am liking the live action a lot, not sure what is there to not like.

Also here is a pure chief trailer

As much as I hated H4 and H5, their live action trailers were great shit. 

The vehicles in this game are in a sad state.

Warthog is made of paper and turret sucks.

Banshee is (IMO) way too fast, banshee bomb sucks and is made of paper.

Scorpion movement is terrible and hasn't been good since Reach. Clunky and awful to drive.

Chopper is shit. The ramming was the coolest part. Way to miss the fucking point, 343.

Wraith is fine I guess, but the projectile needs to be bigger.

Ghost is fine. Wish it was more zippy like H5, but eh.

Razorback is kinda pointless. I guess it works in that seed gametype, but it primarily fits as a campaign exclusive vehicle with marines. 

Mongoose is really jarring to turn with. Anyone else?

Wasp is good? Haven't driven it much and hard to tell how it fits in with every other vehicle. Probably the best vehicle in the game. Ghost and Wraith are second, and the rest are hot trash. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1