CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

51 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

Bazaar is one of my least favorite maps in the franchise.

Everyone hates that map. I wish we had Sanctuary 

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

So how would you guys rank the maps in this game? I feel like the btb maps are the better ones. 

Fragmentation feels like a cluttered replacement for Valhalla. Deadlock and Hightower are both pretty trash. It feels like they just want you to funnel into the middle to trade out kills on repeat. It's honestly hard to judge because I feel like I haven't even played BTB yet wit the game being AR starts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

At this point, they might as well play a clip from Saving Private Ryan and add a clip of Master Chief at the end. It would make just as much sense.

The strongest connection between those scenes is the parallel at 2:07 with those people being rescued out of the water by a wire and chief jumping with obvious wires

57 minutes ago, potetr said:

The strongest connection between those scenes is the parallel at 2:07 with those people being rescued out of the water by a wire and chief jumping with obvious wires

Being a hero isn't about being born extraordinary. It's about the choices you make when shit is going down. Or heroism looks different throughout generations. Your don't need to be a super soldier to do heroic things. Or or or.  Parallels aplenty.  There are plenty of things to be critical about, but this ain't it lol.  I know we're all jaded around here but come on...

Played a few rounds vs bots with the upgraded Sidekick and BR. 

It so much better it's not even funny. BR is still a 4sk but shoots faster, Sidekick has no bloom and melts people but it's harder to shoot than the BR. 

39 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Being a hero isn't about being born extraordinary. It's about the choices you make when shit is going down. Or heroism looks different throughout generations. Your don't need to be a super soldier to do heroic things. Or or or.  Parallels aplenty.  There are plenty of things to be critical about, but this ain't it lol.  I know we're all jaded around here but come on...

To be fair, you're giving the trailer too much credit while criticizing people who don't give it any credit.

It was boring but well shot.

5 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Played a few rounds vs bots with the upgraded Sidekick and BR. 

It so much better it's not even funny. BR is still a 4sk but shoots faster, Sidekick has no bloom and melts people but it's harder to shoot than the BR. 

These variants could legit save the game, I wonder what 343 plans to do with them

59 minutes ago, PolyG said:

These variants could legit save the game, I wonder what 343 plans to do with them

Lol, Infinite doesn't even have standard playlists because they are timegated to sell challenge swaps. What you thinks going to happen? 

I could see them maybe selling these settings for like $9.99 and you get to play them 1 saturday a month unless you buy the $19.99 gold plan or something. 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Jesus christ the bots running at you with a sword out in the open in BTB is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Yeah, I'm just poking fun. The ending looked goofy is all, took away from the good parts

• Like (+1) 1

I've gotta say, the more I play this game the less I hate it, unless I am stuck playing flag on Bazaar, that is just awful.

One thing that is odd to me is when I go +10/15 it really doesn't feel like it.  In H3 going double digit positive in a game felt like I was controlling the game,  or at least making a strong impact. In this I really don't feel a difference in game when I do well or not.

I also despise the AA glitch.  It seems to be happening more often for me even in big picture mode.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Obnokshus said:

You can't ask people to "just go do customs" when they don't work, and furthermore,  players do NOT want to play gametypes they didn't choose to play several games in a row. It is further baffling that MCC's match composer, easily one of the few truly good things 343 has added to the series, is completely absent from the launch of what is supposed to be Halo's biggest ever title.

The match composer only really "works" if you're selecting already popular options.

Go into the match composer, select Halo 1 and Big Team Battle and then have fun staring at a searching screen for 2 hours.

The match composer only "works" because 99% of MCC players are only interested in playing Halo 3.

If I select Halo 1, Halo 2 and Halo 3 I end up with Halo 3 almost every single game.

A match composer CAN work (see Rocket League), but the way it works in MCC is honestly not that good. It has too many options so the players that want Halo 3 + Slayer will get literally nothing but Halo 3 + Slayer. The people that select Halo 3 + Slayer + Objective will get Halo 3 + Slayer 99% of the time.

For those of us that like playing less popular games (Eg, Halo 1) and playing less popular game modes (Anything apart from Slayer), the match composer is merely offering an illusion of choice. It's more of a "select to play CTF and you have a 1/10,000,000 chance of playing CTF." I'm really not sure why people think this is the pinnacle of match making. I end up starting custom games and waiting for them to fill instead so I can actually play something different.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Forerunner55 said:

Gonna admit I like the Streets map. Hearing arcade version of Halo theme is cool as heck.

Streets is the only map i like. Aquarius stinks, and the spawns on the training map are infuriating 

11 hours ago, Basu said:

Shock Rifle is an interesting concept (sniper that requires time on target), but I don't see it's niche currently. The sniper already kills in 2 bodys/1 headshot. So unless you make the Shock a 1hk it will always remain a worse Sniper Rifle, but 1 hk body shots are notoriously lame as seen in the Binary Rifle. Don't really care for the gimmick with the lightning chains.

it's niche is that you can place a bunch on the map and not have movement come to a grinding halt like it would be if there was 3 snipers on the map. the people who pick it up have the benefit of being able to 1 shot people. 

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

MCC

You realize people are advocating for a match composer in infinite in this thread, correct? Which obviously wouldn't have the problem of 6 different titles being selected simultaneously.

The great thing about a composer is that it can be curated just like playlists can. And if players aren't worried about queue times they still have the choice to select a less popular option (rather than not having it at all) and wait. On the back end it's just basically more playlists that you can queue simultaneously.

Your argument basically boils down to "less options is imperfect so we shouldn't have any options" as if that's somehow better?

MCC has had alot of issues. And it is definitely less than perfect or ideal. But the match composer is perhaps the only way for it to maintain any matchmaking at all.

Yes. It would be great if infinite had great customs and a great customs browser. And it should. But even if it did the match composer is still a valid solution for those interested. And if you don't like, just abstain.

There are so many things to rage about when it comes to Halo. Keep up the criticism by all means, but this argument is honestly having me roll my eyes.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Fire (+1) 1

HI is fucking good. I'm addicted. Haven't felt like this with a game since H5 launched wanting to play and improve everyday (and H5 feeling pales in comparison to this).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 4

I've gotten every weapon variant to spawn in customs except the commando one. 4 games now, what is happening

19 minutes ago, PolyG said:

I've gotten every weapon variant to spawn in customs except the commando one. 4 games now, what is happening

Bazaar is where I get that to spawn. I don't get it though, it's worse than the default one. More bloom than any gun I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, OldBlu said:

You realize people are advocating for a match composer in infinite in this thread, correct? Which obviously wouldn't have the problem of 6 different titles being selected simultaneously.

I know most people here didn't like Halo 5... But do you not remember this:

Just weeks after Halo 5 launched pretty much any player that above average at the game couldn't find matches.

So you can't use the excuse that too many playlists would only dilute the player base in MCC because we've seen literally the exact same scenario play out in Halo 5 which isn't a collection of 6 different titles.

• Downvote (-1) 1

so confused by this game -- thought it was solidly mediocre at first, a generic Halo experience, but now (after 40 games) it is becoming somewhat fun?  the movement feels more 'normal', I understand the sandbox better.  maps are weak; it needs more modes; TTK is a bit slow; sniper feels weird . . . but the basic structure of the game is mostly enjoyable, I think it could be fun, possibly?  definitely better than H2A and vanilla Reach, reminded a bit of H3 at launch; not addictively fun and I actually liked H5 more (after a few months of gameplay), but I'd say that Infinite is probably the Halo best game (AT LAUNCH, not overall) since H2, despite it still not being great