CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Yeah man lets launch with 4 playlists with our maximum number of players and not whittle down after launch when numbers go down

like man I get you live in a bad region where finding games with good ping is hard and theres also no region or server selection, but this idea is literally not why theres a lack of playlists lol its there so you get frustrated with being unable to complete challenges/battle pass and incentivize you to skip a tier by paying or paying/using challenge swaps

You know what's really going to happen is in February they'll have an event like this one except it'll be for playing SWAT etc. I hope I'm wrong but I bet they're going to drag out all of the modes anyone can make in a custom in 2 minutes and drip feed everything to try and drum up some false sense of progression and excitement each month. I feel like that's why the game has so few playlists right now

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

You know what's really going to happen is in February they'll have an event like this one except it'll be for playing SWAT etc. I hope I'm wrong but I bet they're going to drag out all of the modes anyone can make in a custom in 2 minutes and drip feed everything to try and drum up some false sense of progression and excitement each month. I feel like that's why the game has so few playlists right now

This is 100% whats happening

why do you think the february event is called Tactical Operations lol, all you have to do for this games post launch content/progression is think like a predatory exec and it all makes sense

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:
Snip

This is 100% for the observer mode for esports stuff but this wont be done for awhile, Tashi basically said if it did come it won’t be done any time soon

34 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Meh, that's how the game should work IMO. If people really want to play SWAT or Snipers or whatever they have custom games. That's why custom games exist.

League of Legends handles this really well. I can't play the Ultra Rapid Fire or One For All modes in match making right now.

There's usually 3-4 game types available at a time (although perhaps with ranked and unranked queues) and that game has sustained an enormous player base for over a decade now.

Rainbox Six Siege has done the same thing when they temporarily had that zombie mode and stuff like that.

I think adding every single casual game type such as SWAT and Snipers and Fiesta and Grifball and Infection and having them as permanent playlists fragments the player base waaaaaaaaay too much.

Pretty much no other game does this, so I'm really not sure why people think 343 should do this, especially in [current year] when Halo can't sustain a population long term for the past decade.

The entire point of match making is to:

1. Get players into a game QUICKLY

2. Have players play against other players their skill level.

The purpose of match making shouldn't be to create a playlist for every single persons favourite game type or map. It shouldn't completely replace a custom game browser.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5
  • Thonking (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

It shouldn't completely replace a custom game browser.

If only we had one of those.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Meh, that's how the game should work IMO. If people really want to play SWAT or Snipers or whatever they have custom games. That's why custom games exist.

League of Legends handles this really well. I can't play the Ultra Rapid Fire or One For All modes in match making right now.

There's usually 3-4 game types available at a time (although perhaps with ranked and unranked queues) and that game has sustained an enormous player base for over a decade now.

Rainbox Six Siege has done the same thing when they temporarily had that zombie mode and stuff like that.

I think adding every single casual game type such as SWAT and Snipers and Fiesta and Grifball and Infection and having them as permanent playlists fragments the player base waaaaaaaaay too much.

Pretty much no other game does this, so I'm really not sure why people think 343 should do this, especially in [current year] when Halo can't sustain a population long term for the past decade.

The purpose of match making shouldn't be to create a playlist for every single persons favourite game type or map. It shouldn't completely replace a custom game browser.

I fundamentally disagree with you everywhere. This is the third successive Halo release where playlists and custom games are released in a naked state, with the latter not even fully possible due to an incomplete custom games system and no forge at launch.You can't ask people to "just go do customs" when they don't work, and furthermore,  players do NOT want to play gametypes they didn't choose to play several games in a row. It is further baffling that MCC's match composer, easily one of the few truly good things 343 has added to the series, is completely absent from the launch of what is supposed to be Halo's biggest ever title. 

Halo hasn't been dropping off from too many options at launch, it's the complete lack of options release after release after release. Imagine if we actually had match composer compared to a handful of playlists, we might have community wide discussions about how utterly boring the weapon sandbox is instead of no playlists and the battlepass! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 4

what the hell is these game modes? I'm very curious.    Underwhelming rewards tho..   

• Thonking (+0) 1

Infinite should have launched with all the classic game modes and options, a match composer that allows for the choice of auto, precision, and mode specific starts, and at least a few ranked playlists.

This is a brand new mainline title. The playlist offering should match the hundreds of thousands of players logging on. Once things become unpopular, then remove playlists. Not before.

The fact that custom games barely even work is proof that either 343 is either incompetent or predatory. My bet is on both.

So tired of the content creators that make nice little constructive feedback sandwiches for 343 with two compliments and a criticism. These aren't children making gingerbread houses--these are adults making intentionally predatory design decisions.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Gold said:

what the hell is these game modes? I'm very curious.    Underwhelming rewards tho..   

Maybe the Tactical is something close to Swat or Breakout?

1 hour ago, Pyroteq said:

No. MCC is better than this period. 

1 hour ago, Obnokshus said:

I fundamentally disagree with you everywhere. This is the third successive Halo release where playlists and custom games are released in a naked state, with the latter not even fully possible due to an incomplete custom games system and no forge at launch.You can't ask people to "just go do customs" when they don't work, and furthermore,  players do NOT want to play gametypes they didn't choose to play several games in a row. It is further baffling that MCC's match composer, easily one of the few truly good things 343 has added to the series, is completely absent from the launch of what is supposed to be Halo's biggest ever title. 

Halo hasn't been dropping off from too many options at launch, it's the complete lack of options release after release after release. Imagine if we actually had match composer compared to a handful of playlists, we might have community wide discussions about how utterly boring the weapon sandbox is instead of no playlists and the battlepass! 

Yes

26 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Maybe the Tactical is something close to Swat or Breakout?

Team Tactical in Halo 3 was basically a one life round based Halo gametype that got killed off in no time but I wouldn't be surprised if that's very similar to this considering they chose a very similar name for their event. Iirc games went to 5 or something and it was slayer 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Agree on the Bulldog, Hydra, Ravager, Commando and Heatwave comments. Add the Sentinel Beam to that list. The Hammer is so weird in this game, it also has some weird explosive sound effect instead of the gravity woosh it used to have. 2/10.

The nerf to the commando was totally asinine.  IDK what they were thinking, but if that the they way they are going to be treating the sandbox i don't see things getting better.  And the hammer my god.  The OHK range on that thing is insane.  But it take a long time to swing so you know... its balanced perfectly!

16 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Team Tactical in Halo 3 was basically a one life round based Halo gametype that got killed off in no time but I wouldn't be surprised if that's very similar to this considering they chose a very similar name for their event. Iirc games went to 5 or something and it was slayer 

I don't play halo for round based games.  If I wanted to play counterstrike or search and destroy, i would just go play those.

Side note... fuck fiesta long and hard.  I mean i was hammered last night when i was playing, but that should have made it better not worse.

• Like (+1) 4

I'm not even joking when I say social is sweatier than ranked. More fiesta games went down to the wire than any ranked game I've played it feels like. 

Also fuck the sword. Used to be rockets/sniper was the best spawn in fiesta. Now if you get grapple sword you can't be stopped. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hootspa said:

@Reamis As someone who played a grand total of maybe 35 minutes of h5, my impression is that h5 was too much of a clusterfuck to be teamshotty in a traditional h2 or h3 sense. 

35 minutes really? 

23 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

Teases for falcon and hornet?

What did any of those encounters have to do with the greater Halo universe? 

• Like (+1) 4

It's about perseverance.

The virtue required to make it through 343's content drought and battlepass system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

42 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

At this point, they might as well play a clip from Saving Private Ryan and add a clip of Master Chief at the end. It would make just as much sense.

• Like (+1) 5

So how would you guys rank the maps in this game? I feel like the btb maps are the better ones. 

Just now, Mr Grim said:

So how would you guys rank the maps in this game? I feel like the btb maps are the better ones. 

I think Streets and Recharge are fine for infinite but not good Halo maps.

The rest are pretty meh.

Fragmentation is bad.

Bazaar is one of my least favorite maps in the franchise.

1 hour ago, OldBlu said:

It was a tease for the M1 garand and the Torch

I am liking the live action a lot, not sure what is there to not like.

Also here is a pure chief trailer

• Upvote (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

I am liking the live action a lot, not sure what is there to not like.

Also here is a pure chief trailer

Yeah I don't see the problems with the trailers.  Most of the scenes are actually well done.  You can't just blanket say the advertising sucks because it's not Starry Night lol

• Like (+1) 5