CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, ripharambe said:

Elaborate?

H5 perfect TTK was 1.2 seconds, you could pop off with the magnum. There were decent times I killed a guy before his teammate could pop 5 shots then I won the fight due to him missing. The h5 magnum was the 2nd best utility ever.

25 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Shock rifle is harder to use than the actual snipe but THATS NOT MY BUSINESS

It just does nothing original or useful except occasionally contest a sniper on Behemoth. None of the maps have sightlines large enough to make use of it. It's like they designed all the shock weapons on Halo 5's Warzone maps.

59 minutes ago, PolyG said:

It just does nothing original or useful except occasionally contest a sniper on Behemoth. None of the maps have sightlines large enough to make use of it. It's like they designed all the shock weapons on Halo 5's Warzone maps.

Its a tracking weapon that requires the entire arc on somebody and spawns quicker than a sniper

it may even end up being more useful than the sniper as people get better with it

11 hours ago, Alssssibiades said:

Halo fans when I break into their property and start chasing them with a knife (They are unable to scavenge for a weapon apparently)

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FEagerWeakAuklet-max-1mb.gif&sp=1638043638Tbab14c402715e24eed25d8dfb6e956b202de6142dcdaf6298ecab0a3bc942cdb

Why the FUCK does my link keep breaking

• Fire (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Alssssibiades said:

Why the FUCK does my link keep breaking

its kind of your thing now, embrace it

TAke a Look Y'all | Stephen A. Smith | Know Your Meme

• Simms (+1) 5

I've figured it out. The real reason friendly fire and player collision is disabled is so we can't immediately bully the fuck outta that whale who spent $20 for the color white like a moron. Like, fuck that guy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

@Reamis As someone who played a grand total of maybe 35 minutes of h5, my impression is that h5 was too much of a clusterfuck to be teamshotty in a traditional h2 or h3 sense. 

The XP system is an damn joke.  One triple kill and one double kill and yet I still get 50xp. How is that possible that 343 is incompetent. They had better XP in Halo 5 of all games.

Rant over.

3 minutes ago, Forerunner55 said:

The XP system is an damn joke.  One triple kill and one double kill and yet I still get 50xp. How is that possible that 343 can mess up such a simple thing? They had better XP in Halo 5 of all games.

also the challenges in current form doesn’t work at all. 

Rant over

I like the shock rifle and it differs enough from the traditional sniper to justify it’s inclusion in the sandbox. You can make great use of it on Recharge as a mid tier weapon. It’s also one of the more visually interesting guns in the game. Mangler and Stalker Rifle are also welcomed improvements on the mauler and light rifle. 

All the other new guns range from uninteresting to bad. Bulldog, Heatwave, and Cindershot are no better/different than Shotgun, Scattershot, and Fuel Rod. Hydra, pulse carbine, and Ravager are crap. Commando took the worst parts of the DMR and Saw and combined them. Disruptor is fun to shoot but not viable and took a lot of utility from the plasma pistol. Changes to Hammer also seem unnecessary (I’m sure grifball is dead for those who care about it). 

2 hours ago, PolyG said:

the shock rifle is dope wtf you on. emps and acts as a harder sniper but is easier to come by. plenty of ammo. the clips you hit with it are also hype which im sure will come in handy for the montagers. less br/snipe clips. 

As for the sightlines thing... It's good at all ranges it doesnt need sightlines. and i also just flat out disagree, there are plenty of sightlines for this thing. it doesnt need open space when it 1 shots. literally any btb map this thing wrecks. on 4v4 it's still a power wep. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Riddler said:

the shock rifle is dope wtf you on. emps and acts as a harder sniper but is easier to come by. plenty of ammo. the clips you hit with it are also hype which im sure will come in handy for the montagers. less br/snipe clips. 

As for the sightlines thing... It's good at all ranges it doesnt need sightlines. and i also just flat out disagree, there are plenty of sightlines for this thing. it doesnt need open space when it 1 shots. literally any btb map this thing wrecks. on 4v4 it's still a power wep. 

It's dumb. And honestly, liking it makes you dumb.

22 minutes ago, PolyG said:

It's dumb. And honestly, liking it makes you dumb.

This man HATES the shock rifle. I'm certain he has it's photograph glued to a dartboard somewhere and he just keeps impaling it with darts like some sadistic movie villain.

2 minutes ago, Alssssibiades said:

This man HATES the shock rifle. I'm certain he has it's photograph glued to a dartboard somewhere and he just keeps impaling it with darts like some sadistic movie villain.

I hate everything

• Toxic (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Forerunner55 said:

Why the fuck couldn’t 343 let people pick modes they want to play? I don’t want to play Oddball 2-3 time in a row.  Utterly baffling.

5 hours ago, Forerunner55 said:

Man,  the matchmaking is dogshit.   343 should make it faster to find players.

Do you want 20 playlists or do you want fast matchmaking with even teams on decent ping.

You can't have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

The Shock Rifle is kinda cool and reminds me a lot of the Lightning Rifle from UT which makes it even more awesome...

With that said however, I think landing a no scope with a Sniper Rifle is already hard enough, so I don't really see a real reason for it to exist unless 343 gives it a zoom that is more suited for mid range combat and then leave the Sniper Rifle for BTB maps with a higher power zoom. Getting those instant kill no scopes with the sniper rifle is 10x more satisfying than the shock rifle because of how quick it happens and it also just gives for more visual and audio feedback.

As it currently stands it really is just a less powerful sniper rifle that is harder to use in a game filled with BR's and AR's that require no skill so it means you really do need power weapons that can kill quickly.

Bare in mind I've played most of my games using M/KB, so not sure if it's a lot easier or harder to aim with controller.

4 hours ago, Blackeyed Blond said:

I like the shock rifle and it differs enough from the traditional sniper to justify it’s inclusion in the sandbox. You can make great use of it on Recharge as a mid tier weapon. It’s also one of the more visually interesting guns in the game. Mangler and Stalker Rifle are also welcomed improvements on the mauler and light rifle. 

All the other new guns range from uninteresting to bad. Bulldog, Heatwave, and Cindershot are no better/different than Shotgun, Scattershot, and Fuel Rod. Hydra, pulse carbine, and Ravager are crap. Commando took the worst parts of the DMR and Saw and combined them. Disruptor is fun to shoot but not viable and took a lot of utility from the plasma pistol. Changes to Hammer also seem unnecessary (I’m sure grifball is dead for those who care about it). 

Shock Rifle is an interesting concept (sniper that requires time on target), but I don't see it's niche currently. The sniper already kills in 2 bodys/1 headshot. So unless you make the Shock a 1hk it will always remain a worse Sniper Rifle, but 1 hk body shots are notoriously lame as seen in the Binary Rifle. Don't really care for the gimmick with the lightning chains.

Maybe if it had a short charge like the Railgun plus the time on target, that could justify the 1HK? Idk. It's current iteration is weird though.

Y'all are sleeping on the Cindershot and Pulse Carbine. Cindershot finally makes the "alien GL" worthwhile with the laser-targeting and negative pushback (it shoots black holes or sth) can make for some interesting combos. PR is good because it requires leading and aiming at the head for a super quick TTK, it sucks that 343 removed the Plasma Rifle to make space for the PC, both could easily co-exist (PR has stun and slower projectiles, PC takes mid-range).

The Disruptor is a good idea in theory, it's what @Hard Way has been suggesting for the Carbine for ages. Corrosive rounds that delay shield recharge. For some asinine reason 343 put that trait on a weak-ass looking pistol and make it really unsatisfying to shoot. If it had a carbine skin and 2x zoom instead I bet people would love it.

Agree on the Bulldog, Hydra, Ravager, Commando and Heatwave comments. Add the Sentinel Beam to that list. The Hammer is so weird in this game, it also has some weird explosive sound effect instead of the gravity woosh it used to have. 2/10.

• Like (+1) 2

The shock rifle is a lot easier than it was during the flights and its somewhat less impressive to see no scopes with it than it was but its still a nice feeling weapon. If someone that can really shoot gets it they do peel people and hit no scopes its just hard enough that you might have to really question yourself about when and where you try to use it based on your individual skills 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

Do you want 20 playlists or do you want fast matchmaking with even teams on decent ping.

You can't have it both ways.

Yeah man lets launch with 4 playlists with our maximum number of players and not whittle down after launch when numbers go down

like man I get you live in a bad region where finding games with good ping is hard and theres also no region or server selection, but this idea is literally not why theres a lack of playlists lol its there so you get frustrated with being unable to complete challenges/battle pass and incentivize you to skip a tier by paying or paying/using challenge swaps

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1