CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

6 hours ago, Hemlax said:

If some of you guys think changing one weapon would suddenly "fix" the game you are delusional.

Thousands existing variants doesn't mean anything, nor they will be ever introduced into ranked.

Like seriously. If that was the BR in the ranked, why would you ever pick any of the weapons on map. Entire sandbox would be gone. 

Are the settings perfect/ballance? Hell no. But they work, make sense. Some of the proposals you make would make the game worse and less successful in the end. 

Just saying.

Out all of these I think the commando, sidekick, the pulse carbine, should be replaced. The sidekick worked the same with basically 0 bloom. The pulse works like a burst plasma rifle, and commmando still has bloom but no recoil so you can tap fire it and be warded and it has more ammo

It remains to be seen if 343 is open to sandbox feedback at all. Their flight feedback responses make it seem they are not receptive. And their commando nerf seems like they'd rather slow things down than speed them up.

On top of that there is a much louder group screaming about the battlepass first and the lack of content second.

I'm just not sure how anyone could be hopeful on 343 doing anything in a timely manner at this point if at all.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

It remains to be seen if 343 is open to sandbox feedback at all. Their flight feedback responses make it seem they are not receptive. And their commando nerf seems like they'd rather slow things down than speed them up.

On top of that there is a much louder group screaming about the battlepass first and the lack of content second.

I'm just not sure how anyone could be hopeful on 343 doing anything in a timely manner at this point if at all.

They certainly listen, they just choose to ignore all decent feedback and do the opposite instead :simms:

• Like (+1) 4

I know aim assist gets kinda scuffed if you use your keyboard to enter the game on launch, but is there something else going on too? For the first week or so I felt totally fine, but these past few days it's like every other match is a slip-n-slide with my crosshair. 

23 minutes ago, DyZ said:

I know aim assist gets kinda scuffed if you use your keyboard to enter the game on launch, but is there something else going on too? For the first week or so I felt totally fine, but these past few days it's like every other match is a slip-n-slide with my crosshair. 

I don't have the aiming issue, but the game has gotten worse for me and a friend of mine since launch. Last Friday I think was the first time the game crashed for me. Then the game started crashing more and more and now I haven't been able to load a game since Monday. A friend of mine started off with the game being fine, then he occasionally started getting a glitch where his camera spawns outside the map. So he can still move, aim, and shoot, but he can't see anything since his camera is out of the map. He tried playing it last night and his first three games had the bug so he just quit.

Yours is the first instance I've heard of aiming feeling worse as time progresses.

1 minute ago, Silos said:

I don't have the aiming issue, but the game has gotten worse for me and a friend of mine since launch. Last Friday I think was the first time the game crashed for me. Then the game started crashing more and more and now I haven't been able to load a game since Monday. A friend of mine started off with the game being fine, then he occasionally started getting a glitch where his camera spawns outside the map. So he can still move, aim, and shoot, but he can't see anything since his camera is out of the map. He tried playing it last night and his first three games had the bug so he just quit.

Yours is the first instance I've heard of aiming feeling worse as time progresses.

Yea, now that I think about it, I've really only ever crashed in the game, within the last few days too lol. I didn't crash at all launch week.

2 hours ago, Basu said:

snip

Don´t get the wrong idea. I am not advocating for 343. Just saying for a start, it´s much better than Reach/4/5. Many people seems to be liking it. No recent Halo game got so much atention, it has to be for something and it sure wasn´t the marketing campaingn.

Yes br needs to be faster but the variation in the leak is way too fast i think.

Still think it´s the content that is priority now.

34 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

For anyone interested here's an actually good thread from waypoint on the accuracy differences between MnK and Controller.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/t/comparing-accuracies-between-input-methods/28614

TL:DR

Best case scenario controller players are 7% more accurate than PC players. Worst case it goes out to a 9% differential.

I’m surprised it isn’t more, to drive controller sales

27 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Don´t get the wrong idea. I am not advocating for 343. Just saying for a start, it´s much better than Reach/4/5. Many people seems to be liking it. No recent Halo game got so much atention, it has to be for something and it sure wasn´t the marketing campaingn.

Yes br needs to be faster but the variation in the leak is way too fast i think.

It is the first ever halo game that is free and was launched on PC in addition to xbox. I think the amount of attention it’s received is actually the bare minimum possible given those factors. Had 343 not shit the bed with MCC and h5, I would bet that this game would be getting 10x the players and viewership that it’s getting now.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Gobias said:

I’m surprised it isn’t more, to drive controller sales

I don't think or least I hope the people at 343 are more principled than that. Sounds a little out there to me.

8 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

I don't think or least I hope the people at 343 are more principled than that. Sounds a little out there to me.

I’m joking, but I think 343 is really sensitive to the screeching on Reddit/Twitter about mouse players LASERING people cross map, they certainly would never want controller to be harder to use. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is it me or is halo : the first strike extremely overrated? It lacks an emotional core, which is to be expected from a novel about autistic psychopath cyborgs, but even the non spartans act in such a robotic and uninteresting way- they seem to do things out of necessity instead of desire or fear. Without a proper emotional foundation, it's hard to get invested in the exploits of master chief and friends blowing shit up in space for 400 or so pages.

I'm new to halo novels. Please tell me the other ones aren't like this.

21 minutes ago, Gobias said:

I’m joking, but I think 343 is really sensitive to the screeching on Reddit/Twitter about mouse players LASERING people cross map, they certainly would never want controller to be harder to use. 

Yeah, I'm not super optimistic. I'm really hoping that they the fact they've set up the majority of the game and the competitive system to be crossplay means they're open to reducing bullet magnetism but I'm not confident.

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

I have more fun playing reach tbh. 4 and 5 I will grant you. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I have more fun playing reach tbh. 4 and 5 I will grant you. 

Vanilla Reach? You sure?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Alssssibiades said:

Is it me or is halo : the first strike extremely overrated? It lacks an emotional core, which is to be expected from a novel about autistic psychopath cyborgs, but even the non spartans act in such a robotic and uninteresting way- they seem to do things out of necessity instead of desire or fear. Without a proper emotional foundation, it's hard to get invested in the exploits of master chief and friends blowing shit up in space for 400 or so pages.

I'm new to halo novels. Please tell me the other ones aren't like this.

Didn't like it. Honestly, most of the novels are mediocre at best. Evolutions, short stories collections, are best imho, Contact Harvest is ok, if you like hard sci-fi, Greg Bear forerunner trilogy is good (middle part weaker, but neccesary for the story, good ending though). Don't remember much of the others, that says something. Check the Forward Unto Down Podcast, guys review Halo books, spoilers though. They say Troy Dennings books are good, but they are nerds so be careful.

• Fire (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Vanilla Reach? You sure?

I have more fun in pre and post tu reach but obviously tu reach is better than both.

19 hours ago, LI Mr X IL said:

I hate it when I see people defending Halo Infinite by pointing out the game just released as if it was a new IP developed by an Indy studio and wasn’t part of a franchise that’s been around for 20 years and had 6 mainline games before it made by a studio that has near unlimited resources. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I see people using this excuse to defend what can be attributed nothing other than utter incompetence.

Or ItS jUSt a bEtA

no motherfucker, its a unfinished game they decided to still release and they might patch in enough shit to acceptable levels, shit thats there at the start as a standard, later. maybe.

• Like (+1) 1

Title is really clickbaity, but it seems like this version is a 4SK and projectile. Ends up being ~0.6s to kill. Also has bleedthrough on the last shot.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4

46 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Title is really clickbaity, but it seems like this version is a 4SK and projectile. Ends up being ~0.6s to kill. Also has bleedthrough on the last shot.

So is this what you want guys?

3 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

So is this what you want guys?

Yeah. Notice how the game didn’t show a single strafe fight 

My impression so far:

Boring maps except the map with the arcade ( don’t remember the name)

Ridiculous microtransactions ( WTF is this, mobile games?)

Hit detention doesn’t register ( I am sure i hit him in the head multiple times and yet he didn’t even die)

Progression system is dogshit ( Everyone who have played the “beta”long enough knows what i’m talking about)

No playlist ( This is so baffling. I refuse to believe 343 can be that incompetent, but again this is people behind MCC)

You can easily tell that progression system and the obnoxious microtransactions were designed by the committee. When even COD does better job with the season pass then you know they fucked up. Why they didn’t take a page out of Fortnite’s book is beyond me.

• Like (+1) 1