CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Where on earth did that $500 million budget figure come from? I guess $300M was for marketing, $190M for corporate lobbying, and $10M for the actual game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

Where on earth did that $500 million budget figure come from? I guess $300M was for marketing, $190M for corporate lobbying, and $10M for the actual game.

What marketing

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

Anyone else expected the Mangler to actually have a decent TTK? I mean it's a 3sk right....

...1.46s for a perfect? This has to be a joke man. This thing fires slower than a sniper rifle, and feels sluggish af to use. It's actually pretty difficult to use, but guess what it kills slower than the AR. I love this company, they're the goats of trolling.

• Like (+1) 9

14 minutes ago, Basu said:

Anyone else expected the Mangler to actually have a decent TTK? I mean it's a 3sk right....

1.46s for a perfect? This thing fires slower than a sniper rifle, is actually pretty difficult to use and also kills slower than the AR. I love this company, they're the goats of trolling.

Probably because they realized its the most overpowered gun in the game instantly if it fires any faster since its a 1 shot melee mauler with range. Honestly its probably too good compared to the BR as it is because of the melee situation in this game.

I don't completely understand the melee system in Infinite however if you go into custom games you can realize that the health differential matters a lot more in this game than previous games. Things like a 2 shot beatdown will not ever trade with someone who double melees you despite your melee connecting if your final melees happen at the same time. We didn't spend a lot of time figuring everything out I just had us try a few things because I kind of started to suspect that a lot of the "blank" melees weren't actually blanks and instead what was happening is that someone was getting teamshot or was already slightly weak when they got into a fight so that when they went to trade with the other player the game didn't allow the trade to happen and instead left the other guy at like 1 hp. Kind of like how its very hard to trade beatdowns with a guy who sniped you in H3 MLG settings or how its very hard to trade with a sword because they're dealing so much more damage than you its easy to hit the threshold where the game disallows a trade.

Some people might like the idea of a melee system like that but in practice I think it feels janky and random since its quite hard to know exactly how much health people have and kind of do the math in your head so it leads to people not really knowing what will happen when they go to trade sometimes 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Probably because they realized its the most overpowered gun in the game instantly if it fires any faster since its a 1 shot melee mauler with range. Honestly its probably too good compared to the BR as it is because of the melee situation in this game.

I don't completely understand the melee system in Infinite however if you go into custom games you can realize that the health differential matters a lot more in this game than previous games. Things like a 2 shot beatdown will not ever trade with someone who double melees you despite your melee connecting if your final melees happen at the same time. We didn't spend a lot of time figuring everything out I just had us try a few things because I kind of started to suspect that a lot of the "blank" melees weren't actually blanks and instead what was happening is that someone was getting teamshot or was already slightly weak when they got into a fight so that when they went to trade with the other player the game didn't allow the trade to happen and instead left the other guy at like 1 hp. Kind of like how its very hard to trade beatdowns with a guy who sniped you in H3 MLG settings or how its very hard to trade with a sword because they're dealing so much more damage than you its easy to hit the threshold where the game disallows a trade.

Some people might like the idea of a melee system like that but in practice I think it feels janky and random since its quite hard to know exactly how much health people have and kind of do the math in your head so it leads to people not really knowing what will happen when they go to trade sometimes 

Yeah I'd rather have the typical melee trade system because this crap of leaving opponents with 1hp instead is extremely infuriating.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, SMARTAN 427 said:

Yeah I'd rather have the typical melee trade system because this crap of leaving opponents with 1hp instead is extremely infuriating.

Interesting. I’ve been wondering how I didn’t trade melees with an individual after I shot him 3 times total

1 hour ago, Reamis25 said:

Splitgate without portals be the best halo clone ever change my mind

I’m sorry I told you I wanted to shove your toes until they popped out the other side of your foot yesterday.

9 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I’m sorry I told you I wanted to shove your toes until they popped out the other side of your foot yesterday.

That’s not all you were going to do with those toes and you know it. 

• Like (+1) 1

To many posters here (too many to list...), I’m sorry I started a group DM and fooled many of you into thinking it was @Shekkles birthday and encouraging you to send him a Happy Birthday DM.

Gunna be so fucking hilarious when 343 puts basic playlists on rotation as weekly challenges to force people to play and spend money. Think about all the groundbreaking stuff Bungie did. Made a game so good it helped launch a brand new console which was next to impossible.  Halo 2 xbox live, Halo 3 forge/customs/theater, etc. Every game had new and better features that weren't even necessary. They just went above and beyond.

Now we're most likely going to have standard playlists held back to sell skins and challenges. What an absolute downfall. For those of you that are ok with another 7 years of H2A with sprint and clamber, at least consider not playing this shit show if playlists are timegated. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I hate it when I see people defending Halo Infinite by pointing out the game just released as if it was a new IP developed by an Indy studio and wasn’t part of a franchise that’s been around for 20 years and had 6 mainline games before it made by a studio that has near unlimited resources. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I see people using this excuse to defend what can be attributed nothing other than utter incompetence.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

Not sure what the prevailing opinion of Actman is around here but I rather like his content. He also sounds like Nathan Fillion sometimes.

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Huh, I...wasn't expecting this from him.

I’m glad because I do like the gameplay, but god damn the content is ASS. 
please 343, release new content on the 8th. I’d be so happy if those leaks about infection, the 10 missing maps(the leak was 21 maps) would come on the 8th. It’s not looking to be that way though obviously 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Not sure what the prevailing opinion of Actman is around here but I rather like his content. He also sounds like Nathan Fillion sometimes.

I might not be the hugest fan of his content, but he'll always have a good place in the heart for me because of those videos he made shitting on H5 when it came out lol. 

• Like (+1) 5

Of note to me has been that all of the ire has been directed towards customization and battle pass woes, and none of it towards lack of content.

This is an absolute slam dunk for 343. Slightly dial back the pricing and challenges, take a massive W for responding to criticism, get off the hook totally for the most barebones Halo experience ever.

• Like (+1) 4

What that fuck that br looked crazy. Now we know why the current sandbox sucks lol. So they can add (or even sell us) new weapons over time. And then use them to pad out the sandbox for the future Battle Royale mode.

4 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

What that fuck that br looked crazy. Now we know why the current sandbox sucks lol. So they can add (or even sell us) new weapons over time. And then use them to pad out the sandbox for the future Battle Royale mode.

If be totally down for pistol starts if that was the sidekick. The BRband commando still be worth grabbing but they wouldn’t decimate you. This sandbox as a whole be bettter with those.