CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

14 minutes ago, Hully said:

I kind of doubt that any sort of sandbox balance changes come with season two, because that's when they'll be adding Forge and co-op campaign. To the vast majority of people who are still playing in six months, they either enjoy weak precision weapons and love a powerful AR, or they've basically just accepted it. Seeing Forge mode, co-op, and a shiny new battlepass that will keep them occupied for the next 100 hours or whatever will be more enough. Anyone critical of the AR/BR power imbalance (among other things) will have either moved on from this game by then, or will be in the extreme minority. 

Forge is season 3, just saying

• Simms (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Forge is season 3, just saying

Wait really? Even with them making season 1 six months? lol.

I didn't think it was possible but I was actually giving 343 too much credit. Feels weird man.

5 minutes ago, Hully said:

Wait really? Even with them making season 1 six months? lol.

I didn't think it was possible but I was actually giving 343 too much credit. Feels weird man.

Refer back to the announcement. They said Forge for season 3. Not "6 months". We put that together ourselves since from what we knew, each season was 3 months. They specifically said season 3 instead of a time frame for a reason.

It's also worth noting, they never said at the start of season 3, just in season 3.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gobias said:

Bold prediction: in two years they will reduce/remove the AR’s headshot modifer and tighten the spread while lowering magnetism. The BR’s kill time will be reduced to 1.3 seconds and the spread tightened but not eliminated, as with the recoil, and aim assist will be reduced. The Sidekick will have its bloom significantly reduced but you will still have to pace a few of the shots at range.

It just seems like exactly the 343 thing to do: make things slightly better after waiting way too long, then point to “the data” to say that the balance just wasn’t dialed in perfectly. Because they’ll never admit that their direction was totally wrong. 

I think you underestimate their stubbornness - sure we might get some changes but your list contains lower TTK, less AA, less bloom and an AR nerf, to me that sounds like unrealistically high expectations when it comes to 343.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

I'm seeing two arguments here:

The people who love the game as is will leave before season 2.

The people that hate the game as is will leave before season 2.

I think both are true.

What can you say, when you make your game F2P but then massively fuck up the delivery of its intended revenue stream.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I think you underestimate their stubbornness - sure we might get some changes but your list contains lower TTK, less AA, less bloom and an AR nerf, to me that sounds like unrealistically high expectations when it comes to 343.

These are very similar changes to what was implemented in the Halo 4 turbo update about six months after launch. The magnitude of each tweak is up for debate, but I think the least likely thing on that list to happen is a headshot multiplier nerf for the AR. 

Have we talked before about how busted ranked is at the moment. Diamond 1 is Top 50% according to HaloTracker. DIAMOND 1

Diamond should not be the middle of the pack, that's reserved for Gold to low Plat IMO. Diamond should be like above average and then when you're actually good at the game you get Onyx. 

What is going on here? Is this a bug with how people are placed into matches?

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

This is going to be a kick in the balls getting better weapons in SP and not being in MP.

JnK2Q5m.png

The yellow stripe makes the bullets go faster just like racing stripes make my car go faster

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zakspeeeed said:

Have we talked before about how busted ranked is at the moment. Diamond 1 is Top 50% according to HaloTracker. DIAMOND 1

Diamond should not be the middle of the pack, that's reserved for Gold to low Plat IMO. Diamond should be like above average and then when you're actually good at the game you get Onyx. 

Yeah, makes me feel like a complete noob getting plat 3. Solo.. but still. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gold said:

Yeah, makes me feel like a complete noob getting plat 3. Solo.. but still. 

The game will throw you in with just about anyone anyways. I was pitted against two Onyx players and still did better than them both even though they're supposed to be a tier above me. I only got beat in one category by one of them: Damage dealt.

18 hours ago, Riddler said:

I think nades are just desynced. so many times i throw a nade to have it directly explode on them only for them to take no damage. Something is fucked up with em

THIS. I’ve had grenades whom landed directly next to a guys feet and no damage. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OldBlu said:

I really, truly disagree. Even with buffed precision weapons, AR starts teamshot is butt.

4 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

The AR's range needs to he reduced significantly no matter changes to other weapons.

The AR doesn't even need to do less damage, it just needs to not reach out as far.  Reign in AA and slow down the projectile then see where we're at.

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

I hate that there are literally zero transition frames when zooming in with the sniper. It does not feel good

and that the default zoom is what 5x?  I would much rather have a 2x/5x than 5x/10x.  

also this is happening which is hilarious to me considering their excuse for removing red reticle and the seeming lack of anti cheat. https://kotaku.com/halo-infinite-cheaters-are-insta-clicking-heads-with-ai-1848117180

Plus the battlepass/progression backlash is really catching fire right now.  Its like it was designed by an MBA with a psych undergrad that thinks very highly of himself and has never played video games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

AR nerf already happened.

The TTK was tested outside of weapon drills so it's accurate.

I think you might agree that it was the most likely out of the 4 things he mentioned right?
Less bloom might be a thing, lower TTK for BR is something I cannot see happening any time soon and something like less aim assist will probably never happen, other big crossplay games have way too high aim assist - it's sadly a standard these days.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gobias said:

t just seems like exactly the 343 thing to do: make things slightly better after waiting way too long, then point to “the data” to say that the balance just wasn’t dialed in perfectly. Because they’ll never admit that their direction was totally wrong. 

and say they'll do better next time but never do

I just wonder sometimes, how long everyone but them can be wrong. 

At some point, you have to start wondering if you're the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

The fact that the people who gave us the h5 pistol also gave us the sidekick is proof enough that they have no vision or philosophy for the direction of their game.

As much as bungie's vision was ultimately wrong for competitive PvP, at least you can trace a thread from one title to the next.

Not so with 343. Except for the fact that they consistently seem to be chasing the phantom of who might like their new idea for Halo, instead of just making a Halo game.

They'll be open to criticism once their bubble bursts and they realize they have yet again failed to capture their fabled user base. Crumbs for the dozens of players who weather the storm of initial release.

• Like (+1) 8

I have no doubt all these reports of cheaters are of controller players. Red reticle was already removed on PC so we know it can’t be M&K players.

Why does that Kotaku article mention that 343 has yet to find an anti-cheat solution? Just implement the solution ALREADY implemented for PC! It almost boggles the mind how they haven’t done this already. 

• Simms (+1) 8

On 11/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, Mr Grim said:

H3 is also a faster paced game believe it or not. Smaller maps and less ability to dip out of a fight. Also I swear the h3 br kills .1 second faster than the infinite one.

The fastest TTK doesn't matter. What matters is the average TTK. The average TTK is longer while the optimal TTK is the same leading to a slower game. The BR is harder to use but this slows down the game. 343 needs to lower the TTK to compensate for the BR being harder to use.

22 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

I feel like I’m the only one here who likes the rockets only having 2. I don’t like it when rockets can just decide the match. Be smart with those 2, and you will get the cap

I hate it so much. Makes the pick up almost worthless as most the time you'll have to fire at least one rocket immediately after you pick it up since enemies will be contesting it.

Other than that if you die with rockets there's often no hand over to the enemy team so they're not rewarded for killing the rocket guy.

3 hours ago, Zakspeeeed said:

Lol no. Middle should be reserved for high silver. It should be:

Bronze: Bottom 25% of players

Silver: bottom 50% of players

Gold: top 50%

Platinum: top 25%

Diamond: Top 10-5%

Onyx: top 1-2% of players

I've played games all my life and could never get out of Silver V in League of Legends solo queue. If I can't get out of Silver in LoL we shouldn't be rewarding thumbless morons Gold or Platinum rankings in Halo.

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

The AR doesn't even need to do less damage, it just needs to not reach out as far.  Reign in AA and slow down the projectile then see where we're at.

Ironically, the best way to make the AR harder to use is to make it MORE accurate.

The reason it dominates so much is because the reticle takes up half the screen, making missing near impossible.

Give it a tighter spread cone and a smaller reticle and it would be harder to track a target than the BR. We can see this in with the Minigun in Quake 3 and the Minigun in UT.

Just because a gun is rapid fire doesn't mean it has to be easy to use.

• Like (+1) 4

Given that much of the sandbox is “balanced” around not letting thumbless morons get rekt too hard, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a conscious decision to make the top 50% get diamond 1 to further enforce to even the most mediocre of players that they’re actually le epic spartan just like mister chief.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

What fov are you using and how do you think it affects the aiming/ability to hit? Easier, harder? Targets get smaller with higher fov, but you also have to move the reticule less during gunfight? Opinions?

14 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

What fov are you using and how do you think it affects the aiming/ability to hit? Easier, harder? Targets get smaller with higher fov, but you also have to move the reticule less during gunfight? Opinions?

I use 120