CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

8 hours ago, Basu said:

Lmao Unicheeks is mad. Shekkles you're such a tinfoil hat.

Hey they deleted the Halo 5 Chief vs Locke trailers so I'll accept my tinfoil.

• Fire (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Some people choose to see the ugliness in this game.  The disarray.  I choose to see the beauty.  To believe there is an order to Halo’s mechanics, a purpose.  

This is some leaked dialogue for the campaign right? :kappa:

32 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

343 made a good base game, but literally everything around it is hot garbage. 

The UI, the Scoreboard, spectator mode, ranking system, the Battle Pass. Literally everything else is trash. 

The aiming is still broken, the maps are perhaps the worst they've ever been, you have basically zero power as an individual, you have to play ranked to avoid AR starts, the shields literally trick you into thinking someone is weaker than they are, H2A levels of aim assist on the BR, half the gametypes are missing, no forge, BTB is AR starts for some unimaginable reason, and the vehicles are like twice as fast as they should be and three times as powerful.

343 made a good base game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hully said:

The aiming is still broken, the maps are perhaps the worst they've ever been, you have basically zero power as an individual, you have to play ranked to avoid AR starts, the shields literally trick you into thinking someone is weaker than they are, H2A levels of aim assist on the BR, half the gametypes are missing, no forge, BTB is AR starts for some unimaginable reason, and the vehicles are like twice as fast as they should be and three times as powerful.

Yeah the gunplay in Infinite Is way better than

- H5

- H4

- default Reach 

- default Halo 3

And I'll argue that only H3 beats infinite in quality of maps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

Yeah the gunplay in Infinite Is way better than

- H5

- H4

- default Reach 

- default Halo 3

And I'll argue that only H3 beats infinite in quality of maps. 

I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, chaosTheory said:

lol between Halo and Star Wars movies, we've just fully embraced having a cohesive, meaningfully story as being the least important part of story-telling.

speaking as someone who has worked for a software company for 12 years now, sales and marketing depts run everything and ruin everything.

oh damn, I've not seen your name in years.  

42 minutes ago, Hully said:

These maps are easily better than the maps in Reach/H4/H5 (besides Behemoth) Definitely need more game modes though

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hully said:

I don't understand the aiming, one game it feels really good and the next it feels so off.  I'd love to have H2A levels of aim assist my BR cos some games it feels like I can't hit anything, or maybe I just fuckin' suck. 

Also: no way you can say these maps are worse than Reach/H4/h5... each to there own but damn i find that hard to believe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Gold said:

Also: no way you can say these maps are worse than Reach/H4/h5... each to there own but damn i find that hard to believe. 

They can't be worse than Reach/H4/H5 because you can't get worse than Reach/H4/H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry guys, been gone and haven't been keeping with up H2A 2.0

Where are all the playlists? Are they withholding them to slowly release alongside grind events? 

5 minutes ago, FeaR said:

LAUNCH SITE IS A FIESTA 4V4 MAP???????????????????

that's what I thought... I just spent half my time on that map looking for people.   I've always liked Fiesta as fun game type but it's a lot more suited for FFA not 4v4. 

• Simms (+1) 1

Can't wait for this game to die in less than a year and for the paint thinner-guzzling Reddit/Twitter/Waypoint trifecta to insist that it's because of eSports. Lmao. 

For an F2P game attached to the Halo IP, it's especially embarassing if this game can't hit 50K concurrent players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Hully said:

, the shields literally trick you into thinking someone is weaker than they are

Are that they are fully shielded when they are in fact one shot.  The shield flare will have both a glow and sizzle at the same time.  Its supposed to be glow OR sizzle.

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/fracture-tenrai-event-launch

So Battle Passes don't expire, but "events" do?

lol 343 you are such con men

JFC they definitely led everybody to believe that new content could always be attainable as long as you set the right active goal.  "We said battle pass not EVENTS!!!" yeah f off.

14 minutes ago, Gold said:

I don't understand the aiming, one game it feels really good and the next it feels so off.  I'd love to have H2A levels of aim assist my BR cos some games it feels like I can't hit anything, or maybe I just fuckin' suck. 

I actually liked some Halo 5 maps, they were stretched out and Halo 5's mechanics made them blow worse than their geometry would suggest imo, but i think if they were sized appropriately they would be better than most of the crop of infinite maps.  I'm thinking specifically Coli, Plaza and Eden.   I know everybody is sick of remakes (im not), but properly remade maps from Halo's history could improve this game immensely.

28 minutes ago, Bxrz said:

These maps are easily better than the maps in Reach/H4/H5 (besides Behemoth) Definitely need more game modes though

Yeah, these maps ain't perfect but lets be honest on launch how many maps in a Halo game are worthy of any kind of competitive play?
CE: Derelict, Damnation, HEM, Wizard, Chill Out, Battle Creek, Rat Race
Halo 2: Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower (which ended up getting removed)
Halo 3: Narrows, The Pit, Guardian, Construct (Isolation was also in this pool but also got removed by I think v3)
Halo Reach: Countdown, Zealot, some Forge maps idk
Halo 4: Uhhhh Abandon and Haven? Think Solace might've been on there too
Halo 5: Coliseum, Truth, Fathom, Regret, Empire, Eden, The Rig, Plaza
Halo Infinite: Aquarius, Live Fire, Recharge, Streets (that name bruh), Bazaar (which all things considered unless 343 is willing to update maps and change them considerably will get removed in a year or two likely).

We have the structure for HCS, but nothing else right now. I think 5 maps is a good start for competitive, if only there were other things to do than just ranked.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, xSociety said:

Dude, I think Behemoth Flag is one of my favorite gametypes. Maybe it plays differently in controller lobbies? 

you use kbm? what do you think? all i see is controller players complain about br auto aim but i feel like im doing fine against controller players in open ranked

10 minutes ago, Zakspeeeed said:

Yeah, these maps ain't perfect but lets be honest on launch how many maps in a Halo game are worthy of any kind of competitive play?
CE: Derelict, Damnation, HEM, Wizard, Chill Out, Battle Creek, Rat Race
Halo 2: Lockout, Midship, Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower (which ended up getting removed)
Halo 3: Narrows, The Pit, Guardian, Construct (Isolation was also in this pool but also got removed by I think v3)
Halo Reach: Countdown, Zealot, some Forge maps idk
Halo 4: Uhhhh Abandon and Haven? Think Solace might've been on there too
Halo 5: Coliseum, Truth, Fathom, Regret, Empire, Eden, The Rig, Plaza
Halo Infinite: Aquarius, Live Fire, Recharge, Streets (that name bruh), Bazaar (which all things considered unless 343 is willing to update maps and change them considerably will get removed in a year or two likely).

We have the structure for HCS, but nothing else right now. I think 5 maps is a good start for competitive, if only there were other things to do than just ranked.

When I read through that list I see a lot of maps that are "worthy" of being competitive maps. Then I get to Infinite and see a bunch of garbage that wouldn't have seen the light of day in competitive settings back in the day. I'm not saying that Reach, 4, or 5 didn't have a bad map pool because they did. What I am saying is that with the exception of Behemoth, I wouldn't say there is a single decent map in the game. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that apparently six years isn't enough time to get Forge in at launch, so what we have is what we're stuck with. 

Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely loathe this map pool. It feels like every map is intentionally trying to funnel you into narrow areas so you can just trade lives with each other. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hully said:

When I read through that list I see a lot of maps that are "worthy" of being competitive maps. Then I get to Infinite and see a bunch of garbage that wouldn't have seen the light of day in competitive settings back in the day. I'm not saying that Reach, 4, or 5 didn't have a bad map pool because they did. What I am saying is that with the exception of Behemoth, I wouldn't say there is a single decent map in the game. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that apparently six years isn't enough time to get Forge in at launch, so what we have is what we're stuck with. 

Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely loathe this map pool. It feels like every map is intentionally trying to funnel you into narrow areas so you can just trade lives with each other. 

Yes it is a lot of rooms connected with corridors, which is actually why I like Aquarius and Behemoth a ton. They feel much more open than the other Arena maps.

Also, I'm gonna blow y'alls minds.

What map features spawns deep within your territory, has a no man's land of a middle, only one way to avoid that middle area which is shared by both teams, has limited cover in the middle, has one battlement for each team, and you are able to spawn trap people when you move within their base.

You may be thinking I'm talking about Bazaar, and you'd be partially correct.

hcs_bazaar_layout_clean_arturbloodshot-300x173.png

However, I'm also talking about Colossus from Halo 2

3833C4F78DA02218BA208AA9230489D485D73964

And I am also talking about 2fort from Team Fortress 2

2Fort overview.png

And Turbine from Team Fortress 2 as well, which is even worse as it has no alternate route through mid

CTF Turbine Minecraft [Team Fortress 2] [Mods]

$500,000,000 later, and we get a recycled design made by a modder in the late 90's. You can also consider Unreal's Facing Worlds as a part of this little family of maps if you wish 

Unreal Tournament's 'Facing Worlds' Is Still The Best Multiplayer Map

And Bazaar is supposed to be an official competitive HCS map? I think that's a huge mistake.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Getting the flag to the other base in Facing Worlds was an hell of an achievement. I miss meme maps. Maps in modern games are tryhard. Give me the "obviously one guy was fooling around" map designers back.

• Like (+1) 1