Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

I went 28 and 12 with 21 assists in a CTF game and get the same amount of xp as the guy who was the lowest on the scoreboard. They better fix this crap quick.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Note that even in big picture mode you can get the same input lag (or whatever aiming nonsense) problems, but it's much rarer. The only fix is to restart the game, personally I also quit and restart big picture mode just to be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Not to brag or anything

quj8iUm.png

Coming from Captain tool-of-destruction-SMG on Valhalla I am impressed, but not surprised.

 

Unrelated, 343 deleted their December 2020 update: http://web.archive.org/web/20201208234331/https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020

The one that specifically states:

Think of all the games we’ve all played that have random rewards, ask people to play a way they hate just for a new shiny, or weaponize FOMO against the player. There will be limited-time events, but we don’t want to turn free time into a chore. We’re not all about that.  Everyone should enjoy their time in Halo Infinite.

Can someone make a crowbcat-like compilation of all 343's lies? Seriously it would be 20 minutes long.

Edit: It seems to be restored lmao

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Someone on reddit said "please don't betray people who buy cosmetics, it's childish" well that gives me an idea...

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope everyone has enjoyed the variety actually playing objective games because your days of playing anything apart from Slayer are numbered unless you want to play Ranked. As per usual, /r/halo BEGGING 343 to make objective and slayer separate playlists so that players that enjoy objective modes will NEVER play those game modes as those playlists will be ghost towns and we're left with 20 different variations of slayer playlists in match making. Sounds good to me!

I honestly don't understand this strange hatred of objective game types. You still kill other players in CTF and no one is FORCING you to touch the flag and even if you do end up touching the flag that's probably close to 2% of the in game time. Oh no, you actually have to move around the map and you can't just hide in a corner with a shotgun all day... If anything objective game types make it even easier to stat pad because you can just bait objectives and players will often tunnel vision objectives making them easier to kill.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Coming from Captain tool-of-destruction-SMG on Valhalla I am impressed, but not surprised.

 

Unrelated, 343 deleted their December 2020 update: http://web.archive.org/web/20201208234331/https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020

The one that specifically states:

Think of all the games we’ve all played that have random rewards, ask people to play a way they hate just for a new shiny, or weaponize FOMO against the player. There will be limited-time events, but we don’t want to turn free time into a chore. We’re not all about that.  Everyone should enjoy their time in Halo Infinite.

Can someone make a crowbcat-like compilation of all 343's lies? Seriously it would be 20 minutes long.

Edit: It seems to be restored lmao

 

Lmao Unicheeks is mad. Shekkles you're such a tinfoil hat.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Same for Open (Crossplay):

There are 186 players out of 78,166 ranked in Bronze. That is the bottom 0.2% of the hopper. Player AMMONAL takes the prize for the absolute worst player in the largest hopper. Also of note is the size difference between KBM and Crossplay; 8,134 players vs. 78,166. KBM matchmaking is not long for this game I imagine, and no serious KBM players are going to bother trying to compete on crossplay in the game's current state. Competitive KBM play is dead before it starts, it seems.

Stk2adj.png

Stop being ranksists

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Why's it always got to be about rank?  Can't we just focus on how awesome out armor looks?  Jeesh

One of my favorite reddit criticisms of the game was that they wanted to be able to move the view around after they died, I was like "true that would be nice", but their only reasoning was so that they could look at their sexy paid for corpse. 

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Look dead zones 3, and threshold 15, use steam big picture mode, 4.5-5.5  zoom Sens 1.2

These settings saved my life 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, xSociety said:

If I know Reddit, I chose the right title. Love that the first comment is running defense for 343, lol. 

Really missing Jeff Steitzer in BTB right about now. : halo (reddit.com)

 

"YOU'RE QUITE LEE-FULL WITH THAT" 

 

Driving me up and down the wall. I thought there was an option to turn this dogshit off?. "I see 'eadshots in yor future m8". Such severe cringe. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Stephander said:

 

"YOU'RE QUITE LEE-FULL WITH THAT" 

 

Driving me up and down the wall. I thought there was an option to turn this dogshit off?. "I see 'eadshots in yor future m8". Such severe cringe. 

I don't even use that AI voice, must have been a theatre thing? I hate all the AI voices. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

@Rhys come back where you belong

hi

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Basu said:

 

Lmao Unicheeks is mad. Shekkles you're such a tinfoil hat.

Wait, hang on. That doesn't make sense.

It's not "porting over" like Unyshek said, it's just changing their parent div classes to fit with the conventions of the new template. They already had to do this for the 2021 articles. Everything already existed on their server, that's why you only have to change classes. They actively only changed the classes for 2021 articles which is weird since that's more work because now you have to create a time restraint on the change.

We've all seen different sites update. 95% of the time, their old content is still there. Why? Because it's easier to keep content than to remove it. In order to remove content when changing templates, that is actually more work.

Plus, removing existing entries on sites when changing templates is bad practice in general.

This was intentional.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Wait, hang on. That doesn't make sense.

It's not "porting over" like Unyshek said, it's just changing their parent div classes to fit with the conventions of the new template. They already had to do this for the 2021 articles. Everything already existed on their server, that's why you only have to change classes. They actively only changed the classes for 2021 articles which is weird since that's more work because now you have to create a time restraint on the change.

We've all seen different sites update. 95% of the time, their old content is still there. Why? Because it's easier to keep content than to remove it. In order to remove content when changing templates, that is actually more work.

Plus, removing existing entries on sites when changing templates is bad practice in general.

This was intentional.

I'd Hanlon's razor this one.  There is other shit that is missing that they would have no reason to omit, like the all games page itself https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games. I don't think they just updated the styling on the page.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

I'd Hanlon's razor this one.  There is other shit that is missing that they would have no reason to omit, like the all games page itself https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games. I don't think they just updated the styling on the page.

That's a different problem. An "all games" page is unique to Waypoint and has no standard. It could have just been forgotten about.

Articles on sites are standard practice in HTML. Almost every template follows it and any independent web developer that knows what they're doing is going to follow that practice. Why? For this very reason, to easily bring articles to a new site. It's just matching the names of the classes with the new template.

If they already did this for the 2021 articles, then those standards were met. So they actively restricted the change for 2021 only, which is more work. Not a lot of more work, but more work regardless.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.