CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

27 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Dude hitscan brs is really not fucking fun at all.

I have a lot more fun in BR fights than people spamming the pistol or spraying ARs.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

He's stated on stream that all his gaming decisions are based on money and what's best for his family. I 100% support that but his decision to move to Halo from Apex makes zero sense if he's after the money. Not just the comp scene being bigger in Apex but streaming money has to be better when streaming Apex, no question. 

I think this is dead on. Snip3 is not dumb, he knows he can make more streaming Apex, I recently heard him say Apex is far better for streaming. He was on a top Apex team and Halo eSports is kind of up in the air. Very strange move if not motivated by a massive singing bonus. 

If he was invited on the Faze team that’s a good sign. And that tournament recently getting 60k was a good sign. That wasn’t even worlds

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Hold on, they nerfed the AR and didn't say anything? 

Scientists at CERN defying the laws of physics for a splitsecond so that 343 can make a reasonable decision for once

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl0Iy1R9uttEN2KCXe%2Fgiphy.gif&sp=1637586113T37993a40bbf42e33a2287d5e6856b5f721955561b3db1fee747095565ddfe1c9

• Like (+1) 2

You know what's ironic? I bet there's tons of waypoint kids who love this game and condemn h3 for it's "BR rules all" gunplay but this game is the exact same. Buff the power weapons please. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3

343 did the right thing by nerfing the AR and not saying anything. The AR kids won't notice the difference and we get a slightly better game. But ranged AR teamshot is still busted, so I don't know if it's such a win.

The power weapons suck so much. Every time I pick up a heatwave I regret it. I don't even want to grab rockets when there is no spare ammo in case two enemies are already looking in the general direction. But even if they were good there is only like one or two per map on long timers. This game is literally designed for teamshot and nothing else.

7 hours ago, xSociety said:

Ranked Stronholds, people are so fucking scared to put shots on people if they aren't going to get the kill. Every fucking game I feel like I'm the only one putting shots on people, I swear. Almost doubled everyone else's damage too...

Won the game at least.

s6sX7By.png

This is how so many games have been going for me. Negative k/d with the most damage dealt, most shots hit, and often the best accuracy on the team. The game doesn't reward good aim or staying in the fight--it rewards hiding in a room and holding hands with your team.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, xSociety said:

The SP has upgraded weapons, just saying. 

Yep and this mechanic in the single player is clearly going to serve as a beta for Battle Royale.

7 hours ago, xSociety said:

He's stated on stream that all his gaming decisions are based on money and what's best for his family. I 100% support that but his decision to move to Halo from Apex makes zero sense if he's after the money. Not just the comp scene being bigger in Apex but streaming money has to be better when streaming Apex, no question. 

I think this is dead on. Snip3 is not dumb, he knows he can make more streaming Apex, I recently heard him say Apex is far better for streaming. He was on a top Apex team and Halo eSports is kind of up in the air. Very strange move if not motivated by a massive singing bonus. 

It's 100% a signing bonus and there's likely a clause to not reveal details. No one in their right mind would move from Apex to Halo in 2021. It's not like Microsoft is new to that tactic. Just look how they got Twitch streamers to Mixer.

Also, there's a chance that he may have suspected that TSM would be dropping him so he took advantage of an opportunity to save face.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ripharambe said:

One of the most overlooked hype moments of the grand finals was the only pure 1v2 I saw of the series. Commando, Bazaar, Slayer. Literally the only non-power weapon where you can 1v2.

I didn't see that. Got a time stamp? 

I don't think I saw the Commando used a single time. I didn't watch every game, maybe watched about 6 full games and a few bits and pieces from others? I saw players pick up the Commando, but in nearly every case they just kept it in their back pocket as if it was a sidearm. I didn't see a single player drop a BR for a Commando or use it as a primary weapon, which says to me a few things:

1. The gun isn't balanced well.

2. The gun is way too hard to use with a controller.

I wonder if PC players will be more likely to use it. The times I've used it close range it seemed ok, but at long range it doesn't seem any better than the BR... Which then begs the question, why is it even in the game? We already have plenty of close range weapons like the Bulldog, Mangler, AR, Heatwave, Sword... The Commando needs to have the recoil turned down a bit so it's actually useful and serves a purpose IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's going to be interesting to see what Microsoft does with the Halo FPS series in a couple years when it's clear that Infinite isn't going to be as long lasting as Siege, Overwatch, Apex, or whatever Microsoft is hoping for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Geaux Andrew said:

It's going to be interesting to see what Microsoft does with the Halo FPS series in a couple years when it's clear that Infinite isn't going to be as long lasting as Siege, Overwatch, Apex, or whatever Microsoft is hoping for.

It's going to depend heavily on them being able to produce meaningful updates and content drops. If their idea of a content drop is a bunch of paid recolors and skins, they will have a rude awakening. 

We will see what this upcoming "event" is like, should tell us a lot about how they are going about future events. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I have more friends than I've had playing Halo in a long time. Enough that we've gone a couple nights with almost a full team in BTB. But unless there is a huge content drop on December 8th, I don't see the hype lasting very long into the new year.

We got Fragmentation 4 times in a row and I was on the verge of having a breakdown. Have to enjoy friends playing Halo while it lasts though.

Been playing a lot of ranked, must say, those maps are not so bad really. They just mostly look bad. Even bazaar, which I hated so much at first, has it's moments. 

For what the movement is in this game, those are the best maps 343 has produced so far. Still hate the clamber and the over usage of it, but there actually are interesting offensively viable alternatives (repulsor jump, even grapple) that make me forget a bit how much are the maps designed around it.

But the visual variety man. So bad. It's like they are a bunch of dudes that never stepped out of office and city streets.

1 hour ago, Pyroteq said:

I don't think I saw the Commando used a single time. I didn't watch every game, maybe watched about 6 full games and a few bits and pieces from others? I saw players pick up the Commando, but in nearly every case they just kept it in their back pocket as if it was a sidearm. I didn't see a single player drop a BR for a Commando or use it as a primary weapon, which says to me a few things:

The commando is not hard to use with a controller.  NEVER go full auto.  You can get it to fire just as fast by spamming the trigger and it has almost no recoil when you do.  That said, they still need to go back to the old kill time and make it kill in 6 shots not 7.  slow the fire rate down a bit ffs by trigger finger is getting cramps from all the spam in this game.

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Hold on, they nerfed the AR and didn't say anything? 

no.  Looks like the TTKs in level 1 training might be different than the other levels and in MP.  They didn't nerf it.

28 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

I have more friends than I've had playing Halo in a long time. Enough that we've gone a couple nights with almost a full team in BTB. But unless there is a huge content drop on December 8th, I don't see the hype lasting very long into the new year.

We got Fragmentation 4 times in a row and I was on the verge of having a breakdown. Have to enjoy friends playing Halo while it lasts though.

Basically the same situation.  They're sticking with it for now hoping that on dec 8th there is a content drop with better maps and some weapon rebalancing at the least. If not, we won't be sticking around long.  Im basically still playing because i see how easy it would be to make this game good and hope 343 will get their shit together and do it.

• Like (+1) 2

I just realized the sniper isn't accurate when no scoping. This is why sniping feels so fucking shit tastic. You get de-scoped even with perfect aim and it's up to rng if you hit your shot.

sad

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, xSociety said:

It's going to depend heavily on them being able to produce meaningful updates and content drops. If their idea of a content drop is a bunch of paid recolors and skins, they will have a rude awakening. 

We will see what this upcoming "event" is like, should tell us a lot about how they are going about future events. 

I don't know, there's something about Infinite that I don't see the modern crowd engaging with for long. Not everything clicks and the sandbox feels off. Siege, Apex, Overwatch, Fortnite, you play these games for a month or so and you can tell that those games had years of success down the line. The executions were close to flawless.

No event is going to overcome this problem with Infinite. The game doesn't feel good to play. 343 is lucky that it was Sledgehammer's turn for CoD this year and DICE's quality in BF has been lowering steadily since BF2 and it's gotten to a tipping point. Though once the new Siege or Apex season releases or any hot video game that comes out, I don't see players returning to this experience.

9 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

They're sticking with it for now hoping that on dec 8th there is a content drop with better maps and some weapon rebalancing at the least. If not, we won't be sticking around long.  Im basically still playing because i see how easy it would be to make this game good and hope 343 will get their shit together and do it.

We've been betting on 343 to get their act together since 2012. Infinite's weapon balance is the result of this studio's third Halo game. There are no excuses for the current state of weapon balance. After all of our criticism from the flights, they increases the aiming assist. That was essentially them giving that feedback the middle finger.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Pyroteq said:

I wonder if PC players will be more likely to use it. The times I've used it close range it seemed ok, but at long range it doesn't seem any better than the BR... Which then begs the question, why is it even in the game? We already have plenty of close range weapons like the Bulldog, Mangler, AR, Heatwave, Sword... The Commando needs to have the recoil turned down a bit so it's actually useful and serves a purpose IMO.

Turns out my memory is playing tricks on me because I found the clip and turns out there was an OS involved in the equation:kappa:

8 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

But the visual variety man. So bad. It's like they are a bunch of dudes that never stepped out of office and city streets.

There are no covenant maps at all and no ancient forerunner structures like Sanctuary or Warlock.

The lack of covenant maps means every wall is a right angle. No curves at all any where like Midship or Truth, etc.

The forerunner maps that DO exist are all huge and not suitable for 4v4 tournament play unless you want to count Behemoth... Meh.

4 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

The commando is not hard to use with a controller.  NEVER go full auto.

It's less about the recoil and more about the lack of aim assist and red reticle range. I have been playing M/KB mostly so haven't really played with the Commando a huge amount with the controller, but from the flight I found the aim assist was almost non-existent compared to the BR which rewarded headshots far more easily. I barely ever saw pro players use it so figure they must think it's either crap or very situational.

I've had a few good kills with the Commando that absolutely melted people using the mouse that I couldn't see myself doing with a controller, especially at longer range.