CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

24 minutes ago, TTUVAPOR said:

Pacing yes. med to close, the thing shreds. If you're trying to pistol someone across the map, naturally the same pace at which you shoot isn't going to be accurate.

What's the issue?

Are you wanting a straight-line 100% hitscan pistol from any distance? Which by the way, has never existed except for the Halo 2 BR...and that was after it got patched.

They want the CE pistol. Imagine if in season 2 they made it available to buy for 34.30 dollars. I'd be f5ing this forum so hard. 

• Hooked 1

3 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

A lot of people bought an Xbox One for MCC.

Same here but I waited until MCC came out so I didn't have to pay for the Kinect.

1 hour ago, sporefrog said:

Loved this. The intros are waaay too long even in regular 4v4, and the absence of any hype music or countdown makes them awkward as shit. I'm not getting hyped to start the match, I'm getting annoyed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're curious as to why I fucking hate teamshot Halo so much, let me present it in one simple picture.

iG7Clto.png

We lost by 15 and I went even. If I could've finished off five more of those guys it would've been a game.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Hooked 1

I'm past the point of caring about this game but holy fuck the feedback makes me want to end it all. 

If I had to be completely honest, the game looks like, feels like, and plays like a blend of Reach, 4, and 5. I'm not being hyperbolic or insulting, that's what it is. I can't conceive of a way in which it even vaguely resembles "classic Halo". It's the distilled essence of nu-Halo, particularly 5 and Reach. 

I don't think the Halo subreddit is astroturfed but it may as well be. Halo's fanbase died between 2011-2013, and what's being paraded around now is just the excavated corpse on puppet strings. The average Halo player that remained since then is a lobotomized redditard who shits himself in indignant fury if the guns won't aim themselves and the game doesn't play like a free-for-all moshpit. 

Much as I dislike teamshot Halo, it still feels like a breath of fresh air compared to Reach-meets-H5-meets-2022. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If you're curious as to why I fucking hate teamshot Halo so much, let me present it in one simple picture.

iG7Clto.png

We lost by 15 and I went even. If I could've finished off five more of those guys it would've been a game.

I feel so ridiculously impotent as an individual player in this game it isn't even funny. Nearly every single weapon in the sandbox takes ages to kill and on average feels like it has to reload/vent MID-GUNFIGHT before you can finally finish off a 1v1. Every shield broken with the Sidekick and even the AR is often a reload, it is awful. 1v2s or more are impossible because the game takes so long to kill you have to tunnel vision someone and by the time they are weak their teammate(s) are there to finish YOU off, while you are trying to duck into cover for a simple reload on your tiny mag.

It is astounding. Crazy thing is, Destiny 2 year 1 tried this overly teamshot heavy approach and the game got so much backlash that Bungie actually did something against their tradition and overhauled their entire sandbox to significantly empower players. Would be great if this happened for Halo after all this time. Even something like the H4 Turbo update would do wonders but honestly Destiny hits the sweet spot IMO.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

It's all bullshit. Reddit especially is all bought and paid for, the devs and their butt gerbils run the subs associated with their games. It's especially obvious in 343's case, with how they operate like a political campaign and bring the "good" people into the tent and letting them get sneak peeks at new content and putting them in the credits. The people writing the "[New Halo Game] is the best Halo game I've ever played, and I've been playing since CE. The weapons feel so incredible and powerful, and the movement mechanics are delicious! Suck it haters, and thank you 343!" posts are shills, and the mass of literal 80 IQs who are only there for the cosplay, campaign one-liners, blooper videos, and other karma grabs just gobble it up and go along with what appears to be the consensus.

All major media platforms are bought and paid for. There's good reason why Corporate entities have free reign to do what they want. This Reddit Blog from 2013, with reddit statistics shows places where people are "addicted":

• Eglin Air Force Base, FL
  • Oak Brook, IL
  • South St. Paul, MN

The first place is the American Government and the latter two are where Corporate entities lie in. Keep in mind this was almost a decade ago so they've been shitposting and controlling discourse for at least that long. It doesn't take much for a big company in recent years to get a strong influence and foster an apologist-like environment on Reddit.

• Like (+1) 2

Forge and Co-op being delayed doesn't surprise me at all. Covid significantly impacted the productivity of even the most competent game developers. 343 was struggling even before the pandemic while also being based in Seattle where I am not sure if they have permission to be within 100 yards of another human being without a full hazmat suit on yet.  

I'd wager half of what Joseph Staten did when he joined the project was to essentially cease work on large portions of the game to shift focus on the core of the product that could be shipped as soon as possible without it being a broken mess. The options were probably: ship the "full game" this fall as a broken mess, ship it this fall but only the "core experience," or delay it yet another year. Obviously they picked the option that would make them money as soon as possible with the least pushback.

Yes they had "6 years" but obviously most of that time was not spent actually working on this game. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Not having Forge for so long is going to single-handedly kill this game.

If they were smart they would add in their early Forge builds into MM or custom games. We might not be able to build maps yet but at least give us something. 

• Like (+1) 2

So there are upgraded weapons in the SP, how ironic will it be when there is an upgraded Sidekick or BR that would be amazing in MP only available in SP? Gonna be hilarious. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Seven said:

So what settings are recommended to stop windmilling my BR close range other than not being bad.

Reduce all deadzones down to almost 0.  Set accelleration to 5 and sensitivity to 3/3 and work with just the sensitivity from there.  I was using 4/4/4 as my starting point for a while, but the higher accel and lower sense seems to be the ticket.

2 hours ago, TTUVAPOR said:

Pacing yes. med to close, the thing shreds. If you're trying to pistol someone across the map, naturally the same pace at which you shoot isn't going to be accurate.

What's the issue?

Are you wanting a straight-line 100% hitscan pistol from any distance? Which by the way, has never existed except for the Halo 2 BR...and that was after it got patched.

A pistol that shoots in a straight line.  Uh yes, i want my aiming to do the talking not RNG.  that should apply to every weapon.  BUT no NOT hitscan. Nothing should be hitscan unless its a literal laser.  slow them bullets down.

7 minutes ago, xSociety said:

If they were smart they would add in their early Forge builds into MM or custom games. We might not be able to build maps yet but at least give us something. 

If they were truly following a GaaS model, they would release these things as soon as they were working with some stability and add features to them over time.  Since they're not, i can only assume forge is just straight up not working.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say you shouldn't be able to doubleshoot power weapons

Especially if the only way to do it is if you have equipment. Hopefully they can fix fast. 

If this was H2 everybody here would be for it. 

But since is Infinite it needs to be patched asap. Never change Beyond

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 2

Lot of positive feedback for Infinite seems to come from people being mad at CoD Vanguard and BF 2042.
Guess these days it's cool to claim another game is doing everything right to appear more edgy towards your group of players / main game community.

1 minute ago, iCUBANEX said:

Copium.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, iCUBANEX said:

This double shot is no where near the same as the Halo 2 one. For starters it's only possible if you have equipment, which not everyone will have. That is not balanced. 

Just now, xSociety said:

This double shot is no where near the same as the Halo 2 one. For starters it's only possible if you have equipment, which not everyone will have. That is not balanced. 

COMBO IS COMBO 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Hooked 1