CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Hemlax said:

This will help the game I quess?

Lmfao, this reminds me of Rogue Company. He played that game for a little while, to the point where Hi-Rez gave him his own skin in the game and an entire map based on him. By the time the map came out he had basically abandoned the game completely. 

4 hours ago, FeaR said:

anyone know how is the performance on the series s?

From what I have played, it performs fine. There's an setting for your console in game to focus on performance or quality. I have mine on 'quality' and frame rate is holding up so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok so another update on the aiming with controller on pc problem.

Just had a session where I restarted the game 6 times and the aiming still wasn't working. I started to feel stupid and was thinking if the problem isn't in my head.

Then I loaded up big screen and started the game from there and boom, aiming was good. 

I can see right away if the aiming is ok without even touching the controller. If it's broken, reticule moves by itself slightly like when controller drifting. If it's ok, it's rock solid. 

So yeah, it's kind of a drivers conflict I guess? 

Problem is, there is no solution that works everytime. Suggesting to press start on controller on intro screen is correct, problem is, my controller doesn't react on intro screen everytime so I have to use a mouse. Than again, even when i click the mouse, aiming sometimes work. Can't seem to find the pattern. Even big screen mode didn't help when I was trying it yesterday. It's looks random.

But yeah, aiming work's or it doesn't that is clear. When I load the game i have to play a bot match first to see if the aiming is ok.

But don't ask me if my "good" aiming is actually perfect, like not heavy, I can't tell you that, I only know when it's broken it's unplayable. Ice-skating reticule.

I really want to see if 343 will react to this problem. Sigh.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Ok so another update on the aiming with controller on pc problem.

Just had a session where I restarted the game 6 times and the aiming still wasn't working. I started to feel stupid and was thinking if the problem isn't in my head.

Then I loaded up big screen and started the game from there and boom, aiming was good. 

I can see right away if the aiming is ok without even touching the controller. If it's broken, reticule moves by itself slightly like when controller drifting. If it's ok, it's rock solid. 

So yeah, it's kind of a drivers conflict I guess? 

Problem is, there is no solution that works everytime. Suggesting to press start on controller on intro screen is correct, problem is, my controller doesn't react on intro screen everytime so I have to use a mouse. Than again, even when i click the mouse, aiming sometimes work. Can't seem to find the pattern. Even big screen mode didn't help when I was trying it yesterday. It's looks random.

But yeah, aiming work's or it doesn't that is clear. When I load the game u have to play a bit match first to see if the aiming is ok.

But don't ask me if my "good" aiming is actually perfect, like not heavy, I can't tell you that, I only know when it's broken it's unplayable. Ice-skating reticule.

I really want to see if 343 will react to this problem. Sigh.

What about if you go through the Xbox app and not Steam? Haven't tested that yet. 

2 hours ago, Hemlax said:

This will help the game I quess?

Weird they decided to do this when he was practically bashing the game a few weeks ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 1

So I think I'm already getting bored of Infinite. I've played ~50 matches and now I have no interest to play it after work. Without Forge+Customs, it feels like a demo to an okay game. No extra maps or a playlists like SWAT is going to fix that.

It doesn't help that 343 has joined developers like DICE and Riot in terms of making their game less interactive. Even though the population is booming, the multiplayer experience doesn't feel energetic. Even a CoD launch still has a great vibe too it. This launch doesn't.

• No one's talking because voice is off by default
  • Everyone is booted out immediately after the match so there's no post-game lobby interaction

I might as well be playing with bots, it would be the same experience. It's dry and boring.

I know a lot of you don't like CoD but it's the only new shooters out these days where the multiplayer experience feels energized when playing. MW was a fun time and MW2 should match that vibe. People talking, getting partied up, asking each other what build they have, flaming eachother because of using a weapon, talking about the game itself, etc.

I still plan to play a little bit but just like Halo 5, this got boring for me quick. I doubt I'll have heavy interest until Forge comes out.

• Like (+1) 9

5 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

So I think I'm already getting bored of Infinite. I've played ~50 matches and now I have no interest to play it after work. Without Forge+Customs, it feels like a demo to an okay game. No extra maps or some playlists like SWAT is going to fix that.

It doesn't help that 343 has joined developers like DICE and Riot in terms of making their game less interactive. Even though the population is booming, the multiplayer experience doesn't feel energetic. Even a CoD launch still has a great vibe too it. This launch doesn't.

• No one's talking because voice is off by default
  • Everyone is booted out immediately after the match so there's no post-game lobby interaction

I might as well be playing with bots, it would be the same experience. It's dry and boring.

I know a lot of you don't like CoD but it's the only new shooters out these days where the multiplayer experience feels energized when playing. MW was a fun time and MW2 should match that vibe. People talking, getting partied up, asking each other what build they have, flaming eachother because of using a weapon, talking about the game itself, etc.

I still plan to play a little bit but just like Halo 5, this got boring for me quick. I doubt I'll have heavy interest until Forge comes out.

This really has been an issue for a while. On the one hand I don't want to hear people playing shitty music or their kids crying or whatever, but at the same time solo queuing and just hearing literally nobody speak makes the game feel sterile. Like the exact opposite of what it used to be like. 

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, Stephander said:

Weird they decided to do this when he was practically bashing the game a few weeks ago.

A skin that he himself leaked too at that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Good call making a skin for a content creator who keeps saying multiplayer shooters just bore him these days and we need a Halo Battle Royale asap.

But, champ, think about the spectating standpoint! It won't survive 3 weeks!

42 minutes ago, xSociety said:

What about if you go through the Xbox app and not Steam? Haven't tested that yet. 

Haven't tested that either. Will wait a bit if someone find a valid solution or patch comes out. I might try it later though.

27 minutes ago, Stephander said:

"Hmm, maybe they have a thick skin and are willing to let the dirt roll off their shoulders, put their ear to the ground, and listen to crit- nope it's money"

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

4 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

But, champ, think about the spectating standpoint! It won't survive 3 weeks!

People forget twitch viewership isn't hard correlated to popularity of a game, if you check steamcharts TF2 has roughly 100k people playing right now while sitting at 500 viewers on twitch. Sure exposure and hype helps but for a game as old as team fortress 2 to still exist and have 100k players online right now (Halo infinite is only one rank above it with 132k) it mostly took solid gameplay and replayability.

Also the constant Doc blabbering about the "spectating standpoint" is basically him admitting that his audience are a bunch of CoD Warzone BR players that he would most likely lose partially switching to a regular multiplayer from a BR. So yeah it's much more him caring about his numbers than the game or experience he is talking about, once you get a ton of viewers your main objective is to keep them - what he is saying is his audience was build on the battle royale genre and he is scared of losing it playing anything else.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Also the constant Doc blabbering about the "spectating standpoint" is basically him admitting that his audience are a bunch of CoD Warzone BR players that he would most likely lose partially switching to a regular multiplayer from a BR. So yeah it's much more him caring about his numbers than the game or experience he is talking about, once you get a ton of viewers your main objective is to keep them - what he is saying is his audience was build on the battle royale genre and he is scared of losing it playing anything else.

Yeah, as soon as he said that I was able to get an impression of his reasoning for a Halo BR. All of the streamers advocating for Halo BR just seem bored with Warzone and that's why there was such a shitshow over the Doc. It's up to the streamer to keep their audience entertained. 

1 hour ago, Geaux Andrew said:

I've ONLY played against the bots. What's the point anymore. There's no toxicity (real enjoyment) online.

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Got the Series X in the mail. 

1. Damn it looks good in person, especially the controller.

2. It's SMOL! 

So jelly

Should be easy to bring over for a LAN

2 hours ago, DoxGhost said:

From what I have played, it performs fine. There's an setting for your console in game to focus on performance or quality. I have mine on 'quality' and frame rate is holding up so far.

I would choose performance for the higher framezzzzz. For multiplayer at least.

IDK I absolutely love playing the bots in customs. Can edit the settings a bit to something more enjoyable, and it is about damn time Halo added them. Plus they are fantastic for practicing and warming up the basics.

Not being able to access Xbox Live until 2012 with only siblings and a couple friends to completely outmatch in splitscreen before that time has made me forever want and appreciate bots in any PvP game.

9 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I would choose performance for the higher framezzzzz. For multiplayer at least.

I chose quality since this is the first game I get to experience 4k in and so far.... it's pretty? I guess? I feel the multiplayer is missing some lighting or something.

34 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

I chose quality since this is the first game I get to experience 4k in and so far.... it's pretty? I guess? I feel the multiplayer is missing some lighting or something.

It's missing a modern game engine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

Man watching some of those onyx mkb players running around with sentinel beam looks so good. So much faster. Reminds me of quake.

Wonder how would some mkb players do competitively. What are the mkb/controller rules for hcs tournaments?

4 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Man watching some of those onyx mkb players running around with sentinel beam looks so good. So much faster. Reminds me of quake.

Wonder how would some mkb players do competitively. What are the mkb/controller rules for hcs tournaments?

You are only allowed to use either a mouse or a keyboard.

• Simms (+1) 5

I think this game plays on PC, makes me wish it was on PC back in the ol MLG H2 days. The controller is flat out limited on what a person can do in terms of aiming, movement, etc. Doesn't surprise me that PC players are going to start showing some crazy Halo gameplay.