CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

My first night focusing on Big Team instead of ranked.  Every game has been join in progress, joined at the very end.  

Sigh.  Why does this shit seem to only happen in Halo?

Halo trying to be like Battlefeild.  Only in Halo.  Except is all shittiness

I swear teammates in social are ********. They’ll rush the ball carrier and not even try to be aware

32 minutes ago, xSociety said:

For science.

Was the hypothesis correct 

1 hour ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Vetoed is streaming Splitgate right now. lol

this hurts to read. This guys enthusiasm while streaming H5 was genuine, and while I didn't appreciate the game entirely, he made the experience all the better knowing he well and truly cared for Halo, when our streaming community is awash with shills and vapid content creators. It's a shame to see whatever input he had for the future of this series clearly be brushed aside. 

This battlepass progression is pretty scuffed if I can be mvp three games in a row and only go from rank 1 to like 2.5. You should get xp for how many medals you get along with challenges and staying in matches without quitting.

Wake me...........when we get to the point to where we can mod out sprint/clamber/thrust/slide and mod in button glitches for customs. 

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Vetoed is streaming Splitgate right now. lol

Competing in a $10k tournament. Hardly something to read into. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

Competing in a $10k tournament. Hardly something to read into. 

Yea I saw that once I watched for a few seconds.  It was just funny to me at first. 

3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Man I give the fuck up. I was so fucking down on this game after the flight and as bad as I hated it and as little is it changed from then until now I was legitimately giving a shot at trying to enjoy it. I did my 10 ranked games yesterday, I got on today trying to psych myself up to rank up to Onyx, and I immediately crash ~1 min into my first game. I don't meet the recommended specs but I get ~100 fps on low settings, this is not an underpowered build.

I'm done until they can finish this damn game. This would make 4 ranked matches out of 11 in which either my game or computer has crashed. There were another three matches for a total of 7/11 matches in which I either crashed, or another player did. This is NOT counting a match that started 3v4.

What an absolute fucking joke.

Make sure to update your drivers and disable the high res texture option within steam options for this game.

One thing I don't understand about the Battlepass system is you think they would want you to be able to unlock most of the items relatively quickly. If I knew that I would get 10 new armor sets I'd spend the money on the pass instantly, but I guess the stats tell them to prey on the whales that will just spend even more money to unlock things faster? With the current system, if you aren't going to play the game daily the vanilla Battlepass is a waste of money. I saw they might be making some changes as early as this week, it is by far the main complaint you see from causal players. 

MCC is unsurprisingly a ghost town btw, wanted to play to some H3 to remind myself it is possible to aim without without feeling like you are struggling against the game and I matched the same sweaty team of 4 multiple times in a row and just quit on the loading screen. I really hope that game doesn't become unplayable. 

1 minute ago, T_ReV said:

Make sure to update your drivers and disable the high res texture option within steam options for this game.

If my game still crashes after that I'm gonna beat your ass.

3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I don't meet the recommended specs but I get ~100 fps on low settings, this is not an underpowered build.

What are your PC specs where you can simultaneously be under the min specs but still get 100 FPS? I'm struggling to get over 75 FPS on a GTX 1080.

2 minutes ago, Pyroteq said:

What are your PC specs where you can simultaneously be under the min specs but still get 100 FPS? I'm struggling to get over 75 FPS on a GTX 1080.

I meet the min, not recommended. Ryzen 1600 + GTX 1070. I've set all my settings as low as they go.

4 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I meet the min, not recommended. Ryzen 1600 + GTX 1070. I've set all my settings as low as they go.

Ok, I have a Ryzen 3600, 32GB of RAM and a GTX 1080... To get 100 FPS I have to set resolution scaling to 75% (1080P) and look at a wall. I'm very confused... Have you put your resolution scaling as low as possible or is my ex-rendering farm card a complete dud?

I also had a crash to desktop while trying to test my FPS in a bot match. I didn't have any CTD last night. Are you running W11? Wonder if that has anything to do with it because I was booting off my W10 drive last night.

I've been switching MnK and Controller for  Halo Infinite and ... oh man. It's almost like Im having 100% different experiences with everything. 

Not in a good way.

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

I mean, the average Halo fan at this point is sub-100 IQ that cares first and foremost about Spartan dress-up and whether or not we can play as an elite. Any person that thinks critically about the quality and integrity of gameplay left this shipwreck of a franchise a long time ago. We're all that's left, and I don't think any of us are likely to stick around for the next game unless something drastic happens.

Personally, I'm over gaming at this point. Nearly the entire industry is so corporatized and as a result the quality of triple A video games has gone down the shitter. I'm just happy I lived to experience the golden days of gaming. I feel for my young nephews and cousins that are growing up in this landscape of games that prey on our lowest instincts and are decimating their attention span. It's thoroughly unhealthy.

I don't wanna get political, but I'll bash capitalism any chance I get. The coercive law of competition can lead to great innovations and improvements in quality, but at a certain point the imperative to indefinitely increase profits inevitably reduces the quality of products, and this fact has become apparent in the video game industry over the past few years. Games are no longer creations of passionate gamers that wish to create fun experiences. Instead, every design decision is now made with respect to whether or not it will generate a profit, and these decisions are driven quantitatively with graphs, charts, focus group data etc. This is endemic really to the corporate ruling class, that views the entire world as a math equation, but at the end of the day it is these very people that control the means of producing the majority of games being produced today.

A bit of a rant, but this game has really put a damper on my mood the past three days. I don't even consider myself a gamer, really. I'm mostly a Halo player that happens to enjoy other games. The only reason I even purchased a last gen console was to play MCC, and that was the biggest letdown up until that point. It just hurts to see a franchise that means so much to you totally tarnished by a bunch of corporate executives that have probably never even played the game to begin with, even more so when they're designing the game to appeal to the lowest common denominator imaginable.

Eh... I wouldn't attribute it to Capitalism. It all comes down to bad governance in my opinion. There's several issues that's leading to stagnation in gaming:

• Master - Slave equilibrium (aka 1% Rich 99% Poor): The state of America is purposely kept so that the common citizen is kept poor, working long hours, stressed, and etc. Would-be creators are forced to survive to support themselves or their family, so going after creative projects is heavily discouraged. Also, people working at gaming companies lack agency and dissent is obstructed since that job is their livelihood.  
  • Public Domain & Copyright duration: As the world has grown with the spread of the internet and the like, the questionably long duration of Copyright makes little sense given the outreach one can obtain. This prevents IPs from falling into Public domain so that dedicated fans of those IP can give new life to them. Games like Halo 3, Super Smash Bros Melee should be Public domain property so that branch works can be created (Halo Online, Super Smash tournaments/mods) but we're stuck at the behest of companies. 
  • Encouraged decline of Creative quality: Not a coincidence that every entertainment area is showing lack of quality in creation/story/etc. This is 100% backed by the shareholders/people who back the bigger producers/developers.
  • Public speech/expression controlled: Government/Corporate entities control all the major media platforms and have shills/bots everywhere to control discourse. This seeps into discussions on entertainment since the parameters put in place on other topics affect Gaming as a whole too (i.e. Herd mentality, Search result manipulation, Inorganic promotion, etc). It results in dissenters/people having to branch off into distant but small tight-knit communities. 

35 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Playing and seeing this video really makes me wonder why 343 didn't keep Shields tied to sprint mechanic.

• Like (+1) 1

I just can't get over how bad shooting feels in this game.

I give it a maximum of 6 months before the player base is down 80%

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, DoxGhost said:

Playing and seeing this video really makes me wonder why 343 didn't keep Shields tied to sprint mechanic.

Instead they just decided to allow you to get shot behind corners by the BR. 

• Simms (+1) 1