CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, znot said:

i think this dude quit his decent paying job, with 3-4 kids and a wife... to play halo on stream fulltime. 

i hope for his sake the game at least does good for  a while...  honestly. lol couldn't have picked a worse game to full time stream .

ALSO i always loved that message at the end "thanks for trusting us with the universe you love"  Bitch like I had any choice in THAT

1. Is that true, lol holy shit this guy better hope infinite streaming pops off. 
2. Ikr 343 act like we had some choice. 

9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Here's a better question. Why would they shadow drop a triple-A game?

They did it for Apex right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That kind of worked with Apex Legends. The game just came out without any hype or fanfare. Although Respawn threw money at all the biggest streamers to get them to play for a week or two, so maybe Microsoft will be doing something similar. 

2 minutes ago, sporefrog said:

They did it for Apex right?

According to Respawn, they were wary of angsty Titanfall fans getting weirded out by the pre-release marketing...which is a baffling and bizarre thing to say about your own fanbase. Regardless, we already knew Infinite was being developed and had a rough release date, though. It doesn't make sense to just randomly drop it a little earlier without warning.

44 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Be one ballzy move if they do.

Also it would make fans so happy. They’re doing a live stream tomorrow, and if they were to announce it right after the stream ends, think about it. That be epic.

They're going to release the MP on the 15th for those that pre-order the campaign. GamePass people not included.

If I'm right there is no way in hell I'm paying for that shit. 

Team Beyond: No way I'm paying a cent for this game, even if they release it early for pre-orders.

Also Team Beyond on Monday:

Vintage Money GIF

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

They're going to release the MP on the 15th for those that pre-order the campaign. GamePass people not included.

If I'm right there is no way in hell I'm paying for that shit. 

Couldn't we pre order campaign and then cancel it after downloading?. 

I started editing my diss video where I had spanish flea playing and was making fun of the whole feedback post, including two direct contradictions I found. But the energy levels needed to commit to making the meme decent enough would never be worth the payout. Hate takes too much energy and it is such a waste.

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Team Beyond: No way I'm paying a cent for this game, even if they release it early for pre-orders.

Vintage Money GIF

Yeah people here need to stop pretending they're not going to drop hundreds of hours on Infinite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Vintage Money GIF

22 days is too much time, we are going to drop the big bucks. 

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I started editing my diss video where I had spanish flea playing and was making fun of the whole feedback post, including two direct contradictions I found. But the energy levels needed to commit to making the meme decent enough would never be worth the payout. Hate takes too much energy and it is such a waste.

Yeah people here need to stop pretending they're not going to drop hundreds of hours on Infinite.

Push through man the people need you! and by people i mean the 14 people here that are going to watch it.  At least let us in on the contradiction you found.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

On 11/11/2021 at 9:49 AM, Cursed Lemon said:

I think there's one other Halo where the sniper has spread unscoped, I don't remember which though.

Not that that fucking matters at all.

Halo CE has unscoped sniper spread for sure, and I’m pretty sure Halo 2 has zero spread. Can’t vouch for the others since they have bullet magnetism on unscoped shots from Halo 3 onward.

10 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

According to Respawn, they were wary of angsty Titanfall fans getting weirded out by the pre-release marketing...which is a baffling and bizarre thing to say about your own fanbase.

They weren't wrong. Apex replaced Titanfall while also having nothing about what made Titanfall likable.

4 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Vintage Money GIF

isnt mp free tho? 

343 is so embarrassed by Infinite and I love it. Everybody in that multiplayer reveal vidoc from a while back looked like they were being held at gunpoint and forced to say nice things about their own game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I'm pretty hardcore into Halo's campaigns, and I have a firm belief that Halo doesn't get as popular as it did back in the day without them

you can bet your ass I am not preordering campaign to play a f2p multiplayer 3 weeks early if that ends up happening, for people who want to buy the 60 bucks campaign anyways you could argue it's fine but then again is this some sort of trick / potential damage control for the campaign being underwhelming at launch?

On 11/11/2021 at 12:10 AM, Snipe Three said:

I genuinely don't think sprint is the deciding factor for if the game is fast or slow. Its truly just about how fast you're making decisions and acting on them and somehow we got dragged down into some idiotic argument with people where they think the game is slow because they don't get speed lines on their screen that tell them they're fast instead of using brain cells to decide how often they're actually doing things.

The whole sprint debate is such a farce because of this and the best part is that the developers know it. The guy that stretched map design to accommodate sprint understood this at a fundamental level. They gave idiots a button to press for the illusion of speed but changed the size of the map so that the actual gameplay pace stayed about the same to the best of his ability. You can see they aren't actually interested in making a faster game they're interested in giving you buttons that make the focus group feel faster

Couldn’t agree more on this, very well written, but how do you propose to educate the users who will say the game is too slow otherwise. The maps would have to so well designed to make the game feel fast paced even without sprint, and this would have to be done across all maps, not just competitive maps. 

This to me is the hardest component, how do you create large, exciting big team battle maps, or battle royal maps that stack up to the competition without sprint. Inevitably those maps in particularly the battle royal maps (should 343 decide to go down that route) would have to be much smaller. 

it is almost like there needs to be 2 different games at this point.

Just to clear I don’t disagree with anything you said, I am just not sure how go about convincing the casual fan base that sprint is not necessary.