CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 hours ago, xSociety said:

Hard to say the pve looked fun when the AI stood still and waited for your shield to be up to shoot it with a rocket. Also, when the banshees fly strait up without turning or shooting at you. 

It was probably on normal or easy difficulty

• Downvote (-1) 1

I will play it without a doubt, I mean it's a Halo game. But yes, we do complain about things here, if I wanted to praise it I'd do so on reddit or twitter and get 1,000 upvotes. 

I think the game looks overall fun but I'm not blown away by anything about it, especially not after how long they have been working on it. Where are the different biomes? Graphics are truly not anything to be that excited for. No co-op sucks. 

Performance is also still not a guarantee, it didn't run great on my beast PC in a 4v4 match, how will an open world fare? 

Lol what FPS were you getting? I was getting 150fps with a 1070 TI and i7 8700k. 
This isn’t CS or overwatch you ain’t getting no 300 FPS 

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Lol what FPS were you getting? I was getting 150fps with a 1070 TI and i7 8700k. 

Thats kind of his point?  I was getting about 90 with a 1080 Ti at 1440. The performance was all over the place with some new top tier cards doing worse than my 4 year old card

26 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

It was all over the place and my GPU never got above 70% utilization. This is at 3440x1440 with a 5900x and 3090. Work definitely still needed to be done. I also noticed less fps in actual pvp vs bots, to be expected but not really that much. 

Also, with how this games looks I should be getting 200+ EASY. I play much much better looking games and get higher fps than I did in Infinite. 

2 hours ago, xSociety said:

That is lame as hell. 

I agree.  Why can't we get some snow?  Or some dark areas with puddles of green goo like Keys?  Surely there is desert biome. I can't imagine they made Behemoth from the ground up.   

4 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I agree.  Why can't we get some snow?  Or some dark areas with puddles of green goo like Keys?  Surely there is desert biome. I can't imagine they made Behemoth from the ground up.   

Guess we'll be looking at grass from a 2010 game for the whole campaign. 

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Thats kind of his point?  I was getting about 90 with a 1080 Ti at 1440. The performance was all over the place with some new top tier cards doing worse than my 4 year old card

It wasn’t always 150 but on a fair amount it was between 120-150 

49 minutes ago, xSociety said:

It was all over the place and my GPU never got above 70% utilization. This is at 3440x1440 with a 5900x and 3090. Work definitely still needed to be done. I also noticed less fps in actual pvp vs bots, to be expected but not really that much. 

Also, with how this games looks I should be getting 200+ EASY. I play much much better looking games and get higher fps than I did in Infinite. 

There’s a lot of detail And the graphics are pretty high looking at certain games. They aren’t as low as games you’d get 200 FPS in but I also won’t deny FPS could be better. These are at least on par with Warzone graphics 

Guess we'll be looking at grass from a 2010 game for the whole campaign. 

I was curious what they said exactly so I went and found the clip. Pretty much just slight variations on what we have seen. 

Here is a tl;dw:

• Pacific Northwest - main biome 
  • High altitude - sub biome 
  • Wetlands/swamp - sub biome 
  • Deadlands - war-torn areas
  • Cave systems
  • Forunner architecture
  • Banished architecture

From a cinematic POV that was not a good trailer. Very poor reveals and no hype at all. Where's the energy a reveal trailer needs? Guess it's better than syncing guns to rap music though.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RatherSilentMr said:

because its a game that has been in development hell from a developer that has literally never released one single polished game in the mainline Halo series and that would also take away from the episodic content that I'm sure they'll be trying to monetize 

tl;dr 343 made the game. I'm sure we'll see some variation or even big shifts later on when they're trying to sell you more 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

If they introduce a desert biome now, then what hook will the 2022 DLC campaign have? Think of 343 for once in your life, geez.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

If they introduce a desert biome now, then what hook will the 2022 DLC campaign have? Think of 343 for once in your life, geez.

lmao what if this is what 343 meant by multiple biomes on the ring...

"well behemoth is a different biome and it's on the ring, we didn't lie" lol

that would be hilarious if the game actually doesn't offer any... I'm gonna be pist that a game from 2001 (CE) had more environment variety (visually)

it's actually the one thing I was excited for, seeing different areas on the ring and how they'd look modern. Looking more and more like NOPE.

May have to wait for the SANDS AND ZETA HALO DLC!!

NGL, the campaign overview was pretty nice. Definitely not a fan of everything I saw, but the game's PvE looks like it'll be a hell of a lot better than the PvP. 

Still not gonna play it though. 

I really really want to know what was going to launch last year. @S0UL FLAME anything spicy about this?

41 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I really really want to know what was going to launch last year. @S0UL FLAME anything spicy about this?

Asking for leaks or industry insider info is against the Team Beyond rules.

• Thonking (+0) 2
  • Hooked 1

3 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Damn it now I have to give myself another 24 hour ban.

However: 

• Posting about rule-breaking behavior is not allowed, please use the report feature.
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Hooked 1

Yea not a fan, but I didn't think I would be early on, that Ubisoft / Destiny style 'do the chores' style open world I can't stand. A more tailored one like GTA or Borderlands would of been something i'd be keen on. At this rate as long as snipers, competitive, BTB and customs are fun enough i'll play it, more than 4 or 5 anyway. I have a haunting suspicion that with the route they're going Infinite will be a poor mans Destiny with many aspects, not just campaign.

it's honestly crazy there's no red reticle IN THE CAMPAIGN....

are hackers gonna aimbot the AI? give me a break...

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

I really really want to know what was going to launch last year. @S0UL FLAME

Next to nothing, just like Halo 5. And it wasn't gonna have free PvP.

4 hours ago, NAK said:

I was curious what they said exactly so I went and found the clip. Pretty much just slight variations on what we have seen. 

Here is a tl;dw:

• Pacific Northwest - main biome 
  • High altitude - sub biome 
  • Wetlands/swamp - sub biome 
  • Deadlands - war-torn areas
  • Cave systems
  • Forunner architecture
  • Banished architecture

No big biome changes? This play area better be fucking gigantic cause damn not even an AotC snow type area? 

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

I appreciate the three people that reported this post.

• Simms (+1) 2

Just now, Shekkles said:

I appreciate the three people that reported this post.

Who were they, asking for a friend? No particular reason, he's just curious.

29 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Who were they, asking for a friend? No particular reason, he's just curious.

fight-me-come-on.gif

6 hours ago, Shekkles said:

From a cinematic POV that was not a good trailer. Very poor reveals and no hype at all. Where's the energy a reveal trailer needs? Guess it's better than syncing guns to rap music though.

When the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out