CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

whelmed as fuck. Halo's campaigns relied heavily on well-executed setpieces to great effect, this looks like Halo:Skyrim. 

10 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Health bars on boss fights? Can we roll like in Dark Souls too? 

I mean, yeah, you can. It's just called thrusts. The forerunner things that shoot blue beams in the sky are the new bonfires.

Are they going to explain the Banished in the campaign or are they just going to assume everyone has played HW:2? I assume there has to be some in-universe exposition to explain them to Chief at the very least, no?

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe I'm just a boomer but I genuinely enjoy FPS campaign's with linear levels. The idea of going from mission to mission and experiencing a new atmosphere and enemies and such is something that's going away in most modern games and I miss it. I can just sit down and play through The Silent Cartographer if I want to, or I can grind an entire campaign. Not everything has to be open world, because you need a fuck ton of depth to a story to make an open world game feel engaging, and I know 343 isn't capable of executing that. Now to be fair they're not capable of executing the latter either because Halo 5's campaign fucking sucked. If they can't make a cohesive traditional campaign, I have no faith that they can pull off open world.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I am enjoying the new-Cortana so far though. I like her nativity compared to the old one and I look forward to her inevitable transformation into a strong, independent, AI woman. :hooked:

8 minutes ago, NAK said:

I am enjoying the new-Cortana so far though. I like her nativity compared to the old one and I look forward to her inevitable transformation into a strong, independent, AI woman. :hooked:

Why'd they have to cover those digital titties up? Halo 4 nudist Cortana is the only 343 has ever gotten right.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NAK said:

Same thing they did with Lara Croft.

Old Lara: Will cut your throat if you get in her way. Openly admits that she's ruthless and will sacrifice you to make sure the relic doesn't get in the hands of Trinity. Is low key insane but with what she does, how couldn't she not be?

New Lara: "Oh my god, even though I've killed up to 300 people at this point, I'm still oh so innocent. Are you okay little buddy? I am here for you. I miss my daddy."

It's like these games were made by people who weren't in friend groups with cool girls and have this anime perception of all women.

Boy they just dropped some hugely relevant plot items in that reveal with absolutely zero gravity or drama lol Jesus Christ

Anyway, "whelmed" is definitely the word.

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Hully said:

Fix the stretching in that H4 Cortana pic for it to be convincing but yeah, H4 Cortana feels like it was made by an alternate universe based 343.

22 minutes ago, Hully said:

Maybe I'm just a boomer but I genuinely enjoy FPS campaign's with linear levels. The idea of going from mission to mission and experiencing a new atmosphere and enemies and such is something that's going away in most modern games and I miss it. I can just sit down and play through The Silent Cartographer if I want to, or I can grind an entire campaign. Not everything has to be open world, because you need a fuck ton of depth to a story to make an open world game feel engaging, and I know 343 isn't capable of executing that. Now to be fair they're not capable of executing the latter either because Halo 5's campaign fucking sucked. If they can't make a cohesive traditional campaign, I have no faith that they can pull off open world.

100% me too. I don't have the time or patience anymore to explore every nook and cranny like I used to. That's why I loved the latest DOOM games so much. 

I can play certain open world games but only if I force myself to stick to the main quest.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

Fix the stretching in that H4 Cortana pic for it to be convincing but yeah, H4 Cortana feels like it was made by an alternate universe based 343.

I made it the wrong way originally but the stretching is what it is. I'm just throwing shit together in MS Paint.

The last thing I'd ever want to have is Uny's job. Every day he has to go online and be the bearer of more bad news and deliver 343's newest batch of excuses. It gets even worse if you consider what audience he has to talk to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Boy they just dropped some hugely relevant plot items in that reveal with absolutely zero gravity or drama lol Jesus Christ

Anyway, "whelmed" is definitely the word.

Right? I was just like "Oh, so that's the big villain?". Wtf 343 lol 

Imagine hopping in a Warthog with Master Chief like thank goodness we're saved, and then he just drives off a cliff. 

13 minutes ago, Hully said:

I made it the wrong way originally but the stretching is what it is. I'm just throwing shit together in MS Paint.

Amateur hour: over

zjGuJAc.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • Hooked 1

"I was created to lock down Cortana.  But I don't know why.  What did she do that was so wrong?" 

I can relate to this new AI.  She is clueless just like me.  She must have played the last two games as well and due to the awful story telling, has no idea what's going on anymore as well.  At least they are making the story oddly relatable and self aware. 

:simms:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 4

Surprised how some of you guys care about lore so much all of a sudden. 

This obviously wasn't a story trailer but a gameplay showcase. And let's not pretend Halo story ever was something super special.

There were some very cool moments, pve looks fun, visuals look much better. Honestly I don't see here too much to complain about.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

This obviously wasn't a story trailer but a gameplay showcase. And let's not pretend Halo story ever was something super special.

There were some very cool moments, pve looks fun, visuals look much better. Honestly I don't see here too much to complain about.

The story of the original trilogy was awesome.  The first game was epic.  Reach was pretty good too.  Halo 4 and 5?  Lol give me a break.  You should at come away from a game understanding the general overall plotline.  I have no clue what 4 and 5 we're about.  It was told that bad. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Are they going to explain the Banished in the campaign or are they just going to assume everyone has played HW:2? I assume there has to be some in-universe exposition to explain them to Chief at the very least, no?

Hopefully they do it through a drip feed of occasional exposition that happens during the core gameplay.  If they go the route of the giant, unnatural exposition dumps of the last 2 games i'll be less than impressed.  One of the hilarious defenses of the Halo 4 campaign being confusing AF was the lore nerds being like "Well if you accessed all the terminals and read [insert mediocre halo novel and comic here] then it was totally understandable."  Like bitch.. i play the games. The games should be like the MCU. its own self-contained thing that can draw on the EU sure, but should NOT require any real knowledge of it to know wtf is going on.

49 minutes ago, Hully said:

Yeah. If i want to choose my own adventure and level my shit up, i'll play any of the RPGs that do it better.  You also need a campaign where the main story is 20+ hours to really pull that kind of stuff off anyway. Halo campaigns have generally been like 6-8 hours, so they're tripling the campaign length this time?8

Cortana 2.0 seems pretty.. naive i guess would be the word? Granted its from like 4 lines of dialog but an AI is supposed to know a looooooooot of shit, and decipher it quickly.  "maybe its a friendly" really?  Again, its only a few lines so maybe the arc is more something like she isn't really a full AI and more of an AI-ish virus or some shit idk. But cortana always knew what was up, or if she ddn't knew how to figure that shit out.

24 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Hard to say the pve looked fun when the AI stood still and waited for your shield to be up to shoot it with a rocket. Also, when the banshees fly strait up without turning or shooting at you. 

Halo's humor died with Johnson. I feel people underestimate how integral he was in keeping things light-hearted. Damn you Marty, why'd you kill him off?

• Thonking (+0) 1

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Halo's humor died with Johnson. I feel people underestimate how integral he was in keeping things light-hearted. Damn you Marty, why'd you kill him off?

Bungie killing off Johnson before they turned Halo over was their greatest going away gift. Can you imagine 343's washed up version of Johnson?

"I know what the ladies like.........to be respected."

• Simms (+1) 4
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

These reactions can't be genuine can they?  These people are really so blown away they have to touch their face in shock for the clickbait thumbnail? 

HJGXvA0.jpg

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Hooked 4
  • WutFace (+0) 6