CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

3 minutes ago, TBCT said:

Even though I think Far Cry has been relatively stale for a while now, I could at least find fun even up to New Dawn. Jesus, though, I could not get into FC6 at all. The characters were annoying as hell to me, the boring "Complete the three areas and take on the big bad!"  deal and I just found the map way too big. Yeah, you don't have to be a map crawler, but I groaned pretty early on when I realized how big it was. 

I wonder if Halo infinites map is going to be that big? I am thinking Halo infinite will be very similar to the far cry game design.  Meaning it will be very open world-based but you have to clear out bad areas. Brute camps.

7 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

So basically "we wanted it to fee like a great PC game but the flights didn't really show that so here's this vidoc where we reiterate all of that"

Yes pretty much I don't feel like I learned much in the video that I didn't already know.  I do think that they're doing a good job with the PC build though.  They need to work on aiming and performance but that could all be much better in the final build that gets delivered.  I guess we will have to see.  But I love all the options and settings they are giving us in the menus and their dedication to ultrawide support even in cutscenes and whatnot.  I am a little shocked cuz I am used to getting shafted in that department.

I'm about ready for some more campaign reveal.  To be honest I've kind of given up hope on playing multiplayer all that much.  I'm hoping that the campaign is at least fun. I mean the game is coming out in like a month and a half and I don't even know what it's about.  Their marketing is wack.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Hi @Shekkles, glad you could make it to the thread today. I had a quick question!

If someone in this thread were to say:

Would this warrant some manner of moderator response and/or warning points applied to the offending account?

Thanks!

-NavG

pretty sure signing your own posts is a bannable offense

Infinite is quite possibly the most frustrating post H3 game to date.  its really not that far from being very good.  A few sandbox tweaks could do it.  Doubtful they will make any changes unless they have some "data" centered reason to back it up, so hopefully the data shows that the AR, Sidekick and BR at the very least, have a skill ceiling that tops out like the AR did in Halo 5.  I think realistically we know they do, but unless they have data to back it up i don't see them changing anything

I don't know why they even mention balancing them against/with each other lmao. Its literally not possible you might get lucky and they'll be similar but the real solution is giving people input/platform restrictions and then balancing the feel of the gun play separately for both input types so that its just a fun game to play on either platform. If they end up not really being balanced against each other its not really a huge loss just make sure they aren't clashing in anything ranked

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I wonder if Halo infinites map is going to be that big? I am thinking Halo infinite will be very similar to the far cry game design.  Meaning it will be very open world-based but you have to clear out bad areas. Brute camps.

I can imagine the brute camp things for small side objectives, but there's no way it will be truly open world. Just pretty small comparatively, but with a bunch to do. I'm expecting stuff like the second mission of Halo CE where you can save the three groups of marines in any order, but just bigger. It would be interesting for Halo to do a truly open world game, but even though it being Halo would put my experience up more than a typical ubisoft title, if it does typical ubi shit, I'll get bored pretty quickly.

What they really should do to make PC gamers happy is have guns that don't feel like shit to shoot.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, xSociety said:

What they really should do to make PC gamers happy is have guns that don't feel like shit to shoot.

But then shooting would be too easy. Halo needs to evolve, can't just copy/paste the same aiming mechanics from halo 2 over and over again. 

• Simms (+1) 1

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

But then shooting would be too easy. Halo needs to evolve, can't just copy/paste the same aiming mechanics from halo 2 over and over again. 

God, I hope that's satire. 

I'm going to go with my gut and say it is. So, good one! 

4 minutes ago, xSociety said:

How about you stop FUCKING ASSUMING what pc players want and putting words in their mouths, and just ASK THEM what they want???

What a truly crappy time for games a whole. Almost everything is delayed. Battlefield 2042 looks like it is going to be a mess at launch and we know next to nothing about the Halo Infinite campaign. Luckily I have a small backlog and have held off on Gampass, but it really seems like there might be nothing exciting to play this fall. Even the goddamn Witcher 3 next gen version I've been waiting over a year for got pushed until mid-2022. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

How about you stop FUCKING ASSUMING what pc players want and putting words in their mouths, and just ASK THEM what they want???

Still relevant. 

1 hour ago, TBCT said:

I can imagine the brute camp things for small side objectives, but there's no way it will be truly open world. Just pretty small comparatively, but with a bunch to do. I'm expecting stuff like the second mission of Halo CE where you can save the three groups of marines in any order, but just bigger. It would be interesting for Halo to do a truly open world game, but even though it being Halo would put my experience up more than a typical ubisoft title, if it does typical ubi shit, I'll get bored pretty quickly.

I would be cool with that.  Second level of CE is one of my favorites!  I want lots on unnatural formations to traverse through, marines to save, etc. I wonder if they are going to tie certain rewards to campaign activities and challenges.  Like have daily challenges that are campaign related in an attempt to keep people going back and replaying the campaign for some new armor coating or weapon skin or something.  Kind of like Destiny does. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

You get a narrow, artistically copied demo with nothing functional?

Not saying it's not impressive for one person but you're hyping it like it's something mind blowing when it's just someone competent in UE4 making a basic wooded area.

I just think it looks better than Infinite. Sure, the art style and environment of Zeta Halo is essentially copied from 343, but the end product still looks visually much nicer than 343’s version, especially the demo showed at E3 last year. All the more impressive is the fact it was (presumably) done by one person versus an entire studio with half a billion dollars of funding. 

1 hour ago, Knighty Knight said:

The visual representation of what the bullets are doing? Or the actual spread of the shots.

He's talking about this:

2acc95c7f6cdfc7af285b1c747c52cfd_XL.jpg

• Simms (+1) 1

Why not just unban the banned account rather than let people make alts, am i missing something?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Sitri said:

You can't shoot grenades out of people's hands anymore.

This is true for plasma grenades (and probably spike grenades) but for frag grenades there's even a medal for shooting them out of player's hands in Infinite. :wutface:

8 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Idk how big the FC6 map is but I reckon the campaign map in Infinite will be the same map used in the inevitable battle royale. It also, unfortunately, wouldn't surprise me if the map was designed for battle royale in mind first and then someone came up with the brilliant idea of making the game open world and just reusing the map.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:34 PM, _Synapse said:

Halo 3's visuals look nice for a few reasons:

It also helps that like... things look like what they're supposed to be. Not amorphous slabs of unobtainium. Concrete looks like concrete. Steel looks like steel. Grass looks like grass. 343 still struggles with that. Halo 3's materials to. this. day. successfully suspend your disbelief.

• Like (+1) 2

Lmao I can’t believe there are people complaining about micro-transactions in this game. It’s goddamn free to play. Do people seriously think the servers run on water and devs are paid in food stamps?

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

I don't know why they even mention balancing them against/with each other lmao. Its literally not possible you might get lucky and they'll be similar but the real solution is giving people input/platform restrictions and then balancing the feel of the gun play separately for both input types so that its just a fun game to play on either platform. If they end up not really being balanced against each other its not really a huge loss just make sure they aren't clashing in anything ranked

I think lowering the red reticle range on controller every input could help. Not just the red reticle range but also the range where the aim assist kicks in. I could be wrong but I think there's still a tiiiiny amount past red reticle and then after that range its completely free aim.

This could make drilling people across map harder and also make it so bullet mag isn't kicked in until close ranges.

(damn I just remembered there's no red reticle on PC)

Roast me if I'm wrong. This probably wouldn't help much anyway as controller dominated close range anyway.

Make BR and SNIPE projectile too. If this game is so "low aim assist" then ppl should have no problem leading again as that could possibly be a balancing factor. if you have to lead in a game that already has low aim assist, you risk falling out of that aim assist 'zone' every time you're leading. Again tho, this favors controllers in closer range so idk.

1 hour ago, SpitFlame said:

Lmao I can’t believe there are people complaining about micro-transactions in this game. It’s goddamn free to play. Do people seriously think the servers run on water and devs are paid in food stamps?

What about people who planned on buying the game anyway and had no interest in it being f2p? It doesn't benefit them at all.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1