CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

4 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

FFA open brackets, dropping a player each time, slowly narrowing it down to 1v1s. There were, quite literally, hundreds of people, as this was a huge tournament for the time (a few grand at stake). However, since it was so early in CE's lifespan, they made a few mistakes. It was down to the final 6 players (3 person ffa in one bracket, another 3 person ffa in another). I was playing against McNut and McDick (i think), who had traveled there from the Midwest or wherever they played out of. They put us all in a line but put McNut and McDick right next to each other on Rat Race FFA. They basically screen watched each other and I ended up taking 3rd. Oh well. 

Wow, so you've been playing since before @Reamis25 was born.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

There were, quite literally, hundreds of people, as this was a huge tournament for the time (a few grand at stake). 

Would you say that it was a... big show?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Would you say that it was a... big show?

How do I report a moderator?

15 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

FFA open brackets, dropping a player each time, slowly narrowing it down to 1v1s. There were, quite literally, hundreds of people, as this was a huge tournament for the time (a few grand at stake). However, since it was so early in CE's lifespan, they made a few mistakes. It was down to the final 6 players (3 person ffa in one bracket, another 3 person ffa in another). I was playing against McNut and McDick (i think), who had traveled there from the Midwest or wherever they played out of. They put us all in a line but put McNut and McDick right next to each other on Rat Race FFA. They basically screen watched each other and I ended up taking 3rd. Oh well. 

Whereabouts was this? Curious if it was in one of the Halo hotbeds of yore. Michigan, Utah/Nebraska, Florida, Jersey, etc.

53 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

How do I report a moderator?

Each post has a report option to the top right.

Just now, Shekkles said:

I'm afraid that by reporting a moderator, I may be retaliated against.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

46 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I'm afraid that by reporting a moderator, I may be retaliated against.

I reported both you. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Whereabouts was this? Curious if it was in one of the Halo hotbeds of yore. Michigan, Utah/Nebraska, Florida, Jersey, etc.

It was in Seattle/Bellevue; all the Westcoast guys. 

1 hour ago, xSociety said:

Was Darkman there?

Not that I recall. 

• Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mow said:

I literally have no idea what you even think you are trying to say with this post.

I'm struggling to find the part where I said that I'm disappointed that people didn't play the evolved settings?

You didn’t have too I’m sure you were. 

I'm hoping 343 gives Adam and EsportsEngine leeway with the comp settings, that would be legit, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

Also, till forge launches I don't even know if they have the tools regardless 

1 hour ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Just gonna leave this right here 

I refuse to believe that isn't a troll. 

I have seen a few people say something like "the lack of radar might be a jarring change" which, while downvoted when I saw it on Reddit, isn't a surprising response by someone who is clueless on the topic. 

The lack of a need for actual spatial awareness within video games is one of the main things that holds back modern day game design from what I can tell. Instead of truly being aware of their surroundings, players are content with staring at the HUD/minimap. Developers encourage and enable this dependence, which allows for lazy game design as well. 

54 minutes ago, LoftiestTea33 said:

I'm hoping 343 gives Adam and EsportsEngine leeway with the comp settings, that would be legit, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

Also, till forge launches I don't even know if they have the tools regardless 

Nope. 343 locking that down so they are the source of truth on everything Halo.

2 hours ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Just gonna leave this right here gvGKdMm.jpg

Who in the ass is this fool?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NAK said:

I refuse to believe that isn't a troll. 

I have seen a few people say something like "the lack of radar might be a jarring change" which, while downvoted when I saw it on Reddit, isn't a surprising response by someone who is clueless on the topic. 

The lack of a need for actual spatial awareness within video games is one of the main things that holds back modern day game design from what I can tell. Instead of truly being aware of their surroundings, players are content with staring at the HUD/minimap. Developers encourage and enable this dependence, which allows for lazy game design as well. 

I’ve always hated radar. Although I’m not against footsteps because well they’re realistic. But even steps aren’t full proof. If you’re shooting a guy across the map, you’re not gonna hear the guy coming up on you. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

12 hours ago, xSociety said:

Shoot at walls all you want, you're still wrong. 

How do you expect me to discuss anything with someone who just states out that I'm wrong without explaining why?

12 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

The problem is when you're playing competitively, you're dealing with the top 10%.  ANY time there is RNG to a gun, there is a glass ceiling on the skill. All the top players have fantastic aim, so RNG takes over from there. When the difference between a kill and a death is constantly millimeters of aim, RNG is extra bad.   Its better to be consistent, even if the gun isn't perfect.

This is a good point. Doesn't the brs excessive auto aim put a glass ceiling on skill too? The top 10% would consistently be landing 4 shots and there wouldn't be much room to stand out. 

With the commando, while you do advantage from holding down the trigger, I don't think this strategy would be especially dominant at the top level. You're just risking too much for too little. 

There's also an argument to be made for ttks. I think that low ttks create better gameplay for everyone. Not only do low ttks prevent snowballing, but they also ensure that the team with map control is not shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, hvs500 said:

How do you expect me to discuss anything with someone who just states out that I'm wrong without explaining why?

This is a good point. Doesn't the brs excessive auto aim put a glass ceiling on skill too? The top 10% would consistently be landing 4 shots and there wouldn't be much room to stand out. 

With the commando, while you do advantage from holding down the trigger, I don't think this strategy would be especially dominant at the top level. You're just risking too much for too little. 

There's also an argument to be made for ttks. I think that low ttks create better gameplay for everyone. Not only do low ttks prevent snowballing, but they also ensure that the team with map control is not shooting fish in a barrel. 

This. Top players won't miss a shot with that BR. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

You didn’t have too I’m sure you were. 

My friend, you ain't sure of shit.

So the brs ttk is what? 1.5 sec? A little slow but not awful if it's the main utility weapon and ars aren't in the game. Granted, it'd be better if it was quicker, like... 1.2 sec. Also making it hitscan is dumb. 

I could see for competitive play since we tried to cut as much as possible from the base game, but in terms of overall experience I don't see how someone could put H4 above default Reach. Default Reach had bloom and AAs on spawn to contend with which was shit, but H4 had infinity settings. Personal ordnance, random global ordnance, 2 perks, customisable loadouts, flinch, recoil, I could be wrong but was there spread like H3 too?, instant respawn, AAs again, universal sprint..FUCK that, I would rather play fiesta than that shit.

So far the social looks like a bit of a shit show and yet again there will be a big divide over social and ranked settings. Seen someone say social has forced play between PC and xbox and ranked doesn't, not a fan. They seem to be leaning into H2A a lot with ranked so why not just have the games hopper, it's a good system, off-peak you select everything available and in prime hours you can be more picky. Then just sprinkle 3-6 separate ranked playlists on top of that: HCS, doubles, FFA, 1v1, the dreamer in me would want snipers and BTB and you're golden.

Sidekick should be 6 shot 18 clip to match the 3 perfect kill BR, 4 would be ideal for both though. Make it super low mag and aim assist, make it de-scopable but cut out that bloom and recoil nonsense and make it a short range beast more like H5 or Reach ZBNS pistol. That way you have the more exciting pistol with limited range and utility and the more safe and reliable BR. Creates more metagame on what to trade.

Obviously it's 343 and they just have a weird / bad eye for design when it comes to UI, artstyle, weapon balance, game feel, physics etc etc. But if they can patch that shit or turn some of it around early, and have some more exciting maps than what we had and add some more gametypes then i'll play it. I firmly think H2A is the best they're capable of, but if they can deliver something on the same echelon i'll be happier than what we got in 4 and 5. 

• Fire (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mow said:

My friend, you ain't sure of shit.

So you weren’t disappointed in any way that settings that I believe you enjoyed and probably think should be the default halo settings weren’t played by that many and the game mode died in a month after its creation?

26 minutes ago, KelticDragon said:

Sidekick should be 6 shot 18 clip to match the 3 perfect kill BR, 4 would be ideal for both though. Make it super low mag and aim assist, make it de-scopable but cut out that bloom and recoil

I think the only Buff we will ever see for the side kick is an ammo buff and knowing 343 it won’t be 18 shots(probably 15 at best)! They know if they make it no bloom that us competitive players will dominate social with it. Hell I was dominating using it, and I know for a fact that if there was no bloom some fights I lost I wouldn’t have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think its basically guaranteed that they backpedal and give them a team slayer playlist where they get all of the dumb bullshit that should've never been in a ranked game

• Like (+1) 1