CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, BigShow36 said:

I'm serious; 150% damage modifier, 200% health modifier. Break shields in 2 BR shots, 1 headshot to kill but keeps the spam weapons in line due to the increased health (only breaking shields and headshots benefit from the damage boost). Basically the only real solution I see right now. 

Give up now while you can 

4 hours ago, l1nk22 said:

I'm very confused why they made the sidekick much harder to use then went with the BR for competitive.

Because the sidekick has no range and a tiny magazine. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigShow36 said:

Trust me, I have. 

Were BigShow1 through BigShow35 taken?

Anyone asking for custom settings to happen forget what happened to Gold Pro and our own evolved settings lol

Just now, NavG123 said:

There's already 35 Reamis accounts and he didn't want to risk a matching number.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NavG123 said:

Was NavG1 through NavG122 taken? But seriously, 36 was the number I was assigned in my first Halo tournament (Halo CE Gameclucks Seattle). 

• Like (+1) 6

What has been incredibly fascinating to witness is the casual players who are mad that it isn't AR starts, as if these people ever have or ever were going to play/contribute to competitive Halo anyway... And I'm not even necessarily talking about "random" community memebers like myself, I mean people who are "known", content creators, lore nerds, you know the type, the people that have the "extended universe" flair on r/Halo... People who I know for a fact have only ever shown contempt for competitive Halo and its community, who for some reason think their opinion means anything other than jack shit to anyone when concerning competitive settings.

The same people who puppet the asinine line "Halo 4 had good campaign and bad multiplayer, Halo 5 has bad campaign and good multiplayer" because not ever has a single unique thought regarding Halo entered their minds. The same people that in one breath will gush over how amazing Halo 5's multiplayer is and how it is "one of the best Halo multiplayers in the series!" and in the very next breath will blame all of Halo 5's flaws on the competitive community and claim that we were listened to too much.

Just lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Anyone asking for custom settings to happen forget what happened to Gold Pro and our own evolved settings lol

Hahahaha 

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Unrelatedly, if I had my run of the playlist lineup, it would be this:

1. Casual TS/obj (ranked / social)

2. BTB TS/obj (ranked / social)

3. HCS (ranked only)

4. Specialty slayer (SWAT/snipers/fiesta/etc. unranked only)

5. Action Sack (Zombies/Grifball/etc. unranked only)

6. Rotational bonus XP playlist

Everything ranked has the new competitive settings?   I hate that BTB is AR start :(

1 minute ago, Reamis25 said:

Hahahaha 

Thank you for this impressive contribution to the discussion on this thread.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mow said:

What has been incredibly fascinating to witness is the casual players who are mad that it isn't AR starts, as if these people ever have or ever were going to play/contribute to competitive Halo anyway... And I'm not even necessarily talking about "random" community memebers like myself, I mean people who are "known", content creators, lore nerds, you know the type, the people that have the "extended universe" flair on r/Halo... People who I know for a fact have only ever shown contempt for competitive Halo and its community, who for some reason think their opinion means anything other than jack shit to anyone when concerning competitive settings.

The same people who puppet the asinine line "Halo 4 had good campaign and bad multiplayer, Halo 5 has bad campaign and good multiplayer" because not ever has a single unique thought regarding Halo entered their minds. The same people that in one breath will gush over how amazing Halo 5's multiplayer is and how it is "one of the best Halo multiplayers in the series!" and in the very next breath will blame all of Halo 5's flaws on the competitive community and claim that we were listened to too much.

Just lol.

This side of the company community is the only ones who advocate for a low TTK let that sink in. You guys are like the Alt right of the comp community 

• Downvote (-1) 9
  • Thonking (+0) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

In the reveal video, I thought it was funny that Bravo alluded to BR starts being integral to competitive halo's legacy. 

Then they go on to explain how the BR's longer TTK is a good thing...

The reason MLG went with BR starts in the first place was to give players a chance to defend themselves off spawn. Raising the BR's TTK spits on its legacy by defeating the purpose BR starts were chosen in the first place. 343 thinks they have the competitive community in mind by starting us with a gun that has the BR's skin and nothing else. 

I also think Bravo understands this deep down, but 343 signs his paychecks now. 

• Like (+1) 1

I find it ironic that the way 343 makes Halo more like an arena shooter is to gimp your starting loadout so you're inclined to find better weapons.

They're like a monkey's paw.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

In the reveal video, I thought it was funny that Bravo alluded to BR starts being integral to competitive halo's legacy. 

Then they go on to explain how the BR's longer TTK is a good thing...

The reason MLG went with BR starts in the first place was to give players a chance to defend themselves off spawn. Raising the BR's TTK spits on its legacy by defeating the purpose BR starts were chosen in the first place. 343 thinks they have the competitive community in mind by starting us with a gun that has the BR's skin and nothing else. 

I also think Bravo understands this deep down, but 343 signs his paychecks now. 

Like I said only here will anyone advocate for a fast ttk

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

You mean the part where half the testers split off and formed a cult?

:kappa:

In all seriousness though I don't think we should rule it out off-hand, yes it has gone terribly in the past but there are new potential opportunities in Infinite with the game being F2P, the amount of custom games options + having a custom browser (at some point?) and with how well forge is looking to shape up. I understand the hesitation, but we also have nothing to lose at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I find it ironic that the way 343 makes Halo more like an arena shooter is to gimp your starting loadout so you're inclined to find better weapons.

They're like a monkey's paw.

Blame people treating halo like a traditional arena shooter 

1 minute ago, Mow said:

You mean the part where half the testers split off and formed a cult?

:kappa:

In all seriousness though I don't think we should rule it out off-hand, yes it has gone terribly in the past but there are new potential opportunities in Infinite with the game being F2P, the amount of custom games options + having a custom browser (at some point?) and with how well forge is looking to shape up. I understand the hesitation, but we also have nothing to lose at this point.

You have nothing to lose? Then don’t get disappointed, upset when you find out again no one plays. Better smile 

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

Bigshow36 I have not seen you in the CE playlist....when we playin man

I moved outside of town a bit last year, but now my internet is DSL...

Waiting on that Starlink to save me. 

Also, another concern for Infinite is the melee system. Tons of lunge, tons of tracking, and tons of trades. 

23 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

This side of the company community is the only ones who advocate for a low TTK let that sink in. You guys are like the Alt right of the comp community 

I literally have no idea what you even think you are trying to say with this post.

18 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

You have nothing to lose? Then don’t get disappointed, upset when you find out again no one plays. Better smile 

I'm struggling to find the part where I said that I'm disappointed that people didn't play the evolved settings?

Interesting glitch currently in MCC H3:

Grenades bounce off snow like any other hard surface.

• Like (+1) 1

My biggest takeaway from that video is that Recharge is one of the worst maps ever made. It reminds me a lot of Riptide and Riptide was one of the worst maps ever made.

1 hour ago, BigShow36 said:

Was NavG1 through NavG122 taken? But seriously, 36 was the number I was assigned in my first Halo tournament (Halo CE Gameclucks Seattle). 

Yo this is actually an awesome story. What was the tournament format and how did you do?

14 minutes ago, Silos said:

Yo this is actually an awesome story. What was the tournament format and how did you do?

FFA open brackets, dropping a player each time, slowly narrowing it down to 1v1s. There were, quite literally, hundreds of people, as this was a huge tournament for the time (a few grand at stake). However, since it was so early in CE's lifespan, they made a few mistakes. It was down to the final 6 players (3 person ffa in one bracket, another 3 person ffa in another). I was playing against McNut and McDick (i think), who had traveled there from the Midwest or wherever they played out of. They put us all in a line but put McNut and McDick right next to each other on Rat Race FFA. They basically screen watched each other and I ended up taking 3rd. Oh well. 

• Like (+1) 3