CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

The BR needs to be less easy to use and the TTK needs to be quicker, even if it's only for competitive play. But from the post, it seems they're committed to it as it is right now. Unfortunate but not surprising. This may be bold considering 343's history here, but I'm assuming the AR won't be spawning on the maps? Also, no radar and no grenade hit markers are huge.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, xSociety said:

0% chance they do that but that still doesn't solve the range issue. 

Also, the spammy nature of it is still there. Why do you guys want a spam fest Halo game? 

I didn't really have much of an issue with the range in the tech preview. 

I mean I guess you could call it spammy. You still have to hit the shots though and that's much harder to do than the BR.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, l1nk22 said:

I didn't really have much of an issue with the range in the tech preview. 

I mean I guess you could call it spammy. You still have to hit the shots though and that's much harder to do than the BR.

And you don't think constantly having to reload weakens the individual? Like the BR needs some tweaks, but just because the Sidekick takes some skill doesn't mean it doesn't need a complete overhaul.

1 minute ago, OldBlu said:

And you don't think constantly having to reload weakens the individual? Like the BR needs some tweaks, but just because the Sidekick takes some skill doesn't mean it doesn't a complete overhaul.

A complete overhaul? You only mentioned increasing the mag size...

Why do you all think we never got to play these settings?

My guess is they just put them together a week ago after spending years preparing the sandbox for social slayer and battle royale.

• Fire (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing from a starting weapon in competitive Halo: 

- low minimum TTK (less than 1 sec)

- high average TTK

- able to consistently hit targets at range

- no RNG

- single shot (no sweep shooting)

- large enough magazine to kill 4 opponents before needing to reload, assuming your aim is perfect 

I'm sick of my starting gun making me feel useless without the help of teammates, so I'm partial to faster TTKs. That said, we don't have anything close to meeting the above criteria in Halo infinite, and that really sucks. 

Yes. Should we all write a letter?

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NAK said:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/ranked-competitive-reveal

• The BR75 will be the starting weapon.
  • Motion Tracker will be disabled.
  • Grenade Hitmarkers will be disabled.
  • Friendly Fire will be turned on.
  • Modes will be Slayer, Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Oddball.
  • Weapons, equipment, and grenades on maps will be set on static spawners meaning they will always appear in the same location on each map and mode combination, and will respawn at the same intervals.

The TL;DR according to them. Probably the least offensive competitive settings we have had at launch in a very long time. Not horrible for a starting point. Now if only the actual gameplay were fun.... 

It is fun just not tO you or anyone here 

13 hours ago, Avenger said:

Looks like we might be getting BR starts for competitive at least judging by the thumbnail. We'll find out tomorrow.

Ok this game will be popular if these are the actual competitive settings. DOA cancelled

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing from a starting weapon in competitive Halo: 

- low minimum TTK (less than 1 sec)

- high average TTK

- able to consistently hit targets at range

- no RNG

- single shot (no sweep shooting)

- large enough magazine to kill 4 opponents before needing to reload, assuming your aim is perfect 

I'm sick of my starting gun making me feel useless without the help of teammates, so I'm partial to faster TTKs. That said, we don't have anything close to meeting the above criteria in Halo infinite, and that really sucks. 

Lol it wasn’t ever gonna happen. I know you love ce but that type of halo is never happening again

• Downvote (-1) 3

Comp settings look fine. I could enjoy H2A I'll enjoy this. Maybe not the best experience or what I would want but it's at least better than the first H5 settings

• Like (+1) 6

All the people bitching now just have an issue with the game in general, which I don't disagree with. However, these settings are by far the best we could've asked for given the game it is.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Probably the best settings I could have hoped for all things considered. I agree with everyone that the BR primary is too easy/slow but given the current sandbox I think it’s the best option for now. I’d prefer something like the no bloom reach DMR with less zoom or the H5 pistol.

For me a lot of it will come down to whether the maps are fun to play and right now they’re all pretty bland. I’m hoping for some remakes because I don’t trust 343 to deliver anything great. I’d love to see extraction as a gametype return also, it’s so much better than strongholds in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

First time back in years. Was not expecting this at all. Was totally expecting Commando/AR starts. Every bullet point I was on board with and it makes me feel weird. Never experienced that before with 343i or even Bungie tbh.

• The BR75 will be the starting weapon.
  • Motion Tracker will be disabled.
  • Grenade Hitmarkers will be disabled.
  • Friendly Fire will be turned on.
  • Modes will be Slayer, Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Oddball.
  • Weapons, equipment, and grenades on maps will be set on static spawners meaning they will always appear in the same location on each map and mode combination, and will respawn at the same intervals.

I would prefer a single shot as well. BR is better with projectile but we won't get projectile back so single shot would be better imo. The sidekick is terrible as a starting weapon so that wouldn't work. Honestly the only thing I would change so far watching that gameplay is:

• Replace strongholds/oddball with extraction/koth.
  • Remove commando.
  • Force use of camo/os upon pickup.
  • PLEASE fix the ui.. every 343i game has awful ui.. just please fix it.
  • Like (+1) 2

NGL I am completely mystified at people saying the BR is easy in this game, it's like they never played Halo 2, or H2A, or Halo 5, or even Halo 3. BR fights over top of middle Bazaar are an exercise in torture.

11 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

NGL I am completely mystified at people saying the BR is easy in this game, it's like they never played Halo 2, or H2A, or Halo 5, or even Halo 3. BR fights over top of middle Bazaar are an exercise in torture.

Compared to the Sidekick it's way easier

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, l1nk22 said:

Compared to the Sidekick it's way easier

That's like comparing it to a Nerf gun. The question of whether or not the BR is "easy" should be weighed by its perfect TTK vs its average TTK, which right now probably has a huge disparity - just for the wrong reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

I still don't think Infinite is going to be a game I'll want to play, but with these settings it will be a game I'll probably enjoy watching. I just don't understand why there was so much mystery about this. Why not test these settings in the public flight? The amount of AR vs AR or Sidekick vs Sidekick fights I got in during the flight dwarfs the amount of BR fights. I now feel like I didn't even get a taste of what actual Halo Infinite will be. And if they're able to recognize the necessity of the BR, why the fuck is BTB going to be AR starts?

5 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That's like comparing it to a Nerf gun. The question of whether or not the BR is "easy" should be weighed by its perfect TTK vs its average TTK, which right now probably has a huge disparity - just for the wrong reasons.

I agree that should also be taken into account but not comparing it against the other primary single fire weapon (I know BR is burst) is just plain dumb. 

I wish they'd take the vertical recoil off the BR and make it projectile instead. It's 343i and hand-holding is their brand so it's not gonna happen though. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, l1nk22 said:

I agree that should also be taken into account but not comparing it against the other primary single fire weapon (I know BR is burst) is just plain dumb. 

I'm not comparing it to the Sidekick because the Sidekick doesn't exist to me.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

What if I told you I thought the BR was easy in those games too and that that was unacceptable? H2A is a joke. H3 has random spread and an easy to use BR. Halo 2 and 5 get a pass because 2 compensates with button combos and 5 has pistol starts (and makes up for it with a movement skillgap). The BR in Halo has yet to have 1 implementation that hasn't made the game teamshotty as fuck.

• Like (+1) 3