CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Such an awful opinion 

Then you're going to hate this one. Infinite is the most boring game I've played in years. Infinite disappointed me so much that I'm looking to getting into genres of games I've never even played before rather than play it. My buddies and I were all banking on either Halo or BF2042 to be our new game this fall, but we played the flight and none of us have any desire to play it come launch. We're considering getting into Smite, a nearly 8 year old game, because we want a new experience. None of us have ever played a MOBA before, that's how bad Infinite is.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hootspa said:

You quoted the wrong post. Here’s the one you were looking for:

By fact you are wrong I am right it’s not up for debate 

• Downvote (-1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hully said:

Then you're going to hate this one. Infinite is the most boring game I've played in years. Infinite disappointed me so much that I'm looking to getting into genres of games I've never even played before rather than play it. My buddies and I were all banking on either Halo or BF2042 to be our new game this fall, but we played the flight and none of us have any desire to play it come launch. We're considering getting into Smite, a nearly 8 year old game, because we want a new experience. None of us have ever played a MOBA before, that's how bad Infinite is.

Then you are friends just have no taste. Clearly the masses don’t agree. I don’t expect people who love ce like it’s pizza to really enjoy many games.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

By fact you are wrong I am right it’s not up for debate 

Umm ackshully I have a higher reputation here on beyond so I am right and that’s not up for debate

2 hours ago, NavG123 said:

@Shekkles, are we allowed to make a script that goes through every single post on someone's account and downvotes them?

No that's rep abuse and it will get a ban. Speaking of which I broke the rules earlier today so I have to give myself a 24 hour ban.

• Simms (+1) 1

"The masses" is code for casual gamers who will be playing Warzone in a couple months. 

It's like some people don't think you can have a competitively sound Halo game that also appeals to "the masses". The original trilogy appealed to the masses in a way that Halo Infinite could only dream of. 

@KurtiZ I don't really get how you can think Infinite's sandbox is the best we've had in a while? I'd like to hear your reasoning, because IMO it's literally the worst since SMG starts in Halo 2. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Geaux Andrew said:

I generally agree with you but just want to reinforce some points

You're 100% right but to be fair, 343 had a strong reputation after Reach v7 and all we had to go by were pros who were yes men. Our hype was justified until 343 went more into detail of Infinity settings and it was downhill from there.

Basically, there was nothing wrong with being hyped for Halo 4. It made sense to be. But yeah, to say that no community was fooled is a complete lie. We all drank that kool-aid.

I will admit that I drank the Halo 4 kool-aid and even the MCC kool-aid but after the H5 ADS leak (it's important to know that this was a leak and 343 was intentionally hiding that ADS was in H5), my hype went to -100. If they're willing to do that then I knew there were going to be a lot more problems. Delays of vital features like Forge, Infection, BTB, etc, the OP AR, etc. and that's not even bringing up the campaign shit show.

You have to give it to 343. Before Halo 5, there were huge fights on the worst campaign but now the Halo community can agree on something for once. Congrats 343, you brought us together.

I'm so tired of people dismissing this. Halo 5 dropped arguably worst than Halo 4 when comparing to other games that do give population numbers and were above Halo 5 in the "most active" list on Xbox's store. Also I don't remember EU players begging to play on NA servers 6 months after launch with Halo 4.

Don't dis BC2 and 1943 like that ever again.

For the record I'm not dissing people for falling for H4. I did too. I just wanted to debunk the argument that this place keeps making "false" prophecies of games being DoA because it's simply not true.

Also yeah BFBC2 and 1943 are classics, my safe bet statement was more referring to activate population.

Also slightly related It's amusing to see how both the CoD and BF community are hyper aware of how bad Vanguard and 2042 are shaping up to be and are nonstop roasting the devs (bf 2042 subreddit has some decent meme material lately) , meanwhile the Halo community is in full damage control "bro it was just a TeChNiCaL PrEvieW" and keeps digging their heads further into the sand to avoid seeing the dozens of red flags.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hully said:

Have you played warzone? I know it’s not for everyone but I started playing it when the infinite flight was going on because I got bored of infinite after like 3 rounds of matchmaking, and I really like it. I’ve never played a COD game before and had all sorts of negative ideas about it, but I gotta say I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit. Sniping feels rewarding which I really wasn’t expecting. Idk just a thought if you’re looking for other games

1 hour ago, Hootspa said:

Have you played warzone? I know it’s not for everyone but I started playing it when the infinite flight was going on because I got bored of infinite after like 3 rounds of matchmaking, and I really like it. I’ve never played a COD game before and had all sorts of negative ideas about it, but I gotta say I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit. Sniping feels rewarding which I really wasn’t expecting. Idk just a thought if you’re looking for other games

I'm not a fan of Warzone, but I have like 1,500 hours on Apex.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

there is no UTILITY in infinite.

6 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Infinite feels like halo. It is halo.it’s not an  Objective opinion either.  It’s FACT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vanguard will be terrible and still draw players. Bf has a chance if getting its shit together either at launch or soon after. Infinite isn't going to be complete until at least half a year after launch, it's battle pass system and XP system will be garbage. 

Really can't see infinite doing too well in the long run.

• Like (+1) 2

If Infinite wants to succeed I have a couple of simple sounding yet difficult tasks for them to complete.

1. Your default aim settings should be good enough that players don't need to consider changing them outside of just the look sensitivity and never really contemplate anything like input lag or feel like things are just different somehow. If I want to change something based on personal preference that's cool and I enjoy having options for that but I should never open those menus up and start reading through everything trying to repair the game feeling bad by default.

2. You should actually use your tools and tuning knobs to adjust the sandbox often and freely. You will never get it right on the first try. Be ready to drop those balancing patches biweekly if you have to and always drop one for every season that the game goes through. It'll never be perfect so act like it and iterate towards something better.

If they do those two things this game will be better than any they have ever personally created at 343.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

If they do those two things this game will be better than any they have ever personally created at 343.

This is Halo:Spartan Assault erasure.

• Like (+1) 1

2. You should actually use your tools and tuning knobs to adjust the sandbox often and freely. You will never get it right on the first try. Be ready to drop those balancing patches biweekly if you have to and always drop one for every season that the game goes through. It'll never be perfect so act like it and iterate towards something better.

This is just something I can't trust 343 to do. They have historically offered one major balance patch per title. But live service games get several of these types of patches annually. I can't trust that they really understand what they've signed themselves up for. They really shouldn't have raised the bar on themselves--just should have left the goal at a fully featured game at launch and failed at that.

5 hours ago, xSociety said:

"The masses" is code for casual gamers who will be playing Warzone in a couple months. 

It's like some people don't think you can have a competitively sound Halo game that also appeals to "the masses". The original trilogy appealed to the masses in a way that Halo Infinite could only dream of. 

@KurtiZ I don't really get how you can think Infinite's sandbox is the best we've had in a while? I'd like to hear your reasoning, because IMO it's literally the worst since SMG starts in Halo 2. 

Seems like a lot of casual content creators think the sandbox is amazing because you can try to go for these wacky twitch highlight clips. Like a 720 no scope grapple shot.  But really underneath it all the gunplay is just laughable.

• Like (+1) 4

If Infinite wants to succeed I have a couple of simple sounding yet difficult tasks for them to complete.

I would be so surprised if 343 swallowed their pride and did something such as that.  But given their track record it ain't happening.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RatherSilentMr said:

I would be so surprised if 343 swallowed their pride and did something such as that.  But given their track record it ain't happening.

At this point, I’m convinced that IBM’s Watson is really in charge at 343, algorithmically generating game mechanics after analyzing the shooter market.  Beep boop flash suppressor.  Click click whirl sprint slide clamber ads.  

9 minutes ago, RatherSilentMr said:

Seems like a lot of casual content creators think the sandbox is amazing because you can try to go for these wacky twitch highlight clips. Like a 720 no scope grapple shot.  But really underneath it all the gunplay is just laughable.

The balance between these two ideologies is the secret sauce.  

• Like (+1) 4

12 hours ago, Hully said:

I really miss the days of pre and post game lobbies, where the lobby itself wouldn't get disbanded after every match. When you could end up playing with the same people for multiple games in a row as long as nobody left. You could seriously have little rivalries in the span of four or five games. You're shit talking player X, then you play against him and win, now you're in the post game lobby talking more trash. Now the next game starts and player X is on your team. You're doing better than him and you get to talk trash the entire time. Now the next game starts and you're playing against him again. You teabag every time you kill him. He's not taking this well, the game ends and he's in a rage. Now he's on your team again and you really bring your A game of trash talk. He can't handle it and rage quits. 

That kind of thing doesn't exist anymore and it's a crying shame. 

You forgot the scenario where the only game you smoke that player is the first one, and you end up being the one that rage quits.

10 hours ago, Reamis25 said:

Infinite feels like halo. It is halo.it’s not an  Objective opinion either.  It’s FACT

There is no such thing as an objective opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hootspa said:

I love the accusation that I’m backpedaling because I wasn’t operating under some extremely specific definition of what it means for a game to be “dead” lol. It’s such a stupid straw man argument that nobody ever made. If your goldfish ever dies, post on here to tell us. I’ll make you feel better by reminding you he’s not really dead since some of its cells are probably still alive. After all, if some aspect of it isn’t dead, it must be alive right :-)

I want you to do me a favor and google "Is ___ game dead". Literally, every post or article you find answering that question will be talking about population unless you specifically say something about the eSports side. Extremely specific my ass.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, ripharambe said:

I want you to do me a favor and google "Is ___ game dead". Literally, every post or article you find answering that question will be talking about population unless you specifically say something about the eSports side. Extremely specific my ass.

I’ve seen people make the same arguments you are making before. Nobody was under the impression that you couldn’t find games in matchmaking. We’re really not even in disagreement since you just don’t like my word choice. Let me add a disclaimer to my statement to avoid any further conflict:

Every halo since h4 has been DOA*.

*DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS THE ASSERTION THAT THE POPULATION OF THE GAMES IS 0. WHILE IT IS POSSIBLE TO FIND MATCHES IN THESE GAMES, MYSELF AND MANY OTHERS CONSIDER THESE GAMES DEAD SINCE ABSOLUTELY NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THEM OUTSIDE OF AN EVER SHRINKING HANDFUL OF CONTENT CREATORS WHO GAIN FINANCIALLY BY CREATING CLIPS FOR NOSTALGIA BROS WHO DON’T ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAMES. 

• Like (+1) 2