Jump to content
CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Hemlax said:

If I wanted to try older Battlefield game with still healthy population, which one should I buy?

Forgot to reply to this. BF4 is hands down the safest bet. The game kinda never died, got an influx of new players maybe a year ago and ever since the BF2042 reveal it's been crazy. I guess BFV also have some sort of population as its the most recent game.

30 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

Team Beyond has declared every Halo game DOA since Halo 4. That's like saying that the local doomsday preacher has said for the millionth time that the world is ending and that fact is somehow supposed to be remarkable?

What kind of retcon is this? Beyond (and THC back then) completely drank the kool aid for Halo 4, do you not remember the "have faith" signatures? Only after launch did people get disillusioned.

MCC? I remember getting negged for saying that I'm not buying an Xbone to play it at launch. @chaosTheory said a 25 gigabyte day one patch is a red flag and caught like -27 within a few minutes. This place was NUTS for that game before launch.

Same for Halo 5. The cynics were making fun of ADS and sprint sure, but most of this community ate that shit up, and unlike H4 and MCC people also defended Halo 5 post launch (some to this day). It's kind of funny how most of the H5 kids are long gone, but again there was a strong 343 defense force back then.

Quote

Halo 5's pop wasn't Halo 3 by any means but it was just fine so unless Infinite is literally unable to function on launch day everything will be fine.

The fact that 343 won't share the population numbers, that H5 had the worst sales of any mainline Halo game, that EU and Oceanic players couldn't play half the playlists, that party restrictions weren't possible "because of the population", all that leads me to believe otherwise.

But this isn't even the point. Yes you will be able to find matches. But the population will quickly fade. Maybe DoA is the wrong word, no the game won't be another MCC (hopefully). But it will be such a bad product on launch that it won't be able to hold a population and suffer the same fate as H4/MCC/H5/Splitgate. F2P might help of course, but the trash tier optimization will drive away a large part of that possible population.

And man, Is the bar for Halo really that low nowadays that "I can find games in MM on day one" means the game is fine?

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I generally agree with you but just want to reinforce some points

24 minutes ago, Basu said:

What kind of retcon is this? Beyond (and THC back then) completely drank the kool aid for Halo 4, do you not remember the "have faith" signatures? Only after launch did people get disillusioned.

You're 100% right but to be fair, 343 had a strong reputation after Reach v7 and all we had to go by were pros who were yes men. Our hype was justified until 343 went more into detail of Infinity settings and it was downhill from there.

Basically, there was nothing wrong with being hyped for Halo 4. It made sense to be. But yeah, to say that no community was fooled is a complete lie. We all drank that kool-aid.

24 minutes ago, Basu said:

Same for Halo 5. The cynics were making fun of ADS and sprint sure, but most of this community ate that shit up, and unlike H4 and MCC people also defended Halo 5 post launch (some to this day). It's kind of funny how most of the H5 kids are long gone, but again there was a strong 343 defense force back then.

I will admit that I drank the Halo 4 kool-aid and even the MCC kool-aid but after the H5 ADS leak (it's important to know that this was a leak and 343 was intentionally hiding that ADS was in H5), my hype went to -100. If they're willing to do that then I knew there were going to be a lot more problems. Delays of vital features like Forge, Infection, BTB, etc, the OP AR, etc. and that's not even bringing up the campaign shit show.

You have to give it to 343. Before Halo 5, there were huge fights on the worst campaign but now the Halo community can agree on something for once. Congrats 343, you brought us together.

24 minutes ago, Basu said:

The fact that 343 won't share the population numbers, that H5 had the worst sales of any mainline Halo game, that EU and Oceanic players couldn't play half the playlists, that party restrictions weren't possible "because of the population", all that leads me to believe otherwise.

I'm so tired of people dismissing this. Halo 5 dropped arguably worst than Halo 4 when comparing to other games that do give population numbers and were above Halo 5 in the "most active" list on Xbox's store. Also I don't remember EU players begging to play on NA servers 6 months after launch with Halo 4.

24 minutes ago, Basu said:

Forgot to reply to this. BF4 is hands down the safest bet.

Don't dis BC2 and 1943 like that ever again.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Hootspa said:

Every halo game has been DOA since halo 4 tho. Also bro I kind of don’t care if you can find games, that’s not what most of us mean when we say a game is dead. Something like 200 people were watching the halo 5 championship series on twitch at the height of halo 5. That is DOA in my book I don’t give a HECKING HECK if “technically you could find matchmaking games so it’s technically not dead!!”. I remember closing out of the HCS stream and then listening to a random Detroit police scanner stream online with like 700 viewers. If a game has less viewers than a ******* police scanner, it is dead. Holy shit lad

To be fair listening to Detroit police scanners is really entertaining. 

  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Hully said:

To be fair listening to Detroit police scanners is really entertaining. 

The Boston Bomber chase was the GOAT! 

Share this post


Link to post

Alright well, story leaked. Just ready through it, pretty convincing. Staten tweeting after it leaked last week (didn't even know) telling others to avoid spoilers definitely gives it credit. Mission names, what you do during the missions, main story points with names, locations, and details. Below is my short interpretation, not really a spoiler but some may consider it one.

Spoiler

343 is really killing off everything Bungie made. At this point, I'm surprised the Master Chief is still alive. They're definitely trying a story reboot without adding 20 characters which is nice but what everyone loved with the original trilogy is now gone. No nostalgia left. All we have left is what 343 now creates and I don't think that's enough to pull in people.

I don't even know what there is to look forward too now?

DM if you want links to it. Not sure what the story spoiler policy is here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ripharambe said:

Team Beyond has declared every Halo game DOA since Halo 4. That's like saying that the local doomsday preacher has said for the millionth time that the world is ending and that fact is somehow supposed to be remarkable? Halo 5's pop wasn't Halo 3 by any means but it was just fine so unless Infinite is literally unable to function on launch day everything will be fine.

 Bad take.

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hootspa said:

Every halo game has been DOA since halo 4 tho. Also bro I kind of don’t care if you can find games, that’s not what most of us mean when we say a game is dead. Something like 200 people were watching the halo 5 championship series on twitch at the height of halo 5. That is DOA in my book I don’t give a HECKING HECK if “technically you could find matchmaking games so it’s technically not dead!!”. I remember closing out of the HCS stream and then listening to a random Detroit police scanner stream online with like 700 viewers. If a game has less viewers than a ******* police scanner, it is dead. Holy shit lad

Infinite love seems to still be coming in. 

Share this post


Link to post

If MCC didn't have Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo Reach, Halo 1, Halo 4 and ODST it would of been DOA.

Share this post


Link to post

Riot is planning on disabling all-chat in League of Legends. Would not be surprised at all if Halo went that way; it was already disabled in the flight.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Infinite love seems to still be coming in. 

And it will continue and everyone will talk about how amazing it is. The hype will not stop.

Then the silent majority will realise other games do what it does bit better.

Then they will go back to Warzone.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

 



Has Heinz ever been that active on here? Seems he's going to be in charge of gathering settings feedback for HCS.

Share this post


Link to post

All of this is very palpable. I feel really bad for the devs.

https://gamingintel.com/battlefield-2042s-troubled-development-and-identity-crisis/

54 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Riot is planning on disabling all-chat in League of Legends. Would not be surprised at all if Halo went that way; it was already disabled in the flight.

  I disable all chat in every game I play. I used to care what 15 year old's think when I was 15 but that time has passed.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Soon they'll stop showing the enemy's names and we might as well be playing bots.

Engaging with the opposing team is what brings competitive nature alive, even in video games.

Also nearly the entire LoL community is collectively against this. Even Riot devs are speaking out. The problem with toxicity are teammates, not the other team. This move is a virtual signal so they can say they're trying because they have no idea how to fix it.

I do see 343 following this method regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

If I don't have all-chat then I'll just direct my anger towards my teammates.

I felt that when we played.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Geaux Andrew said:

I won't be as bad as people who spend 5 minutes reporting the entire opposing team after one gg ez.

Reporting doesn't work in MCC at least. If it did I would have been banned a while ago.

15 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I felt that when we played.

I was all-chatting when we played, you just didn't know. Imagine if I didn't have that outlet, you may have left in tears.

Share this post


Link to post

Real talk for a second; I don't understand this trend of trying to make games more "inclusive" and "less toxic". Who said that drives a game towards success? I want people to feel uncomfortable, I want people to be toxic, I want people to be harassed for playing bad, and I want to be the one doing it.

 

  • Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Real talk for a second; I don't understand this trend of trying to make games more "inclusive" and "less toxic". Who said that drives a game towards success? I want people to feel uncomfortable, I want people to be toxic, I want people to be harassed for playing bad, and I want to be the one doing it.

 

There's lots of reasons for it and those conversations always steer political because something about wanting a little toxicity in video games makes people think that you have an underground hate basement.

I just like teabagging and meleeing dead bodies. It's all I do. CTF? Yall go for the flag, I'll camp with shotty and teabag until a controller is thrown at the wall. And now I can do it while wearing a $10 Golden armor bundle? Lawd almighty you are good to me

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Real talk for a second; I don't understand this trend of trying to make games more "inclusive" and "less toxic". Who said that drives a game towards success? I want people to feel uncomfortable, I want people to be toxic, I want people to be harassed for playing bad, and I want to be the one doing it.

It's not about removing toxicity, it's about allowing people who aren't interested in it to not be exposed to it. One of those controls is the ability to disable all-chat. I want to play a multiplayer game, do I need to tolerate relentless insults from other players just because they feel like it? That's not why I'm playing the game.

I shouldn't have to be dragged down to your level just because you want to upset people. There are plenty of people that get off on shit talking and that's fine, but for the people that aren't interested, there should be controls to avoid that behavior such as mute/disable chat.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

It's not about removing toxicity, it's about allowing people who aren't interested in it to not be exposed to it. One of those controls is the ability to disable all-chat. I want to play a multiplayer game, do I need to tolerate relentless insults from other players just because they feel like it? That's not why I'm playing the game.

I shouldn't have to be dragged down to your level just because you want to upset people. There are plenty of people that get off on shit talking and that's fine, but for the people that aren't interested, there should be controls to avoid that behavior such as mute/disable chat.

But this is exactly how almost every modern game works. What I disagree with is outright removing all-chat and making it totally unavailable.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Real talk for a second; I don't understand this trend of trying to make games more "inclusive" and "less toxic". Who said that drives a game towards success? I want people to feel uncomfortable, I want people to be toxic, I want people to be harassed for playing bad, and I want to be the one doing it.

 

I really miss the days of pre and post game lobbies, where the lobby itself wouldn't get disbanded after every match. When you could end up playing with the same people for multiple games in a row as long as nobody left. You could seriously have little rivalries in the span of four or five games. You're shit talking player X, then you play against him and win, now you're in the post game lobby talking more trash. Now the next game starts and player X is on your team. You're doing better than him and you get to talk trash the entire time. Now the next game starts and you're playing against him again. You teabag every time you kill him. He's not taking this well, the game ends and he's in a rage. Now he's on your team again and you really bring your A game of trash talk. He can't handle it and rage quits. 

That kind of thing doesn't exist anymore and it's a crying shame. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.