CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

9 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Im Convinced I’m significantly better than you at halo by words alone 

Good thing your standard isn't punctuation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

NavG vs Reamis25

Battle of the Shitposters.

1v1 on Guardian.

• Fire (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Rofl I'd double melee you, and I'm not talking about Halo either.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

NavG vs Reamis25

Battle of the Shitposters.

1v1 on Guardian.

Oh I will tomorrow 12 pm PST GT Reamum

28 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Rofl I'd double melee you, and I'm not talking about Halo either.

Lmao 

31 minutes ago, OldBlu said:

Good thing your standard isn't punctuation.

Grammar nazi bitch! 

• Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Reamis25 said:

Oh I will tomorrow 12 pm PST GT Reamum

I just want everyone to notice how when I challenge Reamis to a 1v1 on a Friday or a weekend he's "working", but then he suggests mid-day on a fucking Monday

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

@Shekkles, why is it that when I begin to type "@Reamis" 3 accounts show up? Is this some sort of a bug in Team Beyond's account database?

18 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

@Shekkles, doesn't Team Beyond have a similar rule if I am not mistaken?

d4jEumh.png

Reamis carried this forum through the dark days don't deny it.

19 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

I just want everyone to notice how when I challenge Reamis to a 1v1 on a Friday or a weekend he's "working", but then he suggests mid-day on a fucking Monday

lmao

17 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

@Shekkles, why is it that when I begin to type "@Reamis" 3 accounts show up? Is this some sort of a bug in Team Beyond's account database?

Don't forget

@Fixaimingsorry

@Supermelee21

@Supermelee24

@Supermelee25

@Supermeleere2

@Supermeleeisbac

@Arlong

@Arlong2

@Arlong3

He knows he's in the naughty corner.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

Some of us work on weekends jackass

• Fire (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Reamis25 said:

Some of us work on weekends jackass

I bet you're an HVAC technician.

Amusing as the literal 1v1 challenges are, can we please not take up and entire page of them.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Amusing as the literal 1v1 challenges are, can we please not take up and entire page of them.

1v1 me brah

• Like (+1) 2

Too bad Halo doesn't have a BF Portal equivalent. 

We could have some true 1v1 showdowns:

Player 1 - Sidekick primary, no thrust, no ground pound, no charge, full bloom, shitty aim.

Player 2 - H5 Magnum, thrust, ground pound, charge, no bloom, even shittier aim. 

• Like (+1) 1

If portal is successful I could see 343 shamelessly ripping it off.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

I have no idea why they aren't already with Infinite. A 10 year content plan? Just remake every gun in the series and put it in forge and then drip feed classic maps you could literally combine that with armor customization options to buy a battle pass for and lock down like 2 big years of content right there. 343 would be eating as far as battle pass sales if they did that. It would be the ultimate nostalgia money grab

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Forge should be Portal.

Also the rumour that Infinite has 23 maps, what if it's like 8 original maps and 15 remakes?

• Like (+1) 1

Can I get some suggestions for PC upgrade? I'm wanting to get 1440p 144hz to make the most of my screen (monitor only allows 1440p or 120fps via HDMI, and because XSX doesn't output DisplayPort I'm stuck at 1080 120fps).

Also XSX doesn't output Optical so I can't use my Astro amp for surround sound. So I figure if I sell the XSX, and out in a couple more hundred bucks, I can get better visuals, 20+ more frames, much better sound, and space saving 😅

Current PC:

CPU:    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor,

Mobo:   ASRock B450 Pro4

GPU:   AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

RAM:   16.0 GB 

---

I want to know if I can get away with just a GPU upgrade - I was told a 3060ti would do, but upon further reading I don't trust that this will be enough. Seems like Halo Infinite is quite CPU intensive, and CPU is where you get higher frame rates from? Clearly I'm a console pleb, so any help would be appreciated! 

Much love

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Forge should be Portal.

Also the rumour that Infinite has 23 maps, what if it's like 8 original maps and 15 remakes?

Based on what we've seen from the leaks it will be what we had in the tech preview and drab human aesthetic #21, with 110% more pipes™!! 

Maybe hit classics are on the horizon like Adrift, Meltdown, Wreckage, Vertigo, Condemned and Complex.

I'm just hoping to pay for the blood DLC and the pass that enables emblem customisation.

Also if Quinn was in any way responsible for the retro or sawn-off, their existence as a concept as well as their balancing, I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edit: Yea had a full on rant but yeah nah i'll rein it in lol.

Hey KurtiZ long time no see! I've only dipped my toes in Halo since early 2013, is there still an active NZ scene for MCC?

1 hour ago, KurtiZ said:

Can I get some suggestions for PC upgrade? I'm wanting to get 1440p 144hz to make the most of my screen (monitor only allows 1440p or 120fps via HDMI, and because XSX doesn't output DisplayPort I'm stuck at 1080 120fps).

Also XSX doesn't output Optical so I can't use my Astro amp for surround sound. So I figure if I sell the XSX, and out in a couple more hundred bucks, I can get better visuals, 20+ more frames, much better sound, and space saving 😅

Current PC:

CPU:    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor,

Mobo:   ASRock B450 Pro4

GPU:   AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

RAM:   16.0 GB 

---

I want to know if I can get away with just a GPU upgrade - I was told a 3060ti would do, but upon further reading I don't trust that this will be enough. Seems like Halo Infinite is quite CPU intensive, and CPU is where you get higher frame rates from? Clearly I'm a console pleb, so any help would be appreciated! 

Much love

I can't speak to what Infinite will require more of obviously when it releases but I can tell you that intel cpus are just better typically single core performance wise but they're also more expensive usually. That does leave very cpu heavy games leaning towards intel a lot of the time since those games tend to also not be the greatest at using a million cores/threads. This whole debates shifts around often as they release newer generations but one thing that doesn't change is intel having an edge with software/driver support and you need to look into your specific price range to really decide which is better for you

We're also at a point where buying a prebuilt right now is likely cheaper or a better investment than buying a graphics card alone unless you're absurdly lucky and get one at msrp

You're probably in the market for a new desktop in general unless you get pretty lucky as far as gpu prices go you'll notice the msrp of a 3060 was supposed to be sub 400 usd where the 3060 ti was supposed to be right at that price but they're being sold everywhere for over 800